All About Fasting

If you think about it, the list of references are many.

Hercules and Delilah where Hercules stayed with Delilah is about him eating. He ate lots of food and lost his strength. He became weak, was captured, placed in a dungeon and given little food or garbage to eat. I figure he gave up on eating, regained his strength and tore the building down.

Looking for a third biblical reference, this came to mind.

Prior to Jesus's(Cesar's) supposed crucifixion, where he went into the desert, fasted for 40 days and 40 nights and did some supposed fantastic thing. It seems like fasting played an important part.

You see, they think that the world's people are unable to fast in this manner, total abstinence of food. They are correct with their thinking. There are a few exceptions who are thought of as crackpots by the majority.

I guess if the shoe fits, wear it!

I think I'm going to give this a try as soon as I find out what it consists of exactly. I don't agree with Dr. Valter's own diet (vegan pescetarian), but some of his papers are really interesting, and it doesn't have to be vegan at all.

Ditto. The longest I've fasted was 72 hours and it was on a long weekend. I'll see how I do on a 72-hour during a work week, and see if I can get it up to 120 or 168 hours (5 or 7 days). I'll probably be supplementing with quinton water and some soluble fibre (so my critters remain happy) throughout.

That puts a whole new slant on the biblical forbidden fruit. Eve gave food to Adam, then they fell out of paradise. As in he took the food and ate. It wasn't about sex as much as it was about eating. Apparently we will still need to procreate in 4D.

This seems like a bit of a non-sequitur, but it did remind me of a neat video made by Jonathan Pageau about communion. According to him, on a symbolic level eating, having sex, and gaining knowledge were the same thing: a combining of ourselves with something (or someone) external to us, and so transforming and growing. So legends about food can often by read in parallel as warnings about entangling ourselves with others for purely mechanical reasons, and also a warning against indulging in and believing lies, and so absorbing toxic elements that diminish our knowledge and being.

Since this thread is titled 'All About Fasting', I thought that perhaps sharing my experience could be useful too, although my protocol was rather unusual, so fwiw.

When I was a teenager (a schoolgirl), my parents sent me to a commercial clinic specialized in fasting where 99% of the patients were women who wanted to lose weight. I was a rare exception as my goal was not to slim down (I was thin), but to try this method and see if it helps to heal my ecsema/dysbiosis. Since none of the innumerous previous methods really worked for me, I agreed to this new experiment.

We were fasting for 10 full days, meaning that for 10 consequtive days we didn't eat anything at all, but we were drinking various drinks as prescribed by the doctors who were monitoring us all the way through. I must say that it wasn't too difficult in terms of hunger management: after a couple of days you get used to this fasting mode and you don't feel too hungry.

During that fasting period we also had a so-called 'liver cleansing' procedure. I don't remember all the details, but it included drinking olive oil, (some garlic?) and applying warmth to the liver area.

What surprised me in all that experience was that all participants still had quite regular and solid bowel movements even on day 10 without food. After 10 days we started eating small amounts of easily digestible food provided by the doctors (soups, etc.).

I lost about 10 kg in 10 days and weighted 32 kg (looked really skinny) when I left the clinic. As for my ecsema, unfortunately it didn't improve after the treatment, perhaps because my diet didn't change much afterwards (the doctor recommended me to add olive oil and ginger to my diet, which I did, but as I said that didn't heal my condition).

There were some other noticeable improvements though: better digestion (without constipation); more energy; better mood. Overall I do not regret this experience and find it interesting and useful. I would not want to repeat it though. As the doctors at the clinic admitted themselves, this method is designed for "lazy" people: those who eat whatever they want for the entire year and then arrive to the clinic to lose weight. The doctors actually recommended us to always follow a healthy diet instead of periodically applying their "shock therapy." Rare honesty for a commercial clinic. :-)

So I guess that's all about my experience in a nutshell. Please don't try this method at home, as it is pretty intense and should be monitored and guided by professionals.

Looking for a third biblical reference, this came to mind.

Prior to Jesus's(Cesar's) supposed crucifixion, where he went into the desert, fasted for 40 days and 40 nights and did some supposed fantastic thing. It seems like fasting played an important part.

You see, they think that the world's people are unable to fast in this manner, total abstinence of food. They are correct with their thinking. There are a few exceptions who are thought of as crackpots by the majority.

I guess if the shoe fits, wear it!

Well, yes, but it can and is often symbolic as well, so I would recommend not going overboard with it either. I wouldn't take the Bible so literally, personally. For some people, going on a long fast is VERY bad, for example, and there are other ways to do it more gently and safely. We know a man in town here who did a 40 day fast, and ended up at the hospital with kidney failure and lots of complications. So, never try something drastic before doing enough research and listening to your body, plus having the proper tests done prior to that so that you know it's safe.

So I guess that's all about my experience in a nutshell. Please don't try this method at home, as it is pretty intense and should be monitored and guided by professionals.

There is the block or the programming to keep us in line.

I am not sure if any professional on the face of earth would qualify or be able to guide a person properly. Possibly there are but somehow I think they would not be operating out of a clinic. That clinic and those professionals would not be allowed to operate by the control system.

I am sorry to say that for this, individuals are on their own. It will have to be a choice that you make. Kinda like if it killes me, I was already dead anyways.

You will need to push through the programmed in firewall blocks.

Chew, I am also aware of all the reasons why we can't do something like this. Isn't that self limiting or in a sense a block?

[...]
Chew, I am also aware of all the reasons why we can't do something like this. Isn't that self limiting or in a sense a block?

Win52, I just wanted to point out that her forum name is Chu, not Chew. I noticed you have done it a few times, so just wanted to make you aware of it.

I'm thinking the same way. A constant, easily accessible food environment seems to go against the natural order of things.

This also got me thinking of a debate that has been raging in the paleosphere comparing the diets of groups like the Masai and Inuit who ate a meat-based diet and people like the Kitavan Islanders who ate high carb. Both groups were lean and healthy. Maybe it's not so much the macros that they ate that kept them that way but maybe it was periodic deprivation of food?

Yes, periodic food deprivation is a good thing! What Jack Kruse has to say also fits. Light for the Masai and Kitavan, and Cold for the Inui, and grounding for all.

For some people, going on a long fast is VERY bad, for example, and there are other ways to do it more gently and safely. We know a man in town here who did a 40 day fast, and ended up at the hospital with kidney failure and lots of complications. So, never try something drastic before doing enough research and listening to your body, plus having the proper tests done prior to that so that you know it's safe.

Trying intermittent fasting is a very good option to start whit it, so reducing from 3 to 2 meals a day when you are not sure how your body is going to react because listening to the body is the best we can do, osit

Well, we can look at it like that, or also as an efficient way for the body to stay alive, if one listens to it. After all, it is a vehicle for the rest. We are in this physical reality, and unfortunately that means that we need to eat. The way we go about it is a personal choice, though.

Well, we can look at it like that, or also as an efficient way for the body to stay alive, if one listens to it. After all, it is a vehicle for the rest. We are in this physical reality, and unfortunately that means that we need to eat. The way we go about it is a personal choice, though.
That really makes me question what the Atlanteans did. Do we really need to eat? Or is that what keeps us here under control? They need us to think we need food?

I am still eating at least once a day, for now. The less I eat the more I see.

Many people have gone without food, intentionally or without a choice in the matter, and the results are plain to see. Why would you be a special case?

Even if it worked, what have you achieved? You found some cosmic loophole and apparently, everything you've been through up to now has just been preparing you to realize that starvation is the path to ascension. Isn't that actually rather bleak and cynical?

Many people have gone without food, intentionally or without a choice in the matter, and the results are plain to see. Why would you be a special case?

Even if it worked, what have you achieved? You found some cosmic loophole and apparently, everything you've been through up to now has just been preparing you to realize that starvation is the path to ascension. Isn't that actually rather bleak and cynical?

Since the 48 hour period, I have been eating daily once or twice. Enough for sustinence. I am going with my intuition. Not special.

What you say seems like a barrier or narrative that is being put in place, for whatever purpose. This barrier seems to have little or no effect on my path.

Break down the walls.

Since the 48 hour period, I have been eating daily once or twice. Enough for sustinence. I am going with my intuition. Not special.

What you say seems like a barrier or narrative that is being put in place, for whatever purpose. This barrier seems to have little or no effect on my path.

Break down the walls.

I see no need for any of you two (WIN 52 and monotonic) to get snappy at each other. Let's have a civilized discussion, eh? Monotonic just noticed a certain "flavor" in your posts and took them too literally, IMO even exaggerating the meaning of your words. But as I tried to explain to you earlier, WIN 52, it is sometimes noticeable when you go a bit overboard. It's good to get excited about a new discovery or hypothesis, but you have to be able to convey that that is it, and not that you are putting yourself in danger. Otherwise others are going to worry because they care about you. That's my take on it, FWIW.

Back
Top Bottom