5 lol
6 lol
7 i don't get it :huh:
8 i don't get it :huh:
9 i don't get it :huh:
10 lol
11.lol

Hahahahaha

These were great, thanks for sharing. Now I know what the Bachdel test is, and three in German. Took me quite a while to get the first one lol
Anam Cara's top 10 were also pretty funny. 9 and 10 really got me :lol:
Here are two from me:

1. Descartes walks into a bar. The bartender asks if he wants a drink. "I think not", says Descartes, and then he disappears.

2. Why are polar bears afraid of water? Because like dissolves like. (Joke from my college chemistry lab manual)

Anam Cara said:
1. A photon is going through airport security. The TSA agent asks if he has any luggage. The photon says, "No, I'm traveling light."

I don't know why this one is so funny. :lol2:

I knew about the Bechdel test for movies/stories, just did not know the name of it.

Here is a joke I have shared with many people, only to get a blank stare back from almost everyone:

In Heaven, the chefs are French, the engineers are German and the police are English.
In Hell, the chefs are English, the engineers are French and the police are German.

Yupo said:
Here is a joke I have shared with many people, only to get a blank stare back from almost everyone:

In Heaven, the chefs are French, the engineers are German and the police are English.
In Hell, the chefs are English, the engineers are French and the police are German.

I think it's because the associations are a bit vague, when you read the Hell part.

Had to look the test up too!

Adding a few more:
Werner Heisenberg, Kurt Godel, and Noam Chomsky walk into a bar. Heisenberg turns to the other two and says, “Clearly this is a joke, but how can we figure out if it’s funny or not?” Godel replies, “We can’t know that because we’re inside the joke.” Chomsky says, “Of course it’s funny. You’re just telling it wrong.”

Helium walks into a bar and orders a beer, the bartender says, “Sorry, we don’t serve noble gases here.” He doesn’t react.

A Buddhist monk approaches a hotdog stand and says “make me one with everything”.

A Higgs Boson walks into a church and the priest says “we don’t allow Higgs Bosons in here”. The Higgs Boson then replies “but without me, how could you have mass?”

The programmer’s wife tells him: “Run to the store and pick up a loaf of bread. If they have eggs, get a dozen.”
The programmer comes home with 12 loaves of bread.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those that understand binary and those that don’t.

Why do engineers confuse Halloween and Christmas?
Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

Entropy isn’t what it used to be.

... and then there's the story about the masochist who loved getting up in the middle of the night and take an ice-cold shower. So he didn't.

Felipe4 said:
Anam Cara said:
1. A photon is going through airport security. The TSA agent asks if he has any luggage. The photon says, "No, I'm traveling light."

I don't know why this one is so funny. :lol2:

I guess it depends on how illuminated you are... :D

RedFox said:
Adding a few more:

A Buddhist monk approaches a hotdog stand and says “make me one with everything”.
[my favorite!]

Because Oct 31 = Dec 25
[How do these equal?]

thanks for the laughs. from the comments i read, it appears I was in line with most others and needed to look up the Bechdel test...

JGeropoulas said:
Because Oct 31 = Dec 25
[How do these equal?]
October 31 is Halloween, December 25 is Christmas (two dates).
Octal (base 8) 31 == 3*8+1 == 25 in Decimal (base 10).
The surprise ("pun") is that Dec and Oct can be months or counting systems.

Back
Top Bottom