Alien Dream & High Strangeness

*sigh* Okay, more more more strangeness. This I was gonna post to casschat in conjunction with the thread about the CD-player changing seemingly when we'd gone out, and everything else to do with this wider pattern that has emerged. Anyway, I was in rush so forgot to post it (I was reading Into the Fringe at the time):

Message to casschat said:
I'm sorry for these multiple posts, but I was a page into reading when I came across this passage (p. 209/p. 112 in the PDF):

Karla Turner said:
Sandy glanced out the front window and saw two men standing in her driveway one day, but when she went back for a second look only moments later, there was no one in the yard or on the street. And there were other cases where people kept "seeing" something move in their peripheral vision field, something that was often described as dark and the size of a rabbit or a large rat. No such animal, of course, was ever actually found. The incidents genuinely didn't seem merely to come from poor eyesight or vision problems, and, like the hearing of voices in the summer of 1989, the "invisible rabbits" were a transitory phenomenon.
Ding! Ding! Ding! The alarm was going off in my head again. God knows how I completely forgot about it, seeming as though it happens regularly but: the other week, my mother said to me, "You know what, often when I'm sat here [in the living room], I glance out of the window and see somebody just approaching the house. Then the tree outside obscures them as it would do, but THEY DON'T EVER COME OUT OF THE OTHER SIDE!" Well, of course, I gasped and excitedly said I'd experienced the same thing, which I had on many occasions.

You see, it's like this: there is the window, and about a third of the way in on the left is a small conifer. So momentarily, you see somebody walking past, then they disappear behind the conifer, and you'd then see them again for a few seconds. We were laughing at the seeming impossibility of it, also having actually got up to check and there'd be nobody there! We've come to call it our own little Bermuda Triangle outside. We'd both spot somebody other times, and wait in antipation, then laugh and say "Phew! She made it..."

Then there is the "dark" fleeting things on the corner of the eye. At first, it started with me seeing things shooting past on my peripheral vision in my bedroom; usually at ceiling height. I'm ashamed to say that I've killed quite a few moths in here over the years, too lazy to make the effort to catch them under a glass and set them free. So I just thought they were the ghosts of the moths! One time, I jumped up in a fright after seeing this "huge" orange and black thing come flapping near my face. But there was nothing there.

Then gradually, my mother and father started to see them again (I say again, because it also happened in our previous house - the most haunted of the lot) and so did my grandmother! But only here, not at her house.

As for what they are, obviously I have no idea. I suppose movement doesn't necessarily mean they are "alive", or even "out there" - we couldn't even begin to tell.
I think I'm gonna end up ripping every hair out of my head in frustration at not having a real clue as to what the hell is going on around here!

"I think I'm gonna end up ripping every hair out of my head in frustration at not having a real clue as to what the hell is going on around here!"
No! Don't do it! From all appearances you seem to have a very nice head of hair after all! I totally understand the frustration of spending the time and energy to understand what is going on around you, to only have more things go on around you! Many of us have learned that with an increase in knowledge and awareness comes an increase in interference. Not that there are aliens and demons behind every bush (except all of the bushes in texas), there are an untold number of things in the universe beyond our wildest imaginations. From what you've said, you seem to be sensitive to energy abberations, so the path of least resistance toward interfering might just be through such abberations, and we know that STS forces always take the path of least resistance. I certainly don't know for sure, but it's a possibility. It could also be that you and your mother simply have an ability to see through the veil a bit more than most. From my experience and from what I've learned, most of us are interfered with on a daily basis, to keep us off balance, confused, busy, sad, ect., so perhaps part of the plan is to keep you so distracted by this 'energy play' that you lose time working on other things. Who knows? The experience of seeing dark shapes move on the periphery of your vision is much more common than once thought. It happens to me occasionally, and I usually feel that a presence is lurking about. I also usually tell it to leave. Historically, these dark shapes have been referred to as 'the dark man', 'the dark man phenomena', or 'the shadow people' - and there is quite a bit of information on the net about it, though I know not how much of it is disinformation, since I haven't really researched.
As far as the noises you've heard, about a year and a half ago, I awoke abruptly during the night to a loud pop in my right ear, followed by what sounded like a generator ramping up, a very high pitched whining inside that ear, which then abruptly stopped. Needless to say, it was very odd and disconcerting. I actually mentioned it on Casschat just to see if anyone else had experienced this. My general impression of it at this point is that it may have had to do with an inplant - but I don't know for sure - it was internal, but not anything like a sound I had previously heard. After writing all of this, I just realized that I'm not really helping you out with much real information. I suppose I'm actually just commisserating in an attempt to temper your frustration. I wish I had more to offer. =)

Hi Anne,

I totally understand the frustration of spending the time and energy to understand what is going on around you, to only have more things go on around you! Many of us have learned that with an increase in knowledge and awareness comes an increase in interference.
You can say that again! There have been moments where I'd get a "warning" either through a precognitive dream or synchronicity and dead on cue something would happen to push my buttons or to intimidate me - well, that was the default programmed effect. But there's one thing that I've learned is that the General Law provides plenty of opportunities that can be completely turned around to our advantage! In fact, I'd say it maybe is a necessity. It's like Laura said: they hand us lemons and we make lemonade!

Perhaps we can see these situations as evidence that we are doing something right, and maybe we have "something" in potential.

It could also be that you and your mother simply have an ability to see through the veil a bit more than most. From my experience and from what I've learned, most of us are interfered with on a daily basis, to keep us off balance, confused, busy, sad, ect., so perhaps part of the plan is to keep you so distracted by this 'energy play' that you lose time working on other things. Who knows?
Well a progressive step was made last night; I came out with everything and she couldn't help but see that everything fitted the framework of abduction. But it's like she didn't feel the emotional shock so I assumed she is still somewhat in denial. At one point she told me to "just accept it" and made a few Freudian slips, calling it "obsessive" and "phantasy." It seems the "Many 'I's doctrine" or "programming" is barring any realisations.

The experience of seeing dark shapes move on the periphery of your vision is much more common than once thought. It happens to me occasionally, and I usually feel that a presence is lurking about. I also usually tell it to leave. Historically, these dark shapes have been referred to as 'the dark man', 'the dark man phenomena', or 'the shadow people' - and there is quite a bit of information on the net about it, though I know not how much of it is disinformation, since I haven't really researched.
Ohhhh... plenty "shadow people" stories going back a couple of generations in this family. Thanks for the suggestion, I will see what strings there are to pull.

anart said:
As far as the noises you've heard, about a year and a half ago, I awoke abruptly during the night to a loud pop in my right ear, followed by what sounded like a generator ramping up, a very high pitched whining inside that ear, which then abruptly stopped. Needless to say, it was very odd and disconcerting. I actually mentioned it on Casschat just to see if anyone else had experienced this. My general impression of it at this point is that it may have had to do with an inplant - but I don't know for sure - it was internal, but not anything like a sound I had previously heard.
Well I know Gurdjieff referred to us all as machines, but not to the extent that we can hear our generators starting up! :D

After writing all of this, I just realized that I'm not really helping you out with much real information. I suppose I'm actually just commisserating in an attempt to temper your frustration. I wish I had more to offer.
Honestly, just hearing other's experiences is a huge help. I've just got to work through these states, because it is almost like a grieving process losing the comfort of the previous reality.

Of course, I'll keep updating if anything else springs to mind. It's like living in the Twilight Zone around here. Actually, maybe I should stick up a warning sign outside the house:

WARNING: You are passing by HYPERDIMENSIONAL PROPERTY - you may suddenly against your will, shift into another dimension. Please tread carefully and at your own risk.

Hi everyone,

Had another vivid and strange dream early this morning, that really gave me the heeby-jeebies. Here's what I scribbled down at 4.30am (tidied up and explained a bit) so as not to forget:

I was sat upright in my bed, watching the television. It was actually New Year's Eve and the countdown to midnight was taking place; Big Ben was on the screen as per usual, with some shots of the crowds in central London waiting to go crazy in celebration. I glanced at my digital alarm clock and it said 12:02am, but it could have been fast. Finally, I heard the uproar with the loud gongs of Big Ben heralding the New Year. I muted the sound and looked out of the window to see some colourful and explosive displays of fireworks in the distance, and the drunken singing of Auld Lang Syne by the neighbours.

It was at this point that I knew something was up. As I looked out into the dark sky to the east [Update: the exact same area where this was reported a few months later], I noticed a white orb of light quickly flying north. An extremely bright spotlight blinked on, and it was sweeping the houses below. Then, an identical light appeared behind it, and they were both travelling in formation one in front of the other - alternately "scanning" below. I reasoned that they may be helicopters, but they were travelling too fast. Suddenly, they quickly turned and were heading towards the house. It became pretty obvious that these were no ordinary craft, as they passed over with a deathly silence.

Immediately, I pulled down the blinds and had the distinct impression that I was now "in the future". Or perhaps, the terror was knowing that what I expected to happen further along the line, was occurring right now.

I again looked at the clock, it read 12:12am. I was in amazement that the "two edges of time" had been pieced together so precisely, and my actions seemed completely consistent. What I mean is, I had the impression that I had been "taken" at 12:02am and placed back at the present moment. But then the chronology is confusing; because it seems at this point, I was "experiencing" what I assumed had just happened in the "missing time".

Anyway, I recall the blind being open again, and I saw a different UFO passing over. It had no lights, and was illuminated by the streetlamps. It made a tilting maneuver as it passed over, and reminded me of a children's spinning-top. A "spotlight scanner" then passed over again, and I realised that this wasn't a solid craft as such, but more of a remote-controlled square metal frame.

I was very scared at this point, and I realised that it was completely useless to pull down the blinds as if that would prevent anything from getting at me. It got even creepier, as the dream suddenly shifted.

I was stood on the flat kitchen roof (which is below my window) standing face-to-face with about five teddy-bears! It seems they were trying to convince me to do something, perhaps go into the craft which I "sensed" (because I couldn't see it) was waiting behind them. Their eyes gave a completely disparate impression compared to the "cute" colourful exterior; in fact, I knew it was a "screen". I could see the deception, impatience and anticipatory look they had and it made me so angry that I grabbed one of them, and took a large bite - only to find it was actually as soft as a teddy-bear. They started to retreat at this point, and the funniest thing happened. Some of the bears climbed on top of the others' shoulders and made a sort of acrobatic stance; their bodies made the letter "P", as if they were trying to show me something.

The dream shifted again, and I was looking down now to see this spinning-top craft about six feet off the ground and an elderly gentleman coming out of the house next door. He was laughing and joking with a friend, only for the pleasant expression to be wiped off his face when he saw this large black machine in front of him. It's like he turned completely passive. I recall clearly what he said: "I hope you'll make a clean incision into my skin..." and then perhaps some comment about this left ear. To which a female responded: "That's not going to happen..." as though any medical procedure was not on the agenda.

I then saw this "female", with it seems a male partner. I can't help associate these two with my previous dream - the couple that dumped that child on my mother and I. She was hideous in appearance: extremely overweight, ragged dirty clothes, greasy scraggly hair, a hunchback and the most bestial smile: two rows of many razor sharp teeth. She seemed to "finish" whatever was necessary, and then took a running jump off the roof and was "collected" through some sort of portal - and disappeared.

I turned to my left, and noticed a formation of lights low in the sky. I recall looking on with horror that I'd seen this before, and verbally "punished" myself for not remembering. They were in the following sequence:

o (Red Light)
o o o (Whitey/Blue)
o o (Blue)

The last image I have in my mind before waking up, is of a "talking baby" that she'd left behind in a pool of muddy water. I didn't like him at all. Although I don't remember what was said, he said it with a contemptuous intonation and I suspected he may have been psychopathic.
Throughout the whole dream, it was as if I was on the brink of lucidity but more along the lines of a state of denial that this was happening to me. It was as if I recalled previous dreams, and waking experiences, but didn't fully realise that this was a dream-state too.

Anyway, this morning I awoke to see that the whole street/village was covered in snow. Thankfully, I didn't see any actual footprints on the roof. :)

Craig said:
I turned to my left, and noticed a formation of lights low in the sky. I recall looking on with horror that I'd seen this before, and verbally "punished" myself for not remembering. They were in the following sequence:

o (Red Light)
o o o (Whitey/Blue)
o o (Blue)
Hi Craig,

A couple of years ago I had a UFO experience, and your description above 'rang a bell' with me, although my experience was while awake, not while dreaming.

It happened in the evening, so it was dark outside. From a distance I noticed a very bright and unusual cluster of lights moving in erratic and unusual ways. They seemed too low, too slow, and much too large and bright, to be an airplane or a helicopter. From a distance the lights only looked like a very bright white.

As the object moved away and I realized it was leaving the area, and thought to myself, "come back here, I want to get a good look at you." At that moment it suddenly changed direction and headed straight for me. It went directly over me, very low, and I looked up at it, squinting my eyes and trying to see what it looked like, but the lights were too bright, obscuring the shape of the object for the most part. I only had a vague idea that it looked like there were pontoon-type/shaped objects attached together in two places by 'crossbars'. Also that's when the lights changed from white to multicolored, very large bright and pulsing, and in the same pattern you illustrate above. The 'difference' was that there was one more 'set' of lights, one on each side, that were yellow. As I was looking up, straining to get a good look 'behind' the lights, I also 'thought' how strange that it was silent, that if it were a small plane there would be some sound-- since it was so low I should be able to hear it. At that moment I heard a low humming sound, like a motor, but not a strong motor. The humming seemed too weak and too slow, not 'correct' for a plane. I watched it move off and then stop, seeming to hang over the trees in the distance, lights back to white only. And then after awhiole it 'flew' away. The up-close part of the 'sighting' only lasted a few seconds.

As the evening wore on and I thought over the event I 'wondered' if I had taken an ordinary event-- such as seeing a small plane with strange lights-- and turned it into seeing a UFO. Had I simply gotten carried away? But I just couldn't reconcile that with what happened, and came to the conclusion that, whatever it was, it certainly wasn't like anything I'd ever seen before.

That night as I was going to bed I experienced/heard a buzzing sound and sensation, it made me think of an insect being trapped inside my head and buzzing back and forth very quickly, only there was also an artificial 'electric' quality to it. The next day I woke up with pink eye, which hung around for maybe three days.

I still experience the 'buzzing' once in a while, although not as strong as that first time, and it 'feels' invasive to me.

When I saw 'your lights' I immediately realized they were very similar to 'mine', even though you saw yours in a dream. And of course I haven't got a clue what, if anything, it may mean...I'm just sharing.

Lucy

Lucy said:
The next day I woke up with pink eye, which hung around for maybe three days.
I've heard about this 'pink eye' connection more than a few times - does anyone know what that is about? I apologize if it's common knowledge, but having heard reports of people with pink eye after they've seen ufos or experienced what they felt like was an abduction is so strange. Any ideas would be appreciated.

It seems the common consensus is that 'pink eye' is caused by some sort of infection. And here the speculation begins, so you can take all this with a grain of salt:

I only had one UFO experience and that was probably some military craft. The thing had circling lights that made me dizzy. It's not farfetched the "UFO lights" are not ordinary lights at all but some kind of acute electromagnetic radiation that irritates the eye. I had pink eye once and asked a doctor why I happened to get the 'infection' then and not some other time. She shrugged and said that sometimes the immune system is weak or some kind of imbalance messes with the ph of the fluids lubricating the eye. Maybe the UFO lights mess with this ph. I wonder if the effect occures in the dominant or less dominant eye, and if that has any significance?

I knew someone who suffered from "lost time". He claimed to be walking home, and opened his front gate. Then all of the sudden he was at his front door having somehow "jumped over" his front yard, reaching for the door knob. He said that the last thing he remembered before the black out was seeing such a pattern of five lights in front of his face, while he was wide awake. The lights for him were 'whitey/blue'. The thing is, that an interval of three hours passed between the moment the lights appeared and he found himself reaching for the door knob!

The person was just describing the event in neutral tones, but when he got to the part of the lights, it seemed it was the first time he remembered that aspect of the event and got very upset. Something happened to him and he admitted he did not want to go in that direction. He also suffered from nose-bleeds. This event happened in the early 90's.

Hi everyone,

Some very interesting replies...

Lucy said:
A couple of years ago I had a UFO experience, and your description above 'rang a bell' with me, although my experience was while awake, not while dreaming.

It happened in the evening, so it was dark outside. From a distance I noticed a very bright and unusual cluster of lights moving in erratic and unusual ways. They seemed too low, too slow, and much too large and bright, to be an airplane or a helicopter. From a distance the lights only looked like a very bright white.

As the object moved away and I realized it was leaving the area, and thought to myself, "come back here, I want to get a good look at you." At that moment it suddenly changed direction and headed straight for me. It went directly over me, very low, and I looked up at it, squinting my eyes and trying to see what it looked like, but the lights were too bright, obscuring the shape of the object for the most part.
Lucy your description of this event kinda perturbed me, or maybe "disturbed" is a more appropriate word. I suppose it centers around the apparent height this light was over you: "very low"? How low would you say approximately? If you're talking about 50ft-100ft or so, then it's as if I find your account somewhat lacking in what I'd term a normal dose of emotional content/emotive words. I wonder, is your mind repressing something? That's the impression you gave me, as if you were maintaining a "distance".

Lucy said:
At that moment I heard a low humming sound, like a motor, but not a strong motor. The humming seemed too weak and too slow, not 'correct' for a plane. I watched it move off and then stop, seeming to hang over the trees in the distance, lights back to white only. And then after awhiole it 'flew' away. The up-close part of the 'sighting' only lasted a few seconds.
There have been many UFO-encounter case studies where people describe a low humming sound, usually when ascending or setting off again, having stopped. Also Anne mentioned something startlingly similar, see above.

Lucy said:
As the evening wore on and I thought over the event I 'wondered' if I had taken an ordinary event-- such as seeing a small plane with strange lights-- and turned it into seeing a UFO. Had I simply gotten carried away? But I just couldn't reconcile that with what happened, and came to the conclusion that, whatever it was, it certainly wasn't like anything I'd ever seen before.
This is clearly the manifestation of your mind trying to rationalise and ease the negative emotional energy, or so I think. One problem I've experienced is absolute self-doubt, even at times (like the "predator experience" last night) just wondering whether it even happened! The situations are so surreal and sometimes "reality-destroying" (let's face it, nothing beats the actual experience of a once intellectual topic) that we do go into denial, even when we think we have a steady head on our shoulders.

Lucy said:
That night as I was going to bed I experienced/heard a buzzing sound and sensation, it made me think of an insect being trapped inside my head and buzzing back and forth very quickly, only there was also an artificial 'electric' quality to it.
I've also heard this buzzing sound which I described as several bumble-bees in my bedroom early one morning. Only, I wasn't satisfied with that because like you say, it doesn't "convey" the electric quality to it.

Lucy said:
When I saw 'your lights' I immediately realized they were very similar to 'mine', even though you saw yours in a dream. And of course I haven't got a clue what, if anything, it may mean...I'm just sharing.
Well I want to clarify something due to EsoQuest's post, where he writes:

EsoQuest said:
He said that the last thing he remembered before the black out was seeing such a pattern of five lights in front of his face, while he was wide awake. The lights for him were 'whitey/blue'.
Now I didn't suddenly just "remember" or "mentally change" this after reading the above, but I just wanted to point out that when I said: "I turned to my left, and noticed a formation of lights low in the sky. I recall looking on with horror that I'd seen this before, and verbally "punished" myself for not remembering..."

This is actually inaccurate, and upon re-reading what I'd wrote several times (and before EsoQuest or Lucy even posted) I realised that this "pattern of five lights" [Edit: my mistake, I was thinking of it in terms of a pentagram: a five pointed star] in the dream, were in my face too, but I just thought "Oh it doesn't really matter". So this adds even more strangeness to the dream if others are coming up with similar elements. EsoQuest, is it possible to ask this friend something further about these "whitey-blue" lights, and did he in fact describe them exactly as such? If so, I'd be interested in some elucidation because my dream-memory was that the "light" was more like a liquid with a sort of milky-marbling effect.

His account was about 12 years ago, and I have long since been out of touch. This is really someone else, by the way, and not me trying to remain anonymous. The story is a bit more detailed though, because I had met a few more people in the same period with nose-bleeds and lost time, although this is the only one that experienced the lights. What strikes me interesting is that while the others did not experience the lights, they all had more than one ghost encounter to tell.

We were all gathered in my room at the time, listening to music and the conversation turned to the topic of high strangeness. I lived in Kent Ohio at the time, and the town itself is considered a denizen of apparitions, while a lot of people in Ohio that I knew had either witnessed a UFO or had some kind of abduction experience. Anyway, my friend Freddy was a level-headed physics student like myself, working his way through school. He was not into the "supernatural" or new age "stuff".

In fact, he began to describe the episode pretty nonchalantly, as if it was no big thing. Maybe it was the atmosphere, or the fact everyone was asking questions. Initially his memory of the lights was hazy, and he associated it with seeing a UFO. Since it was the really strange part of his story, we just kept asking him about it and kept focusing him on the details.

I am not clear on this, because the more Freddy focused on his memory of the lights the more disturbed he became. It seems there were other episodes of these lights that appeared. He finally said they were splayed out in front of his face and dominating his field of vision and they were five lights (not six as in your picture), but that also may not be accurate because he said that he associated the lights with a hand for some reason.

I also do not remember if he said they were rotating, flashing or just immobile. What all of us, including Freddy guessed was that this was somekind of hypnotic trigger that made him black out, and that somehow he was conditioned to respond to it. It seems that he "saw" these lights at different times in his life, and that they may be related to some original imprint event.

He said he knew he had something up his nose (pretty much in his cranium), but my memories are fuzzy as to whether he had X-rays to confirm it or not, or whether it was a memory of being implanted. He also seemed to associate the lights with the presence of shadows, that may have been people or "something else", and this "something else" scared the hell out of him.

In most cases, he was alone, but he told us of a black-out where he saw the lights when his brother was present. His brother told him he just froze in place, and unfortunately I do not remember how long he was frozen. The more he focused on the remembering the lights the more of the experience(s) he would remember, but he could only go so far before he just started balling and we had to back off and calm the guy down. I do remember he said the lights were bluish-white to be precise or blue/white, that they had a pentagonal or evenly spaced circular pattern and that he associated them with an outstretched hand for some reason.

Like I said, the narrative started as a UFO experience, and when we kept asking, it turned out to be something else. I remembered this to the extent that I do now right after I saw the diagram of the lights, although I had forgotten the episode for years, which surprized me.

I am just presenting the account as I remember it, and will leave the interpretation up to you. I hope it helps.

PS I re-read your message above and noticed the part of the lights being marble-like and milkey. I hesitate to give 2nd hand descriptions here, because my memory is hazy here. Freddy kept associating the configuration with the number 5, as if it was significant, and somehow I believe he kept implying that this was not just a configuration of five lights but something more, as if the symmetry itself was where the deeper meaning was. That is all I can say without wondering if my imagination is adding to the information.

Craig said:
Hi everyone,
Some very interesting replies...
Lucy said:

As the object moved away and I realized it was leaving the area, and thought to myself, "come back here, I want to get a good look at you." At that moment it suddenly changed direction and headed straight for me. It went directly over me, very low, and I looked up at it, squinting my eyes and trying to see what it looked like, but the lights were too bright, obscuring the shape of the object for the most part.
Craig said:
Lucy your description of this event kinda perturbed me, or maybe "disturbed" is a more appropriate word. I suppose it centers around the apparent height this light was over you: "very low"? How low would you say approximately? If you're talking about 50ft-100ft or so, then it's as if I find your account somewhat lacking in what I'd term a normal dose of emotional content/emotive words. I wonder, is your mind repressing something? That's the impression you gave me, as if you were maintaining a "distance".
Hi Craig,
First: It was around the height of a three story building...so what would that be...maybe 50-60 feet? (I'm terrible at figuring distance.) Now about your observation: I got a funny feeling when I read your comment because you're right...I sound too calm and detached, or uninvolved. It has been a couple of years now, and it could be that my calm rendition is because it's no longer 'new' but I admit there could be another kind of "distance" going on....there 'probably' is!

Lucy said:
At that moment I heard a low humming sound, like a motor, but not a strong motor. The humming seemed too weak and too slow, not 'correct' for a plane. I watched it move off and then stop, seeming to hang over the trees in the distance, lights back to white only. And then after awhiole it 'flew' away. The up-close part of the 'sighting' only lasted a few seconds.
Craig said:
There have been many UFO-encounter case studies where people describe a low humming sound, usually when ascending or setting off again, having stopped. Also Anne mentioned something startlingly similar, see above.
Yea, that's another reason I decided to share, because of the similarities. But, I wasn't sure if my experience was relevant so I kept it short (self-doubt), leaving out some details. I'm wondering now if my doubt about relevancy is another indication of "distance."

Lucy said:
Craig said:
This is clearly the manifestation of your mind trying to rationalise and ease the negative emotional energy, or so I think. One problem I've experienced is absolute self-doubt, even at times (like the "predator experience" last night) just wondering whether it even happened! The situations are so surreal and sometimes "reality-destroying" (let's face it, nothing beats the actual experience of a once intellectual topic) that we do go into denial, even when we think we have a steady head on our shoulders.
Maybe more so for us "steady-headed types," who've spent most of our lives valuing the rational response, if you know what I mean. Now, I KNOW it was high strangeness, and yet there is this urge to downplay it. Also, it's as though the whole thing happened in 'such a way' as to actually 'give' me some 'outs' if that's what I wanted...like it was playing with me somehow.

Lucy said:
That night as I was going to bed I experienced/heard a buzzing sound and sensation, it made me think of an insect being trapped inside my head and buzzing back and forth very quickly, only there was also an artificial 'electric' quality to it.
Craig said:
I've also heard this buzzing sound which I described as several bumble-bees in my bedroom early one morning. Only, I wasn't satisfied with that because like you say, it doesn't "convey" the electric quality to it.
That buzzing was/is totally unique and uncomfortable to me. It has a foreign and invasive quality to it. In fact, that part of the experience upset me more than the actually sighting itself. To tell the truth, and this isn't easy to 'say'...it was as though my mind was being scanned by something buzzing around inside it, which was horrible. It made me angry and I remember gritting my teeth and trying to 'evict' it. It still happens to me every once in a while, but in a much milder form, and only for very short periods of time. I always 'dread' it when it happens and 'try to push it out'...as I did that night.

Lucy said:
Craig said:
Well I want to clarify something due to EsoQuest's post, where he writes:
EsoQuest said:
He said that the last thing he remembered before the black out was seeing such a pattern of five lights in front of his face, while he was wide awake. The lights for him were 'whitey/blue'.
Craig said:
Now I didn't suddenly just "remember" or "mentally change" this after reading the above, but I just wanted to point out that when I said: "I turned to my left, and noticed a formation of lights low in the sky. I recall looking on with horror that I'd seen this before, and verbally "punished" myself for not remembering..."

This is actually inaccurate, and upon re-reading what I'd wrote several times (and before EsoQuest or Lucy even posted) I realised that this "pattern of five lights" [Edit: my mistake, I was thinking of it in terms of a pentagram: a five pointed star] in the dream, were in my face too, but I just thought "Oh it doesn't really matter". So this adds even more strangeness to the dream if others are coming up with similar elements. EsoQuest, is it possible to ask this friend something further about these "whitey-blue" lights, and did he in fact describe them exactly as such? If so, I'd be interested in some elucidation because my dream-memory was that the "light" was more like a liquid with a sort of milky-marbling effect.
The lights I saw seemed like huge balls that were undulating and strobing, and there was a quality to them that's hard for me to describe. I suppose the best I can come up with is that they were beside each other, and yet they were overlapping, or the strobing made them blend together somewhat around the edges. And, now that I think about it, I remember getting an impression that I was seeing them as spheres. Also, as for shape: They, the colored lights, formed a vaguely rectangular shape, but without hard edges, so it could also be described as a boxy shaped oval. Yea, I know, thanks Lucy for the incredible clarity here. :D

Okay...confession...my original 'telling' was abbreviated and left out some details...which perhaps I should elaborate on. So here goes.....

*I was with my sister, in a car, and we both saw 'it'...although not exactly the same (details about that below).

*We first spotted a bright white cluster of lights from a distance while in a car driving on an empty highway at night.

*At first they appeared to be in a longish verticle diamond shape and were on the right side of the road, and, since we were out in the country on a road we travel a lot, we knew they were in a place they didn't belong.

*I was the passenger, and I asked the driver (my sister) if some new kinds of lights had been installed that I didn't know about. They appeared from a distance to be close to the ground rising upwards like a very tall light pole. My sister admitted she'd been wondering about that, was as surprised as me, and said she couldn't imagine what they could be. At that moment we both had fixed our attention on the lights, and that's when they rose up, turned from a verticle position to a horizontal position and started moving like a small plane going very slow. They moved across the highway and to the left of us.

*Shocked, we pulled over to the side of the road and watched as 'it' circled around the area, and discussed what 'it' could be. We realized 'it' was too large to be a small plane, and going too slow. Also the course was basically circular in nature, but erratic. The speed was also erratic. Mostly slow, but sometimes it would have a spurt of speed, and then slow back down.

*We started driving again and ended almost following 'it' along the highway, 'it' was still to our left, mostly kind of circling around the area, but overall was moving the 'circles' in the same direction we were going.

*Just as we got to our turn-off 'it' was suddenly moving away, was speeding up going to the left, while we turned to the right. We had the impression it had 'decided' to leave. Instead of driving on home, we stopped the car, turning it around so we could watch 'it'.

*That's when I started thinking that I really wanted to know what it was. It was as though I felt it had been teasing me, and I would say I actually mentally challenged 'it' to come back so I could get a good look. That's when it stopped, hovered for a few seconds near the horizon, and then changed direction, moving straight towards us.

*Now we were getting nervous, terrified actually. And although I was afraid, I also had this strange sense of determination, as though I was making a decision not to let myself chicken out. My sister said she wanted to leave, but I insisted we stay. It felt like a contest, me against 'it'...and I wasn't going to back down.

*As it came over the car, moving diagonally from right to left, we both rolled down our windows, stuck out our heads, and looked up at the underside of it which, as low as it was, we should have been able to see very clearly, but couldn't because of the brightness and the undulating pulsing of the lights. ALSO-this is the first time we saw the lights in color, up until then they had been bright white. And I'm realizing now that in the two years I've had this 'memory' this is the first time I've realized, or admitted, that it makes no sense that only when it passed over us did we see the colors, and the rest of the time it was only white! Makes no logical sense! Gee, it only took me two years to figure that out???

*My sister asked me if I could hear anything, and as I was saying no the thought came into my mind that I should be able to, and that's when I could suddenly hear the motor type sound, although it was obviously inappropriate for a plane or helicoptor.

*It seemed to be about 20' by 35' in size, with the suggestion of a 'body' behind all the lights. It didn't seem to have much depth.

*After it moved over us and away, we shut the windows, lit cigarettes, and calmed back down a bit. As we started talking about what we'd seen when we'd looked up at it we realized we'd both seen something different, and the sounds we were describing didn't match. We'd looked at the same thing at the same time, and yet had each had different sightings. She'd perceived it as a triangular shape, and for me it was a boxy-oval-pontune-boat shape. Very freaky. The one thing we absolutely agreed on is the colored lights 'underneath' it.

*Then we turned the car around to drive the rest of the way home, and that's when realized that off in the distance (6-8 blocks away) the original lights were there again, hovering at about treetop level. As though it was watching us. Once again it was a horizontal diamond shaped mass of bright white clustered lights. No colors.

*We drove home, parked the car, got out, and watched it for awhile while it just hovered there maybe 10 minutes. Then it started moving again, very slowly, and came towards our house. That's when I decided to go in, I didn't want to look at it again up close...all my feelings of challenge, bravado and determination were gone. My sister though stayed outside and watched as it went right over the driveway, higher this time, maybe 100 feet. And she said the lights were all white underneath it this time, no colors, and there was no discernable sound. She watched until it suddenly streaked off, moving very fast, and it went out of sight.

*We felt strange and unsettled for the rest of the evening...talking, comparing notes, and going over and over it. Then when I was trying to go to sleep I had the loud electrical/insect type buzzing thing in my head. My sister didn't experience that. But we both had pink eye the next morning, but mine was worse than her's, in fact I think she only had it in one eye, and I had it in two eyes. We talked it over and realized I may have been closer and had a longer direct look at it when it passed over the car, that it had started it's pass over us closer to my side of the car.

*There wasn't any noticable loss of time. The whole thing did seem strangely "interactive" to both of us, and we wondered if it had somehow read our minds...responding to what we were thinking.

So yes, I'm thinking it's very likely that what I'm describing is actually a screen memory...which means I don't consciously remember what I 'really' saw that night. And that's just not a very pleasant thought.

It was Craig's diagram of the lights that triggered my sense of connection between his experience and mine, and I'm thinking that's significant. There's something about those lights. I looked straight up at them as hard as I could trying to see 'behind' them. Full frontal exposure to "what?"
Note this sequence:
1/white light cluster got my attention
2/interaction; I 'want' to see it; actually issue challenge
3/colored strobes
4/humming motor sound
5/buzzing in head
6/pink eye.
7/denial and a certain amount of cognitive dissonance.

Yikes! Sounds like programming!

Any ideas, comments or questions anyone?

Lucy

Lucy said:
It was Craig's diagram of the lights that triggered my sense of connection between his experience and mine, and I'm thinking that's significant. There's something about those lights.
The experience I described (which was not mine), was completely forgotten for years. And when I saw Craig's diagram it just popped full blown into my head as: "Wow, that's the same thing Freddy saw". And then I was wondering where THAT came from out of the blue. I had to think a bit to remember my encounter with Freddy.

The thing is, as soon as he remembered the lights (which were right in front of his face and I would say small enough to fit at the pad of your fingertips), the guy was just oozing out cognitive dissonance. When I had my one UFO experience, it was like looking at the twin afterburners of a jet through binoculars all of the sudden jump out and turn into five lights in a circle. I shook myself out of it because something was not right and I was feeling dizzy and the lights went back to being two. If I let myself concentrate they would start jiggling as if trying to make me see them a certain way.

Abducted or not maybe more people than we would like to think have at least had one encounter with this phenomenon, and either forgot it (or it was wiped) or just did not consider it important. In Freddy's case it was more than just an encounter with lights. Somebody was seriously messing with the guy, but perhaps in others it does not necessitate abduction. There may be mental influence, or no influence at all.

Maybe "someone" will one day pop up the pattern in the sky and on our TV's and we will all be zombies from then on. What a horrifying thought! :O

Hi Lucy, EsoQuest, everyone,

Well this is certainly getting creepier by the minute, isn't it? Alongside this, both me and Anne are describing similarly themed elements of a dream - a "spinning moon" - within almost an exact year between them; then there were some comments and extracts given by Saman in relation to the "predator experience" I had literally twelve hours after the UFO/Alien dream. But I'll post that in a minute.

Lucy said:
First: It was around the height of a three story building...so what would that be...maybe 50-60 feet? (I'm terrible at figuring distance.) Now about your observation: I got a funny feeling when I read your comment because you're right...I sound too calm and detached, or uninvolved. It has been a couple of years now, and it could be that my calm rendition is because it's no longer 'new' but I admit there could be another kind of "distance" going on....there 'probably' is!
Well the time factor is certainly understandable, but the additional information you provide - plus what I would consider to be a very low "flying" object - maybe there's a good chance of further distancing having to do with psychological comfort. But of course, I'm no expert. All I can say is sit down and write out every strange occurrence that has ever happened to you throughout your life (though, there's a huge advantage when it is happening right now), as detailed as possible and observing with as much precision as you can maintain, subtle decisions made - such as, what you feel should be left out for whatever reason. Perhaps ask other family members (particularly your sister if possible) if they remember anything. But obviously, the way you go about it depends on how open and what "type" of person you're talking to.

Now, I KNOW it was high strangeness, and yet there is this urge to downplay it. Also, it's as though the whole thing happened in 'such a way' as to actually 'give' me some 'outs' if that's what I wanted...like it was playing with me somehow.
If it seemed like it was responsive to your thought-processes, then I'd definitely say it was "playing with you." But let's say it was some sort of alien-craft, I obviously cannot say "who" they have access to, sort of thing. Was it particularly there for you and your sister to see (at least)? Then I'd ask, what is the benefit for them merely to be seen, particularly when we know there are thousands, if not millions of accounts of abduction. But it is so confusing of an issue and so ambiguous perhaps, that it's difficult to discuss.

At the very least, you can acknowledge exactly what you wrote: it was an event of high strangeness that produced a certain "amount" of emotional shock so as to urge a response of wanting to "downplay" it; perhaps something additional to what you consciously recollect occurred (although this is not known), and one that has many similar elements with reports of UFOs (perhaps alien-less at this point) and maybe alien abduction. You can speculate, as long as you are aware that it is just speculation. That's the benefit in writing it down as fully as you can (ideally at the time) because as EsoQuest points out, sometimes - and there is probably a good chance of it too - we may mix imagination with what actually happened. I mean, when I wrote about the haunted house, there were certain things I had to change because when I asked my mother about it, she said different and I happened to remember that indeed, I'd embellished certain things. Or actually, put some events together by association. We really cannot trust ourselves most of the time, or so I think.

So yes, I'm thinking it's very likely that what I'm describing is actually a screen memory...which means I don't consciously remember what I 'really' saw that night. And that's just not a very pleasant thought.
But you've got to remember that there is also a chance that there was no screen-memory at all, there may have been no abduction. This isn't shoving things under the rug - which I've observed many "deceptive" 'I's within us can claim, perhaps because they think it is exciting - but putting the Driver in its right position. It's about awareness of possibilities, but having no emotional attachment to either when the necessary data is lacking. At least, that's the best way I go with it.

As a side-issue, and one which seems strangely synchronistic with the dream (and what I didn't put together right away), Saman posted a few extracts from the Cs in response to a horrifying "glimpse of a predator" I had the other day. I wrote:

Craig said:
About thirty minutes ago I had a most strange, unanticipated and horrifying thing happen. In fact, that doesn't even come close to how terrible it was. I was just sat here at the computer adding some more comments into my journal and mulling over some recent negativity with my mother - a sort of draining feeding session of egos over petty issues - when I kind of "asked" (although it was more of a desire) to SEE behind the dynamic, particularly my own behaviour.

Well how to describe the horrifying image! It was as if I'd stuck my head into the dark open cage of my being, and was confronted with an absolutely vicious ravening beast snapping back at me. I had the feeling of pure and utter evil, selfishness and degradation. But it wasn't as "separate" as my description suggests, I KNEW that this was in ME and I physically wanted to be sick. But the impression was so instantaneous - talking about a second here - that the effects dissipated fairly quickly. I also realised at that precise moment, that I'd perceived something close in my dreams of some other people. Funnily enough, I have one distinct recollection of SEEING my mother as this crooked EVIL predator. I couldn't really look at her the same way for a few days after.

This couldn't come at a more synchronous time. Because last night, I was skim-reading "In Search of the Miraculous" while lying in bed, and came across a reference where Gurdjieff promises to described everybody's chief-feature at a later time.

I then "asked" (can't really come up with a good enough description - sincere desire?) what mine was and it seems the most random adjective popped into my mind: "brazen". I can't even say for sure that I even knew what it meant, although I'd heard it before. Well, it was the most apt description of my false-personality, or the most mechanical 'I's that are usually dominating. To cut a long story short, I'm very angry at the mother that I used to love and adore, because I've gradually begun to SEE that she is little more than a narcissistic vampire, perhaps even having ruined the relationship with my father from the start. But that is a whole other issue.

Has anybody ever experienced anything similar, particularly to such a shocking magnitude? I'm sure I'd read of something occurring like this, but can't seem to come up with any specific references.

If not, and if this was a legitimate objective moment of SEEING, (perhaps from the consciousness of the Real 'I'?), then I can probably guarantee that no matter what, you will be absolutely horrified. And this was merely a "flash". I don't think I could have even handled it any longer.

Needless to say, however unpleasant, it hardens my resolve to expose and tame this BEAST within me.
Well I just wanted to add to this the following comments: it seems I had a knee-jerk reaction to this instantaneous experience as if I quickly backed away. One other weird thing about it is that I can barely remember the feeling it gave me; all I know it that it happened. Anyway, Saman posted the following segments from the Cs:

Saman said:
Q: (L) Well, what do we do about these essence parts of ourselves? I mean, I don't like it that there may be something of the predator in me. I would like to not have it, or get rid or it, or transform it, or whatever.
A: Wait and see.
Q: (L) Well, am I going to have to remember myself doing things like that in order to come to terms with it?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) Is that going to happen to me that I am going to have memories like that surfacing?
Q: (L) Well, I can't even cope with it in someone else, how am I going to deal with it in myself?
A: You will.
Q: (L) Is this something we are all going to have to do?
A: All eligible.
Q: (L) And who is eligible?
A: 4th density candidates.
And then this:

Saman said:
Q: (L) Are these aspects of our being coming to earth as part of the realm border crossing?
Q: (L) Are all of us going to have to face these aspects of ourselves as other beings?
Q: (L) Are there other parts of us in all realms doing other things at this moment?
Q: (L) And how is this going to be affected by the realm border crossing?
A: Will merge.
Q: (L) Do we need to do extensive hypnosis to bring these aspects of ourselves up and deal with these things a little at a time?
A: Will happen involuntarily. Will be like a thermonuclear blast.
Now put this in conjunction with the alien dream (my mother responded to the description of the horrible ugly woman by saying: "that sounds like me [laughing]" - in reference to the description of "overweight" that is - but I wonder whether it was a subtle clue? I've certainly had this feeling of "evil" before when dreaming of her as a "hunched over" and crooked predator) and the "characters" equating to those traveling on the realm-border crossing, and the discussion in the extract of "aspects of our being" and it seems awfully coincidental!

But what else is new? So I'm wondering, did I see a part of my essence? What about the teddy-bears in their acrobatic stance of the letter "P"? Predator, perhaps?

How confusing . . . :(

Edit: No sooner had I posted this, that I got this unrecognisable firewall message. Any techies about?

Craig said:
Now put this in conjunction with the alien dream (my mother responded to the description of the horrible ugly woman by saying: “that sounds like me [laughing]” - in reference to the description of “overweight” that is - but I wonder whether it was a subtle clue? I’ve certainly had this feeling of “evil” before when dreaming of her as a “hunched over” and crooked predator) and the “characters” equating to those traveling on the realm-border crossing, and the discussion in the extract of “aspects of our being” and it seems awfully coincidental!

But what else is new? So I’m wondering, did I see a part of my essence? What about the teddy-bears in their acrobatic stance of the letter “P”? Predator, perhaps?

How confusing…
I guess a rose by any other name...

IMO it seems we can tack on different reality frames to the same experience, and the challenge lies to choose not the "correct" frame, but the one that is most useful to our development. In terms of usefulness an experience (especially of "high strangeness") is there to tell us something, and we often loose the value of the message when sticking to certain modes of interpretation. All the modes of interpretation may be correct, and some may fit our reality box more than others. Those that seem more "realistic", however, may not be the most useful.

The C's dialogue you posted from Saman, as I see it, is probably the most useful way to approach these experiences. I don´t want to indulge in interpreting someone else´s experiences, but given my own dreams and visions of the predator(s) within, I can say that border crossing implies a merger of fragments, and that a lot of psychic stress is due to learning what this means, how it is manifesting, and how to accomplish it.

Let me put it this way: I have a certain individuality, an "I" through which I identify myself. This "I"works very well for me in my life. Within this matrix of self-identification, assuming that I am not as mechanical as the average human, and have recognized my truest "I", there are many other aspects orbiting in my sense of self, some of which I am aware of and some not.

The point is that all these aspects are still part of my conscious/subconscious identity. I can observe with a little work that ocean of "I"'s and still recognize them, no matter how fringe they may be presented, as parts of myself, even as they emerge from subconscious depths, and ultimately with some work I can integrate them.

However, there is a whole OTHER category of "I"'s that are off floating in some "elsewhere", now gravitating toward the central Me, because of the Border Crossing dynamic, but as far as I'm concerned they are alien. Being completely divorced from the sustenance of the central I, they are also usually ugly and predatory because they are starved and warped from their alienation.

When you have a lot of people relating to each other they also tend to reflect these approaching "I"'s through their relationships, each likely interpreting queues of the other in terms of what they sense from the approaching predators and acting accordingly (along with all the rest of the other complex motivating factors involved in human interactions).

The last thing we know how to do is identify with these aspects. It is like a new planet coming into the orbit of the sun. All the other planets in the solar system would have to accomodate their orbits, and that would cause major disruptions. Any life on earth would be seriously strained if such a thing happened. At the same time, not only does this frozen seemingly dead body come into the solar system, but it does so that its icey surface can melt, an atmosphere can form, and the possibility of life can be open to it.

This is how I view the way these alienated aspects from "elsewhere" are coming in. That they are coming in cannot be helped, and is really a good thing because it allows us to become more than we thought we were even if we have integrated everything in the personal subconscious around the central "I".

Normally one would think: "Hey! Let me deal with my personal stuff, and then I can see what I can do to accomodate these exiled parts of me that look like alien mutants." So it is strange and confusing because these predatory aspects, which in my view are more starving than actual predators, are parts of us, but at the same time there is nothing that we can reference within ourselves that would make them recognizable as such.

So building bridges without having the hungry aspects devour what would naturally support them is a challenge, as is converting the alien otherness of those aspects to a real aspect of self that fits in with the rest without disrupting the "I" matrix, as a new planet would disrupt all the existing orbiting bodies in the solar system.

Well, I hope I don't sound like I'm rambling here. It's just that it is a powerful lesson and it seems there are no experienced teachers regarding something like this, so we are challenged to teach ourselves.

Forgive me for the misplaced movie recommendation. Doesn't this sound a lot like "The Dark Crystal"? Not making light of the situation here just that maybe Jim Henson was right on track and found a way to express it to all of us before his death.

The Dark Crystal (1982)

In this fantasy adventure, the Dark Crystal -- which served as the font of balance and truth -- cracked 1,000 years ago, beginning an age of chaos. To restore order to the planet, Jen, the last of the Gelfling race, begins a quest to find a missing shard and heal the crystal. If he doesn't complete his mission before the conjunction of three suns arrives, the evil Skeksis will rule forever. Muppets creators Jim Henson and Frank Oz co-directed.

REVIEWS

Jim Henson's classic fantasy involves Jen, the last of the Gelflings (although that, like many other things in the movie, isn't what it seems) and his quest to heal the Dark Crystal, whose shattering broke the world in two and brought on the reign of the evil Skekses. The insect-like Garthim soldiers will give younger kids nightmares; this isn't a muppet movie at all, but the effects are magnificent, the world imaginative. Trevor Jones' magnificent score enhances the mood wonderfully. Jen is a bit on the wooden side; his fears and doubts are never really adequately captured. There is a great deal of humor, and although the movie suffers a bit from "Star Wars" envy (it is very similar in tone and scope), it stands up surprisingly well today. Jim Henson's fertile imagination is much missed; a glimpse at this movie will show you why.

This movie is the ultimate in creation by Jim Henson. Based on Brina Froud's art (Labrynth was another colaboration of these two artists) Dark Crystal is an excellent story of how good can overcome evil. The stunning visuals, and expertly executed Muppet and puppeteering, combine to create a world that is all Henson's own. It's 1984 release really puts some of the effects if not ahead of the time at the very least in a realm all by themselves. It may be scary for young kids, however, this is not really meant for kids but an older audience. Henson intended this movie to show off everything he could do with a muppet, particularly in expression. Although Labryth is the more popular of the two "non-muppet" Henson films, I think Dark Crystal is by far the greater masterpiece. If you give it a chance it will really grow on you.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083791/ There is so much of everyday life in this movie even if your not a muppet. ;)

Most popular stories and myths conceal greater truths. The hero's quest is known in many forms and has much to teach us today. It's a teaching in action that touches the deepest parts of us, those pure parts that are evident in children and that we layer over with adult conditioning. If something can touch you the same way a story or myth touches a child, then the understanding can be truly profound. So the analogy was pretty on-the-money IMO :)

Back
Top Bottom