Trump era: Fascist dawn, or road to liberation?

Mariama said:
I concur. Just came across this article while looking for that article about US soldiers raping French women after WWII ended.
Hundreds of thousands of German women were raped by British, U.S. and French soldiers after the end of the Second World War, a German historian has claimed.

In a new book, Miriam Gerhardt, a well-regarded German academic, challenges the established view that Soviet troops were responsible for the vast majority of rape cases in occupied Germany.

"The assumption that Western Allied soldiers would not do such a thing turned out not to be true," she told the broadcaster Deutsche Welle. "In the method and violence of rape there was no difference between American GIs and the Red Army, as far as I can see."

https://www.sott.net/article/293552-Historian-accuses-Allies-of-mass-rape-in-Germany

There might be small truth to it, but not on the scale of what is said. It probably depends on the area and time of the war. Later on in the war, soldiers were probably becoming nihilistic and desensitized- as war does, whether you are on the noble side or the bad guys side.

My grandmother told my mother that when the Germans came through Czechoslovakia, the soldiers of those times would stay at houses. The German soldiers were pretty quiet and stayed to themselves, just asking for the basics like food and bath. Later on when the Soviet soldiers came, they were quite pushy and angry. She said they seemed very angry and were sexually harassing, but luckily she lived with her sisters- a few which were tough women.

I can see it that when Germany came, they weren't angry because they saw the future of owning/annexing that area. The Soviets were more like fighting for someone else, a land that wasn't going to be theirs. It's a similar dynamic to what our soldiers feel when they get shipped to Iraq, etc, not feeling deep down that they should be fighting for someone else. It might have been the same with the other allies who were forced to go fight on a foreign land for someone else. It's not an excuse, but it does explain how having wars away from your home (or future home) could cause resentment and lead to anger/rape/harassment of the protected.

Divide By Zero said:
Mariama said:
I concur. Just came across this article while looking for that article about US soldiers raping French women after WWII ended.
Hundreds of thousands of German women were raped by British, U.S. and French soldiers after the end of the Second World War, a German historian has claimed.

In a new book, Miriam Gerhardt, a well-regarded German academic, challenges the established view that Soviet troops were responsible for the vast majority of rape cases in occupied Germany.

"The assumption that Western Allied soldiers would not do such a thing turned out not to be true," she told the broadcaster Deutsche Welle. "In the method and violence of rape there was no difference between American GIs and the Red Army, as far as I can see."

https://www.sott.net/article/293552-Historian-accuses-Allies-of-mass-rape-in-Germany

There might be small truth to it, but not on the scale of what is said. It probably depends on the area and time of the war. Later on in the war, soldiers were probably becoming nihilistic and desensitized- as war does, whether you are on the noble side or the bad guys side.

My grandmother told my mother that when the Germans came through Czechoslovakia, the soldiers of those times would stay at houses. The German soldiers were pretty quiet and stayed to themselves, just asking for the basics like food and bath. Later on when the Soviet soldiers came, they were quite pushy and angry. She said they seemed very angry and were sexually harassing, but luckily she lived with her sisters- a few which were tough women.

I can see it that when Germany came, they weren't angry because they saw the future of owning/annexing that area. The Soviets were more like fighting for someone else, a land that wasn't going to be theirs. It's a similar dynamic to what our soldiers feel when they get shipped to Iraq, etc, not feeling deep down that they should be fighting for someone else. It might have been the same with the other allies who were forced to go fight on a foreign land for someone else. It's not an excuse, but it does explain how having wars away from your home (or future home) could cause resentment and lead to anger/rape/harassment of the protected.

Bolded parts were mirrored exactly in Hungary - southern neighbor of Czechoslovakia - as my Grandmother told us several times.

lilies said:
Divide By Zero said:
Mariama said:

Bolded parts were mirrored exactly in Hungary - southern neighbor of Czechoslovakia - as my Grandmother told us several times.

That's very interesting, but she didn't say anything about the German soldiers, but about the allied forces. The documentary paints an idealised picture of the allies which of course is a lie.

Bear said:
Thanks for the rundown Neil. When I connected to the webinar the audio wouldn't work. After about 30 min of trying to get it to work I gave up. I plan to listen to the saved MP3 they said they will send out to subscribers and see if I can give some additional notes early next week.

Yes Neil I appreciate you taking notes on that webinar. I was also curious about the Antarctica question. As suggested , if it would reveal secrets about hidden human history, it may not be safe or from STO perspective allowed to be told to the general public. Most may not be ready for radical disclosures. All in all it seemed like safe and sound predictions. One always hopes for a positive timeline to play out, and if not, to avoid being blindsided. .

Lada Ray seems like a point of view to keep checking in on.

Thank you, Neil! I'll need to listen to Lada's Russian accented voice regards probably important Trump-related details in this webinar, so I'll wait for the YT video.

Trump must have a lot of practice by now dealing with psychopaths in his business and he must know enough about how to handle extremely sensitive information, leaking of which could easily be fatal. (Stroke or heart attack included.)

Neil said:
[..] Lada believes that the Fukushima quake was induced with some kind of sonic weapon.
[..]
Saw same shortly after the accident in 2011, when questions here arose about the cause: whodunnit?! A submarine-looking vehicle working at the sea floor deploying a big "thumper" device, which was generating these sonic pulses on fine tuned wavelengths to induce the quake/tsunami that led to the Fukushima disaster.

Even drew an image about it in photoshop and attached, but then deleted the whole post shortly from this forum after publishing, because the mounting threat from an unseen source: much like when Castaneda's mushrooms and the resulting trance were discussed here and there was that guy skilled in chemistry and had access to restricted stuff (for licensed chemists only). He concocted a powerful trance-inducer potion for himself (he knew what he was doing and gave away the exact recipe too) and entered into a serious trance-state, where he encountered this giant superpowered predatory/lizard mind-presence that detected him and immediately came down on him like an angry mammoth chasing down a dog. He was screaming in terror and became so scared that he immediately stopped trying his concoctions and never went back. Same alien source probably reared its ugly head in this account:
https://www.sott.net/article/296336-Navy-sailor-shares-eerie-story-about-horrific-unexplained-radio-signals-that-killed-the-power-on-his-ship

Einstein mentioned something obscure about his discovery of higher dimensions and how he became very frightened (IIRC). He must have seriously considered publishing his findings. Could have been this type of superpowered source that frightened him and made clear to him via sensations to reconsider and retract everything regards the find?

Re: Trump, Brexit and psychometrics

Laura said:
Hithere said:
Interesting article about Big Data being utilized to manufacture messages targeted at specific types of people, allegedly a big part of the reason Trump got elected and also behind Brexit:

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/how-our-likes-helped-trump-win

Has anybody gone to this website and checked to see how well they predict? I did and opted for the text examination rather than giving them access to my FB stuff. I pasted in the first couple of pages of my new book that isn't out yet and I'm attaching their assessment of me as a pdf (took screen shot).

He has long and exhaustive list of tests here.
_https://discovermyprofile.com/
I did short 5 min personality test. Results seems to be decent.
https://discovermyprofile.com/miniIPIP/results-2654739-76dqfu7kvqub70j0ugdhseofp0.html

Your personality

Openness: 54%
Conscientiousness:48%
Extraversion:16%
Agreeableness:42%
Neuroticism:85%
Answering questions is only one way to discover your personality. Find out what your preference in movies, music and brands reveals about your BIG5 by taking the Cambridge PPQ, our preference-based personality questionnaire. It also provides detailed feedback on your BIG5 and only takes 5 minutes to complete.

Take preference-based personality test
Openness : Openness to experience describes a dimension of personality that distinguishes imaginative, creative people from down-to-earth, conventional people.

This trait refers to the extent to which people prefer novelty versus convention. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who is aware of their feelings but doesn't get carried away with their imagination either. You might say that you embrace change when it is necessary while still resisting it when you think it is not, and that beauty is important to you, but it's not everything.

Reflective question: When do you think that tradition is important, and when is it time for change?

Conscientiousness: Conscientiousness concerns the way in which we control, regulate, and direct our impulses.

This trait refers to the extent to which people prefer an organised, or a flexible, approach in life. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who is random and fun to be around but that you can plan and persist when life requires it. From your responses it appears that depending on the situation, you can make quick decisions or deliberate for longer if necessary.

Reflective question: How do you go about organising your workload?

Extraversion: Extraversion is marked by pronounced engagement with the external world, versus being comfortable with your own company.

This trait refers to the extent to which we enjoy company, and seek excitement and stimulation. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who is quiet and somewhat withdrawn. Your answers describe you as someone who doesn't need lots of other people around to have fun, and can sometimes find that people are tiring.

Reflective question: How do you like to spend your spare time?

Agreeableness:Agreeableness reflects individual differences in concern with cooperation and social harmony.

This trait refers to the way people express their opinions and manage relationships. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who gets along with people well, especially once they have proved themselves trustworthy to you. Your responses suggest that you do have a healthy scepticism about others' motives, but that doesn't stop you from considering others to be basically honest and decent.

Reflective question: In what situations are you co-operative? When do you enjoy competition?

Neuroticism:Neuroticism refers to the tendency to experience negative emotions.

This trait refers to the way people cope with, and respond to, life's demands. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who reacts poorly to stressful situations, and consequently worries more than most about them. However, you are someone that has an emotional depth that others lack.

Reflective question: When do you not feel in control of your emotions?
May be we want to put this in a different thread.

Re: Trump, Brexit and psychometrics

Laura said:
Has anybody gone to this website and checked to see how well they predict? I did and opted for the text examination rather than giving them access to my FB stuff. I pasted in the first couple of pages of my new book that isn't out yet and I'm attaching their assessment of me as a pdf (took screen shot).
I pasted in some text from a post on the forum, and got Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging. I felt that the text described some attributes that I could identify with, but that generally is the case with these sorts of things.

From Scott Adams of Dilbert fame @ScottAdamsSays:

C37uhXMWEAAJ0Ar.jpg

Last month, a day after Donald Trump's inauguration, the anti-Trump movement got a new symbol: the pink 'p****hat', worn by protesters at the Women's March. Russian observers, well-acquainted with the color revolution technology that the US once meticulously exported to Eastern Europe, are surprised to see the formula returning home to the US.

Boomerang Effect: US's Color Revolution Formula Comes Home to Roost
https://sputniknews.com/us/201702051050375104-us-color-revolution-danger-russian-analysts/

On Thursday, Sputnik reported on billionaire financier George Soros' extensive secret spending on special interest groups meant to help keep the global anti-Trump protests going. "The source of funding for this unrest is important to note," Thursday's report emphasized, given that "organizations affiliated with the billionaire have been deeply connected to color revolutions and political uprisings across the globe, including the Arab Spring."

On Saturday, tens of thousands of protesters took to the streets of major cities across the US for the third weekend in a row, condemning Trump's agenda, his executive orders and his cabinet appointees. Protests rocked New York City, Washington, D.C., San Francisco and Los Angeles, with smaller demonstrations held in other cities and at US embassies in other countries.

Russian observers, well-acquainted with State Department's use of color revolution technology in countries near Russia in the past, have marked their surprise in seeing some of the formula's well-known methods being deployed in the US itself.

In a recent op-ed for RIA Novosti, Radio Sputnik contributor Svetlana Kalmikova suggested that when "one looks through the images of the fervent anti-Trump protests, one unwittingly starts to search among the pink caps for the severe-looking lady handing out cookies. And who knows, maybe she's already there among the masses."

On a serious note, the journalist explained that the protest actions against the democratically-elected US government are starting to look more and more reminiscent of a well-organized campaign, and welcomed the US into the worldwide fraternity of countries subjected to the formula of color revolutions.

"Serbia, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Ukraine, Lebanon, and the 'Arab Spring' in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya and Syria – the technology has been well tested," Kalmikova wrote.

"First, an issue or incident is chosen. In the case of the US, it's Trump's decree on immigration. The next step is to attract maximum attention to the issue from society, so that it becomes a headline in the news. And here the internal US issue is blown up by global media. Politicians from the EU, Asia and the Middle East rush to comment on the issue with conviction, and the US press eagerly quotes even those people whom they paid little attention to only yesterday."

"To drive their point home," the journalist added, "Trump's executive order is called 'anti-Muslim', and claims are made that it infringes on US rights and freedoms, and contradicts Western values, even if the issue is really about the threat of terrorism and national security."

And so, Kalmikova noted, the country "is filled with thousands of disgruntled representatives of the 'creative' liberal class, and they take to the streets, the same way it happened in other countries. Again, it's all presented as a spontaneous process…In reality, everything is well-orchestrated. The crowds are well-organized. Bright 'revolutionary' symbols are used for the purpose of separating friend from foe. They started with pink caps. In the future, something else may be added. The crowds are warmed up by opinion makers, including movie stars, musicians, directors, etc. All of this is very familiar."

The next step," the journalist explained, "is the formation of the leaders of the protest movement on the political level."

"It's no accident," she noted, "that former President Barack Obama expressed his support for the protesters, and added that he was 'heartened by the level of engagement taking place in communities across the country.'"

After that, Kalmikova wrote that "traditionally, the next step is to issue threats against the legitimate authorities, and demand that they leave office."

In his own op-ed, political commentator Alexei Pankin recalled that from the first days following Trump's election, "efforts began to try to deprive him of his victory, from charges of electoral fraud, to calls for impeachment as an 'agent of the Kremlin'…After the inauguration, his opponents began murmuring something about the 25th Amendment of the US Constitution, which deals with mechanism to replace a president in the event that he is unable to fulfill his duties."

"All of this is unprecedented in American history," Pankin emphasized, and points to "classic signs of a color revolution, with dissatisfaction with election results by the active part of the losing side's electorate mixing with an elite conspiracy."

Trump, the analyst recalled, faces opposition from the "globalist-oriented part of both the Democratic and Republican establishment, from intelligence agencies, NGOs and, with a few exceptions, leading media. Influential world powers, including the leadership of the EU, Germany and France, are also on their side. We all remember the immensely important role played by international actors in the color revolutions in Yugoslavia, Georgia and Ukraine."

That it would be more correct to call Trump's election the 'revolution', since he spoke against the party of power, is another matter altogether," Pankin wrote. Still, with that in mind, "any attempt to deprive him of his victory should really be defined as a 'counterrevolution'…"

The Democrats, the observer noted, lost their chance at victory in the elections when they failed to nominate their own 'revolutionary' candidate, Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders. "Trump and Sanders are two sides of the same coin. Both are anti-globalists, both see solving internal problems as their main priority, both challenged the ruling parties and appealed to the under-privileged sections of the population," Pankin suggested.

Now, Russian observers warn, the biggest danger stems from the next step in the color revolution playbook: a provocation against police or other law enforcement agents, for example by 'unprovoked' violence by police against protesters which serves to further galvanize protesters' anti-government moods, and results in more demonstraters joining in.

This final step was most vividly (and brutally) demonstrated in Kiev in February 2014, when snipers (whose identity remains a mystery to this day) fired on protesters and police alike. Protest leaders then accused the government of extreme brutality, authorities lost their nerve, and a coup d'état followed. Hopefully, US officials are aware of the dangers of such an eventuality, and won't allow things to reach that point.

Despite media representing protests against US President Donald Trump as grassroots spontaneous uprisings, there is actually a significant amount of money being spent on special interest groups to keep the disruptions happening.

Billionaire Financier Soros Continues to Fund Anti-Trump Protests
https://sputniknews.com/us/201702021050292146-soros-anti-trump-protests/

As we previously reported, billionaire financier George Soros has provided funding to at least 56 of the “partner” organizations, including National Resource Defense Council and Planned Parenthood, on the Women’s March on DC. MoveOn.org has also been consistently organizing and calling for protests, and shocker, is also financed by Soros.

[...] The source of funding for this unrest is important to note, as organizations affiliated with the billionaire have been deeply connected to color revolutions and political uprisings across the globe, including Arab Spring. This point has led many to question what his end goal is for the US, where heavily-funded protests are raging on over a fair and free election.

“Soros is effectively the puppet-master pulling most of the strings in Kiev. Soros Foundation’s Ukraine branch, International Renaissance Foundation (IRF), has been involved in Ukraine since 1989. His IRF doled out more than $100 million to Ukrainian NGOs two years before the fall of the Soviet Union, creating the preconditions for Ukraine’s independence from Russia in 1991. Soros also admitted to financing the 2013-2014 Maidan Square protests that brought the current government into power,” a report in the New Eastern Outlook journal explained in 2015.

These “democracy-building” projects have been used, much like the Clinton Foundation in Haiti, to line Soros’ own pockets.

Make no mistake that the events you’re seeing transpire nationwide are being orchestrated in part by a billionaire political elite class that is looking to subvert the will of the American people by attempting to foment a new American revolution. Soros’ formula has been duplicated in numerous nations, and it looks as if he now has the US in his sights as the next target,” the Free Thought Project wrote of Soros meddling in November 2016.

US Senator Bernie Sanders called President Trump a fraud and an authoritarian in an interview February 5, and said he hoped mainstream conservatives would stand up to him.

Trump is a 'Fraud' and an Authoritarian - Bernie Sanders
https://sputniknews.com/us/201702061050378298-sanders-trump-fraud-authoritarian/

"This guy is a fraud," Sanders told CNN's State of the Union.

This guy ran for president of the United States saying, 'I, Donald Trump, I'm going to take on Wall Street — these guys are getting away with murder.' Then suddenly, he appoints all these billionaires," Sanders said.

"He told us- in fact, it's in the Republican platform, he's going to bring back Glass-Steagall, we're going to be dividing up commercial banks from investment banks to insurance companies. Then he has all of the big Wall Street guys on his side, and now he is working for Wall Street." (The Glass-Steagall Act, repealed under Bill Clinton, separated commercial and investment banks.)

Gary Cohn, who heads Trump's National Economic Council, was a Goldman Sachs executive; his pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, also comes from the multinational financial group that took billions from the US government in its 2008 bailout of "too big to fail" banks.

Trump on February 3 signed an order asking federal regulators to come back to him in 120 days with suggestions on how to change US legislation to allow more money to flow to businesses; Sanders predicted that he would "dismantle legislation that protects consumers."

I think he is going to sell out the middle class and the working class of this country," Sanders said.

Trump ran as the only Republican promising not to cut Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, US public assistance programs, but that the makeup of his advisers suggests he'll do exactly that, Sanders said. He had voters fooled.

"He is a good showman, I will give you that — he is a good TV guy."

Sanders, Democratic primary rival of eventual nominee Hillary Clinton, ran a campaign focused on economic inequality in the US and on challenging corporate power. Trump pretended he would do that, too, he said.

"You have a president who, I think, in a totally fraudulent campaign said that, 'I'm going to stand up for the working people,'" the senator elaborated.

"Look at his Cabinet: we've never had more billionaires in a Cabinet in the history of this country. Look at his appointees. These are people who are going to go after the needs of working families, the elderly, the children, the sick, and the poor. That is called hypocrisy."

Citing the president's habit of tarring all media as "fake news," and of consistently putting himself and his opinions as the final authority, Sanders predicted that mainstream conservatives would soon find themselves in a very difficult position and hoped they would stand up to Trump's authoritarianism.

"We are not another Trump enterprise," he said. "It's called the United States of America. We're not a business run by Mr. Trump."

Lada is supposed to release a follow-up webinar Friday where she is supposed to address unanswered questions and she has allowed us to ask additional questions. I threw in a question about her opinion of Steve Bannon since there has been quite a bit of buzz about him here in recent posts, so we'll see if she gets to it. Maybe herondancer and bear could submit a question if you all have a consensus on something you really want to ask her.

@Bear, no need to worry about the question I wanted you to ask, because it was kind of addressed in an amalgamation of different questions. The answer was that Trump could be considered karma in a way, the overarching theme is that the planet's Yin and Yang forces must be balanced in order for the Earth Shift to proceed. The US is aberrantly powerful and the universe needs it to weaken so that it is on more or less equal footing with Russia and China. This is a requirement so that the incarnate environment of Earth can support 5D consciousness (her definition) with balanced higher dimensional energies infusing and driving the different cultures. Trump and Tillerson are tools for this to manifest in a less disruptive and more constructive way. She didn't say it all in one place, it was kind of touched in 2 or 3 different places in the video, so I am kind of summarizing.

Laura said:
Hithere said:
Interesting article about Big Data being utilized to manufacture messages targeted at specific types of people, allegedly a big part of the reason Trump got elected and also behind Brexit:
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/how-our-likes-helped-trump-win
I made the prediction through Facebook and it says that my likes are androgynous, that probably I'm a woman but that I don't hesitate to express my masculine side ... in fact I'm a man who never doubted nor by a second than my better half, if it exists, should be a woman :D
They used 57 of my likes, movies and music mainly and other sites like amazon and media.
Most of the traits seem correct to me (introvert) but the description is very general and I do not agree with the percentages. Some likes that are used to see the probability of a trait are also used for an opposite one
Laura said:
Atriedes says that the test was most likely created by a liberal with weird ideas about masculinity and femininity. Or they assume that women don't have brains or know how to drive them.
That explains everything haha.

However, the test above is not related to those who worked for the campaigns of Hillary and Trump and we don't know how advanced is their technology. It strikes me, because there are articles that say that Hillary used the Big Data largely and Trump was not giving it much importance before the election.The easiest is to think that Big Data does not work because otherwise it would be evidence that the one chosen for PTB to actually win was Trump, given that Hillary apparently had the support of the most powerful elite, Silicon Valley, the media and the government. Everything you need to make your Big Data unbeatable, however we saw that Hillary's campaign was the most ridiculous of all time :D

https://es.sott.net/article/50893-Experto-en-redes-digitales-Obama-y-Trump-usaron-el-Big-Data-para-lavar-cerebros
As it say in this sott Spanish article on the subject, They trusted too much in themselves?, Trump was smarter or globalists are being sabotaged from within? Or perhaps there is no Big Data that can save Hillary?.
It is rare that this expert was interviewed in Spanish and the other article share here was German originally

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/how-hillary-s-campaign-is-almost-certainly-using-big-data/
The evidence suggests her campaign is using a highly targeted technique that worked for Obama—but which Trump may not be taking advantage of

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-12-08/no-big-data-didn-t-win-the-u-s-election
Again, I would have believed in the efficiency of these shamanic manipulations had I not been the recipient of numerous e-mail messages from the Trump campaign that designated me as a "Big League Supporter" and doggedly asked for contributions and moral support, though I am disqualified as a Russian citizen. Whatever contact lists Trump's data team had, it didn't even match them against open social network data. Cambridge Analytica's microtargeting was obviously failing in my case. Even though I'd given my e-mail address to the campaigns of Bernie Sanders's and Clinton, too, as I registered for their rallies, they didn't senselessly bombard me with messages as Trump did.
Now, Cambridge Analytica is in great demand. Media outlets tout it as the great Trump-maker and rarely fail to mention its involvement in the Brexit campaign. A story in the Swiss weekly Das Magazin that describes the company as the dark mastermind behind the Trump win is making the rounds on German-speaking social networks, and I'm pretty sure Cambridge will make lots of money off European populists who dream of Trump's success. The days when Clinton was supposed to be riding a big data machine to victory are forgotten.
Had she won, Clinton's head of analytics, Elan Kriegel, would be where Cambridge Analytica is now. But in a contest of sorcerers, the loser is never truly magical.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ap-big-data-questioned-in-wake-of-trumps-surprising-victory-2016-11

Neil said:
Here are my notes from the webinar, with approximate times in the video, which will eventually come out, I'm sure.

[Snip]

1:10:00-Trump is US Gorbachev. Situation in US is analogous to USSR at the time. Gorbachev tried to salvage and rebuild the USSR, but was defeated. US will not completely disintegrate, but undergo a "mirror collapse." Trump will try to save the system but... the dollar has another two or three good years, and then will start to fall apart. US influence will wane as Trump repatriates troops and winds down defense agreements. US collapse will have more physical violence than USSR.
[snip]

Thanks for the summary Neil. I thought the above was quite interesting, the comparing of Trump to Gorbachev and how the US now is mirroring the collapse of the US. It has previously been mentioned how the US is nearing a USSR like collapse, but adding Trump into the equation was interesting, even if not surprising.

So, I was in bed last night, unable to sleep, and I started thinking... :O

The definition of everything is changing. There is a risk that each of us will be unwittingly pulled in a certain direction along with these changes.

Remember back when Putin and Russia went into Syria? It was like a "new reality", and suddenly we start looking at basic things like Russia's military capability, and poof! There's all this evidence that it's actually pretty good.

So, was it always there and we just didn't notice, or was it really a reality-splitting kind of thing? I guess in the end it doesn't really matter, as long as we pay attention to what is true right now, and not get stuck in the past...

Then Trump becomes president. The night (here) of the election, I went to bed totally depressed because Hillary was in for sure, and I had a pretty good idea of what that meant. I wake up the next morning, and poof! Trump is president.

Well, that was a bit of a shock. What does it mean? What will he do? Who knows?! :shock:

And now, today, I'm reading on FB especially about the conflict between "left and right". Suddenly, the "lefty liberals" are the spawn of satan, and they think that Trump and his "right-wing" crowd are the spawn of satan.

Previously, many of us probably would have classified ourselves as more "left-leaning", but naturally such categorizations are generally too blindly strict to adhere to religiously. For myself, I may have had more historically left-leaning views, but I never categorized myself with any crowd because that would be absurd... Mainly because that group of "Left" people have been ignoring 90% of reality for eons, just like the Right, the Center, and everybody else.

That's called: Life on Planet Earth - Isn't it Fun to be a Human? with your host, David Attenborough

So anyway, what I'm seeing in some cases is that some of us are condemning the "liberal left" with rather emotionally-charged language as if they are Untermensch.

Now, sure, it's pretty shocking. You've got a group of people who loved Obama, had NO idea what he was really doing, said nothing during "foreign interventions", said nothing when he bans immigration, cheered when he won a Nobel Peace Prize, etc. But when Trump does it, they call him Hitler. That's short-sighted at best.

However, IMO it's also totally short-sighted for us "formerly liberally lefty-leaning" types to go too far in the opposite direction, because THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT. That's how divide and conquer works.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out the absurdity of people, actions, and so on. That's what we're supposed to do. But when that "pointing out" starts to take on the flavor of NIGYYSOB (now I've got you, you son of a b*tch), then perhaps it's time to rein in the horsies and re-evaluate. If we don't do this, then we're contributing to the divide-and-conquer.

I will be the first to admit that I get pretty worked up about injustice, ignorance, contradictions, hypocrisy, etc. I'm not always successful at limiting its expression to my "safe circles" here, getting it out, and then posting something more balanced and fact-based publicly. But I try, and lately I'm trying harder because anything less is not good enough as a representative of this group.

And if I run off the rails emotionally and get caught up in the mayhem, I'm even going against my own being. And we know all too well what that generally leads too...

Right? Left? Center? Muslim? Christian? Man? Woman? HeWoman? SheMan? Gay? Straight? Diagonal?

Seriously, who cares? It all become meaningless in the current constantly changing reality, especially when it's only all about ME and MY IDENTITY and MY personal views. It's all being used to separate us from each other and to launch total chaos.

I mean, Muslim: There are mercenaries who pretend to be radical Muslims, and there are people like this Sheik on SOTT Radio yesterday who (regardless of your or my opinion of Islam) may very well be just good people trying to live their lives. There are Muslims who voted for Trump, and Muslims who didn't. And so on... The term is essentially meaningless in the big picture, because it means different things for different people, and at different times. The same is true of "Left" and "Right" and everything else. Especially now.

If you want someone to actually listen to what you say, you can't use derogatory terms to classify what comes out of their mouths. They will instantly shut down, classify you, you have just technically classified them, and nothing will get better because you just killed any possibility of that happening. Sure, you might feel better, but it accomplished nothing... In which case, it's still all about you, as with everyone else.

I think the best way to deal with this stuff is to post things WITHOUT directly addressing any person or group. Give data that contradicts something, and ask simple questions in an emotionally-neutral way so that MAYBE people will think. If not now, then the seed is planted for the future. Maybe...

That is the ONLY way I have ever found that actually works in the longer term.

Anyway, I suspect that more change is coming, which is the reason I'm saying all of this. There will be more "POOF!" events, and we all really need to keep our wits about us. We need to ride the ocean wave of change, not rant against it and beat it with a stick. If not, we risk falling off our surfboards and getting washed away. And then eaten by sharks. ;D

I concur with Scottie,

I was just thinking over this weekend that, whoever is benefitting from this divide being shoved down our eyes constantly, does not care one bit about humanity's well being. They don't care about right or left or center or brown or white or nothing.

Which is the whole point. Someone being right in the argument isn't the point or goal, the goal is the divide itself. When we're divided we forget that the other is human. A human being just like us with a whole bunch of programs and blind spots and fears and so on. The division makes us stop caring about each other's suffering and worse yet, wish it upon the other.

And it's the perfect time also, both sides of the spectrum have so much to be revealed that it can keep both oppositions constantly and validly pissed at them. The left has got as much blood on their hands as does the right and they're constantly screaming accusations while pointing their bloody fingers at the others bloody hands.

Back
Top Bottom