2020 US Election - Let The Games Begin!

"The liberal platform really is about taking away fundamental rights."
Premiered 22 hours ago / 9:15

Videos / Two
WASHINGTON — Defense Secretary Mark Esper has prepared a letter of resignation, according to three current defense officials.

It's not uncommon for Cabinet secretaries to prepare undated letters of resignation during a presidential transition, giving the commander in chief the chance to replace them for a second term. The president decides whether to accept the resignation letters, and the process usually occurs after the election results are clear.

But defense officials say Esper prepared his letter because he is one of the Cabinet officials long expected to be pushed out after the election.

As his tenure may be coming to an end, Esper is helping members of Congress draft legislation that will strip names of Confederate leaders from military bases in a move that could put him further at odds with President Donald Trump.

While Esper considered issuing a directive that would order the secretaries of the Army, Navy and Air Force to change the names in their respective services — an order that could be overturned by Trump, who has strongly opposed renaming bases — he now plans to work with Congress to put language in the annual National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) so the name changes will be written into law.

This week Esper provided a written framework to Pentagon leaders for renaming installations, and possibly even ships and street names on bases, that honor Confederate generals or leaders, the officials said. For example, the framework suggests that the NDAA could say that military installations cannot be named after someone who has betrayed the U.S. or committed a felony, and instead must be named after people who have met certain criteria, like having earned a Medal of Honor or Silver Star, or achieving the rank of general.

“The speculation about potential resignations of Cabinet officials is a well-worn, D.C.-insider, post-election parlor game,” said Jonathan Hoffman, the assistant to the secretary of defense for public affairs, in a statement. "[Secretary Esper] continues to serve the nation as the secretary of defense at the pleasure of the president and is at the Pentagon today working on the irreversible implementation of the National Defense Strategy.”

“As is normal and expected, the department works with Congress to provide the administration’s concerns and views regarding proposed defense-related legislation — particularly when House and Senate versions of defense bills are being reconciled and finalized. This does not indicate support for previously proposed legislative language. Out of respect for the members of Congress who have sought technical assistance in good faith, we generally do not discuss these efforts.”

The NDAA, which outlines the military's budget and policies, is expected to be passed during the lame duck session of Congress in coming weeks, and Trump would have to sign it for it to become law.

As NBC News has previously reported, Esper has long been at odds with Trump. The two disagreed on the use of active-duty U.S. military to quell protests this summer.
Two current defense officials said Esper believes that if he announces the renaming it could lead Trump to fire him. But Esper is not pushing the renaming because he wants to get fired, according to two other defense officials, who insist he believes this issue is important.

Esper is also thinking about his legacy, said the two officials. He earned the nickname "Yesper" from lawmakers and White House officials for, in their view, his willingness to implement Trump's agenda without pushing back. "He cares about his legacy and prefers to be remembered as someone who was fired because he stood up to the president, rather than being remembered as 'Yesper,'" one defense official said.

Trump has denounced the idea of stripping Confederate names from bases several times. In June, he tweeted, "The United States of America trained and deployed our HEROES on these Hallowed Grounds, and won two World Wars. Therefore, my Administration will not even consider the renaming of these Magnificent and Fabled Military Installations."
"Our history as the Greatest Nation in the World will not be tampered with. Respect our Military!" Trump continued, calling the bases "part of a Great American Heritage."

A White House official said, "We don't comment on personnel matters or speculate on potential changes within the administration."

The current NDAA already includes language from both the House and Senate that may force Confederate names to be stripped. But the NDAA has not yet been finalized in formal conference between the two chambers, so how and when the names could change is still uncertain. But if the criteria Esper and Pentagon leaders are preparing are included in the NDAA, that would ensure current names are changed and Confederate leaders would not be memorialized in the future.

Ten Army bases are named for Confederate military leaders, including Fort Hood, Fort Bragg, Fort Benning, Fort Gordon, Fort Lee, Fort A.P. Hill, Fort Polk, Fort Rucker, the Virginia National Guard post Fort Pickett and the Louisiana National Guard's Camp Beauregard.

In July, Esper issued specific guidance on what flags may be displayed in military installations, omitting the Confederate flag from the list of flags permitted without explicitly banning it.

Last edited:
Agree with BHelmet. That screenshot's looking pretty fake. :)

It's fun to wade through the Trump supporter tweets (and hey, it's keeping us sane), but I'm seeing the occasional rumor catch wind and spread without anything to back it up. They're hopeful, feeling entirely on their own, and looking for anything to keep them going. And right now, I think we're feeling that too!

I think this guy on Tucker from Revolver News is describing accurately what's happening. He basically says this is straight from Norm Eisen's playbook on color revolutions. This Eisen guy appears to be a serious crook. The idea, as has been suggested here previously, is to purposefully cast a doubt on the election process and portrait the favored leader as a crook (because he's stealing the elections). And voilà, you have people jumping each others throats. This would mean that, indeed, they might 'let' Trump win just to cause more chaos.

That clip might disappear soon, so here's a longer article describing the same thing (I haven't yet read it):

With Russiagate and the Impeachment fiascos Trump was on the defensive, and since it was all a sham he ended up winning since there were no facts to support the claims. This time he has to be on the offensive, making lawsuits and gathering evidence, and once the irregularities come up he has a good chance of winning again.

There were no riots or protests because of Russiagate, or the Impeachment. But nonetheless there will be this time. And that's what this guy is saying, the whole process probably doesn't have the sole purpose of stealing the election, that would be nice for the Democrats though, but is an scalation on casting a sense of illegitimacy over Trumps presidency, and the Color Revolution playbook relies more on the protests/riots for regime change than anything else. So *very*chaotic times lay ahead.

I'm very impressed the way the democrats, PTB, are openly and defiantly showing us that they are in charge and that our votes do not matter! They are telling us that we can go and pretend to chose our government but they will correct our mistakes so everything will turn out just the way it should be. We are not to worry since they know what we really want and that is to be taken care of like toddlers and slaves. Why would we want to struggle with the hard life of self reliance and personal responsibility when we can have everything we need to live without ownership of personal property? Such ownership requires personal sacrifices and delayed gratifications which is unnecessary struggle when all that we have to do is just obey and trust in them! Besides if we do not obey then climate change will kill us then we will be very very sorry for not behaving like the good comrade. We slaves should know by now that we are not capable of taking care of ourselves so the sooner we accept this the less pain will be inflicted upon us!

I'm very impressed by their wishful thinking!!! Those are some big cahonas!!!🥜

I went to bed early last night, not able to deal with the tension in the air!!! This morning I woke with no winner declared and had to shut off all network communication to remain unaffected by the hope I heard on TV, peppered by despair, that was being talked about as Trump was not the clear winner.

So.....I shut the TV off. Turned off the computer for a few hours. Went to do some Thanksgiving crafts with some 4 year olds (which was an emotional two hours of happinesss for me), and now back to checking on other's views about the coming days. Needness to say, I am much happier when doing some creative crafts with kids. My comments here probably don't apply to this thread, BUT.....I need to vent about what brings me joy these days.
I too went to bed early after looking at anomalies in the fox news election result dashboard and others. It was clear that they are going to rig for some time, but I was hopeful that Trump will handle it the way he handled the Russiagate and impeachment etc. But the level to which they rigged it in Wisconscin and Michigan are unbelievable as if there is no tomorrow. In a way, this is not surprising having watched the Dubaya-Gore saga. In fact, I was disappointed( even mild depression) watching the rigging in Wisconsin and Michigan. Probably hope is addictive, though we know things are at no point of return. Luckily, we have a TON of Romance novels to read. :lol:

For me, all this looks like a familiarly Sad story of "Democracy". The first time I showed interest in American politics when Kenneth Star was investigating Bill Clinton as if he is raping him publicly. I thought "Democracy should be like this", given that I came from the world's largest democracy where rigging( ballot boxes replacement, violence, result turnover at gunpoint and so on) is routine and at least one-third of parliamentary members have cases of rape and murder. During the Bush-Gore election, I prayed to every possible God that existed/ever will exist for Gore's victory because I was reading horrible NWO stories through illuminati/secret socities/horrors of MIC, etc. Well, I watched with disbelief the Florida counting saga and dismayed at how passively the public accepted the BS. For me final death of confidence in American democracy when I read C's saying "Gore is pushing buttons on Capital hill" after 911.

Nothing that builds my confidence in American Democracy happened since then. Even during the 2016 election, I thought they will rig it to Hillary and slept without watching. Even when Trump won, I wondered how does he going to do anything, when the entire establishment /bureaucracy/Military agencies is against him? Well, he managed it for 4 years(irritated lot of people in the process) and put the lot of dents to the unstoppable deep state replaced many men of alphabet agencies, nationalized federal reserve and is clear. It was clear that if he wins again he will go full force and will do what he couldn't dare to do before( like Modi did in India during 6 months of second term). Well, everything is doubtful now.

I get irritated when people writing articles saying "everything is over", "this is bad on USA" and "move on" as if they want to authorize the rigging. US had been like this for many decades. Probably most of the world democracies are like that. What alternative we had to democracy when the alternative dictatorships are much worse and create generations of torture. At least in democracies, people can hope to change whenever elections come( 4-6 years), even though hope never seems to materialize on this planet.

If it looks like a rose, and smells like a rose...

The rose icon, that is, which the communists on Twitter use to identify membership in their cult.

As they say, "The Fix is In!"

It looks, however, as though the PTB pushed their luck waaaay too far this time. Mathematically, it's going to be pretty hard to spin how you can have more people voting than you have voters. The population simply won't be able to ignore this, I think! (Not without a lot of help from Big Tech, anyway. I'm sure they'll try.)

I can see how Martial Law can come into play now.

In this evening's press conference Trump lays out many of the problems that has, and is, occurring during the counts. He seems calm and clear about most of it but he's clearly and understandably exhausted too. Good on him for not taking any questions from the incredibly biased press afterwards, and good on him for continuing to fight. Though, sad to say, even if he comes to win in court, and is able to call some of the battleground/swing states for himself, the damage will have already been done; the narrative being set up to make it look like he's being the cheater, aggressor, tyrant etc. - by the mere fact of him questioning some pretty obviously fraudulent manipulations.

His speech starts at about 8:04:

In this evening's press conference Trump lays out many of the problems that has, and is, occurring during the counts. He seems calm and clear about most of it but he's clearly and understandably exhausted too. Good on him for not taking any questions from the incredibly biased press afterwards, and good on him for continuing to fight. Though, sad to say, even if he comes to win in court, and is able to call some of the battleground/swing states for himself, the damage will have already been done; the narrative being set up to make it look like he's being the cheater, aggressor, tyrant etc. - by the mere fact of him questioning some pretty obviously fraudulent manipulations.

wow! I was actually watching the nightly news on msm when they interrupted to broadcast this speech by the president. However, it wasn't long before Trump was cut off mid stream and the programming went back to David Muir in the newsroom. I could tell that they were ordered to cut out of it as Muir seemed a little flustered. Muir began to explain that they cut out because what the president was saying was not true and there has been no evidence of fraud etc. I was shocked!! This was laser like censorship and takeover of the right to listen and form one's own opinion of what is being said by the President of the nation.

I immediately went to NBC and the same thing happened within minutes. The third major network followed suit so I changed to Fox TV and was able to watch the full speech.

I cannot even fully explain the feelings I have with this experience. It was all of what we have addressed here on the forum and Sott, but to actually witness it unfold in real time was horrifying. Clearly there is an agenda to control all of what we see and hear and think by the msm media..only now it is so blatant.

The question was asked as to why the fraud was so obvious to everybody to see. On the one hand, data are irrelevent as the covid scam has shown, but the US establishment has the means to fix the elections subtly and without anyone noticing if they wanted to. They don't and it is as if the goal is to be noticed.
If they need a colour revolution, they will need a Trump victory after contesting the results + chaos.
If they need a shift towards technocracy, they need to reduce or destroy faith in the electoral process + chaos + poverty (thanks Covid lockdowns) to create dependency + a contested presidency that vanishes into irrelevency.
It's almost conforting that things are not more bizarre, at least on the surface.

Slightly off topic... Has anybody noticed anything of yours gone missing the last day or so? Two items that I always put back in the same place (yes, I have searched extensively for them) have gone *poof* and just disappeared. Was wondering with the election and all, if they may have messed with the timeline again. :shock:

I hope they show up eventually...

The truth will do more damage to the narrative than narrative lies will do to normal people.

The truth will do more damage to the narrative than narrative lies will do to normal people.

I was discussing these sort of developments tonight with some friends in regards to Russiagate in particular, and I think that for the most part, two things occur. The first is that there is a large number of people who see the light about the Big Lies and react/respond accordingly. This was suggested for instance with the rather large number of people who stopped watching the Queen of Russiagate Rachel Maddow when the Mueller Report came to naught. Many people who normally tuned into her turned her off. But then there are a number of people that still insist that some version of the Big Lie of Russiagate (or Trump is evil) is true - and they continue their mental contortions to the point of literal brain damage. Its the narrative of the Big Lie that still gets pumped up and just seems to cause further damage to those so far gone already. And that, in part, is what's tearing apart whatever fabric of cohesion remains left to Americans and to the country as a whole.

So I know someone who thinks Trump is doing a decent job but voted for Biden. She said I can't get the images of children in cages out my head so I can't vote for him.

If I remember correctly, the image (or policy) she was referring to was during the Obama administration in regards to illegal immigration. When I mentioned this, her answer:

But still, I'm a mother. Also my dad votes democrat.

Comets don't sound like such a bad idea to me now.

Back
Top Bottom