Alfred Hitchcock's Films

[/quote]

The power of an army of authoritarian followers led by a truly psychopathic set of authoritarians.
[/quote]

Exactly, truly scary.

It just seems the modern day psychopaths are just more deceptive and sneaky, or they seem to operate using a different strategy, making the whole world into a slave labour camp with everyone operating on a different level in the hierarchical authoritarian structure.
I mean there are really emerging more and more some form of a global apartheid system, where a line of distinction is more and more clearly drawn, between those who are completely "out of the game", that is to say they are like the inmates, while the rest of the world occupies different levels of the SS prison guard system.

And exactly that is why Slavoj Zizek found the film class enemy the ultimate condensation of our modern day dilemma. Because in a certain way it does not only deal with the problem of authoritarianism but also a more contemporary problem of a "permissive society" structure that makes people totally impotent to deal with any of the real problems facing us. Its like the strategy is not on open authoritarianism but more on some kind of psydo free happy moderate permissivness.

SolarSoul said:
And exactly that is why Slavoj Zizek found the film class enemy the ultimate condensation of our modern day dilemma. Because in a certain way it does not only deal with the problem of authoritarianism but also a more contemporary problem of a "permissive society" structure that makes people totally impotent to deal with any of the real problems facing us. Its like the strategy is not on open authoritarianism but more on some kind of psydo free happy moderate permissivness.

Yes, and see some of the Gnostic Media podcasts by Jan Irvin - "Manufacturing the Dead Head".

http://www.sott.net/article/291703-Manufacturing-the-Deadhead-A-product-of-social-engineering

I made a visit to Dachau memorial site, in the '83 while I was in the Bavarian Alps and Munich, something I was not looking forward to it but felt it was something I should do to learn. Dachau was the first of the Nazi concentration camps opened in Germany, intended to hold political prisoners. It was built on the grounds of a munitions factory. The visit left a feeling of dread in me that lasted for days. Munich is probably the most beautiful city I have ever seen personally. The whole area is stunning, it was shocking that something so horrible could be created in a world that has the potential to be a paradise, so much work required to make something terrible, on a planet that really has (had?), the potential, the inclination even, to provide a rich existence for all.

This movie is one of my favorite.
It's a little masterpiece that shows us how Hitchcock was not only a great filmmaker but also a wonderful teacher who shows us how a good film should be made. Every Hitchcock film is a cinema class.

The Birds is so well done. If you haven't seen the film it's time to see it. If you saw it when you were young, it's worth seeing again and again. And if you love birds even more!

The Birds is based on a story by Daphne Du Maurier who liked to write strange, mysterious stories.

Here are some important scenes that I think show how Hitchcock used suspense to keep the viewer surprised and disturbed.

First scene:

We already know, at this point in the film, that these birds are deadly and very, very dangerous.

Second scene:

Then when birds attack the kids. Very well done. It should not be forgotten that the film was made in 1963. This scene again show us how mean are the birds. And how good is Hitchcock.

Third scene:

Here action plus. But it is not the end of this strange situation...

Comes more drastic scenes where the birds are completely crazy. But for that you have to see the movie! :-D

This movie is one of my favorite.
It's a little masterpiece that shows us how Hitchcock was not only a great filmmaker but also a wonderful teacher who shows us how a good film should be made. Every Hitchcock film is a cinema class.

The Birds is so well done. If you haven't seen the film it's time to see it. If you saw it when you were young, it's worth seeing again and again. And if you love birds even more!

The Birds is based on a story by Daphne Du Maurier who liked to write strange, mysterious stories.

Here are some important scenes that I think show how Hitchcock used suspense to keep the viewer surprised and disturbed.

First scene:

We already know, at this point in the film, that these birds are deadly and very, very dangerous.

Second scene:

Then when birds attack the kids. Very well done. It should not be forgotten that the film was made in 1963. This scene again show us how mean are the birds. And how good is Hitchcock.

Third scene:

Here action plus. But it is not the end of this strange situation...

Comes more drastic scenes where the birds are completely crazy. But for that you have to see the movie! :-D
Dear Loreta, thank you so much for reminding me of that movie! I also like it very much!!!! 🥰 🥰 🥰

Thanks loreta for sharing. I didn’t know that The Birds was based on a story by Daphe Du Maurier. Think I’ll revisit the movie, it’s been a long while since I last saw it. Plan to also watch Suspicion.

When I was young my late brother and I got into watching Alfred Hitchcock movies and rented many of his movies from the video store for a period of time. Good memories.

Also, my family had a collection of Cary Grant movies on VHS and Hitchcock’s Charade was one of the movies in the collection. I remember watching Charade several times when I was young for that reason. Though my favorite Hitchcock movie back then was probably Rear Window.

Though my favorite Hitchcock movie back then was probably Rear Window.
Rear Window is fantastic. So many stories in this movie! And even, if you look the first minutes of the film at the video, you will see some birds from his movie The Birds!

The only problem with Rear Window is Grace Kelly... :-P

Back
Top Bottom