Alfred Hitchcock's Films

Laura said:
Gaby said:
Laura said:
Interestingly, the voiceover mentions that there were 300 camps of one sort or another all over. Am I correct in having heard that? It also named camps I had never heard of.

Yeah, I remember something of the sort. Then there was an update a couple of years ago:

42,500 Camps and Ghettos Were in Operation During the Holocaust (1933 – 1945)
_http://www.historyofinformation.com/expanded.php?id=3988

I haven't followed up that, nor am I sure about their criteria. It surely sounds like a lot!

Yeah. I guess you wouldn't imagine that the allies, upon first entering Germany, would have ALL the data.

I recall hearing from the film that there were 300 camps in Germany. That was really shocking, if accurate. And consider that this was just a "trial run". Jeez. Imagine this kind of suffering on an even grander scale.

Just a trial run?!?! From what I learned about my grandfather (who was a spy for the "allies" during WWII"), the atrocities that we know about are barely 1% of what actually happened. He was reluctant to speak of it until his wife (my grandmother) passed away. He revealed some to a few family members, which my mother relayed to me, but I still think he held back the worst of what he saw (and possibly participated in- which explains his devout Christian belief system).

I always felt bad for him, since the one thing I do know is that he saved the SS uniform he used as a spy. I saw it when I was 13, and was simply awestruck. He was always a very quiet man. I always wondered why he gave me a coin from 1945 that had a Nazi swastika on it (this coin had obviously been damaged from being in a rather hot fire- go figure). I can't even imagine what he saw (or what he participated in) :(

Odyssey said:
Laura said:
Gaby said:
Laura said:
Interestingly, the voiceover mentions that there were 300 camps of one sort or another all over. Am I correct in having heard that? It also named camps I had never heard of.

Yeah, I remember something of the sort. Then there was an update a couple of years ago:

42,500 Camps and Ghettos Were in Operation During the Holocaust (1933 – 1945)
_http://www.historyofinformation.com/expanded.php?id=3988

I haven't followed up that, nor am I sure about their criteria. It surely sounds like a lot!

Yeah. I guess you wouldn't imagine that the allies, upon first entering Germany, would have ALL the data.

I recall hearing from the film that there were 300 camps in Germany. That was really shocking, if accurate. And consider that this was just a "trial run". Jeez. Imagine this kind of suffering on an even grander scale.

Heh, yeah. In the film the British soldier got to see what he was fighting for. Well this kind of thing making a rerun is what we're fighting against today!

I watched the last disc of Evidence of Revision, where it talks about Sirhan Sirhan, Jonestown, then MLK. And with the recent viewing of the Nazi camps, you can see a clear progression within the past century. They had a trial run of propaganda and genocide. Then there were mind control programs with MK Ultra and the testing they did in Canada. And then Jonestown was another experiment. And today we have the mass media: TV, music, internet, all sort of beaming tech and toxic food that wears us down. You can see the connection and like in V for Vendetta you see how it's all connected, like dominoes. And like the inspector says it's a, "feeling that everything is connected", well, it seems it's long past just a feeling today.

Avala said:
Efraim Zuroff on the matter and revisionism:

http://www.wiesenthal.com/site/apps/nlnet/content.aspx?c=lsKWLbPJLnF&b=8776547&ct=13980389
http://www.wiesenthal.com/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=lsKWLbPJLnF&b=4442245&ct=5851813

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: I really really didn't know about this! Imagine that flowers have been planted at the site of the Auschwitz Concentration camp in the shape of swastika?!

And from a second link:

The Simon Wiesenthal Center protested to the Croatian government over the open display of WWII-era fascist symbols, banners and uniforms by fans at a recent concert in Zagreb. The headliner act, “Thompson”, proudly promotes Croatian ultranationalism in their music, sometimes celebrating heroes of the Ustashe--the fascist party who sided with Hitler during WWII--and heroes of the 1991 Balkan war, some of whom are suspected war criminals. Especially alarming to the Center was a song expressing nostalgia for the concentration camps Jasenovac and Stara Gradiska, where at least 90,000 Serbs, Jews, Gypsies and anti-fascist Croatians perished at the hands of the Ustashe.

Well, unfortunately it seems that Ukraine is not only state in the Europe where "government" has nothing against such open and brutal display of WW2 era fascist symbols. I'm just surprised that the Croatian public doesn't protest against it. Or at least they are in minority, so their voices can't be heard. I dunno. :/

Odyssey said:
That count makes sense from a practical engineering or production standpoint, as it was mentioned that they were found everywhere as they became a regular part of the production line in the war society. They seem spaced out rather evenly like a distribution setup... very mechanical, very methodical.

There were a few things having to deal with the Western propaganda attempts at the time (which would later justify anything we did or would do in the name of securing peace and blah, blah, blah... Gladio anyone? and has that ever stopped?) One is how they would purposely disrobe people to let the camera get a better shot of their corrupted physical condition... very mechanical/methodical itself... no wonder both sides seemed to have taken order from the same oligarchs.. Another point was sociological, one word in particular that illustrated the viewpoint of the filmmaker or who exactly when the scene of new clothes being given to the camp survivors is shown... one older boy, a teen of some age, the narrator says something like, "Now he can grow up to be useful to mankind" or something like that... around the 26 min mark.... very 1% type of statement... interesting, some things never seem to change, no matter who's behind the camera.

That said, perhaps it's a sign of the times, but I felt that after awhile, I started getting numb to the bodies... one does get used to any situation, same as the victims in the camps, some of who would do what it takes to get more food and survive.. same in nature.... same in that story/film "Graveyard of the Fireflies".

After one is numb to it all, then raised on violence on tv, video games etc, then all that follows is so much easier, which explains now and then... pretty much the same... as it does seem a 'white man thing', perhaps a leftover from our last 'port of call'?

I'm sure that Hitchcock would have done much more with this 'work in progress'... if for no other reason than to make sure the viewer doesn't go numb and dumb... time will work that 'magic' all by itself, and already has.

gdpetti said:
That said, perhaps it's a sign of the times, but I felt that after awhile, I started getting numb to the bodies... one does get used to any situation, same as the victims in the camps, some of who would do what it takes to get more food and survive.. same in nature.... same in that story/film "Graveyard of the Fireflies".

After one is numb to it all, then raised on violence on tv, video games etc, then all that follows is so much easier, which explains now and then... pretty much the same... as it does seem a 'white man thing', perhaps a leftover from our last 'port of call'?

I noticed toward the end of the film that I felt numb as well. I think that the horror is so intense that its overwhelming to the point that the mind steps back from it out of some sense of preservation, which is sad too. Once I realized what was happening, I made myself pay more attention to snap out of it. Because I don't want to ever lose that sense of horror at such things. :shock:

I was also thinking that our culture of violence as entertainment will make horrific things so much easier for people to accept, and I suspect that is no doubt part of the plan. How much easier will it be to make people agree to commit and/or ignore atrocities if they have already become used to such scenes. :mad:

"The horror,the horror.." I wasn't aware there were 300 camps.
Just watched it and thought: if that was a Trial Run, what will happen now when there are so much better and more sofisticate ways to do pull it of.
Got to go, feel a bit sick

Just watched this too, & cried. It hurts to watch the depravity of these 'people' that could do this to other humans. I am sure many many other horrors and atrocities were committed and not ever reported a-lá-CiA-torture-report. The camps weren't about killing, they were about torture, pain, and slow gruesome deaths. I am sure rape was rampant too. All I can say, I am glad the resolution was what it was. It was enough.

Arwenn said:
Just watched this too, & cried. It hurts to watch the depravity of these 'people' that could do this to other humans. I am sure many many other horrors and atrocities were committed and not ever reported a-lá-CiA-torture-report. The camps weren't about killing, they were about torture, pain, and slow gruesome deaths. I am sure rape was rampant too. All I can say, I am glad the resolution was what it was. It was enough.

I watched this film last night, and it made me feel sick, sad, and deeply hurt. Despair too, as it IS happening all over again.

What's important about the Hitchcock compilation of film, for me, is that this was like FIRST response news. There was no time to concoct anything and they didn't have photoshop. This was REAL and in your face right there stuff that really happened. And I'm sorry, there is no way to creatively re-write history, quibble over numbers or gas chambers or whatever, without revealing yourself to be without a conscience. To me, all that is irrelevant.

Yes, that sense of real time reporting really struck home for me. It was recording the horror of that time in it's natural RAW state. I think this film ought to be on every school curriculum. By not doing so, and offering a more sanitized version or quibbling over numbers etc, seems a further insult to those unfortunate victims.

I had never heard of 300 camps during my so-called 'history' lessons at school. All those black dots on the map of Germany, all those place names where such atrocities occurred - where will the next ones be, for Holocaust 2.0? Sadly, they could be the very towns where we currently live, work or visit.

As Voltaire said “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” Ukraine, Gaza, Charlie Hebdo... - here we go again! :(

Arwenn said:

Yeah, I had to take a break, twice and images from Ukraine and Gaza came to me.
I started to think those who were just executed with a bullet were the lucky ones, the people in the camps had to face with torture, starvation and humiliation
on a daily basis.
I have a dear friend, Tom who is 90 year old and he was just finished the Music Academy of Budapest when he was taken to a local internal camp in Hungary.
There were a number of them, I don't know exactly how many.
Before the entire camp were taken to Auschwitz, he escaped when they were marching back from working on the railroads.
They had only 2-3 soldiers with hundreds of people. He managed to slip out of line to the forest and hiding for 24 hrs.
Then he went back to Budapest but friends told him to go because it's too dangerous to stay, considering of the anti-Jewish laws, besides people were starving already, food was scarce.
His friend told him the only way to escape to go to south where the Red Army approached already.
Then he went south toward Szeged staying with good people on a farm in near village and they gave him food and clothing.
Then the Red Army came, he hid with the peasants in a basement showing a white cloth to the soviet soldiers, whom took over the house, food and every possessions.
There was a piano in the Landlord's house and they discovered he is a brilliant piano player.
Tom played Tchaikovsky, "Moskovskie vechernya" and everything Russian music he can remember.
They liked him.
Although they always made him taste the food first, make sure the villagers didn't try to poisoning them.
However one day 2 kozaks took him to the end of the village and he thought: "This is it, They will kill me."
But they told him go.
When I saw the movie: "The Pianist" I thought of Tom, bless his heart.

Anam Cara said:
Yes, that sense of real time reporting really struck home for me. It was recording the horror of that time in it's natural RAW state. I think this film ought to be on every school curriculum. By not doing so, and offering a more sanitized version or quibbling over numbers etc, seems a further insult to those unfortunate victims.

I had never heard of 300 camps during my so-called 'history' lessons at school. All those black dots on the map of Germany, all those place names where such atrocities occurred - where will the next ones be, for Holocaust 2.0? Sadly, they could be the very towns where we currently live, work or visit.

As Voltaire said “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” Ukraine, Gaza, Charlie Hebdo... - here we go again! :(

Really well said Anam Cara. It's beyond absurd, people have taken leave of their senses. And I too was given the sanitized version regarding the concentration camps - looking at all those black dots on the map filled me with despair, each with their own special brand of unspeakable cruelty & torture.

And when I look at the open air prison that is Gaza, the situation in Donbass, Syria, Iraq, and the recent series of false flags in Canada, Sydney, Paris, Belgium, I feel scared. Humans have not learned from history at all.

Reading the article Holocaust 2.0 and then watching that video........... :cry:
The pit of my stomach shook....I am at a loss for words...the evil...WAY MORE CAMPS THEN MENTIONED IN YOUR REGULAR HS HISTORY BOOK...all the graves. The video was grainy but clarity of the video wasn't needed...from what I saw...made me sick :cry: And I feel (especially in the US) we could be headed for another mass extinction....we are being prepped to be desensitized...are we?
Arwenn said:
Anam Cara said:

Really well said Anam Cara. It's beyond absurd, people have taken leave of their senses. And I too was given the sanitized version regarding the concentration camps - looking at all those black dots on the map filled me with despair, each with their own special brand of unspeakable cruelty & torture.

And when I look at the open air prison that is Gaza, the situation in Donbass, Syria, Iraq, and the recent series of false flags in Canada, Sydney, Paris, Belgium, I feel scared. Humans have not learned from history at all.
Anam Cara, Voltaire's words are my exact fear :cry:

If that film doesn't shake you to your core you are not human.
I thought Hitchcock left the project and Billy Wilder was brought in to finish it. Must research more.

Emma said:
Yeah, I had to take a break, twice and images from Ukraine and Gaza came to me.
I started to think those who were just executed with a bullet were the lucky ones, the people in the camps had to face with torture, starvation and humiliation
on a daily basis.
I have a dear friend, Tom who is 90 year old and he was just finished the Music Academy of Budapest when he was taken to a local internal camp in Hungary.
There were a number of them, I don't know exactly how many.
Before the entire camp were taken to Auschwitz, he escaped when they were marching back from working on the railroads.
They had only 2-3 soldiers with hundreds of people. He managed to slip out of line to the forest and hiding for 24 hrs.
Then he went back to Budapest but friends told him to go because it's too dangerous to stay, considering of the anti-Jewish laws, besides people were starving already, food was scarce.
His friend told him the only way to escape to go to south where the Red Army approached already.
Then he went south toward Szeged staying with good people on a farm in near village and they gave him food and clothing.
Then the Red Army came, he hid with the peasants in a basement showing a white cloth to the soviet soldiers, whom took over the house, food and every possessions.
There was a piano in the Landlord's house and they discovered he is a brilliant piano player.
Tom played Tchaikovsky, "Moskovskie vechernya" and everything Russian music he can remember.
They liked him.
Although they always made him taste the food first, make sure the villagers didn't try to poisoning them.
However one day 2 kozaks took him to the end of the village and he thought: "This is it, They will kill me."
But they told him go.
When I saw the movie: "The Pianist" I thought of Tom, bless his heart.

I really enjoyed that story, Emma. It demonstrates the power of music in relating our common human values, even between occupiers and the oppressed. A beautiful ending.

I could not watch much of that film, I have seen enough video evidence of death and destruction and it really affects me. I have three little boys running around the house and I can't imagine a reality in which they would be taken away like the poor souls who the nazis herded and interred like human cattle. I will fight tooth and nail to prevent this reality from taking place.

It really pains me to see the events unfolding in the Ukraine right now, or Syria, or any place in which the globalist oligarchs have decided to take action to bring their imperialist policies of 'freedom and democracy,' while securing our world from 'terrorists.' And to know that while innocents are killed that they are painted as subhuman or as terrorists is a despicable and cynical act; my fellows who believe the lies are complicit by their inability to distinguish reality from the fantasy of bloodthirsty and greedy overlords.

I would think that if I were a resident of Donetsk or Lugansk, that I would have the courage to stand up against the war machine of tyranny. I also wonder what will become of our peace here in Canada, will we see the overt machinations of totalitarianism? Or will the velvet glove of fascism leave our largely ignorant and apathetic population immured to the tragedies our government sponsors in far away lands, convinced that such atrocities could never occur here?

I fear our time will come too.

Back
Top Bottom