About Fluoride

Ringo said:
Without getting heavy or serious, have you ever warned someone they're eating/drinking something containing harmful toxins that are banned in certain countries (explaining what they are and the damage they cause)...then get a reply of concern that lasts for less than 30 seconds, before taking another swig or mouthful? I'd love to see that 30 second thought process on paper, just to see how exactly it always seems to equal total denial that it affects them.
For me all I have to do to try and see the "30 second thought process" is to remember things from my past and my own denial, whether people were trying to tell me something or I was just ignoring the inconvenient data or facts or let self-importance get in the way or, ....

Searching these out and writing them down is a good idea - thanks for the reminder. :)

Marie said:
Some stuff I found on the net...

(Fluoride) is a misnomer - there is no such substance listed in the periodic chart of the elements, nor in the prestigious CRC handbook, nor in the sacred 'bible' of the pharmaceutical industry - the illustrious 'Merck Index'.
There is nothing misnomeric about the word "fluoride". Whoever said that clearly didn't pay attention in their high school chemistry class. Anything that ends in -ide is an ion, which is an atom or molecule that has extra electrons orbiting around its nucleus (or nuclei in the case of a molecule), such that its overall charge is negative. Fluorine is an element that consists of 9 protons and 9 electrons (as well as 9 neutrons). The chemical way of writing fluoride is F- where the minus sign indicates its negative charge brought about by having 10 electrons instead of 9. Fluoride is the ionic form of fluorine, and is a word commonly used in everyday useage to refer to the sodium fluoride and calcium fluoride added to water and toothpaste.

Instead, we find a GAS called Fluorine - and from the use of this gas in various industries such as aluminum manufacturing and the nuclear industry -certain toxic byproducts are created which have 'captured' fluorine molecules.
Calcium fluoride also occurs naturally in the mineral fluospar.

While I abhor fluoride and the way the various powers around the world have conned everyone into ingesting this highly poisonous, toxic substance, I also think it is important that we are obtain quality information, and not just some stuff "we found on the net". Any website which can't even get the fundamentals of chemistry right doesn't rate very highly on my list of useful information.

That's interesting stuff; I will read up on it as soon as I have the time and energy to.

I posted this quite a while ago and yes, I was surely overhasty in linking to this site, but at the time I knew nothing at all about chemistry; now I'm taking a course that includes some biochemistry; I'm kinda thinking today I would be more careful and check out the facts first (well, hoping anyway).

Not sure whether it's relevant or not, but the original source was more of the political / social advocacy type than scientific, I would suppose they just found the text somewhere and copied it without researching either.

Vulcan59 said:
Hi everyone,

I use Vicco (http://www.viccolabs.com/paste.php) toothpaste and I have found it to be an excellent product. It was diffcult to find but I did eventually found it in a big department store back in Singapore where I used to live. I was just out looking for a toothpaste that did not contain flouride and I was certainly not looking for an ayurvedic product.

Have been using it for almost a year and half and I have found it to be very good. On my last visit to the dentist, he was quite surprised that my teeth didn't need much cleaning and he commented that I didn't have anymore cigarettes stains ( and I am a smoker and still am)!!! He also commented that my gums and teeth in generally looked very healthy. I guess thats a good enough endorsement for me.
Do you have any idea if this toothpaste is available anywhere in europe?

Judging from their site it seems they dont sell small quantities over internet and I dont feel like starting the import of this product ;)

After reading about fluoride I stopped using regular toothpaste last year.

Like Vulkan I am a Vicco user too.

I dont know where you are based Deckard, but I think their products are available in some European countries such as UK, Germany, Holland & Italy, according to their website.

Sleepingboy

Deckard said:
Do you have any idea if this toothpaste is available anywhere in europe?

Judging from their site it seems they dont sell small quantities over internet and I dont feel like starting the import of this product ;)
You could try Paradontax (blue). At least it is available in Netherlands. I never have gum problems anymore since I started using it years ago.

I use Dentoblan.

Also don't forget, that many table salts are enriched with sodium or potassium fluoride.

Biggest financial pusher is Kellogs.

7) Are there any warning labels on fluoridated salt packages?

Generally not. In Europe it usually only says “fluoridated salt

The old standby before commercial toothpaste makers:

Baking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate)!

I searched on google for 'homemade' toothpaste and found
at least one example. There are others out there I'm sure:

1) _http://chemistry.about.com/cs/howtos/ht/toothpaste.htm

=====================================
How To Make Natural Toothpaste
From Anne Marie Helmenstine, Ph.D.,
Your Guide to Chemistry.
FREE Newsletter. Sign Up Now!
It's easy to make your own natural toothpaste! These instructions are especially useful if you are trying to minimize exposure to fluoride, such as for children or people who already have fluorosis. It's sugar-free and non-toxic.
Difficulty: Easy
Time Required: Minutes
Here's How:
Mix three parts baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) with one part table salt (sodium chloride).
Add three teaspoons of glycerine for every 1/4 cup of dry mixture.
Add enough water to make a thick paste. If desired, a few drops of peppermint oil may be added to improve the taste.
Apply and use just as you would any other toothpaste. Store unused toothpaste at room temperature in a covered container.
Tips:
Consider Ben Franklin's toothpaste, which was a mixture of honey and ground charcoal. Sweet, tasty, kinda gritty... probably didn't keep the cavities away though.
Don't like the flavor? You can use a different mint oil, oil of cinnamon, or oil of cloves (small quantity) instead of or in combination with peppermint oil.
Glycerine (sometimes spelled glycerin) is available at many pharmacies or in craft stores that sell soap-making supplies.
What You Need:
sodium bicarbonate
salt <<< use non-fluoridated salt or none at all!
water
glycerine
peppermint oil (optional)
More How To's from your Guide To
==============================================

I'm with the folks "outside the box" who are questioning why we use toothpaste at all. I eat a typically sugary American diet and have barely used any toothpaste in about twenty years -- just a bit of non-fluoridated mouthwash and lots of brushing. I also swish colloidal silver. I have experienced no unusual tooth decay or other problems. When I mentioned not using toothpaste a long time ago, people would be horrified and warn me of mouth diseases. Don't know where they got that -- programming, I guess.

I always wondered if toothpaste was another product like shaving cream, which seems to be an industry-invented need that has marginal usefulness but that everyone simply takes for granted. Both have cosmetic appeal, which boosts usage.

Some quotes I was able to find quickly from various people the web:

"I gave up toothpaste when my dentist admitted that people don't need toothpaste, they just use it for flavor. So we are now using plain old baking soda. Much cheaper."

"We don't need toothpaste. According to a dentist I one had, toothpaste is useless. Cleaning your teeth with baking soda is much more productive."

"You know, you really don't NEED toothpaste. A clean toothbrush works just fine, and maybe even a little better."

dant said:
Mix three parts baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) with one part table salt (sodium chloride).
Forgive my ignorance, but anyone know how much a "part" is?

I believe it is a ratio: 3:1. For example, 3 tablespoons baking soda to one tablespoon
of salt, or 3 teaspoons of baking soda to one teaspoon of salt. It all depends on how
much you are interested in making. The UNIT measure is your choice, be it a thimble,
teaspoon, tablespoon, ..., 1 cup, ..., 1 gallon, ...

AdPop said:
I always wondered if toothpaste was another product like shaving cream, which seems to be an industry-invented need that has marginal usefulness but that everyone simply takes for granted. Both have cosmetic appeal, which boosts usage.
I don't use shaving cream. I use Marseille soap bar. Works just fine.
Marseille soap is a gentle traditional soap.
The main Savon de Marseille ingredients are olive and vegetable oils, salted water from the Mediterranean Sea and alkaline ash derived from sea plants. :D

I was just reading over this page here: http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/brain/index.html and something caught my attention:

the above page said:
6) The animal studies have also documented considerable evidence of direct toxic effects of fluoride on brain tissue, even at levels as low as 1 ppm fluoride in water (Varner 1998). These effects include:

-- reduction in nicotinic acetylcholine receptors;
-- reduction in lipid content;
-- impaired anti-oxidant defense systems;
-- damage to the hippocampus;
-- damage to the purkinje cells;
-- increased uptake of aluminum;
-- formation of beta-amyloid plaques (the classic brain abnormality in Alzheimer's disease);
-- exacerbation of lesions induced by iodine deficiency; and
-- accumulation of fluoride in the pineal gland.
I instantly remembered Laura's Wave page here: http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/wave13h.htm
Laura said:
Now, nicotine is a most interesting drug. Nicotine mimics one of the body's most significant neurotransmitter, acetylcholine. This is the neurotransmitter most often associated with cognition in the cerebral cortex. Acetylcholine is the primary carrier of thought and memory in the brain. It is essential to have appropriate levels of acetylcholine to have new memories or recall old memories.
And I just had a weird thought - is the massive popularization of fluoride in US designed to cancel out the positive effects of smoking? I mean, we know this is why the anti-smoking campaign exists - not to save lives because they kill us in a billion other ways, smoking being not even in the top million - so it exists to prevent us from enhancing our mental abilities as a result of smoking. If they knew how smoking enhances mental activity, they must've known how fluoride does the exact opposite..

Back
Top Bottom