0 New Year

shellycheval said:
Windmill knight
I think this part is important:

Me too. I think what Windmill knight has to say is worth repeating.
[...]

Too true--as a long time reader of SOTT and Forum member, I have seen so many changes to our world unfold in "baby steps" to the reality that most people accept today.
I remember when the Cs first spoke of debit cards becoming the primary mode of conducting everyday transactions and thinking--WTH? no way. Now, can you even recall what
life was like when we were writing checks all over the place and having to go a bank for cash as there were no ATMs?

Before we can hardly notice it, "normal" life on this planet is passed on--many people are looking for the spectacular, overt, headliner changes when we are already in the most scary future I would never have imagined 20 years ago. It appears to me we have already "crossed over" if you will to a new world and the process continues to unfold right before our eyes.

Thanks, I think Windmill knight and you are making good points. While reading this thread, I also thought along those lines - I mean, isn't it obvious that the C's were right when they said the Nazi experience was only a "test run"? Isn't there already a "leveling of the playing field" thanks to SOTT, and the internet/alternative media in general? I mean, before the internet, the pathocrats had full control/power to brainwash us with education, the media, social norms, food etc., and only the bravest of human souls could withstand it to a degree, and even fewer could connect a few dots. Now, you have both sides available, so to speak, "all" it takes is the will to not look away, and get the emotional reactions/programming out of the way in order to draw the right conclusions. Or, you can stick to your programming and watch TV...

I think it's hard to predict what will come next, but the general direction seems clear: more disasters, more earth changes/comets, more fascist control. I think this will lead to an accelerating "separation" of humanity - those who choose to stay asleep or align themselves consciously with the pathocracy, and those who start realizing that something is deeply wrong with our world. They will have many questions. I cannot know, but my take on the time frame of this transition is that it will be a process of increasing intensity rather than a "big bang". It has to be a process in order for us to experience it, no? If there was a big bang and then everyone's dead/in 4D, how could we experience this transition and learn? How could people choose which side they want to be on? Of course, it is also possible that we already had our chance, and "that was it". But somehow, I don't think we're there just yet. Just a few thoughts...

I recently came across another "hit" for variations on the phrase 0 New Year quite by accident. The film PANIC IN YEAR ZERO! (1962) _http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056331/ was recommended by someone in the prepper community on twitter and I was able to find it and watch it. It was directed by the lead actor Ray Milland and also stars a young Frankie Avalon as his son. Along with his wife and daughter, they are leaving from Los Angeles for a family vacation in the wilderness when nuclear bombs/missiles are dropped on L.A. and several other cities. Throughout the course of the film they have to make decisions about survival and human interaction. These issues are actually addressed fairly pointedly by modern standards and I would say the film holds up as an example of possible behaviors and situations to consider, sort of like a feature length version of the episode of The Twilight Zone where all the neighbors are fighting over who will get space in a bomb shelter. However, for better or worse, this is all presented in the glorious/awful style of 1960s cheese.

Anyway, I thought this presented a close match of the term "year zero" to mean the demarcation between an old era and a new one, as it is explicitly defined as such in the film.

EDIT:
The entire film is available on Youtube:
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSGEiXO5894

Reading through this thread, I had an idea to step away from the catastrophic angle toward a conceptual one, regarding Laura's comment about there being no "Year 0" between 1 BC and 1 AD.

What if you got in a time machine and went back to people sitting there in 1 BC or 1 AD, and you told them they were on the threshold of "Year 1"? They would have no concept of what you were talking about. Further, there would not be any catastrophic, sudden change coming for these shocked denizens that is implied by your statement to them...it is only hundreds of years later that this period would have cultural or scientific significance with any sizable consensus.

So wondering if Year 0 may represent a threshold we are approaching that is defined in the distant future, perhaps a new definition of the passage of time or calendrical system; something will happen that may alter our understanding of conventional measures of time? Something to cause us to redefine what we take "as gospel" now.

For example, what if a critical mass did start to remember past or parallel lives mentioned in Bringers, what would this do to conventional ideas of linear time? When (or where) is year 0? Or another more practical example, is there a possibility that, due to yet-to-be-seen astronomical factors, a "year" will no longer be 365 days?

Also, I originally read "2 go" as two individuals, entities or happenings that would pass (2 occurrences, 2 departing in death or on a trip or mission, 2 important members leave the group?) at the end of the 5 year period, that this is a clue to the beginning of year zero. Though now I wonder if it could be two units (of time?) that could be dropped from some new system or definition.

I could also see :
-5 years! as in the time reference

-2 go! as in two paths STS/STO (go makes reference to motion along space in 3D terms) to cross, to choose.
(5 years (2) choose or 2 choices for the 0 year)?

-0 year! as in New millennium/New reality or 0 time

the C's had mentioned that the illusion of time is lifted , so 0 could also be the year where time stops 0 TIME

all of it aside from the literal sense.

I'm Asian of Chinese descent. The traditional Chinese have their way of calculating all 'ages' starting with zero. For example a child born at 9 months is 9 months old for its life was conceived from the moment the embryo was formed in its mother's womb. Which is why we often hear of the older Chinese saying they were 80 years old when according to the Roman calendar they should be 79, for example. So in that sense if SHTF happens in April 2014 and total change/beginning occurs, the following month/week/day marks 0 new year and only after 12 months would it be the 1st anniversary new year. FWIW.

Interestingly, many comments here demonstrate what can be called prolonging (s.c. "normal life")/normalcy bias. Almost everything on this planet in dire straits, and yet many want to prolong agony...
I think they are right then. If so many people (even here) desire to prolong agony then very good chance it will be indeed prolonged.
Sorry if it was somewhat rude.

Yes, many things happening in the world. There is this constant "switch" between everything is fine and normal and then everything is crazy (weather, people, news) and back to normal again. I find this in my personal life as well.

Interesting that another large asteroid came close by Earth, one year after the Chelyabinsk, Russia asteroid:

I like this quote:
“We continue to discover these potentially hazardous asteroids - sometimes only days before they make their close approaches to Earth,” Cox said in a statement before the show.

He added, “We need to find them before they find us!”

http://www.iol.co.za/scitech/science/space/another-close-encounter-with-asteroid-1.1648718

Also I searched what 520 means (5 more years! 2 go! 0 new year) and I get:

520 means "I Love You (Chinese)"

http://www.internetslang.com/520-meaning-definition.asp

From a programming perspective, you can count from 1 to 13 or from 0 to 12.

Or maybe a "0" year implies that traditional counting would have to be re-calibrated.
Meaning, a "0" year could be the traditional 12 months or it could be shorter or longer. From Year 1 and onwards, counting would then be more uniform.

Assuming cyclical time of the human experience, was there a previous "millenium period of transition" and how would that period have been historically recorded? I know that Laura and the team have been painstakingly going through the historical records for occurences of cataclysm (comet/meteor sightings, plague, etc.) but these occurences would only mark the start or whereabouts of the "millenum transition".
I was wondering about the period after; the "survivors" that have transitioned to 4D and still deciding on an STO or STS path.
But then again, would traces of 4D history even be available or visible to those on 3D?

Or maybe I'm having a case of thinking about 4D when I still have to just stick with learning my 3D lessons...

Ian said:
Also I searched what 520 means (5 more years! 2 go! 0 new year) and I get:

520 means "I Love You (Chinese)"

http://www.internetslang.com/520-meaning-definition.asp

That's interesting given the context. It's also an area code, FWIW, although that's probably irrelevant.

In "Year Zero, time of th great shift" by Kiara Windrider (2011)

I visited Guatemala in November 2008, along with Norbert and Christine Muigg, who many years ago founded the ToOmRa Center in the Guatemalan highlands overlooking Lake Atitlan. Here a small group of us had the privilege of spending a few hours with their teacher, Don Alejandro Cirilo Perez Oxlaj, who is widely respected as head of the Mayan Council of Elders. I asked him what the Maya think about 2012.

"There are so many people out there who have their own interpretation of oir calendar system," said Don Alejandro. "They are free to say what they want, and they may even be right in their own way, but they should not say they are representing the Mayan people."

"We don't speak about 2012," he went on to say. "This is how you interpret our calendar in your Gregorian system. We ourselves only speak about Year Zero. And although we cannot say that it will happen exactly in 2012, we understand the signs that precede this event we know that the time is very close."

In another post I noted that the beginning of the Mayan calendar could be : 11 August 3114 BC.
So something happened then that allowed civilization to evolve.

And we know from SHOTW 2 that 3123 corresponds to an impact in Austria, described by the Sumerians.

Also, I originally read "2 go" as two individuals, entities or happenings that would pass (2 occurrences, 2 departing in death or on a trip or mission, 2 important members leave the group?) at the end of the 5 year period, that this is a clue to the beginning of year zero. Though now I wonder if it could be two units (of time?) that could be dropped from some new system or definition.

-2 go! as in two paths STS/STO (go makes reference to motion along space in 3D terms) to cross, to choose.
(5 years (2) choose or 2 choices for the 0 year)?

Funny thing is that it reminded me on something I read in article on sott. net about viking myth of Ragnarok(never mind those predictions based on subjective interpretations):

http://www.sott.net/article/274167-Viking-Apocalypse-Norse-myth-predicts-world-will-end-this-Saturday

Should Saturday be the day, the world will then be restored and will be inhabited by the surviving gods and just two human survivors - with the Earth sinking into the sea and paving the way for a new utopian land with endless supplies.

More about myth:

When most of the gods had perished in the mutually destruction with the Jotuns, it is predetermined that a new world will rise up from the water, beautiful and green. Before the battle at Ragnarok, two people, Lif “a woman” and Liftraser “a man”, will find sheltering in the sacred tree Yggdrasil. And when the battle is over, they will come out and populate the earth again. - See more at: http://www.viking-mythology.com/ragnarok.php#sthash.Pg7N36kt.dpuf

And one interesting thing mentioned:

The Vikings believe the Ragnarok is preceded by the 'winter of winters', where three freezing winters would follow each other with no summers in between.

Interesting about the Viking and Mayan associations for 2012/2013...this is sort of what I was getting at with my earlier post above, that something may happen that results in the Gregorian calendar biting the dust, maybe in the sense that it is no longer viable or as culturally relevant.

In a way, Laura's work on the chronologies/historical database touches on this issue too, the Western historical 'calendar' is not correct and misleads us to anticipate a future that is as contrived as the past. Year 0 could also symbolize this recognition?

At least the Mayans had the humility to recognize that their calendar had a 'use by' date...the "Mayan Apocalypse" was a crude, scornful Gregorian/western interpretation of their calendar as yet another failed end-of-the-world prediction--as opposed to acknowledging the Mayans' anticipated obsolescence of their calendar (or maybe cultural?) system.

After reading this topic I decided to change course a bit and started searching for day zero. Turns out to be a fruitful move.

There's a movie called Day Zero: _http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0768183/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0768183/synopsis said:
In a hypothesized imminent future three close friends receive simultaneous induction notices during a reintroduced U.S. draft to fight in the Mid-east. This is the story of their anguish and soul searching about whether to avoid or accept their luck of the draw. Initially, New York City cab driver Dixon (Jon Bernthal) is pretty gung-ho when the hapless trio meet at their hang-out bar to discuss what has happened. One-time book author Aaron Feller (Elijah Wood) seems kind of apprehensive about entering the military, but he appears prepared to follow Dixon's lead. On the other hand, George (Chris Klein)--the only one of the three who is married (the other two do not even have steady girlfriends)--tells his buddies he absolutely is NOT joining the service. He has just become a junior partner in his corporate law firm, and he has promised his wife Molly (Ginnifer Goodwin)--a cancer survivor--that he will be around to look after her. During the course of the story, Dixon finds a new social worker\teacher lover Patricia (Elizabeth Moss), and bails each of his two buddies out of fights (as he has done since their school days) while decking host George himself during a going-away party at the culmination of an argument about U.S. military policy. Meanwhile, an increasingly despondent Aaron (feeling totally inadequate) tries to bolster his courage by creating a 10-item to-do list and engaging in ever-more-risky behavior. George gets drunk one night and almost chops off his fingers with a kitchen meat cleaver to avoid the draft, choosing to pick a brawl in a gay bar instead--but by the time his wealthy father says his U.S. senator friend can keep George out of the military, George seems reconciled to leaving wife Molly and his law firm for a while. Unfortunately, after checking off the first nine things on his to-do list (and failing at such things as reconciling with his family, finding peace through sex workers, or even through his shrink of seven years, who fires him as her patient), Aaron takes his newly-shaved and tattooed head to the top of his building--and jumps off. The next morning, Dixon is waiting for his friends at Penn Station to start their journey to induction, and only George shows up. The story ends before they can exchange greetings.

There's a hard-rock post-grunge music band from St. Louis USA called Modern Day Zero (MDZ):

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_Day_Zero
_http://www.lyricsfreak.com/m/modern+day+zero/
_http://www.amazon.com/Modern-Day-Zero/e/B001LHXX1E

There's a hip hop artist, Lewis Berridge from Rotherham Britain (UK), who calls himself DAYZERO: _https://soundcloud.com/dayzeromusic

DAYZERO is a Yorkshire based artist, that recently started experimenting with the production of Hiphop and many other electronic genres. Most songs are created using Ableton Live 8.
We experiment with styles to get the feel with the dirty dubs with chilled undertones. However, creations can vary, so get ready to be taken on a journey through many different subgenres of Electronic!
Feel free to download any tracks and share/remix them, all we ask is to give credit for the work put in and to leave original title names as they are.
All tracks are protected, and belong either to us, or the original artists which we have remixed. All credits should go to DAYZERO, and the original artists.

There's a Dayzero(nation) band in Los Angeles: _http://www.reverbnation.com/dayzeronation

There's a DayZero music lover on myspace sharing clips: _https://myspace.com/dayzero/music/albums

And, finally, I found an announcement of a recent festival, held on January 11, 2014 at Playa del Carmen in Mexico, called Day Zero, Year One: _http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?518026

I didn't expect much to show up anyway so I'm rather pleasantly surprised with what I found so far.

Whether it has any bearing on this topic is doubtful IMO -- so I apologize up front if this would turn out to be only noise.

I think it must bear some significance given the fact that the changes that the planet and its people are undergoing is non linear and has many effects.

However I would like to say that the C's said 5 years since June, now what I wonder is if the fact that we are talking about timeframe that refers to the summer has a different significance. Say we start the year in January in winter, and June is the middle of the year. The sign is Gemini-Cancer.
no
Gemini's symbol is 2 individuals.
Cancer's symbol is 2 clamps (69).

In the session where the subject of the number 33 is brought up, it is discussed that the Gemini house symbolizes the physical man while Aquarius the spiritual man.

Gemini "two human survivors"
Funny thing is that it reminded me on something I read in article on sott. net about viking myth of Ragnarok(never mind those predictions based on subjective interpretations):

http://www.sott.net/article/274167-Viking-Apocalypse-Norse-myth-predicts-world-will-end-this-Saturday

Should Saturday be the day, the world will then be restored and will be inhabited by the surviving gods and just two human survivors - with the Earth sinking into the sea and paving the way for a new utopian land with endless supplies.

There is also a novel with the title Zero day by Mark Russinovich. It is about techno failure and some apocalyptic situations. Here is the introduction of the book that, by the way, I did not read it.

An airlinerΓÇÖs controls abruptly fail mid-flight over the Atlantic. An oil tanker runs aground in Japan when its navigational system suddenly stops dead. Hospitals everywhere have to abandon their computer databases when patients die after being administered incorrect dosages of their medicine. In the Midwest, a nuclear power plant nearly becomes the next Chernobyl when its cooling systems malfunction.
At first, these random computer failures seem like unrelated events. But Jeff Aiken, a former government analyst who quit in disgust after witnessing the gross errors that led up to 9/11, thinks otherwise. Jeff fears a more serious attack targeting the United States computer infrastructure is already under way. And as other menacing computer malfunctions pop up around the world, some with deadly results, he realizes that there isnΓÇÖt much time if he hopes to prevent an international catastrophe.
Written by a global authority on cyber security, Zero Day presents a chilling ΓÇ£what ifΓÇ¥ scenario that, in a world completely reliant on technology, is more than possible today---itΓÇÖs a cataclysmic disaster just waiting to happen.

Reactions: Daf
Back
Top Bottom