Alton Towers, Sir Francis Bacon and the Rosicrucians

Abbé Saunière and the Rosicrucians Part 2

In Part 1 of this Article, I focused on the Rosicrucians’ involvement in the mystery of Rennes-le-Chateȃu and Abbé Saunière’s putative links to them. This included his connections to the quasi-masonic Martinists, an organisation originally founded in the 18th Century, which shared many of the hallmarks of the Rosicrucians through their symbolism and teachings. Saunière’s affiliation to the Martinists can be gleaned from his personal bookplate, which depicts the Martinist symbol of two interlocking black and white triangles, representing the Seal of Solomon, an hexagonal version of the Tetragrammaton, which in Alchemy also symbolises the Philosopher’s Stone. We also looked at the possibility that Abbé Saunière had created a spiritualist centre at Rennes-le-Chȃteau, in keeping with Martinist beliefs that, with training and enlightenment, an initiate could contact the ‘unknown’ or the spirit world (necromancy).

Finally, we looked at Abbé Saunière’s potential connection to a strange organisation called The Hiéron du Val d'Or (founded in 1873), which, as a fervent royalist and culturally conservative body in its outlook, sought to erect a kind of Catholic hermetic freemasonry. Saunière, an arch monarchist, who had been punished by his local Bishop for making hostile attacks on the French Republic from the pulpit, would naturally have been drawn towards such an organisation. Indeed, some Rennes-le-Chateȃu researchers even believe that his membership of that organisation could have cost him his life.

In Part 2 of the article, I will look at other evidence that may connect Abbé Saunière to the Rosicrucians and I will explore in Part 3 whether he may have had other skeletons in his cupboard, which have not yet been given much attention. For this analysis, I am going to rely on an article published by the Rennes-le-Château researcher Andrew Gough – see: CATCH 22: THE GRAIL AND THE GROTTO | Andrew Gough
The Interior of the Church of Saint Mary Magdalene at Rennes-le-Château

Gough starts his article by pointing out that if the legend of Bérenger Saunière and Rennes-le-Château were an Inspector Morse or CSI episode, then the restorations that Abbe Saunière designed for his church and village would represent damning evidence for the prosecution. They are incredibly revealing and offer the most plausible application of Occam’s Razor. So, what do they include?

Saunière began restoring his church, home and grounds in 1891, funded by an initial donation from the Countess of Chambord, the same shadowy figure who funded Abbé Louis de Coma’s building projects, which were predominantly dedicated to Mary Magdalene and the remembrance of the biblical ‘Gethsemane’. We have previously looked in this thread at some of the decorations found in Saunière’s church, including the statues and the ’Stations of the Cross’, which seemed to contain hidden meanings within them. Indeed, the C’s made a cryptic remark that some of the clues in the church’s artwork were “gilded”.​

Q: Well, on the same subject: did Abbe Saunier put clues in the stations of the cross in the Church at Rennes-le-Chateau?

A: Some, but they are gilded.

Q: What do you mean by that?

A: You will see.

Gough then points out that Saunière’s most famous restoration is a statue of the devil, immediately to the left as one enters the church. It is believed to represent Asmodeus, keeper of secrets and guardian of treasure, most notably Solomon’s (which is curious given what we now know of King Solomon and Solomon’s Seal). Alternatively, it is said to represent Rex Mundi, the Cathar God of evil. Sceptics will state that this is not the only church to have a statue like this, but to date, they have only provided evidence of one other (just west of Carcassonne). We should note here that there is still a Cathar presence in the Langedoc, including the village of Rennes-le-Château, in modern times.

Beyond the statue, on the west face of the church interior, Saunière commissioned an extraordinary mural, which depicts the biblical Sermon on the Mount, where Christ preached on the beatitudes.
1656324105827.png
Mural of the Sermon on the Mount​

For Gough, what makes the mural special is the presence of a bag erupting with gold at the foot of the hill before Christ. Undisturbed by this provocative site, Christ’s beloved followers remain transfixed, devout in their adoration and seemingly oblivious to the gold! Most people interpret this as evidence of a hidden treasure in the region of Rennes-le-Château. However, Gough believes that the real treasure is spiritual, not physical, as vindicated by the fact that Christ’s followers appear to ignore the gold completely. This point makes me think here of what the C’s said in the transcripts about the ‘Fall of Man’ and going after the gold.
1656324175495.png
The Bag of Gold​

Gough then tells us that the Stations of the Cross are also suggestive of concealed knowledge. He states that while most are standard, albeit unusually lavish (being the most expensive versions available, purchased from the same manufacturer that provided the west wall fresco), some have been personally modified by Saunière and his trusted advisors. And the modifications are very unusual. For instance, one depicts a night scene, complete with a full moon, of Christ being taken down from the cross. The implication is that Christ never died on the cross. Another station hints at treasure concealed in local mines.​

Gough then adds that these are a mere warm-up for clues Abbé Saunière left closer to the altar, and beyond.

1656324333254.png
In the station of the cross shown above, where Christ is taken down from the Cross, Saunière has added the night and moon to a traditional day scene. Why did he do this?

Gough then tells us that dramatically, Abbe Saunière has selected and arranged the order of the Saints statues within his church to imply the presence of the Holy Grail.

Intriguingly, he points out that the first letter of each Saint’s name spells out G R A A L, which is the French for Grail! The sequence of Saints goes like this:

* St Germaine
* St Roch
* St Antoine de Padoue
* St Antoine
* St Luc

Furthermore, the configuration of the statues apparently forms a large, albeit disproportionate shaped ‘M’, and seems to represent Mary Magdalene, as depicted below:

1656324381508.png
As I have ventured before, I believe that Mary Magdalene may just be a cypher for the Holy Grail, which is the real mystery of Rennes-le-Château, rather than the ‘Sang Réal’, the bloodline of Christ. Referring to St Germaine’s statue again, it is curious that in the Session 28 November 1998 (see more below on this session), the C’s responded to a question about the local stone beehives huts at Rennes-le-Château by saying this was not “germaine”.​

Q: (M) What are the beehive huts in the area?

A: Not germaine.

Once again, we see the C’s using the unusual spelling of the English word “germane”, a word which means relevant to a subject under consideration. This is a clue the C’s have used on several occasions. We have explored, for example, its possible connection with the infamous Comte de Saint Germain, who far from being the eccentric 18th century French nobleman, fraudster and fop that history paints him as, may well have been a leading Freemason/Rosicrucian with strong links to the cause of the Stuart claimants to the throne of Britain. He may have even played a crucial part in the American Declaration of Independence in order to help create the dream of Francis Bacon’s New Atlantis (see my earlier posts). However, I wonder whether in this case, the C’s could be drawing our attention to this sequence of statues in the church at Rennes-le-Château, in which, starting from St Germaine’s statue, you have a message being spelled out in the word “GRAAL”. Afterall, it was the Rosicrucians who moved like a “thief in the night” against the Templars in order to lay their hands on the Grail. I would make one further observation and that is whether the odd shape of the letter “M” displayed here could possibly be a reference to a star map, a particular constellation perhaps? As the C’s said:

“A: Just look. Now folks, remember: Rennes-le-Chateau is a means, not an end. Sort of like unlocking the trunk, expecting to find the gold, and merely finding a map.”

One last but important point which Gough makes on the statues in the church is to point out that the statue of Saint Anthony stands opposite the statue of Mary Magdalene. Their respective feast days are the 17th and 22nd; numbers that reoccur throughout the Rennes-le-Château legend.

Gough then tells us that as you move towards the east of the church, your attention is immediately drawn to the alter painting of Saint Mary Magdalene in the Grotto. Saunière personally designed it, and Gough claims that it contains some very revealing details.

In the painting, Mary Magdalene is seen on her knees, staring at a long wooden cross, or an ‘X’. Her hands are crossed in a peculiar fashion, forming what appears to be a swastika, which we know was once an ancient sacred symbol, before it was appropriated by the Germans in the Second World War.
1656324672989.png
Abbe Saunièrs altar painting – the Magdalene in the Grotto
In her book, The Woman with the Alabaster Jar, Margaret Starbird, a recognised expert in the sacred feminine and Mary Magdalene in particular, highlights the symbolism of the ‘X’ in classical art. Starbird concludes that it is a sign of concealed esoteric knowledge, meaning quite literally, ‘X’ marks the spot. On this basis, I wonder if the esoteric X she speaks of is what lies behind the well-known ‘Skull and Crossbones’ emblem of Freemasonry.
1656324744869.png
So, what we apparently have here are four X’s. Gough asks, could Abbe Saunière have been trying to tell us that he has uncovered concealed knowledge and is preserving it for those with ‘eyes to see’?

However, it so happens that the C’s gave us a bit more detail about this concealed knowledge in the session dated 12 July 1997:

Q: Okay, in this relief painting done by Berenger Saunière in the church at Rennes le Chateau, Mary Magdalene is depicted as gazing hopefully or reverently at a tree branch formed into a cross, stuck in the ground. What kind of tree is it?

A: The “tree of life.”

Q: Well, I had a different idea... some people say it is an acacia tree. Are you saying it is not a genus, horticulturally?

A:
Genus is family tree.

Q: And what family is it a family tree for?

A: Check your Magna for lesson.

Q: My magna? What in the world? Okay, “blue apples:” Stones or grapes?

A: Why not both?

I suggested early on in this thread that the term “Magna” might be related to the famous declaration of the English Barons known as ‘Magna Carta’ (a sort of Bill of Rights) because of Laura’s English heritage. However, given their references to “blue apples”, “stones or grapes [of wrath]”, I now think the C’s are talking of ‘Magna Graecia’ (Greater Greece), the name given by the Romans to the coastal areas of Southern Italy in the present-day Italian regions of Campania, Apulia, Basilicata, Calabria and Sicily; these regions were extensively populated by Greek settlers.

The term Magna Graecia first appeared in PolybiusHistories, where he ascribed the term to Pythagoras and his philosophical school at Croton in Southern Italy. This last point might be the reason why the C’s referred to a “lesson”, since you obviously attend lessons in a school. The reference to “blue apples” and “stones or grapes” is absolutely loaded with meaning and I intend to deal with this in a separate post, once I have finished reading William Henry’sBlue Apples – A Search for the Lost Stargate Technology and Spiritual Teachings of Jesus and Mary Magdalene’. However, suffice to say for now that Pythagoras’s teachings play a part in this mystery [MJF: think here of Gary Osborn’s analysis of Poussin’s paintings, as set out in my earlier articles on ‘The Poussin Codes], as does the ‘Rose-Cross’ (see more below on this).

Gough then states that: - “clearly, we can see that Mary Magdalene and a Grotto are involved, but are the supporting clues symbolic or literal? As we take a closer look at the skyline in the background, we see what appears to be real structures, and they appear to be mirror images of actual buildings in the village of Rennes-le-Château. From the viewer’s right, we see can see:

1) A Mountain (Pech Cardou)
2) A Castle (Hautpoul residence)
3) A Tower (Tour Magdela)

A possible fourth landmark in the painting, on the viewers left, could either represent the adjoining tower to the Tour Magdela or the Church of Mary Magdalene.

He then points out that intriguingly, Saunière’s altar painting, which again he personally designed, would seem to point to the presence of Mary Magdalene in a Grotto just outside of Rennes-le-Château. Additionally, there is symbolic evidence of concealed knowledge.
1656324929228.png

Abbe Saunière’s Grotto of the Magdalene

Gough points out that the grotto outside of Abbé Saunière’s church is a much ignored and, in his view, a highly significant clue. The priest built the grotto with unusual stones that he gathered on his walks into the valley beyond the modern-day parking lot. He collected them in a rucksack and even built an extension to his church that allowed him to conceal his daily harvest from the villagers. Only he had a key.​

This strange activity of Saunière in collecting rocks was something the C’s commented on in the session dated 12 July 1997:

Q: Okay! I can accept that! What was Berenger Sauniere collecting all those rocks for?

A: What about conductor?

Q: What do you mean?

A: What conducts?

Q: Was he building a little Stonehenge?

A: Have you researched the power of Stonehenge, and how it relates... where it fits in?

Q: Yes, we are bit by bit collecting things...

A: Well? And crop circles? Amazing connections... And what of “The Rosy Cross?”

It is curious that the C’s should suddenly mention the “Rosy Cross” of the Rosicrucians here. In William Henry’s book, Blue Apples, referred to above, Henry points out that the Rose-Cross is associated with Jesus. However, he then tells us that it is much older than him. Indeed, he tells us that Sir Laurence Gardner [MJF: whose book the ‘Shadow of Solomon: The Lost Secret of the Freemasons’, I have referred to in previous articles] dates it to the time of Moses and the Pharaoh Tuthmosis III (c. 1468-1436 B.C.). Pythagoras (600 B.C.) and Plato (400 B.C.) picked up this golden thread which wound its way into the thinking of the Therapeutae, the powerful cult of healers who lived in Qumran at the beginning of the Age of Pisces. This leads me to believe that the C’s might have been pointing to Abbé Saunière’s connections to the Roscirucians (via the Martinists) and by extension perhaps to the Holy Grail.

Returning to Gough’s account of the grotto that Saunière constructed, he tells us that like the natural grotto in the cliff-side near where he collected the unusual stones, it was dedicated to Mary Magdalene. It contained a statue of The Magdalene, and a stone bench with the raised characters XXSLX written across the top. Sadly, the entire grotto was destroyed by treasure hunters, who were convinced it concealed a secret. It has since been rebuilt and the XXSLX is still intact, although nobody has come close to deciphering it. Perhaps we should ask the C’s.
1656325110312.png
XXSLX – just what does it mean?
Gough asks what are we to make of this apparent code, especially since there is no ‘S’ in Latin? The grotto was originally aligned on the Tour Magdela, the Tower of the Magdalene, arguably Saunière’s finest creation, some 75 yards in the distance. It now sits on a slight variance from the original.
The Tour Magdela

The Tour Magdela is a spectacular structure. It defines the village of Rennes-le-Château and, in Gough’s view, provides definitive clues to the secret that Abbé Saunière unearthed.

1656325191967.png
Gough then tells us that Margaret Starbird proposes that ‘the word “magdala” in Hebrew means ‘tower’ (with connotations also of “stronghold” or “fortress”)’. He states:

We mentioned before the frequent occurrence of the numbers 22 and 17 in the Rennes-le-Château legend. Well, here we find some of the most revealing examples:

* Two sets of 11 steps (22) lead up to the observatory platform that leads to the Tour Magdela.

* An anomalous tile on the floor of the Tour Magdela points up a 22-step stone staircase where a lone window points unambiguously at a grotto, approximately a mile in the distance.

* The ancient place-name of the Grotto is ‘Grotte du Fournet – dite de la Magdeleine’, which translates ‘The Burial Site of Mary Magdalene‘.

* The offset of the lone window to the grotto in the distance is, astoundingly, 22 degrees.

1656325238889.png
The patterned tile on the Tour Magdela floor
Notice that the floor tiles show a regular octagonal pattern reminding one of the eight-petalled Lotus Flower, which corresponds to the Eightfold Path of Good Law and the Buddhist Mandala. Such a regular octagon can also from the basis of a Tesseract.

1656325290924.png
Tesseract​

And the 11 symmetries of a regular octagon can be presented as shown in the diagram below. Lines of reflections are blue through vertices, purple through edges, and gyration orders are given in the centre. Vertices are coloured by their symmetry position.
1656325360231.png

On the regular octagon, there are 11 distinct symmetries. John Conway labels full symmetry as r16. The dihedral symmetries are divided depending on whether they pass through vertices (d for diagonal) or edges (p for perpendiculars) Cyclic symmetries in the middle column are abelled as g for their central gyration orders. Full symmetry of the regular form is r16 and no symmetry is labelled a1.

The most common high symmetry octagons are p8, an isogonal octagon constructed by four mirrors can alternate long and short edges, and d8, an isotoxal octagon constructed with equal edge lengths, but vertices alternating two different internal angles. These two forms are duals of each other and have half the symmetry order of the regular octagon.

Each subgroup symmetry allows one or more degrees of freedom for irregular forms. Only the g8 subgroup has no degrees of freedom but can be seen as directed edges.​

Are we seeing here the possible rudiments of a hyperdimensional physics based on energy flows?

But that last diagram also reminds me very much of this particular ‘tree of life’:

1656325426796.png

The Judaic Kabbalah tree of life 10 Sefirot, through which the Ein Sof unknowable divine manifests Creation. The configuration relates to man.
And we know that Saunière created a Kabbalah tree of life in his garden. So, was his choice of floor tile just a matter of whimsy or was Saunière betraying his esoteric and Rosicrucian roots by doing so?

Did Saunière know something else about Rennes-le-Château? As Andrew Gough has observed: “Part of the legend of Rennes-le-Château is the negative, wicked and omnipresent energy that seems to permeate from this part of the Aude valley. Enthusiasts with more receptivity than I to these sorts of things tell me that the energy of the place is staggering. In fact, many are resolute that the energy is the true treasure!”​

This reference to “energy” reminds me of what the C’s were alluding to in the session dated 12 July 1997:

Q: Okay! I can accept that! What was Berenger Sauniere collecting all those rocks for?

A: What about conductor?

Q: What do you mean?

A: What conducts?

Q: Was he building a little Stonehenge?

A: Have you researched the power of Stonehenge, and how it relates... where it fits in?

Q: Yes, we are bit by bit collecting things...

A: Well? And crop circles? Amazing connections... And what of “The Rosy Cross?”

Q: Well, this is what we are looking at! I have even discovered that Sir Francis Bacon’s name is even derived from “beech,” and that his Latin signature has the gematria number of 17 – and January 17 is the feast day of St. Anthony, who replaced St. Augustine in this affair somewhat... and I have connected the Rosicrucians all over the blasted planet, for crying out loud! And, who is who here? Just who are the good guys?

A: Airports are used by both.

Q: Well, what is THAT supposed to mean?

A: Transdimensional Atomic Remolecularizer.

Here is what the C’s have had to say about the power of Stonehenge:

Session dated 23 October 1994:

Q: (L) What was Stonehenge built to do or be used for?
A: Energy director.
Q: (L) What was this energy to be directed to do?
A: All things.
Q: (L) Was the energy to be directed outward or inward to the centre?
A: Both.

Session 7 November 1994:

Q: (L) Why are there so many crop circles in Britain?
A: Window. Why Stonehenge was built there.

Session 9 November 1994:

Q: (L) In many ancient ruins there are found certain symbols which interest me, specifically the coil or spiral which seems to be ubiquitous throughout the world. This is also very similar to one of the Reiki symbols. What is the origin and meaning of this symbol?

A: Energy collector translevel; Stonehenge was one. Stonehenge is a coil. The missing stones form a coil arrangement. People have been “zapped” at Stonehenge.

Session 29 March 1996:

A: It is, but not as you think. Stonehenge power. Vortex. Magnetic principles understood by you when you occupied other bodies, ask Hilliard, ole boy.

Thus, the C’s seem to be drawing us to energy and hyperdimensional physics, which are no doubt the real secrets of the Emerald Tablets (or Table) of Hermes-Thoth and the Philosopher’s Stone of the Alchemists. And we know that the Holy Grail, like the Reptoid device hidden on Oak Island in the 16th Century, has the attributes of a TDARM.

Talk about a ‘Rosy Cross’ and ‘X’ marks the spot, here is a picture of an anomalous tile taken by Andrew Gough which points up the 22 steps of the spiral staircase of the Tower of the Magdalene (Tour Magdela), where he states a sole window points unambiguously at a grotto whose ancient place name is ‘Grotte du Fournet – dite de la Magdeleine’ (The Burial Site of the Mary Magdalene).
1656325631154.png
An anomalous tile points up the 22 steps of the staircase and the lone window

1656325673368.png
The view of the Grotto from the lone window in the Tour Magdela​

Abbe Saunière’s Grotto of the Magdalene continued

Resuming with Gough’s account of the Grotto. He mentions that concealed in The Burial Site of the Mary Magdalene grotto are the apparent remains of two graves. The first, near the entrance, is an imprint in the shape of a small coffin. Not surprisingly, the spot had recently been adorned with candles and flowers, so its potential importance is clearly known to a few. Further back, underneath a rocky outcrop, Gough found the remnants of what appears to be a shallow grave, one that was dug up at some point in the not-too-distant past (possibly the time of Saunière).​

See the photographs below of the alleged entrance to the burial site of Mary Magdalene and the shallow grave.

1656325781897.png

1656325802751.png
1656325827637.png
Shallow grave
So, before making any conclusions, let’s review the facts:

* The number 22, the feast day of Mary Magdalene, is concealed throughout the Tour Magdela.

* Saunière personally designed unconventional restorations in his church that point to the significance of Mary Magdalene, The Grail and concealed religious truths or spiritual knowledge (‘X’ marks the spot).

* The Abbé was obsessed with grottos, including erecting statues of saints who were associated with them (i.e., Saint Anthony and Saint Mary Magdalene). We must not forget that he built one from scratch, constructed with stones he had secretly gathered from the valley below, in the vicinity of the real grotto; the ‘Grotte du Fournet – dite de la Magdeleine’ – the Burial Site of Mary Magdalene. Sauniere’s imitation grotto points at the tower of the Magdalene, the Tour Magdela, which in turn, unambiguously points at the ‘Grotte du Fournet – dite de la Magdeleine.’

1656325929098.png

Thus, the temptation is to say that the Abbé Berenger Saunière discovered the bones of Mary Magdalene and possibly her daughter Sara, the embodiment of the Holy Grail, in the grotto pointed to by the Tour Magdela. In fact, this is very tempting. And if we forget for a moment the dogma of Christianity, then this supposition becomes very attractive, indeed. It even passes many of the tests of Occam’s Razor (again, if we leave our preconceptions about Christianity behind).

But as any real physical evidence is lacking, all we can confidently state is that Abbe Saunière did find a treasure, or secret, or both, in the grotto, and what his restorations have done is simply commemorate his discovery by encoding the number 22. That appears clear. What did he find? Well, that is speculative, although I do have my theories. However, I am confident that Occam’s Razor tells me that I am on the right trail. The Grotto might not be the smoking gun at the scene of the crime, but at least it is evidence there was a crime – so to speak.

So, did Abbé Berenger Saunière discover the real tomb of Mary Magdalene and her daughter, who supposedly carried the “sang réal”? I somehow doubt it. However, he possibly did discover something of importance, perhaps even connected to the Grail itself. However, real crimes were committed in the Rennes-le-Château area, which involved, inter alia, the brutal murder of one of Saunière’s priest colleagues. Whatever secret these priests were guarding, it had to have been very important for someone to commit murder. The C’s commented on this same point in the session dated 28 November 1998:
Q: (L) Okay, meanwhile back at Rennes-le-Chateau, there are these three priests and a bishop who have more money than they ought to have. Clearly, there is something going on there. My thought is, after analyzing it is, the purported ‘parchments’ found in the column of the altar in the church there, were never really found, that they and the purported code were both made up as a clever fraud; the whole thing was made up, yet there is a mystery there. I also think that the connecting of the Shepherds of Arcadia painting to that church, that area of France, is fraudulent also. The smokescreen is being focused there to keep it from being directed elsewhere. Am I on the right track here?

A: Well, quite simply we would say, where is Arcadia?

Q: (L) Arcadia was Turkey. You have made many references to Turkey, to Troy, which was located in what is now Turkey. A lot of funny stuff tracks back there. And, Troy means ‘three.’ Interesting.

A: Tis a clue for you, not a destination!

Q: (L) Well, can you tell me just exactly what these guys, these priests, were getting paid to do or not do? What was the money changing hands for? It was a lot of bucks...

A: Keepers of the guard. [MJF: This phrase is similar to the description of Nicolas Poussin as a person who was a ‘Guardian of Secrets’.]

Q: (L) Guard of what?

A: Whatever was going on there.

Q: (L) It seems sort of significant to me that, when one of them was getting ready to retire, he was brutally murdered, and seemingly tortured before his death, and the following year this Abbe Sauniere purchased a large tract of land. Was there any connection between Sauniere and the death of Abbe Gelis?

A: Not the point. What happens to those who “know too much?”

Q: (L) Who was paying them? What was the source of the money?

A: Not available to you yet.

Q: (L) Was it true that before he died, Sauniere made his confession and was refused absolution?

A: Not right track.

Q: (L) Were there ANY parchments found in the church there?

A: Ditto.

You will recall in Part One of this article I referred to the theory of Jean-Luc Chaumeil. who wrote Le Tresor du Triangle d’Or (The Treasure of the Golden Triangle) in 1979, where he claimed that Abbé Sauniere, Abbé Henri Boudet, Abbé Emile Hoffet, and the Bishop of Carcassonne were all members of the Hieron du Val d’Or and that it was a political scuffle within this organisation, which led to Sauniere’s premature death. Chaumeil describes Sauniere as merely a pawn in the Priory of Sion or Hieron du Val d’Or’s bizarre plot regarding Rennes-le-Chateau and the surrounding area.

According to this version of the story, Sauniere had been involved with the order since before his arrival at the parish of Rennes-le-Chȃteau and had been dispatched there by them for the purpose of finding the parchments [or planting them?]. But in 1916 he is said to have had a falling out with the order, which supposedly explains his mysterious death the following year.

Chaumeil states that Saunière’s “handler” with regard to lodge business was the curé of Rennes-le-Bains, Abbé Henri Boudet, who is said to have orchestrated all of Sauniere’s activities, including the remodelling of his church and the surrounding domains. Boudet was also purportedly the middleman who passed along Priory of Sion hush money - not to Sauniere, but to his housekeeper, Marie Deneraud, who was also in their employ and to whom all cheques were made payable.

She also, says Chaumeil, was the agent through which Boudet transmitted all of his highly specific instructions for Saunière.

And Chaumeil tells us that Saunière did not even know true nature of the “treasure” and “secret” which he protected until 1915, one year before his supposed falling out with the order, when Boudet made a deathbed confession to his fellow cleric and conspirator. Whatever the secret was, Sauniere must have found it disturbing to say the least.

Whatever the truth of the matter, there certainly seems to have been dark dealings going on in the Rennes-le-Chȃteau area involving the local Roman Catholic clergy. Moreover, there has been a lot of speculation over the years about Saunière’s private life, particularly his relationship with the celebrated French opera singer Emma Calvé, who was also a well-known figure within Parisian occult circles.

For those who want to read more about the strange dealings of the local clergy, I am attaching a link to another article by Andrew Gough focused on this subject. It suggests that Saunière was not alone in preserving some great secret. See: SECRET OF THE ABBES | Andrew Gough.

Continued​

Attachments

• 1656326234989.png
    1656326234989.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Abbé Saunière and the Rosicrucians Part 2 Continued

To support the occult/esoteric credentials of Abbé Saunière further, I set out below a photograph, taken from Gough’s aforementioned article, which shows part of Saunière’s priestly regalia.
1656326563853.png

If I am not mistaken, the decoration on the right appears to be the Jewish Tetragrammaton, which is the four-letter Hebrew name of God, transliterated as YHWH or today as Yahweh. Admittedly, the Tetragrammaton can be found in Christian settings too. Below you can see a photograph of a Tetragrammaton at the Palace of Versailles. However, from my own experience, the use of this Judiac symbolism on Catholic priestly vestments is rare. I have never seen it.

1656326608344.png
Tetragrammaton at the Fifth Chapel of the Palace of Versailles, France.
Is there any further evidence of nefarious activities on the part of Abbé Saunière? Relying on Andrew Gough again, there does appear to be. Part of the proof for this can be found in that strange bag of gold (see below) we saw earlier in the Mural of the Sermon on the Mount. Indeed, there is far more to this bag than meets the eye. I will pick-up on this point in Part 3 of the article.
1656326665554.png

Same old.

From: -> Spermo-Gnostics and the Ordo Templi Orientis (english)
...but the central secret of his Ordo Templi Orientis was built around Richard Wagner's "Parsifal". The spear became the phallus while the Gral, of course, was the vagina which contained the "Grals-speise" (the nourriture of the Gral, that is, sperm and vaginal fluids). Reuss' O.T.O.-system was formed on an utopian communistic society where the Mother (with references to the christian Maria) took
central position in social and sexual life, called "community of Neo-Christians".

1656324744869.png
"X marks the spot"

1656325673368.png
"Get it up and in the grotto - is the motto."

Abbé Saunière and the Rosicrucians Part 2
I have to say I'm following your thoughts as you put forward so much information that, quite frankly, dazzles me.
I clicked on Andrew Gough as you advised and I read his posting titled RACE FOR THE RELICS OF INNER EARTH. He mentions so many authors down through the ages who supported, in one way or another, the Inner Earth theory including such distinguished men as Euler and Halley. Not saying distinguished men can"t get it wrong.

His story of the Crossrail project in London being delayed due to Covid and lockdowns and rumours of artifacts found and removed and given to the "appropriate" authorities was very intriguing. The idea that these inner earth peoples hold artifacts and libraries from cycles of our past which will not be accessable to the profane seems to hold true as these secret societies are still looking after thousands of years.
His collaboration with Dona Klaus on hidden chambers in the UK were also stopped by the lockdowns. Hopefully they will be able to resume soon. All fascinating stuff.
Hope you don't mind me intruding on your search for the Holy Grail. It's so multi faceted.!!!!

In the Part One of my article on Abbé Saunière and the Rosicrucians, I mentioned the possible association of the symbol of the octopus and that strange neo-Catholic organisation the Hiéron du Val d'Or, which Abbé Saunière may have been a member of.​

See: Alton Towers, Sir Francis Bacon and the Rosicrucians

The symbol is linked to the Mystery of Rennes-le-Chateau through the gravestone of Marie de Negri d’Ables, which contains a diagram of a spider remarkably similar to that of the Octopus found in Le Cour’s book, The Age of Aquarius.

1656336207819.png

The inscription on the tombstone (which I pointed out may not be the true tombstone of Marie de Negri d’Ables) became the subject of a discussion in the Session dated 12 July 1997:

Q: What was the Eleusian mystery? Is this what we are supposed to be tracking back to? I mean, this is sort of where I have ended up?

A: One leg of the table.

Q: Okay, what is this P-S related to that appears on the stone slab from the Rennes le Chateau churchyard? Everybody is talking about the "Priory of Sion." But, what does this "P-S" mean? Is that it?

A: Look into ancient tongues...

Q: Ancient tongues? Get me a little closer to it!

A: Swords, daggers pierce... [This is a possible reference to the relationship between the Templars and the Assassins here by use of the references to "swords" and “daggers pierce”, the Assassins being based in Syria where you find the famous "Damascus steel". See: What Damascus Steel Is and How It's Made.]

Q: Is this P-S something about "Percy?" Swords, daggers, pierce... Damascus? Damascus steel?

A: Search for learning.

Q: Okay. Now, I have got this "Et in Arcadia ego" rearranged to "Tiena arca Ida geo." Am I onto something here, or am I nowhere near it?

A: Close.

Q: And we have the Rho-Chi for Rosy Cross, and we have the Ida, which is Tejeda on Tenerife, and we have the REDDIS, which I am interpreting as Rhedae, or Rhea, which is another name for Ceres or Demeter, and REGIS as Dionysus, one being the earth and the other being the spirit, and the CELLIS being the feminine principle, and the Arcis being the masculine principle... and then we have this Prae-cum which is above the spider image. Why is the arrow pointing from the P-S down to the spider? What is the spider?

A: You know of the spider!

Q: Well, yes, but I know what I know, but I don't know if I am getting anywhere!

A: You will when you connect "the dots."

Q: Connect the dots... My God! Swords, daggers.... I GET IT!

A: It is the "destiny!"

Q: Yeah! I just got the image of the "Piercing of the spider," rather like pinning it to a piece of paper as a specimen where it can no longer spin its web and entrap!!!

Perhaps Laura's spider is in reality an octopus.

I then drew a possible connection between the octopus and the Hyksos semite refugees/migrants of Ancient Egypt when I pointed out that Robert Baird in his insightful article on Alpha Galates and Pierre Plantard had had this to say about the ‘octopus’ symbol:

“The 'octopus' of a hierarchy that has played both ends against the middle since the time of the Hyksos in Egypt or before that is always coming up with new names”.

I then pointed out that Ian Fleming had adopted the octopus symbol for his worldwide crime organisation SPECTRE who feature in his James Bond novels. We have since learned that Fleming, a WW2 British Intelligence agent working for MI6, had more than a passing acquaintance with the occult and may have known and dealt with the famed British occultist Aleister Crowley, learning from the master.

However, are there any more modern references to a crime network linked with the octopus. Well yes, there may be. I am attaching a link to an article called 'Hunting the Octopus', which ask the question whether the journalist Danny Casolaro uncovered a vast global conspiracy called the Octopus? See: Danny Casolaro: Hunting the Octopus

Danny Casolaro was found dead in a hotel bathtub at the Sheraton hotel in August 1991 — the official verdict was suicide. At the time of his death, he was investigating a sprawling criminal conspiracy he labelled ‘The Octopus’. The cause of Casolaro’s death itself was disputed, with many authors and investigators regarding the suicide verdict with scepticism, leading to suspicions that Casolaro was silenced because of what he had discovered about The Octopus. Had Casolaro stumbled upon a vast criminal conspiracy?
Casolaro’s starting point for his investigation was a real criminal case — a wide-ranging Washington scandal involving allegations that the US Government had stolen software company Inslaw’s PROMIS program and added illegal back doors in order to spy on foreign governments.

Casolaro called his conspiracy ‘Octopus’ for a reason, as he followed the trail from PROMIS to reveal a much larger story, one that encompassed such seemingly disparate events as the October surprise, the collapse of bank BBCI and the illegal drugs and arms trade — all orchestrated by a secret cabal of global elites.

Whilst the full extent of Casolaro’s Octopus is in dispute, it is based on several real events.

See also: Requiem for the Suicided: Danny Casolaro - The Corbett Report

However, it is the reference to his investigation into the theft of the PROMIS software that may be the real reason for his untimely demise. Dr Joseph Farrell has written extensively on this subject and thinks the software may have been stolen by powerful forces because of its great adaptability for use in the "back-door" tracking of confidential data.​

PROMIS (Prosecutors Management Information System) was a case management software developed by Inslaw (formerly the Institute for Law and Social Research), a non-profit organization established in 1973 by Bill and Nancy Hamilton. The software program was developed with aid from the Law Enforcement Assistance Administration to aid prosecutors' offices in tracking; in 1982 (by which time Inslaw became a for-profit entity) Inslaw received a $10 million contract by the Justice Department to develop an improved PROMIS application for U.S. attorneys' offices. Having previously developed a 16-bit version of PROMIS, Inslaw developed a 32-bit version, for various operating systems, specifically VAX/VMS, Unix, OS/400, and (in the 1990s) Windows NT.[1]

A book written in 1997 by Fabrizio Calvi and Thierry Pfister claimed that the National Security Agency (NSA) had been "seeding computers abroad with PROMIS-embedded SMART (Systems Management Automated Reasoning Tools) chips, code-named Petrie, capable of covertly downloading data and transmitting it, using electrical wiring as an antenna, to U.S. intelligence satellites" as part of an espionage operation.

See: PROMIS (software) - Wikipedia

For an account of the PROMIS story, see “The Octopus”: INSLAW PROMIS software scandal and those killed by its tentacles – The Millennium Report

However, Farrell also picked up on the link between PROMIS and the late mogul Robert Maxwell and his links to Jeffrey Epstein (both of whom died in mysterious circumstances). See MAXWELL, EPSTEIN, AND PROMIS.... Quoting Farrell:

"But now the appearance of Robert Maxwell in the narrative, as being perhaps one of the agents who helped disseminate the program, is intriguing to say the least, for Maxwell is, of course, connected to the Epstein affair. So the question is, why would PROMIS be connected to Epstein, and here's where my daily High Octane Speculation comes in, for I can think of at least two reasons: (1) it was used to maintain and update the "database" of whatever control files as may have been gathered in connection to Epstein's alleged network of human trafficking, and (2) it was used to track the actual member-victims of that network. It would, and could, be used to track the "merchandise" of a global human trafficking network. If that speculation is correct, then it implies that this network is much larger than people suppose if it requires such software, and the possible presence of such software also means that one cannot run the network without the active participation of intelligence agencies."

Of course, since Farrell's article was written in August 2019, Epstein has been found dead in his prison cell (supposedly having committed suicide) and his confederate in crime, Ghislaine Maxwell (Robert Maxwell's daughter), is currently sitting behind bars after being sentenced to a long prison term for her involvement in procuring minors for sexual acts.

If Farrell is right, the involvement of Western intelligence agencies in human trafficking may suggest just how widespread the Octopus's tentacles are and how Ian Fleming may have known something when he chose the symbol of the octopus for his fictional crime network SPECTRE.​

I have to say I'm following your thoughts as you put forward so much information that, quite frankly, dazzles me.
I clicked on Andrew Gough as you advised and I read his posting titled RACE FOR THE RELICS OF INNER EARTH. He mentions so many authors down through the ages who supported, in one way or another, the Inner Earth theory including such distinguished men as Euler and Halley. Not saying distinguished men can"t get it wrong.

His story of the Crossrail project in London being delayed due to Covid and lockdowns and rumours of artifacts found and removed and given to the "appropriate" authorities was very intriguing. The idea that these inner earth peoples hold artifacts and libraries from cycles of our past which will not be accessable to the profane seems to hold true as these secret societies are still looking after thousands of years.
His collaboration with Dona Klaus on hidden chambers in the UK were also stopped by the lockdowns. Hopefully they will be able to resume soon. All fascinating stuff.
Hope you don't mind me intruding on your search for the Holy Grail. It's so multi faceted.!!!!
Not at all. Don't forget the authors Edward Bulwer-Lytton (Vril: The Coming Race) and Jules Verne (Journey to the Centre of the Earth) either. As for "these inner earth peoples hold artefacts and libraries from cycles of our past", what about that Secret Order of the "S Men"?

I would have loved to have gone up to Blackpool to speak to him at the Symposium where he was delivering a lecture, but it just wasn't possible. Wait for Part 3 of my article, when we get closer to the Grail.​

Same old.

From: -> Spermo-Gnostics and the Ordo Templi Orientis (english)
...but the central secret of his Ordo Templi Orientis was built around Richard Wagner's "Parsifal". The spear became the phallus while the Gral, of course, was the vagina which contained the "Grals-speise" (the nourriture of the Gral, that is, sperm and vaginal fluids). Reuss' O.T.O.-system was formed on an utopian communistic society where the Mother (with references to the christian Maria) took
central position in social and sexual life, called "community of Neo-Christians".

View attachment 60168
"X marks the spot"

View attachment 60169
"Get it up and in the grotto - is the motto."
As ever, you are very observant here.

As ever, you are very observant here.
Once you understand what makes 'them' tick, it's not that difficult.
Who is standing opposite the spot marked with an X?
Saint Antonine "the Ermite". (=hermit)
Saint Antoine Ermite.PNG
Obviously 'handling' a 'phallic' object, as we can see...
Now again from -> Spermo-Gnostics and the Ordo Templi Orientis (english)
...the Gnostic seeks a divine reality, a realm within this world here, which is only a sort of shadow world. Both the magician and the Gnostic (as have many other traditions such as Hindu, Buddhist, Taoist and Tantra) feel that sexuality might be the key or the door to other realities; but they differ in method between ascetic and libertinistic/sensual orientations: both still use the sexual force.
Living in a world which is subjectively felt and experienced as a "rotten place" (a Gnostic term), cries out for salvation. The way this salvation begins is with the material body. It rises up to higher planes (e.g. the emotional plane and the intellectual plane), until man reaches the divine place in the Pleroma. That is fulness to overflowing. This Pleroma, be it in man or somewhere in outer space, is the Gnostic counterpart to the "rotten" earthly place.
Two routes can be pursued to leave this rotten place: to suppress or avoid it (the ascetic concept); or to dissolve it while completely living it out (the sensual way).

So the guy is looking permanent towards the 'X', but does not 'jerk off', of course. He channels the sexual energy up in the spine, until "the bell rings". He knows all the tricks and has the 'knowledge', as the book shows.

It's not all that difficult to recognise once you know what it's all about.

Of course kids, if you try this for real ... it can get ... 'terrible'...

View attachment 60180

The Temptation of Saint Anthony

Let us not forget that 'The Temptation of Saint Anthony' the Hermit is one of the keys to deciphering the real Mystery of Rennes-le-Chateau. However, the key painting to consider here, strangely contains none of this frightening imagery. More on this in a subsequent post.

Could I ask a favour of somebody who is good at computer graphics. Could you produce a map of Western Europe showing the links between the four cities mentioned in the following excerpt from the Transcripts:

Q: (L) In my little quest with my maps, I have come across the suggestion that the cities, Laon, Lyon, and Luxemburg are three cities named from the root of light. Also, there is Leiden. These four cities form an interesting geometric shape when related to one another, particularly the first three. My question would be: once one has constructed this arrow type triangle, what does one then do with it?

A: Place upon the valley of the Clover Dale.
[MJF: this could be Clover Dale in Yorkshire, England.]

I am rather interested in the shape that Laura obtained.

With thanks in advance.

Saint Antonine "the Ermite". (=hermit)
Saint Antoine Ermite.PNG
Obviously 'handling' a 'phallic' object, as we can see...
...He channels the sexual energy up in the spine, until "the bell rings".
Addendum.
By the way, the bell is located in the area of the throat chakra. This is the position of the Kabbalistic Sephira Da'at (= 'cognition', 'receiving', 'the inner knowing') in the 'microcosm' of the human body.
It can all be found in the details.

Could I ask a favour of somebody who is good at computer graphics. Could you produce a map of Western Europe showing the links between the four cities mentioned in the following excerpt from the Transcripts:

Q: (L) In my little quest with my maps, I have come across the suggestion that the cities, Laon, Lyon, and Luxemburg are three cities named from the root of light. Also, there is Leiden. These four cities form an interesting geometric shape when related to one another, particularly the first three. My question would be: once one has constructed this arrow type triangle, what does one then do with it?

A: Place upon the valley of the Clover Dale.
[MJF: this could be Clover Dale in Yorkshire, England.]

I am rather interested in the shape that Laura obtained.

With thanks in advance.

Here's a quick & rough attempt (if I've got it right...) with Google "My Maps", which I just discovered...lets you draw lines on top of google maps! No computer graphics skills needed..

Interactive version: luxembourg-lyon-laon-leiden - Google My Maps
Screenshot:
screenshot-28-06-2022_144626.png

Back
Top Bottom