All About Fasting

anartist

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
I'm thinking the same way. A constant, easily accessible food environment seems to go against the natural order of things.

This also got me thinking of a debate that has been raging in the paleosphere comparing the diets of groups like the Masai and Inuit who ate a meat-based diet and people like the Kitavan Islanders who ate high carb. Both groups were lean and healthy. Maybe it's not so much the macros that they ate that kept them that way but maybe it was periodic deprivation of food?
Yes, periodic food deprivation is a good thing! What Jack Kruse has to say also fits. Light for the Masai and Kitavan, and Cold for the Inui, and grounding for all.

jhonny

Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member
For some people, going on a long fast is VERY bad, for example, and there are other ways to do it more gently and safely. We know a man in town here who did a 40 day fast, and ended up at the hospital with kidney failure and lots of complications. So, never try something drastic before doing enough research and listening to your body, plus having the proper tests done prior to that so that you know it's safe.
Trying intermittent fasting is a very good option to start whit it, so reducing from 3 to 2 meals a day when you are not sure how your body is going to react because listening to the body is the best we can do, osit

Chu

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Chew, I am also aware of all the reasons why we can't do something like this. Isn't that self limiting or in a sense a block?
Well, we can look at it like that, or also as an efficient way for the body to stay alive, if one listens to it. After all, it is a vehicle for the rest. We are in this physical reality, and unfortunately that means that we need to eat. The way we go about it is a personal choice, though.

WIN 52

Jedi Council Member
Well, we can look at it like that, or also as an efficient way for the body to stay alive, if one listens to it. After all, it is a vehicle for the rest. We are in this physical reality, and unfortunately that means that we need to eat. The way we go about it is a personal choice, though.
That really makes me question what the Atlanteans did. Do we really need to eat? Or is that what keeps us here under control? They need us to think we need food?

I am still eating at least once a day, for now. The less I eat the more I see.

monotonic

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Many people have gone without food, intentionally or without a choice in the matter, and the results are plain to see. Why would you be a special case?

Even if it worked, what have you achieved? You found some cosmic loophole and apparently, everything you've been through up to now has just been preparing you to realize that starvation is the path to ascension. Isn't that actually rather bleak and cynical?

WIN 52

Jedi Council Member
Many people have gone without food, intentionally or without a choice in the matter, and the results are plain to see. Why would you be a special case?

Even if it worked, what have you achieved? You found some cosmic loophole and apparently, everything you've been through up to now has just been preparing you to realize that starvation is the path to ascension. Isn't that actually rather bleak and cynical?
Since the 48 hour period, I have been eating daily once or twice. Enough for sustinence. I am going with my intuition. Not special.

What you say seems like a barrier or narrative that is being put in place, for whatever purpose. This barrier seems to have little or no effect on my path.

Break down the walls.

Chu

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Since the 48 hour period, I have been eating daily once or twice. Enough for sustinence. I am going with my intuition. Not special.

What you say seems like a barrier or narrative that is being put in place, for whatever purpose. This barrier seems to have little or no effect on my path.

Break down the walls.
I see no need for any of you two (WIN 52 and monotonic) to get snappy at each other. Let's have a civilized discussion, eh? Monotonic just noticed a certain "flavor" in your posts and took them too literally, IMO even exaggerating the meaning of your words. But as I tried to explain to you earlier, WIN 52, it is sometimes noticeable when you go a bit overboard. It's good to get excited about a new discovery or hypothesis, but you have to be able to convey that that is it, and not that you are putting yourself in danger. Otherwise others are going to worry because they care about you. That's my take on it, FWIW.

BrendaH

Jedi
That really makes me question what the Atlanteans did. Do we really need to eat? Or is that what keeps us here under control? They need us to think we need food?

I am still eating at least once a day, for now. The less I eat the more I see.
Hi, WIN 52, I understand that you want to follow your intuition, but remember that our intuition isn't always right, we aren't perfect and as a consequence of it we are all the time being influenced by our programs. And also it would be really good if you take people with anorexia as an example, because in them we can clearly see the consequences of eating little, almost nothing. You can see the same thing in people who can't access food, and therefore don't eat properly. Also, if we pay attention to all the living beings around us, all of them need food to keep living. Otherwise they die.

With that being said, remember to pay attention to your body while you're doing your experiment.

genero81

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Hi, WIN 52, I understand that you want to follow your intuition, but remember that our intuition isn't always right, we aren't perfect and as a consequence of it we are all the time being influenced by our programs. And also it would be really good if you take people with anorexia as an example, because in them we can clearly see the consequences of eating little, almost nothing. You can see the same thing in people who can't access food, and therefore don't eat properly. Also, if we pay attention to all the living beings around us, all of them need food to keep living. Otherwise they die.
Yes, knowledge protects. And no knowledge is better than false knowledge. If one reads through the transcript that Chu posted, you see that the benefits are in the re-feeding after a relatively short fast.

Odyssey

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
I don't think there is any way around this whole eating thing. I do think that people can go longer than they think without eating (or drinking) but if you look around the planet, every being, plant and animal, consumes. That's just what we do.

WIN 52

Jedi Council Member
I don't think there is any way around this whole eating thing. I do think that people can go longer than they think without eating (or drinking) but if you look around the planet, every being, plant and animal, consumes. That's just what we do.
I am well aware of why we eat. It's been drilled into our heads since birth. Talk about mega programming.

Don't you wonder how this will go down? Especially the part where it always has been up to us? Do you wonder why someone would even consider something like this, other than the fact that they are bat poop crazy? In this world's eyes, anyone who follows this site is bat poop crazy. Yet we know a different story.

That could be why we fell. Not a sexual issue. It was all about eating food. The universe does not place importance on sexual issues, viewing them as lessons.

It becomes obvious that the programming is very well installed around the issue of eating. So, we sit here reading, doing and being till we cross over. All of that is fine with them. Start talking about quitting eating and bam you get called out from every side. It almost looks like the subject is closed. The programming around it doesn't allow for even considering possible options to whether or not food is the binding force keeping us here.

One hundred percent of the humans here probably would not be able to qualify for this. It would seem to be around fifty percent. In that sense, yes, half of the people need to eat or die. Without being able to clearly identify who is who, what can be done?

They say souled beings seems to be a group thing. Don't you wonder why certain countries populations are treated so heavily handed, starving and dying? Could that also be to put an exclamation point on eating?

This is quite complicated and yet so simple. The world says eat or die. It's not that hard to convince people this is the way we do things around here in 3D STS land.

Just keep eating! We are watching your every step. If you behave we will leave you alone. Step out of line and we will come down on you like a ton of bricks.

At least those are some of my thoughts about the issue.

Top Bottom