11 jokes only smart people will understand

Keit said:
:lol: I had to google Bechdel test. :halo:

So did I! :rolleyes:

curious_richard said:
3D Student said:
Thanks, those were good. :lol: I had to look up the Bechdel test and kleptomania. I looked up number 5, but am still confused about the cow and octopus, is it something related to biology or something crude?
There are a lot of jokes that go, "what do you get when you cross (animal) with (other animal)?" For example:
Q: "What do you get if you cross an elephant and a rhinoceros?"
A: " 'ell eff I no!" (slurred version of "hell if I know")

This joke is the anti-joke version. You were expecting some funny cross breed, but you get a serious reply. The surprise makes the joke.

These were great, thanks for posting! :lol: And thank you for explaining #5, 3D Student, was scratching my head on that one!

Keit said:
I think that was pretty obscure :D

The first one took me a long time to figure out, but it suddenly dawned on me... it's a rhetorical question in itself :P

Thanks for posting Laura - really enjoyed reading them - and yes i had to google the Bechdel test too :)

bm said:
Keit said:
I think that was pretty obscure :D

The first one took me a long time to figure out, but it suddenly dawned on me... it's a rhetorical question in itself :P

That first one took me a minute as well and also had to google Bechdel Test.

Thanks for sharing! :lol:

Lol. I got most of them, thanks for sharing.

These two actually got me to chuckle:

"I tried walking up a hill without a watch but had neither the time nor the inclination.

I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad, I take something for it."

Classic!

I had a laugh with the German twist between dry and drei (3 in German, for those who don´t understand German). Others also had me smiling, like the watch and Pavlov´s one. Thanks for this relaxing kitkat time.

I found some other jokes for intelligent folk here, with explanations too which I found quite useful! :D

http://uk.businessinsider.com/best-jokes-for-smart-people/#a-photon-is-going-through-airport-security-the-tsa-agent-asks-if-he-has-any-luggage-the-photon-says-no-im-traveling-light-1

These are my 10 favorite ones.

1. A photon is going through airport security. The TSA agent asks if he has any luggage. The photon says, "No, I'm traveling light."

2. A logician's wife is having a baby. The doctor immediately hands the newborn to the dad. The wife says, "Is it a boy or a girl?" The logician says, "Yes."

3. Heard about that new band called 1023 MB? They haven't had any gigs yet.

4. Heisenberg was speeding down the highway. A cop pulls him over and says, "Do you have any idea how fast you were going back there?" Heisenberg says, "No, but I knew where I was."

5. C, Eb, and G walk into a bar. The bartender says, "Sorry, no minors."

6. First Law of Thermodynamics: You can't win. Second Law of Thermodynamics: You can't break even. Third Law of Thermodynamics: You can't stop playing.

7. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

8. A linguistics professor says during a lecture that, "In English, a double negative forms a positive. But in some languages, such as Russian, a double negative is still a negative. However, in no language in the world can a double positive form a negative." But then a voice from the back of the room piped up, "Yeah, right."

9. How many surrealists does it take to screw in a light bulb? A fish.

10. What does a dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac do at night? He stays up wondering if there really is a dog.

I have to admit i got only about 50% of them :P the rest... wikipedia here i come :D

Never heard of that test! Then shocked to see that many famous movies failed the test by googling it... and even more shocking after 5 minutes mumbling on it: still don't get why this test is a test at all!

So, that one wasn't funny to me in any way :(

Back
Top Bottom