Alex Jones - COINTELPRO? Fascist Tool?

Niall said:
Here's AJ interviewing Donald Trump recently, effectively endorsing him as the next US president:

Alex Jones & Donald Trump Bombshell Full Interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJqLAleEnKw

Just unbelievable! Can't be any clearer where Jones stands then that...

Pashalis said:
Niall said:
Here's AJ interviewing Donald Trump recently, effectively endorsing him as the next US president:

Trump sounds like the guy who is gonna give Jones the american civil war he's been aching for, so it does make sense in some way.

Alana said:
Pashalis said:
Niall said:

Trump sounds like the guy who is gonna give Jones the american civil war he's been aching for, so it does make sense in some way.

Yes and then Jones can finally get closer to becoming what he probably wanted to become from the get go = the next great "Führer"...
Which seems to me, for a long time now, what he is really (and/or is handlers) up to. What a scary person he is and so many people follow him.

Thinking about it a bit more and listening to the interview:

Jones just exposed his real sneaky, bloody and demagogic colours for any sane person on the planet, that was still in doubt about him, to see VERY clearly, side by side with Trump who is a similar dangerous critter...

If "the american civil war" happens we will probably say in hindsight that it was predictable. There is a psychological dynamic at the level of the individual that may have a correlate on a national level: When a bully is stopped from hurting weaker people and prevented from any more hurtful actions and the bully doesn't change his mind and start behaving better, then the bully will turn on himself, becoming self-destructive. This is "the american civil war" probably.

It will probably throw the U.S. back into the old U.S.S.R. mold with gulags and political exiles and dissidents and so forth. Then we'll need a Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn to emerge from his isolation in Cavendish, Vermont, and issue another vatic manifesto entitled “How to Revitalize Russia”, only this time the country name will be "The U.S."

Gawd, when are we going to learn?

I'm not sure if the world would actually be better off with Hillary Clinton rather than Donald Trump as president? What a choice!

As a tactical decision, all Jones would really need to decide to whole-heartedly endorse Trump for President would be to think Trump would be better than Clinton.

Nevertheless, both Trump and Alex Jones seem to be stoking the fires of "Islamophobia". They both seem to share the idea that the "greatness" and "might" that the USA achieved in the 20th C derives from their citizens being hard-working and God-fearing, rather than from cheap oil, a rigged financial system, and systematic exploitative relations with the rest of the world's nations.

Mal7 said:
...They both seem to share the idea that the "greatness" and "might" that the USA achieved in the 20th C derives from their citizens being hard-working and God-fearing, rather than from cheap oil, a rigged financial system, and systematic exploitative relations with the rest of the world's nations.

That being the case, and they actually say things like that, then the opposite is the reality as far as I'm concerned. That is, this appeal to patriotism and faith in God may work on the masses to convince them of something, but the driving force behind the argument is much more diabolical, I think.

I'd agree with the way Tom White says it in a 2005 article on lewrockwellcom. Setting the stage with the idea of 'the boredom of life' (this boredom being escaped by using all the various distractions we know about) and our natural yearning for excitement, Tom goes on to describe a process of building to war and conceptualizes the warmonger's attitude thusly:

Say they to themselves: "I think this is the way it ought to be, and by heaven and hell, this is the way it is going to be, if I have to send every last mother's son and daughter in the nation into withering guerilla fire to make sure it is." Implacable ego; intransigent de facto atheism: "There is no God, and I am his replacement."

Though I don't follow Tom to his conclusion due to my lack of agreement with his idea of 'God', I think he laid out the pathology pretty good in that quote and indicates that...Implacable ego; intransigent de facto atheism [as religion] is what drives the psychos and is the exact opposite of what they appeal to in the masses.

My 2 cents.

Ref:
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2005/05/tom-white/bush-and-boredom-the-burden-of-thehour/
Please note: If the above quote is actually a re-quote from some other source, I couldn't find it.

Mod note: Link reactivated. Lewrockwell.com is far from "known or suspected disinfo"!

Buddy said:
If "the american civil war" happens we will probably say in hindsight that it was predictable. There is a psychological dynamic at the level of the individual that may have a correlate on a national level: When a bully is stopped from hurting weaker people and prevented from any more hurtful actions and the bully doesn't change his mind and start behaving better, then the bully will turn on himself, becoming self-destructive. This is "the american civil war" probably.

It will probably throw the U.S. back into the old U.S.S.R. mold with gulags and political exiles and dissidents and so forth. Then we'll need a Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn to emerge from his isolation in Cavendish, Vermont, and issue another vatic manifesto entitled “How to Revitalize Russia”, only this time the country name will be "The U.S."

Gawd, when are we going to learn?
Speaking of Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, this is today's headlining quote over at whatreallyhappened.com:

"You only have power over people so long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power - he's free again." -- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Kind of a variation of what I've heard numerous times during my life: when you deprive people of everything/they don't have anything left to lose/they & especially their children are starving, THEN the people will FINALLY fight back w/ everything they've got.

I also recall the prediction & I'm sure Sott has run the article in the past, that the US is going to experience the same kind of breakup that the Soviet Union went thru. Both terrifying scenarios.

Though I don't follow Tom to his conclusion due to my lack of agreement with his idea of 'God', I think he laid out the pathology pretty good in that quote and indicates that...Implacable ego; intransigent de facto atheism [as religion] is what drives the psychos and is the exact opposite of what they appeal to in the masses.

The above reminds me of Albert Pike's supposed prediction re three World Wars:
"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time."

I also recently revisted the Gnostic's thoughts re Archons:

In Gnostic psychology, the noetic science of the Mystery Schools, Archons are an alien force that intrudes subliminally upon the human mind and deviates our intelligence away from its proper and sane applications.

They are not what makes us act inhumanely, for we all have the potential to go against our innate humanity, violating the truth in our hearts, but they make us play out inhumane behavior to weird and violent extremes.

Left to our own devices, we would sometimes act inhumanely and then correct it, contain the aberration. Obviously, we do not always do so. In the exaggeration of our insane and inhumane tendencies, and in extreme, uncorrected deviance from our innate intelligence, Gnostics saw the signature of an alien species that piggy-backs on the worst human failings.

Hence, Archons are psycho-spiritual parasites.

The ontological status of the Archons is dual:

they exist as an alien species independent of humankind
they exist as a presence in our minds, rather like a set of programs operating in our mental environment

Working through telepathy and suggestion, the Archons attempt to deviate us from our proper course of evolution. Their most successful technique is to use religious ideology to insinuate their way of thinking and, in effect, substitute their mind-set for ours.

According to the Gnostics, Judeo-Christian salvationism is the primary ploy of the Archons, an alien implant.

In the Gnostic view of human society, the Archons are alien forces that act through authoritarian systems, including belief-systems, in ways that cause human beings to turn against their innate potential and violate the symbiosis of nature.

They are agents of error rather than evil — but human error, when it goes uncorrected and runs beyond the scale of correction, turns into evil and works against the universal plan of life. Gnostics taught that the Archons exploit our tendency to let our mistakes go uncorrected.

Because the Archons need human complicity to gain power over humankind, any one who assists them can be considered a kind of Archon, an accessory.

Jacques Lacarriere suggests that Gnostics detected the humanized face of the Archons in all authoritarian structures and and systems that deny authenticity and self-determination to the individual.

He argues that Gnostics recognized,

"the fundamentally corrupt character of all human enterprises and institutions: time, history, powers, states, religions, races, nations..."

Corruption occurs, not because we make errors, but because the errors we make go uncorrected and extrapolate beyond the scale of correction. Lacarriere says that Gnostics reached this conclusion “out of rational observation of the natural world and human behavior.”

Ultimately, they asserted the,

“contention that all power – whatever kind it may be – is a source of alienation... All institutions, laws, religions, churches and powers are nothing but a sham and a trap, the perpetuation of an age-old deception.”

Don't know if this exactly conforms to what the Cs have said re 4DSTS, but it seems awfully close - and also seems to conform to what we have/are seeing playing out on the global stage. More & more, I feel the need to surreptitiously retreat to a safe corner of the insane asylam to watch in horror as the inmates unleash ever greater hellacious chaos upon everyone & everything! Either that or dissolve into a heap of uncontrollable, manical laughter at how ludicrous it all has become.

Alex Jones openly supports Trump on hating Muslims, how rich! Cause Muslims want to blow up our country!

Trump goes on to 'argue' (among other non-sensical things) that when the US moved out of Iraq "we should have taken the oil", cause hey, now ISIS and Iran and everyone else got it, "except us"! In other words, in Trumpland it's perfectly fine to steal other country's oil. Then he says he is the most militaristic guy of all and he'll strengthen the military "so that no one messes with us!" And he goes on and on, and AJ is worshipping him.

We need a double sick-bag for this, and these two need straight-jackets, straight away.

Here is a piece by Randi Kreger, author of "Stop Walking on Egg Shells" on Donald Trump.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/stop-walking-eggshells/201510/does-donald-trump-have-narcissistic-personality-disorder

Does Donald Trump Have Narcissistic Personality Disorder?
What does it say about us when a man with zero empathy becomes the frontrunner?
Posted Oct 18, 2015

All hail grandiose narcissist (link is external)Donald Trump. Now that the GOP debates are over, I don't think he's made the front page in a couple of weeks. So now I think I can bear to post this blog post I wrote a month ago. Before I just couldn't be one more person talking about Donald Trump.

So we all know Trump is a narcissist of the "malignant" garden variety type. But does he have narcissistic personality disorder? The answer might surprise you.

NARCISSIST VS NARCISSISTIC PERSONALITY DISORDER

First, we have to look at the difference between a narcissist and a person with narcissistic personality disorder. People often get them confused.

Narcissism is often interpreted in popular culture as a person who’s in love with him or herself. We think of narcissists as someone who thinks he or she is overly important, pompous, and overblown. The joke goes: "Let's stop talking about me," says the arrogant blowhard. "Instead, let's talk about myself.

But how well does he match the clinical definition of narcissistic personality disorder?

CRITERIA FOR NARCISSISTIC PERSONALITY DISORDER

If you have narcissistic personality disorder, you may come across as conceited, boastful or pretentious. You often monopolize conversations. You may belittle or look down on people you perceive as inferior. You may feel a sense of entitlement — and when you don't receive special treatment, you may become impatient or angry. You may insist on having "the best" of everything — for instance, the best car, athletic club or medical care. (From the Mayo Clinic)

Many narcissists like to do things to impress others by making themselves look good externally. Narcissists uses people, objects, status, and/or accomplishments to represent the self, substituting for the perceived, inadequate “real” self. These grandstanding “merit badges” are often exaggerated. The underlying message of this type of display is: “I’m better than you!” or “Look at how special I am—I’m worthy of everyone’s love, admiration, and acceptance!”

To reach the level of a personality disorder, the behavior must be deeply ingrained, intense, displayed in a variety of situations, and maladaptive, causing long-term difficulties in personal relationships or in functioning in society.

Here are some NPD traits along with stories I found from various sources. I could find hundreds of stories. I picked just a few.

An exaggerated sense of self-importance and exaggerating achievements

"I will be the greatest jobs president God ever created." (link is external)
“On social media, I’m the one that’s beloved" (link is external) (comparing himself to Fox reporter Megyn Kelly)

One theme that comes up again and again is Trump's acute sensitivity to being seen as a billionaire rather than a billionaire! He has sued over it again and again. Trump is so worried that people won't think he's worth he's rich enough that he nearly doubled his net worth on a form he sent to the Federal Election Commission.

Just a few months ago, a team of five people at Forbes spoke to 80 sources and determined his current wealth at 4.5 billion. Trump's form claimed he was worth was 8.7 billion, and he boasted it would be 10 billion at some unspecified time in the future. An editor from the magazine says Forbes has been battling with Trump over the exact size of his fortune for 33 years.

It's one thing to sue magazines or organizations. But Trump turned his fury on a New York Times author who wrote that at the time Trump "only" had 250 million dollars. Trump sued him for five billion dollars, accusing the author of malice despite the fact that the author had three sources.

(To give you a comparison, JK Rowling had one billion dollars until she gave too much of it away. Trump sued the NYT author for five times that much.)

We can call that one a "yes."

Obsession with image; needs to be the focus of attention

Trump has made appearances as a caricatured version of himself in television series and films (e.g. Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, The Nanny, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Days of Our Lives, Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps (link is external). You can also count his relentless Twittering, obsession with the media and his image.

One way to tell if a public figure is a narcissist is to see if criticisms (even minor ones) nearly always bring on an impulsive angry reaction. This is especially obvious in the Twitter age, when a fast reply is so easy.

If that person freely insults others but reacts with a "why are you trying to hurt me" type of reaction when others criticize them, it's can be a sign of entitlement (as in, "I can speak my mind about you, but if you do it to me it's just a sign you're out to get me"). See if you can name a female politician (link is external)famous for this in the comments section.

A "yes" on that one as well.

Feelings of entitlement

Trump burrowed $640 million to finance the Chicago Trump Tower and hotel. When the market crash occurred and the bank wanted its money back, he sued them for three billion (yes, billion) dollars. He claimed that the "force majeure" clause in the contract (the one that protects borrowers from forces beyond anyone's control like earthquakes) should apply to the real estate market--in other words, saying that he should only have to pay back his loan if he made money. (link is external)

Trump, who was building the "best golf course in the world" on the Menie Estate in Balmedie, Aberdeenshire, was displeased when a homeowner near the golf course refused to sell him his house. So without warning, the tycoon put a fence around the house and billed the owner for half the cost. The owner said: "There is no way I'm going to pay it. As far as I'm concerned it's just another attempt to intimidate and bully me (link is external)."

Oh yeah.

Lack of empathy

You really can't beat this one from Catholic Online Donald Trump is making headlines as he publicly rejected Pope Francis' call for compassion for immigrants and refugees entering the United States. In a recent interview with CNN, Trump claims the U.S. cannot afford to take any more of the immigrants the Pope wants the U.S. to absorb.

"We can't afford" it, Donald Trump affirmed. He continued explaining, "His words are beautiful and I respect the Pope" but the United States "has more practical fish to fry."

No fish for the immigrants who can't afford them. Yes.

Relationships largely superficial and exist for personal gain and to inflate self-esteem

Trump has had three wives and several children, divorcing the second shortly before the prenup would have kicked in and given her more money. Are we ready for a first couple who met on a reality TV show?

Who knows? Perhaps he loves all of them truly, madly, deeply, although his obvious infidelity with wife 1 with wife 2 caused a dustup in the entertainment magazines. I just can't help noticing that as he gets older, his wives get younger. I have no doubt that having a trophy wife is part of the brand.

So does he have narcissistic personality disorder?

Remember this part of the definition of a personality disorder? It's at the beginning of the article. To be diagnosed with a personality disorder, the behavior must be maladaptive, causing long-term difficulties in personal relationships or in functioning in society.

Based on that criteria, I don't think we can diagnose him, although it seems madly counterintuitive not to. However, he lives in a capitalist society that strongly values men (women, not so much) like him. Were he transplanted to a different country (Japan?) or time, I don't know if his behavior would be seen in the same way.

So why are narcissists so popular?

Narcissists have been with us since the dawn of history. So if they are so unlikable, why are they so popular? Why do religious Republicans so easily brush away Trump's inability to name a favorite Bible verse (with nary a comment) when religious devotion is a job requirement?

An article in the Harvard Business Review, excerpted here, has this explanation.

Have you ever wondered why selfish, arrogant, and entitled individuals are so charming? When in charge of companies, they commit fraud, demoralize employees, and devalue stock.

And yet, there is no shortage of examples to illustrate the cultural appeal of [self-absorbed celebrities] and narcissistic antiheroes, like (Silvio Berlusconi, Steve Jobs, Kanye West attracts us despite their self-absorption — or perhaps, even because of it.

Why? Here are key research findings:

Narcissists are masterful impression managers

Narcissists excel at managing initial impressions. As Kaiser and Craig note in a recent review (“Destructive leadership in and of organizations”), “it is the obsessive focus on the self that links the narcissistic personality with charisma.”

Narcissists’ desire to make a great initial impression enables them to disguise their arrogance as confidence, which they often achieve through humor and by being entertaining or eccentric.

Narcissists manipulate credit and blame in their favor

Through a mix of shameless self-promotion and a guilt-free, Machiavellian agenda, narcissists are quick to take credit for others’ achievements and blame colleagues and subordinates for their own failures. Narcissistic managers “lead with the main purpose of receiving personal credit or glory. When things go wrong or they make mistakes, they deny or distort information and ‘rewrite history’ in order to avoid getting blamed.”

What makes narcissists so effective at this is their complete conviction that they are actually special and entitled. The rules are for someone else. It is always easier to fool others when you have already fooled yourself.

Narcissists fit conventional stereotypes of leadership

Because of their ability to accumulate power and influence, narcissists enjoy a prominent spot in laypeople’s views about leadership. However, the idea that leaders must be overconfident, charismatic, or selfish in order to be effective is in stark contrast with reality.

There are some of the bright side characteristics associated with narcissistic leadership, such as effective communication skills, strategic vision, and ambition. No wonder we find narcissistic people appealing, despite themselves.

Even Republican voters don't believe he will be elected president, something he knows as well. It's all part of the Trump brand, like flying in to a press event in a helicopter.

Bonus: Not All Narcissists Have Low Self Esteem

In secret, does Trump believe he's worthless? Not likely. While some people believe that all narcissists have low self-esteem that is not true. One risk factor of NPD is being treated like a little king or queen by their caretakers.

Trump is likely one of them. The son of a New York City real estate developer, he went to a prep school and Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. After he graduated, he worked at his father's firm for three years until his father gave him control of it three years later, when Trump was 28.

One of the first things he did was change the name from "Elizabeth Trump and Son" (focusing on middle-class housing) to the Trump Organization. The next year he got in trouble with Justice Department for violations of the Fair Housing Act in the operation of 39 buildings.

Windmill knight said:
Alex Jones openly supports Trump on hating Muslims, how rich! Cause Muslims want to blow up our country!

Trump goes on to 'argue' (among other non-sensical things) that when the US moved out of Iraq "we should have taken the oil", cause hey, now ISIS and Iran and everyone else got it, "except us"! In other words, in Trumpland it's perfectly fine to steal other country's oil. Then he says he is the most militaristic guy of all and he'll strengthen the military "so that no one messes with us!" And he goes on and on, and AJ is worshipping him.

We need a double sick-bag for this, and these two need straight-jackets, straight away.

It's even worse considering that in AJ's old material there was some exposition of the US/'Neocon' plan of fomenting conflict in the Middle East, breaking up Iraq into separate countries, and obviously how 9/11 and 7/7 were false flag attacks in order to provide a pretext for this. He also spoke a lot about the parallels between USA today and the 3rd Reich, talked about concentration camps etc.

Now he's going along with the whole "Crazy Muslims want to kill us" thing, and endorsing the guy who looks most likely to push the US further into a 4th Reich situation?

What a [expletive]. Bought and paid for many years ago by his masters. And what a shining example of paranoid personality/frontal characteropathy as outlined in Political Ponerology - the people who open the door to Pathocracy (like we needed any more of it).

Carl said:
It's even worse considering that in AJ's old material there was some exposition of the US/'Neocon' plan of fomenting conflict in the Middle East, breaking up Iraq into separate countries, and obviously how 9/11 and 7/7 were false flag attacks in order to provide a pretext for this. He also spoke a lot about the parallels between USA today and the 3rd Reich, talked about concentration camps etc.
I think AJ hasn't changed his views on this old material, but just didn't want to challenge Trump on it in their interview. AJ is still saying ISIS was a US creation, e.g. in this video, December 12:
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLIkUpOQMpQ

So for AJ, ISIS is a US creation, ISIS wouldn't exist if the US hadn't been messing around in Iraq and elsewhere in the Middle East, but nevertheless now that ISIS exists, the US shouldn't have a completely open border policy and shouldn't be accepting unvetted refugees from Syria.

Carl said:
Windmill knight said:

Now he's going along with the whole "Crazy Muslims want to kill us" thing, and endorsing the guy who looks most likely to push the US further into a 4th Reich situation?

What a [expletive]. Bought and paid for many years ago by his masters. And what a shining example of paranoid personality/frontal characteropathy as outlined in Political Ponerology - the people who open the door to Pathocracy (like we needed any more of it).

Yes. A shining example of a complete flip-flopper if there ever was one... First Jones embraced Ron Paul and Jessy Ventura and what they had to say, but only really hard core after they announced at the time that they could think about running for president. Now that they are out of the game for Jones, he hangs on to another person, which happens to be Trump, who wants to become president and also happens to completly contradict what Jones said and supported before. Jones probabply smelly a rat again, who can enable him to get more power over more people.

Everytime Jones interviews/supports somebody who is rather famous and thus has quite some reach over a lot of people, Jones gets really nice and sneaky toward that person and agrees on things he previously didn't agree. What a snakehead he his.

No wonder I always got the feeling, when watching him, that I look somekind of hitler incarnation into the face:

Pashalis said:
Perceval said:
Case in point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_7nLMFHQw8g#!

The words he uses, the way he speaks, it's all about provoking people into a confrontation with the psychos. Very bad move.

this video is pretty scarry !

Pashalis said:
I didn't read the hole topic so maybe some vid's were discussed before.

recently found some videos from Jones :
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81rZ2DlfENQ
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZnxyxxhW48&feature=related
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LKXPUdup8s&feature=related

and have seen this video
Perceval said:
Case in point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_7nLMFHQw8g#!

The words he uses, the way he speaks, it's all about provoking people into a confrontation with the psychos. Very bad move.

I don't know what to make of him?

is he a psychopath?
serious pathologic problem ?
is he just trying to be funny ?
or is he dead serious and want to be the next big dictator ?

And now it makes even more sense that he is basically handled by the CIA, as he more or less admitted himself here:

Pashalis said:
There we have it, Alex Jones admits that he is advised by a lot of ex CIA family members!
It aired on 17.04.2013.

Alex Jones finally admits family ties to government (CIA):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p6CSjj3HT7E#!

Quote from Alex:

"I grew up in Dallas Texas with my familiy, doing things like; helping take in [taking?], east german defectors, ok.
Whenever I go to a family reunion half ... in the room are former retired CIA. And you know what they tell me? They tell me , I am dead on 100% absolutely right, about what I am covering."

Alana said:
Pashalis said:
Niall said:

I was not able to load the video due to internet connection, yet based on the comments above I've likely been saved a painful experience.

Also, came across a biography on Trump's grandfather (I'm sure it has been reported in the States), whereby he spent some time in the Yukon doing a little exploiting: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/trump-canada-yukon-1.3235254

snips said:
...Trump's grandfather started the family fortune in an adventure that involved the Klondike gold rush, the Mounties, prostitution and twists of fate that pushed him to New York City.

Friedrich Trump had been in North America a few years when he set out for the Yukon, says an author who's just completed a new edition of her multi-generational family biography.
[...]
He'd left Europe in 1885 at age 16, a barber's apprentice whose father died young.

Trump wanted a life outside the barber shop, far from the family-owned vineyards his ancestors had been working since they'd settled in Germany's Kallstadt region in the 1600s carrying the soon-altered surname Drumpf.
[...]
The move to Canada spared him financial disaster. He not only sold off two Seattle eateries, but also land in nearby Monte Cristo, Wash. — right before floods and avalanches destroyed the nearby railroad and development plans for the town were scrapped.
[...]
After boarding a crowded ship to Alaska, Trump trekked over mountains, through Canadian customs, and to the Yukon River where he had to build a boat from scratch and transport a year's worth of personal supplies.

The worst was a notorious mountain pass. The U.S. National Parks Service estimates 3,000 animals died on the White Pass, with many bones still visible today in its so-called Dead Horse Gulch.

"Owners whipped horses, donkeys, mules, oxen, and dogs until they dropped. The bodies were not buried or even moved," Blair writes.

"Travellers ... had no choice but to walk over the remains. As the months went by, the walls of the pass were stained dark red from the blood."

Trump smelled opportunity.

He opened a canteen along the route, Blair says, where weary travellers likely stopped for a bite of Arctic roadkill. There are records for similar establishments along the route, Blair writes: "A frequent dish was fresh-slaughtered, quick-frozen horse."

This established a pattern for Trump's Canadian business model.

It's summed up in one chapter title: "Mining the Miners."

Unlike other gold-crazed migrants, Blair wrote, "[Trump] realized that the best way to get [rich] was to lay down his pick and shovel and pick up his accounting ledger."

'Liquor and sex'

In his three years in Canada, Trump opened the Arctic Restaurant and Hotel in two locations with a partner — first on Bennett Lake in northern B.C., and then moving it to Whitehorse, Yukon.

Their two-storey wood-framed establishment gained a reputation as the finest eatery in the area, Blair said — offering salmon, duck, caribou, and oysters.

It offered more than food.

"The bulk of the cash flow came from the sale of liquor and sex," Blair wrote. She cited newspaper ads referring obliquely to prostitution — mentioning private suites for ladies, and scales in the rooms so patrons could weigh gold if they preferred to pay for services that way.
[...]
"The boom was over, Frederick Trump realized," Blair wrote. "He had made money; perhaps even more unusual in the Yukon, he had also kept it and departed with a substantial nest-egg."

He returned to Germany with US$582,000 in today's currency, and found a wife. But he was greeted as a draft-dodger for being away and becoming a U.S. citizen during his military years.
[...]
Ironically, their heir is now running for president on a platform of mass-deportation. But Donald and grandpa share some traits — an entrepreneurial spirit, and formative youthful adventures in Canada.

Well the rest is history.

I would like to ask peeps in the U.S. more familiar with that political race a question. What cross my mind is that Trump is know for his historical congeniality to the Clinton's (donations and weddings etc). I don't know what he is currently saying about Killary, yet it seems he is managing to split the Republican party with perhaps 30% of the followers. The remaining 20% likely hate they guy, or may be not all of them. As for the Democrats, well they would not be amused with him, although some might be. Based on this, by election time (if that ever happens), the Republicans, if the statuesque remains, might well be completely splintered leaving the door open for Killary - design like?

Is it possible a play is being carried out?

voyageur said:
I would like to ask peeps in the U.S. more familiar with that political race a question. What cross my mind is that Trump is know for his historical congeniality to the Clinton's (donations and weddings etc). I don't know what he is currently saying about Killary, yet it seems he is managing to split the Republican party with perhaps 30% of the followers. The remaining 20% likely hate they guy, or may be not all of them. [...]

Plus as Jones says in the video: "90% of my listeners will vote for you [Trump]" :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom