Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Konstantin said:
Maybe it needs time for the entire endocrine system so calm down.

I agree, you might be going through a lot of changes :flowers:. I would keep an eye on the tests, but would wait some 6 months or so before repeating them. Unless there is a specific reason to repeat them before, I would wait because otherwise it could be something similar to "a watched pot never boils" ;)

lainey said:
Perlou, has it not been advised more than once to only take 1 teaspoon of glycine?

There is more info on glycine doses here:

Health Benefits of Glycine
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,39731.0.html

Some folk are doing 1 teaspoon three times per day. Reading about glycine's usefulness and applications would give you an idea as to which dose will do.

Perri475 said:
I definitely intend on starting a lower dose. I'm going to continue taking a break from it until some time in march. Thank you for the advice. I need to work on not nose diving into things..

Sounds good!

Taking iodine can trigger significant detox symptoms once iodine displaces bromide and other toxins out of its receptors. Remember that one drop at a time of a low percentage iodine on alternative days is an option ;)

Carl said:
Currently running:
Morning: Chlorella powder, cilantro tincture, 12.5mg iodine, small dose nystatin.
Evening: Magnesium, potassium, humic acid/minerals, probiotics.

Have you tried taking the iodine on alternative days to see if it ameliorates the symptoms?

Laura said:
What this tells us is something VERY important, I think: everybody is really different in the way their bodies are constructed and how they react to different things, how they hold nutrients or toxins, how they are able to detox, and where help is needed. Just freaking amazing to see this in "black and white", (though it was color coded).

Certainly food for thought! One would expect some homogeneity among members of the same family, but I guess not!

Laura said:
Just a bit of an update.

All of us here did the DMSA metals test and the results were somewhat astonishing. Since we all live together, eat pretty much the same diet, experience the same environment, and a number of us are members of one family, you would expect some similarity in results, right? That's not what we got. The results were all over the place!!! Not only in a number of the good minerals/metals being low (or high), but also in the heavy toxic metals. Even with my children, who were brought up in an identical environment, eating the same foods, same exposures to whatever were VERY different from each other!

What this tells us is something VERY important, I think: everybody is really different in the way their bodies are constructed and how they react to different things, how they hold nutrients or toxins, how they are able to detox, and where help is needed. Just freaking amazing to see this in "black and white", (though it was color coded).

Now that we know who is deficient in what beneficial elements, they can concentrate on upping their intake of those specific nutrients. And knowing which of the toxic metals are exhibited tells us which of the chelators is most effective, or if a combination is better.

Another amazing thing was to see the levels of iodine that showed up in these tests. The ones who take the most are not necessarily the ones who exhibit the highest levels, and vice versa. This should give us pause when considering what is right for any one person to be taking.

Another point might be made: taking iodine might trigger unloading of all kinds of things including GOOD minerals/nutrients, OR might make the body systems more active thus requiring higher amounts of those nutrients/minerals/metals. That might be why some of us showed up pretty low on good minerals.

It's just a really mixed bag and there is NO one-size-fits-all protocol. If you can't get the tests done, you must pay close attention to your body. If you have anxiety or palpitations or pains or whatever, you can probably assume that you are low on good minerals or that toxic metals are being detoxed OR BOTH!!!

Also, I've been experimenting with my iodine intake and observing body reactions. I notice that, for me, it is the elemental iodine that triggers the most intense detox symptoms. And that is true for Ark, as well. And it doesn't have to be really high dose, either. The main symptoms for us seem to be arthritic like pains in all kinds of places. Interestingly, it occurs mainly in feet and hands, i.e. extremities.

When we take just KI - potassium iodide - with no added elemental iodine, the detox (assuming that is what it is) calms down. I also load up on mineral supplements being now able to know at least what my body tends to be low on.

This is really interesting. So , the main thing of maintaining our " machines" in good shape is to have enough informations and knowledge and then to learn the " art of listening to our bodies" so we can provide optimal nutrition to each individual depending on their needs. Each individual needs different things in different doses. Everyone must learn how to listen his own body and mind in order to function on optimal level.

So in my case i must do a little experimentation with different minerals and different detox agents and doses in order to fix my health issues.

Learning can be fun.

Konstantin said:
This is really interesting. So , the main thing of maintaining our " machines" in good shape is to have enough informations and knowledge and then to learn the " art of listening to our bodies" so we can provide optimal nutrition to each individual depending on their needs. Each individual needs different things in different doses. Everyone must learn how to listen his own body and mind in order to function on optimal level.

So in my case i must do a little experimentation with different minerals and different detox agents and doses in order to fix my health issues.

Learning can be fun.

Seems to be so!

I tell ya, when I saw those results, I was just flabbergasted. For several days I looked at them again and again and went back in my mind over everything in my kid's past to see if I could find anything different. It just wasn't there. So the only thing that seems to explain it is that, even if they are genetically closest to each other than they are to me, these genetics are still sufficiently different to be the difference that makes the difference! It's just wild to see how different people can be even if they are close kin!

So I think that all of us should keep this in mind.

Hey there, ;)

Today I'm confused with my lungols, it's a 15% 100ml from here (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201318766093), that's what it said, because it also written that the Dose is : 6 drops, so i'm confused wether it means the ~15mg of i² is on 6 drops, that would mean 1 drop is ~2.5mg I². I took 6 drops today after being on 1 drop since saturday so I will see tomorrow how it goes. I planned to do 3 to 4 days a week, also since I have lot of exams in school this week in prevention of the down sides to kick in.

This morning, i did my habitual sprint to catch the train since i always get out in the last second and i was surprise with my strengh and endurance, i'm used to sprint a lot early morning to catch the train so this was a big difference i notice and it made my day early in the morning (not for long unfortunatly the train got retarded :lol:). Also noticed slightly higher body heat and on face and sensation of pointing on my back below my left homoplate, and it itches on my head. Others good symptoms are i'm more chill out and laid back.

monotonic said:
Maybe if you do well and they see that the changes have been good for you they will be more open-minded. I would suggest not getting into any arguments, because it usually just makes you look bad. If they don't care how much better you are doing with these changes, then they really just don't care and it would be better to avoid an interaction.

Thanks monotonic. I totally agree because now it seems that due to my past lecturing now it have completely the inverse effect now. Each time I'm the one doing the cooking, I'm always reminded to not put butter or too much salt in it. My father is a doctor preaching the conventional science so i had a fews clashes with him but we got tired of it so now it kind of settle down and they let me mind my own business. I kind of accepted that he is the boss in the house so instead i told myself i will prove it to them by being healthy enough to impress even, now i'm just hoping they will last long enough to see :/ ... My mother has frequent hyper tension and each time she asked if i putted butter in the meal... I don't even want to think about what i would say if they discover all my bottles of pills so i'm carefully hiding it, but i though that maybe i would put some in the meal... is it violating their free will if they don't now ?

Gaby said:
I'm glad to read that you're coming together with the health stuff :).

Uveitis is a pretty significant thing and I think that with your current plan, you'll avert an autoimmune condition.

You can take milk thistle, ALA or NAC for liver protection. Choose one, it could be even according to your budget.

Wait until you take L-tyrosine for at least TWO consecutive weeks before deciding if you need another mood support supplement. Make sure you are taking your salted water, your 3 litters of blessed water ;), and vitamin C too. When you have detox symptoms, mood might be all over the place. Let us know about any troubleshooting. Sometimes it just helps to air out how yucky you are feeling.

Remember to not overdo it, slowly but surely does it.

Happy healing journey :flowers:

Thanks you Gaby, I never really looked into those past illness, so i don't really know anything about the condition. I will surely have a look. Guess maybe it's time to search what happened and reflect on this and the spiritual aspect ? I wonder what the universe was trying to tell me, because It was the only major ilness period i recall, quickly followed by ganglion and penicilline allergy. I remember it was really painful, my eyes were really red like photophobic and maybe it's since this time I have really sensitive eyes and easy tears. I was in an hospital for 1 week with doctors trying to pinpoint the cause and doing things like injecting me translucide fluid to see what are in my eyes and they would repeat the process multiple time because they couldn't get a good look since my eyes where tearing constantly, then i would have blurred vision. Fortunatly the illness got away after 2 years and never came back. Maybe this examination was the worst part because it had certainly traumatised me in some way in relation to my eyes. Each time i go see an ophtalmologist, i really dread the moment where they would look inside with the light and avoid talking about the uveitis episode and just get done with the vision evaluation. I noticed it tend to happened with stressful situation or when feeling intimidated by situation or people and after eating carbs charged food like bread.
Since then i have astigmatism and a bit of myopia, with my right eyes having the worst vision.
Also I've been losing my glasses 2 months ago and got used to it, i did notice some improvement in my left eyes or maybe it's because i'm left handed.

:cool2:

Konstantin said:
Since yesterday, pain in the pancreatic area again and strong heart beating.

Just a thought Konstantin, you've been having pain in the area you describe as "pancreatic", but that is also the same area as the adrenal glands. There may be nothing going on with your pancreas, but the iodine may be interfering with the function of your adrenals, causing many of the symptoms you have described.

Joe said:
Konstantin said:
Since yesterday, pain in the pancreatic area again and strong heart beating.

Just a thought Konstantin, you've been having pain in the area you describe as "pancreatic", but that is also the same area as the adrenal glands. There may be nothing going on with your pancreas, but the iodine may be interfering with the function of your adrenals, causing many of the symptoms you have described.

Actually, I don't think it's the adrenals since they sit on top of the kidneys and you would feel that in the back. But the pancreas does share ducts with the liver/gall bladder. The liver is actively involved in detoxing so it might be moving a lot of bromides out and they are affecting the ducts.

However, I think I mentioned somewhere back in the thread a connection between the pancreas and iodine. Just search google in English for "pancreas iodine" and a lot of stuff comes up.

CDR658899.jpg

Laura said:
However, I think I mentioned somewhere back in the thread a connection between the pancreas and iodine. Just search google in English for "pancreas iodine" and a lot of stuff comes up.

I think it is interesting that several organs have the iodine symporter (iodine transportation system) including the pancreas. Diabetics require less insulin medication when they supplement iodine.

Detox of each organ could be taking place along the hormonal re-balancing. Neck pain and pancreatic pain within this context would make sense.

Been meaning to update everyone for awhile so here it goes:

I've been taking about 50mg of Iodine via Lugol's solution since mid-November. At first, I felt great, I was getting a lot heat surges and energy upticks. Then in about the middle of January things started to get wonky. I had bouts of insomnia, mostly waking in the middle of the night unable to return to sleep. Then a few weeks ago I got a head cold, although it was very strange. My left ear closed up at first, which was weird. So I did some reading and realized I hadn't been taking anything to mop up any heavy metals I may have let loose. I added in chlorella, approx 3 grams 2ce a day, and within 24 hours I felt better. Over the course of the following week I improved steadily and got more head-cold esque symptoms, mild stuffiness, head congestion, sore throat.

Once i realized I needed to do some mopping with chelators I stopped taking the iodine. Now that I'm more or less back to baseline I've started taking it again, only this time I'm taking in in the afternoon with my 3g's of Chlorella in the am before breakfast. I've also been taking methylated B complex, Mg, Potassium, Selenium, Vit D3 & C every other day or every third day. I've always been responsive to low-doses of medications/drugs, so I'm hypothesizing the same holds true for vitamins/supplements. Once a week I add in Milk thistle & ALA.

My sleep patterns are weird, sometimes I'll sleep for 6 hours, wake up feel great. Other times I'll sleep for 11-12 hours and be groggy. I've also had some itchy skin issues, mostly on the insides of my legs, which my trainer informed me had to do with liver meridians. Since I've been chelating that's died down a bit, but it still comes and goes which means I need to continue with the detoxing.

Perhaps unrelated, but since it's health I'll throw in I have hemorrhoids. They're mostly like internal blobs of flesh that sit right inside my anus. First noticed it when I was 13 years old, so I'm postulating it's diet-related damage. Recently I had a scare of sorts where I found a hard pea-sized lump within them. It hurt when pressed, and wasn't there before. I did some research, and found it was likely a blood vessel that popped during exercise. I see my trainer every Wednesday for 1.5 hours, and we do various exercises... since the hard lump dealio showed up last Weds night I figured that made sense. Of course I had a day of being like 'oh crap I might have cancer' but that seems unlikely.

Did some more research and postulated that there's some root-chakra issues there. I might make another thread about it, but the short of it is my mom stepped away from the tub when I was an infant and when she came back I was face-down bubbling in the water. I think that may have been enough to cause some sort of issue there, but when I meditate on it I don't get any sort of abreaction or other inklings. I would LOVE to fix whatever problem causes these hemorrhoids, but from the research I've done, they don't seem to ever go away. Anyway - the pea-sized lump is still there, but it doesn't hurt and seems to be fading - which lends to the hypothesis that it was a popped blood vessel. Planning to skip working out this week to give my body time to fix itself.

So that's where I'm at, apologies for the length, any input always appreciated.

Puck said:
Anyway - the pea-sized lump is still there, but it doesn't hurt and seems to be fading - which lends to the hypothesis that it was a popped blood vessel. Planning to skip working out this week to give my body time to fix itself.

If there is too much detox symptoms, then lowering the dose of iodine would be the way to go. It might feel like one step forward, two steps back, but it will give you time to catch up on the detox. You could do a lower dose of iodine on alternative days. That way, you'll feel more functional.

As for hemorrhoids, I wanted to highlight the important of not working out so much, or at least not excessively. All the effort and straining would do no good for the hemorrhoids. Perhaps as you get more detox, you'll find the right balance.

Hope you feel better.

PERLOU said:
MERCI Altair et LaIney pour vos réponses...
Pourquoi je veux prendre de l'Or Colloïdal et de l'Argnt Colloïdal, parce que je pense que cela pourrait améliorer la santé et le système immunitaire de mon corps ainsi que ma spiritualité...
J'aurai aimé savoir comment les incorporé dans ma liste d'ajouts alimentaires...
Si la traduction est correcte, vous préconisez une seule cuillère à café de Glycine pour sucré mon thé au lieu de 2...
Merci pour vos réponses...

THANK Altair and Lainey for your answers ...
Why I want to take the Colloidal Gold and Colloidal Argnt, because I think that could improve health and the immune system of my body and my spirituality ...
I liked how the built-in my list of food additions ...
If the translation is correct, you recommend one teaspoon of Glycine for my sweet tea instead of 2 ...
Thank you for your answers...

I'm not sure whether you need colloidal silver if you take iodine. But if you do remember to take it on empty stomach or just hold it under your tongue for several minutes. Regarding colloidal gold you may want to read this thread: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,28990.msg366108.html#msg366108

Gaby said:
Puck said:
Anyway - the pea-sized lump is still there, but it doesn't hurt and seems to be fading - which lends to the hypothesis that it was a popped blood vessel. Planning to skip working out this week to give my body time to fix itself.

If there is too much detox symptoms, then lowering the dose of iodine would be the way to go. It might feel like one step forward, two steps back, but it will give you time to catch up on the detox. You could do a lower dose of iodine on alternative days. That way, you'll feel more functional.

As for hemorrhoids, I wanted to highlight the important of not working out so much, or at least not excessively. All the effort and straining would do no good for the hemorrhoids. Perhaps as you get more detox, you'll find the right balance.

Hope you feel better.

Thanks Gaby, I did take a break for about 2 weeks. No Lugol's at all and just chlorella to clear stuff up. I also did FIR saunas, Epsom salt baths and one coffee enema. That was before my butt presented with issues however. I'm gonna skip working out this week, and going forward talk with my trainer about ways to prevent low-abdominal strain. For now I'm gonna keep it at 50mgs of Iodine and 3gs of Chlorella a day and see how it goes. If detox symptoms return I'll cut the dose down as advised, I think the problem was the lack of chelators in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom