All For One and One For All

Gertrudes said:
So when I am ill or exhausted I notice that sometimes this little engine shuts down and I become more accepting of what IS without effort, rather then trying to change it, which in all honesty can be very relieving....

[quote author=Aleana]That’s interesting Gertrudes – I also have the hyperactive engine inside. I just run on fast speed at all times until I get tired and then collapse. Recently, I became more aware of that and noticed that when I try to practice “self-remembering”, my engine automatically slows down. It feels like some kind of program I have and I began wondering if it is a kind of running from something. So – I started trying to pay more attention to this because I realized that I was wasting a lot of energy.[/quote]

The same thing happens to me, it's like an edge has been rubbed off and I am more "open" (?) to what is.
I don't know if it's coming from repressing some part of me or if it's some form of hyper activity or hyper vigilance.
Maybe it's an unused energy that has to be used in some way, most often detrimental in the long run because it's not being used by the right center ?
Well I am thinking that if only I could use that energy for some usefull purpose :|

I also found that with the EE it has been less out of control, I still can feel like a hot wire inside sometimes, trying to do a lot of things at the same time like an octopus with only two arms and yet it seems like I have achieved nothing.

Sounds like a little lack of serotonin. Maybe 50mg of 5-htp at lunch and dinner will help?

Laura said:
Sounds like a little lack of serotonin. Maybe 50mg of 5-htp at lunch and dinner will help?

I am already taking 5HTP but it's true I sometimes forget to take it with my lunch so I will keep that in mind.
Thanks.

Laura said:

I thought of that as well. 5htp didn't seem to make much difference for me, although I am planning to try it again in higher doses. GABA did make a difference in terms of mood and concentration, but no difference in that "internal engine".

Tigersoap said:
I still can feel like a hot wire inside sometimes, trying to do a lot of things at the same time like an octopus with only two arms and yet it seems like I have achieved nothing

This gave me a good laugh! Pretty similar to how I feel, an octopus, but a speedy gonzalez octopus.

tigersoap said:
Maybe it's an unused energy that has to be used in some way, most often detrimental in the long run because it's not being used by the right center ?
Well I am thinking that if only I could use that energy for some usefull purpose :|

You might be right. I am very similar to my father in that hyper activity, only difference is that he lets it out quite obviously. The reason why I am mentioning my father is that I remember when I was a child having this feeling that he had all this tremendous amount of energy that he seemed unable to channel properly. As I grew older, I began to wonder if that isn't also my problem. It feels like a build up of energy that starts firing erratically in all directions. I do get things done, but I'm not sure about the quality of it though.

I really don't know whether this is due to a chemical unbalance in my body, wrong use of the centres, or both. I'll keep experimenting with my diet and supplementation, self observing and see where this takes me.

aleana said:
It feels like some kind of program I have and I began wondering if it is a kind of running from something.

Interesting aleana. I am questioning that myself.
I think I will start to pause for a moment when I catch myself in this state, and "listen" to what that inner engine is trying to say. Maybe it will have something to say, maybe it won't, but could be a start.

Gertrudes said:
aleana said:
It feels like some kind of program I have and I began wondering if it is a kind of running from something.

I think I will start to pause for a moment when I catch myself in this state, and "listen" to what that inner engine is trying to say. Maybe it will have something to say, maybe it won't, but could be a start.

It would be interesting to notice too if you try to still yourself, physically and your thoughts too, where do you feel the energy in your body and what it feels like. My 2 cents.

Alana said:
Gertrudes said:
aleana said:

It would be interesting to notice too if you try to still yourself, physically and your thoughts too, where do you feel the energy in your body and what it feels like. My 2 cents.

That's a good idea - i would like to know what center is generating all that excess energy or if one center is stealing energy from another - which is what i have suspected. i will try this and report my findings!

BTW - am taking both GABA and 5-HTP - since i have been taking both for several months, i really don't remember what changed. Sometimes, with so many diet/supplement changes and then practicing EE at the same time, i find it hard to discern what is responsible for certain changes in me!

Alana said:

Well, I've been noticing that for quite some time, this specific energy is always inside my chest, sometimes it goes up to the throat. When I am with my partner, I sometimes ask him to rub my chest to help clear up of what's going on inside it. I don't know why really, but it I just feel like having it rubbed. After he's done it for some time I usually feel a relief.

aleana said:
Sometimes, with so many diet/supplement changes and then practicing EE at the same time, i find it hard to discern what is responsible for certain changes in me!

Same with me!

Laura said:
What about hormones?

Speaking for myself, I think that's a good possibility. Coincidentally today I've requested for exams to have my thyroid checked. I don't know how to check for the others, but will do some research.

I just went to the Doctor to have my blood checked and also look at my thyroid levels. It's been a couple of years and thought it was time. The other reason is that i read that book by TS Wiley "Truth, Lies, and Menopause" discussed here: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=18043.0

I wanted to know if he thought i should be on a lot more hormones - consensus was probably not right now. Will post details on that thread. Still waiting to get results from blood test, but he did a microscopy in the office and my blood looked really good. No real evidence of candida, parasites and red/white cells looked good. Have to say this really made me happy as five years ago - it was a very different story. For anyone who wants to know - all the work with diet/detox/supplements REALLY works. It is so worth having to make all those changes to my diet.

BTW - in the past few days since posting on this thread, i have noticed that i have really slowed down that engine. It is funny how just becoming aware of something can make a difference. This tendency to do everything fast seems to run in my family, so i don't know if it's a genetic thing or just a learned way of coping with unpleasantness. The idea being if you keep moving fast enough - whatever it is can't catch up. Of course, that is mostly unconscious - so once awareness is there, it doesn't seem to manifest.

On a side note, I have five planets in air signs - wonder if that has anything to do with it. I sure don't like to sit still for long! :P

Laura said:
The fact is that we do have a tool to work with and even if it seems small and innocuous in the face of all the powers arrayed against us, just think of Dorothy and the witch... she just used a bucket of water to put out a fire... and look what happened!

And note, it was Dorothy's outrage at evil and her compassion for it's victim which activated her in-genius insight for using what was within reach--a familiar bucket of ordinary water, poured out completely, without reserve, that yielded an extra-ordinary result: saving a life by extinguishing the flames ignited by evil.

To take it a little further, water traditionally symbolizes birth, life, emotional power, and was often a symbol of the Holy Spirit (aka the Spirit of Truth) in the New Testament. In fact, the Greek word for "spirit" is also used for "breath" (pneuma).

So it seems that we have an interesting convergence of familiar things: birth, water, breathing, compassion, emotional power, spirit, truth, and life.

And recall, at the "end", after all of Dorothy's journeys and travails, as she pleaded, "I wanna go home!" Glenda, in her bubble of light and bliss, appeared to Dorothy and said, "Why, Dorothy, you've always had the power to go home! Just click your heels!" Wonder what the symbolism about heels is. Hmm . . . heels . . . heals? . . . hEEls ?

Here's a thought: "ordinary" air is within our reach, our lungs are "familiar," and Laura's in-genius insights about EE yields extra-ordinary results. Maybe we all have the power to "go home" if we just click our "hEEls" -- click on "EE" which "heals" ;)

JGeropoulas said:
Wonder what the symbolism about heels is.

How about just giving her something to focus on that reminded her of something that was always there but that she had been taking 'them' for granted? Feet? Shoes? Network? Some part of her that was always grounded?

I don't know, but the symbolism has always fascinated me. :)

I mentioned the hormone question because I noticed a particular frenetic state that came with my passage through menopause. I just took lots of Evening Primrose oil and Vitamin E capsules and it helped a lot. Having finished that passage, there is a certain calmness and perspective that I never had while I was subjected to all that hormonal fluctuation business. I was one of those who had the racing internal stuff for years too, by the way.

Ailén said:
Option 1: It needs the link to the EE website added

eeflyertest1.jpg

Any chance we could get a version of this with the EE website link added? I'd like to start printing them out and distributing them in my area if I can.

eeflyertest2.jpg

Here is one edited to fit the website address. Sorry, the font isn't the same so it may look slightly out of place, but it serves its purpose.

I'm thinking that I should put these up around the town where I live. So far I've done this program with two people that are close to me, and they have both had wonderful first experiences with it. I am also concerned that maybe I am not doing it correctly.

Back
Top Bottom