Jordan Peterson on Diet

Joe

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Jordan Peterson had another (long) chat with Joe Rogan recently. Towards the end he described his own health issues and those of his wife and daughter and how they solved them, for the most part.

Here's the vid at the relevant time:

https://youtu.be/6T7pUEZfgdI?start=7980

That’s truly amazing,

Someone should tell him that maybe olive oil could be replaced by animal fats. But it’s quite incredible and rather interesting that he jumped onto the public stage as he was making these dietary changes. I wonder if some of his really amazing observations became possible only after he cleared his system.

Thanks for sharing.

Here's a post on Mikhaila Peterson's (his daughter) blog about his diet.

http://mikhailapeterson.com/2017/09/20/jordan-petersons-diet/

[quote author=Jordan Peterson's Diet]
Dad suffered from a number of health problems. He had GERD, minor psoriasis, mouth ulcers, fatigue and had an extremely hard time losing weight. He stopped eating desserts, went without sugar, and tried exercising. The worst health problem was severe depression. It seems to run in our family.

When I started figured out my problems were caused by food, and my depression lifted, I convinced dad to go on the same diet. The first year he lost 50 pounds. No joke. He lost about a pound a week. I know this sounds extreme but he’s eating well. We eat a lot and we definitely don’t calorie count. All his minor health problems went away, and he seemed to age backwards. No joke, check out his previous YouTube videos (2014 ish) compared to 2016-2017’s. The depression has been harder to get under control but it’s under control too. He doesn’t nap either. We’re going to make a video soon about it.

Anyways this is his diet:

Meats:
  • turkey
  • beef
  • chicken
  • lamb
  • duck
  • wild game is fine too, elk, moose, etc.
  • wild salmon
  • tuna – check the ingredients! Get stuff that’s just tuna and water and perhaps salt.
  • organ meat – chicken liver tastes the best I find

Veggies:
  • lettuce
  • arugula
  • arugula microgreens (arugula sprouts)
  • cucumber
  • swiss chard
  • seaweed –check the ingredients! this is hard to find without soy and other things. The brand I’ve linked to is safe and really tasty
  • cilantro
  • collard greens
  • broccoli
  • turnips
  • cauliflower
  • parsnips
  • sweet potatoes
  • spinach

Fruit:
  • olives – check the ingredients! see my olive post. be super careful about which brands you buy here too, many have preservatives and flavours and dyes.

Vinegars:
  • apple cider vinegar – try to get the organic stuff so there aren’t dyes and flavours added

Oils:
  • coconut oil – get unrefined. And try to avoid the Nutiva brand. It’s everywhere but it doesn’t taste as good, and I’ve had ones that have gone bad before.
  • olive oil – make sure your olive oil is pure olive oil. Sometimes it’s also soybean oil!

Spices/Seasonings
  • salt
  • pepper
  • marjoram
  • parsley
  • oregano
  • thyme
  • rosemary
  • peppermint
  • turmeric
  • basil
  • bay leaf

Other:
  • baking soda (probably won’t eat this but it’s good for toothpaste :) )
  • peppermint tea – check the ingredients. buy loose leaf (David’s sells an organic peppermint which is lovely) or organic. We want to make sure there aren’t preservatives or flavours added. White tea bags or coffee filters are often bleached with sulfites. If you’re super sensitive (dad and I), you’ll react to these. So make sure you get organic tea bags as well!
  • black tea
  • bourbon
  • vodka (unflavoured)
[/quote]

It sure is interesting that a similar "warrior for truth" has been afflicted with the same types of conditions as many members of this forum. One wonders if it is attack from some opponent or simply the genetic price one pays for being able to SEE?

Laura said:
It sure is interesting that s similar "warrior for truth" has been afflicted with the same types of conditions as many members of this forum. One wonders if it is attack from some opponent or simply the genetic price one pays for being able to SEE?

I often wonder whether this is the case. Some people seem to be so fit and healthy, and in general just look great no matter how they live their lives. They can eat crap, sleep poorly, and still have perfect teeth, a muscular body, flawless skin, and practically zero health issues. Yet in my experience it is these people who happily live in a bubble and don't have very much to offer in terms of conversation about anything meaningful.

On the other hand, others need to exert serious efforts in lifestyle changes and diet just to stay afloat, and that seems to be common here on the forum especially. I would love to be able to eat all foods, but every time I do I feel the detrimental effects for the next week or so. It reminds me of a quote by Mouravieff concerning the pre-adamics and the adamics. I can't remember exactly what was said, but it was something along the lines of : the pre-adamics are more suited to surviving in this world than the adamics.

That's an interesting idea, Keyhole. On the other hand people who happily live in a bubble don't have this external drive to explore what's wrong with them. And when one starts to look what's wrong with them personally they start to see what's wrong with their environment. Laura's forum signature fits here very well: "He who learns must suffer".

Recently, I watched a TED-talk by Peterson from 2011, and it surprised me how different he looked back then. And it's not only that – in this older talk, he seems to be missing that 'thinking with a hammer' aspect that he has today. Have a look:

https://youtu.be/WOgSqHtTtHY

Laura said:
It sure is interesting that a similar "warrior for truth" has been afflicted with the same types of conditions as many members of this forum. One wonders if it is attack from some opponent or simply the genetic price one pays for being able to SEE?

I'd say it's closer to the second, but not just for Seeing but also in service to the drive to help others. I'd say a lot of Peterson's motivation to learn and keep digging for the truth had come from his experience of his own suffering, that of his family, and the many life stories he has learned about through his practice.

Joe said:
Laura said:

I'd say it's closer to the second, but not just for Seeing but also in service to the drive to help others. I'd say a lot of Peterson's motivation to learn and keep digging for the truth had come from his experience of his own suffering, that of his family, and the many life stories he has learned about through his practice.

Well, I have to admit after watching the vid about his daughter's issues, I had to wonder about "monkeying from above" so to speak. I mean, a key way to ensure someone that with the potential for great good is tamed is to make sure their children suffer. Well, and you might as well hit the target directly, too. Just for good measure.

And then, much of children's suffering can also happen via the targeted parents. And THEN, what about the lessons/karma of the children themselves? They are their own souls, they have their own lessons, blah blah blah.

It was really interesting that JP's daughter solved her own problem despite having a genius father. And when she did, he was skeptical of the whole thing until he tried it! I guess that makes her a bigger genius than him in terms of overall health and diet. :lol:

So, I think it probably gets kind of complicated.

Having said all that, on a more practical level I think it's quite simple: suffering is motivation to learn and change. I can sit around and lament my fate, regret the past, and so on. But I firmly believe that without all of that, I wouldn't be who I am today. And that's another reason why I think this neurofeedback thing + the Healing Developmental Trauma book may be a very big thing - at least for some of us.

I can't think of a better way to get out of the past than to focus on what is happening NOW. That would mean not just the neurofeedback, but also actively taking care of ourselves in the here and now. Fake It Till You Make It can only get you so far if a sort of "self-care" is absent. We're excellent at pretending to be things we're not! We've done it our whole lives.

To put it in JP terms: You can, "stand up straight with your shoulders back" until the cows come home, but if your inner landscape is a war zone, your serotonin ain't goin' up and you'll never be King Lobster. ;D

Because in the end, it seems to me that most of the suffering we crazy humans endure is at least greatly amplified by our own retardation, and sometimes even completely self-generated in the sense that we could choose a different way, but we don't want to because Poor Me Still Living in the Past.

And that's exactly where all this division enters the picture: Instead of lamenting our differences (which only amplifies our own self-pity and other issues) we could acknowledge them but then get on with connecting with people based on how we are the same, the goals we share, etc.

In modern society, we're all supposed to sit around focusing on our identity. Well, there's a big difference between, "I identify as a transsexual chipmunk, wah!" and "I identify as a transsexual chipmunk, but whatever. That puts me in an ideal position to help these other people!"

If we can't turn weaknesses into strengths, we're doing it wrong.

Right on Scottie,

It’s like... if we can’t turn our pain into useful knowledge for other beings, it implodes within and collapses. The “life” of said knowledge ends at us and it doesn’t grow any further.

It’s like the choice is presented to turn the inevitable pain into growth or stagnation. You’re either a victim of everything unfair that has happened to you for no reason or someone who has gone through something in order to learn something else that you now can teach.

Scottie said:
Because in the end, it seems to me that most of the suffering we crazy humans endure is at least greatly amplified by our own retardation, and sometimes even completely self-generated in the sense that we could choose a different way, but we don't want to because Poor Me Still Living in the Past.

And that's exactly where all this division enters the picture: Instead of lamenting our differences (which only amplifies our own self-pity and other issues) we could acknowledge them but then get on with connecting with people based on how we are the same, the goals we share, etc.

In modern society, we're all supposed to sit around focusing on our identity. Well, there's a big difference between, "I identify as a transsexual chipmunk, wah!" and "I identify as a transsexual chipmunk, but whatever. That puts me in an ideal position to help these other people!"

If we can't turn weaknesses into strengths, we're doing it wrong.

Imo this really nails it. What helps me is acknowledging something when I don't feel well when some of my own health problems set in (i.e. high blood sugar). It's like seeing it, correcting it and then to go on as good as possible, not giving it too much thought. As you wrote I also could lament on it for some time, but it doesn't change a thing. That's where action is needed; correcting something and waiting it out and keep on doing as best as one can. Well, failures are included of course and part of the process.

Alejo said:
Right on Scottie,

It’s like... if we can’t turn our pain into useful knowledge for other beings, it implodes within and collapses. The “life” of said knowledge ends at us and it doesn’t grow any further.

It’s like the choice is presented to turn the inevitable pain into growth or stagnation. You’re either a victim of everything unfair that has happened to you for no reason or someone who has gone through something in order to learn something else that you now can teach.

And that is precisely the challenge.

I don't know how many of you actually realize how much knowledge we have all acquired together over the past ten years or so and how far ahead of the usual "esoteric" seeker all of you are. Geeze, we've practically answered every esoteric question that has ever been asked usually by blunt force research and thinking plus networking.

Most of you know what a load of nonsense is the word salad that passes for "esoteric knowledge" and that is a huge achievement. If you don't waste time spinning your wheels toward dead ends, you have more time to do what is really valuable.

And what is valuable? Cleaning and repairing your machine; learning how the machine operates; beginning to take charge of your life to whatever extent is possible by doing those things, and then finding out that development of consciousness and even some special abilities follows naturally.

But here's the problem: now that we have come this far, it's way too easy to sit back and say: "well, is that all there is? Ho hum." You don't even realize how stupendous it actually is.

All day I have been thinking about this and the last part of Chapter 67 of The Wave: Food For the Moon and the Burning House: https://cassiopaea.org/2012/03/23/the-wave-chapter-67-food-for-the-moon-and-the-burning-house/. So, I went to re-read it. Here's the last part that keeps popping up for me lately:

MH: ‘I set out to learn how to be a Fool.’

OM: ‘No, you set out the follow the Way of the Fool. There is a difference. And what is the result of such a journey? The result is a wise Fool. A fool is the one who gives up everything for an idea. The wise Fool is the one who knows that he never had anything to give up in the first place. Is that Foolish? … What is the difference between an old man and a young man, if they are both fools?’ …

MH: ‘Is it commitment? The old man has committed himself, while the young one has not?’

OM: ‘Yes, exactly so. The old man has committed himself. He has made a stand. Life has made him do that. He has drawn a circle around himself, and said, “This is where I stand, this is what I must do.” He has committed himself to an action. Because he has drawn a circle around himself, others can see where he stands. He can be attacked by others. His position is weak. Those who have not committed themselves can mock, if they are so inclined. The one who has committed himself appears to be in a weak position. Yet the Spiritual truth is quite otherwise. It is the one who accepts commitment who is strong. The true commitment is the artistic one. This is why artists are so often attacked. They are attacked for their morals, for their ideas – even for their work. Yet their essence – their commitment – is the secret which is unassailable. The true artist knows that creativity is its own reward. Ordinary people fear commitment, you see. Ordinary people fear creativity. They know that if they allow that seething cauldron of yellow liquid to boil over within themselves, then their whole lives will be changed. People fear change. People do not wish to be creative and artistic in any real sense. They wish to decorate, perhaps, and to make things around themselves pleasant – but this has little to do with creativity. … All spiritual paths should be creative. Creativity is involved with sacrifice. That stew of yellow liquid which boils in everyone is a sacrificial broth …’

MH: ‘The sulphur?’

OM: Yes, the sulphur. The first of the Three Principles. It is in a sacrificial cauldron. It is an excess. Creativity is Spiritual delight, and overpouring of sulphur. … Some time ago you asked me about the word sulphur. We both agreed that Fulcanelli was right, and alchemical sulphur is the equivalent of the sexual energies in man and woman. The sexual energies may come out in a selfish way or in a creative way. Jakob Boehme … saw the division in the word sulphur in a slightly different way. He divided the word itself, and said Sul was the soul of a thing, the oil. The sulis born of the phur, the light. … Have you ever looked at spilt oil? Under certain conditions it can look like a thin filament of a rainbow. This is the light imprisoned in the oil. The light rises upwards. It liberates the rainbow. It is as simple as that. …’

MH: ‘Then all creative activity must be foolish? In which case, thinking must be foolish?’

OM: … ‘Perhaps thinking is foolish. Certain forms of thinking undoubtedly are foolish. After all, most people are vulnerable in their ideas: they fear to think for themselves. The Fool learns to think for himself: he or she makes it an exercise of the soul. Others refuse that Way. This is why our civilization is so under threat. We are living in a world where every effort is being made to ensure that the body is comfortable, yet little is done for the growing soul. …’

MH: ‘… creativity is itself a form of selflessness?’

OM: ‘Exactly so. Creativity is the giving away of Spiritual energy. Creativity is the soul in the expenditure of a bottomless purse. One gives sulphur away – initially perhaps through an excess of joy – for that is the foolishness of young men. Later, one gives away energy through commitment to an idea.’

MH: ‘Creativity is the ultimate deed of unselfishness?

OM: ‘Yes. … When a man knows that creativity is its own reward … well, then he is ready to work with people. …you think of yourself as a loner. You do not see how much you are needed. You are needed to point the way.’

MH: ‘But I know nothing.’

OM: ‘… You do not really believe that when you sit before a group you do so alone? You are there as a representative of the spiritual world. … Fools like myself become teachers, because we find suddenly that there is no one else. It’s as simple as that. … You realize how great is the gulf between you and others. There is a curtain between you. And you understand that this curtain is good for neither of you. The house out there is burning. You can see the flames, but those others cannot see the flames. … Now the question is, can you leave those people in the flames? Would it not be the act of a Fool to snatch one, or perhaps two, out of the conflagration?’

MH: ‘If that is what they want.’

OM: ‘They cannot see the flames, but they do not wish to be burned. You see. You know that there are two sorts of flame. There is the soft and slow flame of the inner heat, and that terrible burning flame which consumes, and which feels no human pain. … You cannot continue widening the gap between yourself and the world. … What for others is light is for the Teacher an old light – another word for darkness. … We live in a foolish paradox, for while we have forever, we do not have much time. (Hedsel 2000, 325–329)

Now, in view of the above quote from The Zelator, consider what the Cs said:

97may31 said:
Q: ...You say that EM is interwoven with gravity. Santilli says that EM and gravity are the same. But, then there is light. Light is EM radiation. If so, then how is it that gravity, which is interwoven with EM, travels faster than EM, that is: supercedes light speed?

A: Gravity does not "travel."

Q: Well, when you say that gravity 'supercedes' light speed, what exactly do you mean?

A: Gravity is equally located in all realms at once, in space/time.

Q: Now, the possible answer is that gravity travels as a phase, while light travels as a 'bunch' of waves. Is this the correct understanding?

A: The gravity wave is merely a "ripple" in the omnipresent fabric; the base energy facilitator.

Q: What is a fabric base facilitator?

A: Gravity is the fabric, and energy facilitator as well.

Q: If gravity is the fabric, base and facilitator, what is being facilitated?

A: You read it wrong. It is base, as in "basic" energy facilitator.

Q: How does gravity facilitate... (A) What does it facilitate?

A: We have told you before that gravity is the foundational force of absolutely everything!!! This means at all density levels, all dimensions... It is the "stuff" of all existence. Without it, nothing would exist. Your thoughts are based in gravity, too!!

Q: Okay, you said that light is the energy expression of gravity. How does light manifest at 7th density?

A: Light is seventh density.

Q: Well, so light is 7th density. And you said that light is the energy expression of gravity. And you said that gravity is God. So, does this also mean that light is gravity?

A: No.

Q: Okay, what is the distinction between gravity and light?

A: What is the distinction between concrete and cement?

Q: Well, I am not entirely sure. I think cement is a concentrated stuff and that concrete has sand and rocks and so forth mixed with it to make it work better. And it has water mixed with it. How does light manifest on 6th density? Can you give me a relationship?

A: Vague.

Q: Well, I know it's vague! You say that light is 7th density. You say that gravity is God, and God and 7th density are the same, and...

A: No. 7th density is "union with the One."

Q: What is the distinction between union with the One and God?

A: Only at 7th density is God unified.

Q: When God 'disunifies,' or 'destabilizes,' or 'disperses,' where, and I know 'where' is not the right term, what density is then manifested?

A: Wrong concept totally.

Q: What is the RIGHT concept?

A: Well, first of all, God does not destabilize or disperse, for that matter. Purge the linear inner concept.

Q: Okay, I am purging. All just simply is. At 7th density there is union with the One. At 6th density there is... what? An equal balance of dark and light, or being and non-being, is that correct?

A: Pure consciousness no need to physicalise.

Q: And, I think that there are the 3 ethereal densities, and the 3 material densities, and the middle density, the variable physical/ethereal density...

A: Close.

Q: And these densities are only distinguishable by virtue of the nearness to union with the One, is that correct?

A: Nearness?

Q: Well, you know I don't mean it in a that sense... Help me out here!

A: No, you are doing just fine.

Q: Now, I am seeing it sort of like the perpendicular reality image. The circle in the center, and the outraying perpendicular realities which go out and out and out, and eventually come back to the center, because the gravity in the center brings them back. Something happens in a concentric circle sort of way, or in the idea of the shells of an atom sort of way, that distinguishes shells, or states of being, in relation to this center and these perpendicular realities. What is the level of shells, the realm levels, what is the relationship between the perpendicular reality and its moving outward that distinguishes it at certain relational points from the center itself? I understand that it is consciousness, but we are also dealing with non-being. Being and non-being. What is the relationship of these perpendicular realities to the seven realms of existence?

A: Not essentially correct. Perpendicular reality is knowledge/awareness/being matrix. Realms are merely experiential divisions based upon consciousness energy directors.

Q: What are consciousness energy directors?

A: Compare yourself to your backyard denizen. How do each of you view calculus?

Q: Well, I don't know exactly what calculus is, but I know it is important. I never thought I was able to learn such things, so I didn't try. But, I think it is important, and someday I will know something about it. I am sure that the dog would not only think it is not useful, he would not even be aware of it. How does that relate to consciousness energy directors?

A: All in nature seeks balance. One day, so to speak, "Percy" will indeed have an opinion of calculus.

Q: Okay, so consciousness energy directors are like a horizontal reality in relation to the perpendicular ones?

A: Slots, my dear, slots.

Q: Are these slots comparable to the appearing and disappearing of electrons in the shells of an atom?

A: Not the point. You are still trying to use 3rd density awareness to measure the reality parameters of all other density levels... Talk about your square peg and your round hole! Tell Arkadiusz to trust in gravity waves to be merely his pathway to higher understanding, not the means to an end.

Q: Now you have mentioned these 'slots.' What are these slots, and how does one move from one slot to another?

A: Picture this: you have 7 sizes of marbles. You have 7 widths of slots. Where do the marbles "fit in."

Q: Do the marbles represent units of consciousness?

A: Close. Or, divisions of consciousness level energy resonance profiles.

Q: Do these divisions of consciousness grow and change?

A: Yes.

Q: And they grow and change through acquiring knowledge, is that correct?

A: Basically.

Q: And acquiring knowledge is akin to acquiring energy? Or light? Light energy?

A: Not exactly. That would be like saying that "filling up" at the gas station is akin to acquiring speed.

Q: So, knowledge and light are like the gas for the car, but speed comes from utilization?

A: Yes.

Q: And utilization means...

A: Knowledge application which generates energy, which, in turn, generates light.

Q: So, when one of these marbles is in a slot, does it fill up with gas which then enables it to move to another slot?

A: What!?!

Q: Well, I'm using your analogy!

A: No, you are mixing analogies!

Q: Let me back up then, and regroup. We have marbles in slots...

A: What causes the marbles to go into the slots? Gas?!??

Q: Okay. Where do they get the gas from?

A: That was an entirely different analogy, used only as a retort to an erroneous assumption, nothing more!

Q: Let me back up again. Marbles in slots. What are the slots?

A: An analogy to depict realms for you.

Q: Do the marbles move from one slot to another?

A: When, and only when, they have acquired the proper fit.

Q: Oh. How do they acquire the proper fit?

A: How do you?

Q: I guess you grow?

A: Okay.

Laura said:
But here's the problem: now that we have come this far, it's way too easy to sit back and say: "well, is that all there is? Ho hum." You don't even realize how stupendous it actually is.

I have been feeling this way recently. It is hard to remember and see clearly how far one has come, compared to the past. There are so many blinders.

Scottie said:

In the Samenow sense, I think we do have to get out of the "we are nothing" mode and I'm sort of OK with how I've got out of that previously. What I'm much less OK with in the Samenow sense is that "we are nothing" gets replaced with let's have lots of excitement and self-esteem building. Nothing wrong with excitement and self-esteem as long as you can get it in responsible ways (like this forum!) or even in sort of seemingly fake ways like when Peterson suggests listening to music as a way of adding meaning to your life.

At first it might seem like something like V for Vendetta and its soundtrack are revving you into action in a fake way, but it's really not. It's not like I'm literally wanting to overthrow anybody much less a fictional group of characters from a movie, but I do think about facing the realities of this planet in a non-blinking inspired way. As Laura just mentioned, we in this forum DO know the mysteries of life and what goes on behind the scenes much much better than whoever we run into outside this forum. That's actually quite a self-esteem boost when outside this forum.

Just kind of wish self-esteem and excitement wasn't so important. There are as Laura said unfortunately selfish as well as creative ways to get excitement and self-esteem and use up that sexual energy. I could spend 99.9999 percent of my time doing it in a creative way but that .0001 percent selfish can still be bad enough to bother me a lot (like why did the universe attract such a severely flawed guy like myself here of all places; now I'm forced to act better than I am which seems fake and then I fail anyways). I do really really like the creative way better though. It really is much more exciting and builds self-esteem much better.

Back
Top Bottom