Alton Towers, Sir Francis Bacon and the Rosicrucians

Here's a quick & rough attempt (if I've got it right...) with Google "My Maps", which I just discovered...lets you draw lines on top of google maps! No computer graphics skills needed..

Interactive version: luxembourg-lyon-laon-leiden - Google My Maps
Screenshot:
View attachment 60185
That's brilliant. Thank you for doing this. It is interesting that the lines produce an irregular diamond shape, which in three dimensions would be a tetrahedron. It also seems to be pointing towards the south of France. I bet if you extended the line of the arrow point formed at Lyon down that it will run through or near to Rennes-le-Chateau. When I first read this excerpt from the transcripts, I thought Clover Dale might be linked to the valley of that same name in Yorkshire, which might then have linked it to the Philosophers of Dancar clue. However, I now suspect that the reference may relate to the 'Golden Valley' found in the name of the Heiron du Val d’Or ("Of the Valley of Gold" or "Sanctuary of the Golden Valley"), which may be located in the Rennes-le-Chateau area. For example Le Bézu, which is close to Rennes-le-Chateau (both are in the District of Aude), is linked with ancient gold mines. Curiously, if you play around with the name Bézu you get Zubé, which is not far removed from "Zuber", which formed another clue from the C's that I linked with a set of pyramids on or near the 29th parallel. Hence, extend the line and see what you come up with.​

Just some 'thought-juggling' from my part...

View attachment 60187
This statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary represents a classic depiction of the 'Seven Dolors (Sorrows) of Mary'. Here is another one.

1656412047685.png

The image of a dagger or small sword through the Immaculate Heart of Mary stems from the prophecy of Simeon in the Gospel of Luke where the aged Simeon warns the Blessed Virgin Mary that one day this child (Jesus) will cause her heart to be pierced with a sword.

"Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother, ‘Behold, he is destined for the fall and for the rise of many in Israel, destined to be a sign that is opposed- and a sword will pierce your soul too — so that the secret thoughts of many may be laid bare."

However, you will note there are seven daggers. I just wonder whether there is any link here with the Court of Seven the C's spoke of in the Session dated 26 July 1997:

Q: Okay. The Templars were formed in Jerusalem. They were there for quite a while with no record of doing any of the things that the group supposedly intended to do. There are a lot of rumours... what were they doing in Jerusalem?

A: Templars held the secret of levitation.

Q: Is this something... and I am talking about the 9 guys in Jerusalem... did they discover some document in Jerusalem that gave them this secret?

A: Yes.

Q: And is this how they were able to get so much support from certain royal houses and so forth?

A: It is time for you to study Kaballah again, but be careful!

Q: Okay. I have several books on the subject. I will start tomorrow. Now, when the Templars were arrested, they were accused of worshipping a head, or skull, and also the god Baphomet. Were these spurious accusations designed to defame them?

A: Skull was of pure crystal.

Q: What is the definition of the god 'Baphomet,' if they did, indeed, worship such?

A: The holder of the Trent.

Q: What is THAT?

A: Seek.

Q: What is the meaning of 'The Widow's Son?' The implication?

A: Stalks path of wisdom incarnate.

Q: Why is this described as a Widow's son? This was the appellation of Perceval...

A: Perceval was knighted in the court of seven.

Q: The court of seven what?

A: Swords points signify crystal transmitter of truth beholden.

Q: What is the relationship between Perceval, Paran Sikarios, the Assassini, and Ishmael, the son of Hagar, at the well of the mirror?

A: Spear of Destiny.

This session dealt, inter alia, with: Zion, Page 33, Paran Sikarios, Rosslyn Chapel and Prince Henry the Navigator, Paran Sikarios, the Templars, Baphomet and the Crystal Skull, the holder of the Trent, the Widow's Son, the Freemasons and the Essenes, Perceval and the Court of Seven, the Spear of Destiny, Buried in Galle, Alnwick Castle and the Hebrew Root of Allan, Pour Suivant, Greek Astrology, the Essenes, Dead Sea Scrolls and Kaballah, the Templar Fleet

Curiously, many of these are subjects we have been looking at recently only recently this thread. Perceval was, of course, the archetypal questor after the Holy Grail and was a widow's son (a beloved term in Freemasonry). Jesus was also a widow's son and the Spear of Destiny is usually linked with the spear wielded by the Roman soldier Longinus in piercing a dead Jesus's side on the Cross. You have the Templars, the Assassins, Page 33 (giants/Freemasons), the Essenes, the Kaballah, Hagar and the Living Well of the Mirror (sounds like a psychomanteum to me!).

The C's tell us here that the "Masonic creed is intertwined with ancient order of Essenes" but we also know from the C's that the Freemasons draw their pedigree from the Osirians, so the Essenes must also have their roots in the ancient Osirians too. Since the Jewish Essenes, who are linked with the Egyptian Therapeutae (a religious sect that existed in Alexandria and other parts of the ancient Greek world), would gave rise to Saint Anthony and the other desert father hermits who helped to establish Christian monasticism, they can be also linked also with the monastic groups that followed such as the Carmelites and the Augustinian Canons we have previously looked at on this thread. And we also saw a group of Carmelite fathers establishing a monastery in California alongside the Rosicrucians, an offshoot of the Masons perhaps, who established a lodge. Hence, both these groups would appear to have their roots in the Essenes and in the Osirians.
Even the Hebrew root of the name Allan is relevant here: "A: Discover. Invert. Allan. Check Hebrew root of Allan." This gives you "Nalla" or "Nahla". In my article (see attachment) on the name Allen and the Nordic Covenant I wrote this:

“Nahla” is feminine given name of multiple cultural origins.

“Nahla” is of Arabic and African origin meaning “first drink of water or water in the desert”. In Sanskrit it means stem, hollow reed. In Swahili and other languages spoken in countries of Africa it means Queen, lion and successful woman.

Another variant is Nala. This means 'gift' in Swahili.

A descendant of the Arabic, "Naħla" means “Bee” in the Maltese language.

In India the name ‘Nehalameans "Gift of god" and is of Arabic origin.

From Islamic sources I learnt that this is not a Quranic name but Muslims can apparently use it since it has a good or neutral meaning.

Nahala is also a Persian name for girls that means “young tree”, “sapling”.

So the name ‘Nalla’ or ‘Nahla’ appears to be a feminine name with Arabic roots, which may mean first drink of water in the desert or just water in the desert. As ‘Nala’ it means ‘gift’ in Swahili and as ‘Nehala’ in India it means ‘Gift of God’. Where have we heard that last description before? Well the C’s used that term in connection with the Merkaaba or Matriarch Stone.

Moreover, in Persian it means ‘a young tree’ or ‘sapling’ which, given the Scythians and Sarmatians’ links with Iran as detailed above, suggests a link with trees and, therefore, possibly with the Hebrew name for an Oak tree, Alon.

However, it is the Arabic meaning of ‘Nahla’ that particularly draws my attention since the story of Hagar in the Bible includes an account of her being abandoned with her son Ishmael in the desert by her husband Abraham.

The Bible tells us that Abraham “got up early the next morning, prepared food and a container of water, and strapped them on Hagar’s shoulders…” (Genesis 21:14a). Upset but resolved, Abraham explained that his first wife Sarah had commanded that he get rid of Hagar and Ishmael. Sarah considered Ishmael a threat to the secure future of his second son, Isaac. She must leave, he said. Hagar therefore became a refugee overnight, on the run from people who didn’t want her.

Then he sent her away with their son, and she wandered aimlessly in the wilderness of Beersheba. When the water was gone, she put the boy in the shade of a bush. Then she went and sat down by herself about a hundred yards away. ‘I don’t want to watch the boy die,’ she said, as she burst into tears.Genesis 21:14b-15

But God heard the boy crying, and the angel of God called to Hagar from heaven, ‘Hagar, what’s wrong? Do not be afraid! God has heard the boy crying as he lies there. Go to him and comfort him, for I will make a great nation from his descendants.’Genesis 21:17-18

Then God opened Hagar’s eyes, and she saw a well full of water. She quickly filled her water container and gave the boy a drink. Genesis 21:19

So did the C’s intend to draw us to the story of Hagar again by linking the name ‘Nahla’, meaning “first drink of water” or “water in the desert” to Hagar and by extension Ishmael?

However, we may also learn a lesson from the story since as one scriptural commentator has pointed out:

“Here’s the thing to notice: The water well existed all along. Maybe for a hundred years. God didn’t make the well appear out of nowhere. Hagar just didn’t see it. God opened her eyes to His provision right in front of her.”

Perhaps in a similar way the C’s also wanted to open our eyes to the links between Hagar and the Sanctuary of El-Berith. We also know that Hagar was of the Perseid bloodline and, therefore, may have been of the Aramaic and Aryan bloodline of the Nordic Covenant.

So this brings us back to Meritaten/Hagar again and by extension to the Grail that her mother, Nefertiti/Sarah stole for Abraham/Moses from her husband Akhenaten.

We also see a link between "Swords points signify crystal transmitter of truth beholden" and the Court of Seven and Baphomet, the pure crystal skull possessed by the Templars. We have noted that if the crystal skull was placed in the gold covered Ark of the Covenant (the Nordic Covenant?), it could have acted us a tuning device for radio signals being received through the two gold angels (acting as antennae - gold being an excellent conductor) on the Mercy Seat - who are thought in Jewish tradition to represent the Archangels Michael and Gabriel - more on this in a subsequent post.

There was so much information produced in that one session. It would be well worth re-reading. I just wonder, however, whether the elongated diamond shape produced by Brandon in his post could be viewed as a spear tip or sword head for our purposes here and be pointing to the Grail, the crystal transmitter of truth beholden? And, of course, the bestowal of a Knighthood as per Perceval, is an initiation too!

Attachments

• Allen and the Nordic Covenant.docx
    153.9 KB · Views: 6
Yes. Make the circles bigger to fit the image but yeah, just a thought that the dots may not be connected by straight lines. Especially in curved (crooked?) space.

It has since been rebuilt and the XXSLX is still intact, although nobody has come close to deciphering it. Perhaps we should ask the C’s.
Q: (L) On the subject of the 666, I was given an insight into this several years ago as to another meaning of it, is that interpretation also correct?

A: Maybe. VI is 6 in Roman Numerals. S was 6 in ancient Egypt. A was 6 in Sanskrit. VISA, see, is 666. Interesting that to travel for extended periods one needs a "visa" also, yes?

XX= 20 (Roman)
S = 6 (ancient Egypt)
LX = 60 (Roman)

XX S LX = 20 6 60

It can be: A date, a series of coordinates etc...

XX= 20 (Roman)
S = 6 (ancient Egypt)
LX = 60 (Roman)

XX S LX = 20 6 60

It can be: A date, a series of coordinates etc...
Yes, you are right it could be either or possibly something else altogether. The French researcher Pierre Jarnac discovered that the ‘second’ gravestone of Marie de Negri d’Ables, was in fact a forgery of the mid-1960’s, perhaps instigated by Pierre Plantard or a fellow member of the Priory of Sion. Say, if it was earlier though. Could it have been erected on the 20 June 1960 perhaps? The statutes and the registration documents of the Priory of Sion are dated 7 May 1956, but the actual registration took place at the subprefecture of Saint-Julien-en-Genevois on 25 June 1956 and recorded in the Journal Officiel de la République Française on 20 July 1956. Hence, the Priory was certainly up and running by 1960.

I am working on an article, which seeks to shed more light on the coded messages contained on the Blanchefort gravestone and in the Rennes-le-Chateau parchments, which may be of help here. Indeed, it may shed more light (literally in this case) on those strange 'Blue Apples'.​

Just some 'thought-juggling' from my part...

View attachment 60187

Just a further point on the image above - as I mentioned previously, the C's referred to the Court of Seven in the Session dated 22 August 1998 :

Q: (L) They also talk about the ‘Seven Sages.’ You once said that Perceval was ‘knighted in the Court of Seven and that the sword’s points signify ‘crystal transmitter of truth beholden.’ Do these seven sages relate to this ‘Court of Seven’ that you mentioned?

A: Close.

Q: (L) When you said ‘swords points signify crystal transmitter of truth beholden,’ could you elaborate on that remark?

A: Has celestial meaning.

Normally, where the word "celestial" is used in the transcripts it means bodies found in the heavens or skies such as planets, comets etc. However, the term also has a secondary meaning which is "belonging or relating to heaven", where heaven means paradise. Well, in Roman Catholic and Orthodox Christianity, the Blessed Virgin Mary is believed to have been physically assumed into Heaven after her death. Hence, the image you have posted here could certainly be said to have a celestial meaning in that sense.​

As regards that excerpt from the transcripts which you quoted in your post:

But, what does this "P-S" mean? Is that it?

A: Look into ancient tongues...

Q: Ancient tongues? Get me a little closer to it!

A: Swords, daggers pierce...,

this might be linked to an earlier transcript where the C's said the following:

Session 6 September 1997:

Q: Okay, change gears: I read the other day that the word "Iscariot" means "from Sikarios," and this connects the Jesus story directly to my Paran Sikarios... the Percys, piercing, PS, etc. Could you comment on the fact that Judas Iscariot was "from Sikarios." Was he a member of the Paran Sikarios, the Assassini, a dagger man?

A: You are not to be told some things yet, because of your tendency to share before realizing the ramifications it can bring to your doorstep.

In the traditional story of Christ's passion, Judas Iscariot is the traitor amongst the Apostles who betrays Jesus for 30 pieces of silver to the Jewish High Priesthood. So in a sense he may be viewed as a 'dagger man' in relation to the Seven Sorrows of the Blessed Virgin Mary and the fulfilment of Simeon's prophecy over 30 years beforehand that a sword would pierce her heart. It can, I think, be said that Judas helped to wield that sword, for his betrayal would set things in motion that ultimately would lead to the Cross and Christ's death, as related in the Gospel stories.

Let us not forget that the Wilderness or Desert of Paran is also said to be the place where Hagar/Meritaten was sent into exile from Abraham's dwelling in Beersheba.
As to the Sicarii, I apologise here if I may be going over old ground that Laura has already been over.

Sicarii” is Latin for the Greek word sikarios meaning “dagger man.” Josephus, the famous first-century Jewish historian, describes them as men who hid small daggers in their clothing, disguised themselves by blending into crowds, and used stealth to assassinate high-ranking government leaders and Roman sympathizers.

The Sicarii are the earliest known organised group of assassins predating the Islamic Hashishin and the Japanese ninjas. To this day, the Spanish derivative of the word sicario is used in Latin America to describe hit men working for drug cartels. In his writings, Josephus differentiates between the Sicarii and the Zealots. Until the Jewish revolt in 66 AD against Roman rule, the Zealots were demonstrators against the Roman government. The Sicarii, however, were violent from the beginning. To go even further, they were so inclined to violence, that they would not hesitate to harm or kill their own countrymen if they thought it would further their ultimate goal of Jewish independence. This would ultimately be their undoing.

Sicarii were an off-the-chart politically active group and imbued a very pro-Jewish culture. The great Jewish Revolt started in 66 AD and the Roman siege of Jerusalem would lead to the city and the Temple being destroyed in 70 AD. In 66 AD, tension between the Jewish people and the Roman government had reached a boiling point in Jerusalem. The Zealots took up arms and expelled Roman government leaders and the Roman military from the city. This was the moment the Sicarii had been dreaming of for a long time.

In the early part of the war, they raided villages near Jerusalem for supplies, killing 700 women and children. Inside the walls of Jerusalem, the Sicarii destroyed the city’s food supply to hasten the inevitable war between its citizens inside the walls and the Roman army outside the walls. This caused a civil war to break out inside of Jerusalem between the radical Sicarii, the more pragmatic Zealots, and the everyday citizens caught in the middle.

When the Romans breached the walls of Jerusalem in 70 AD and slaughtered residents of Jerusalem, one group of people escaped - the Sicarii, who had brought so much trouble on the city in the first place. Using stealth, a group of about 1,000 Sicarii escaped Jerusalem as it was falling and retreated to a cliffside fortress – Masada – that they had secured a few of years previously.

The Romans laid siege to Masada in 73 AD with a force of 9,000 soldiers. As the Romans gained access to the fortress, the Sicarii set the compound’s buildings on fire and committed mass suicide (an event that would be repeated nearly 2000 years later in the infamous “Jonestown Massacre”, which occurred on 18 November 1978 when more than 900 members of an American cult called the Peoples Temple committed mass suicide under the direction of their leader Jim Jones). Only two women and five children survived.

The activities of this group would even cast a shadow over Saint Paul, for when he was being interrogated by a Roman government official after a riot had broken out in Jerusalem he was asked if he was a Sicarii leader: “Aren’t you the Egyptian who led a rebellion some time ago and took 4,000 members of the Assassins out into the desert?”

However, could the Sicarii have had links with the later Middle Eastern group known in the Middle Ages as the Assassins (or Hashishin)? Although nominally Islamic, there is good reason to believe that the existence of the Assassins long pre-dated the Islamic conquest of the Middle East. Could some members of the Sicarii have therefore survived and regrouped, later converting to Islam in order to avoid suppression?​

Good Point! Searching with a fine toothed comb and a razor sharp focused lens is great. I LOVE your obvious enthusiasm, attention to detail, keen eye and ability to connect the dots.

Diffuse awareness also has its place for becoming aware of the forest, in general. There is also that 'zen' (?) aspect to searching for answers down the infinite capillary system of rabbit holes where the search becomes endless and the significance of any given 'find' pales in comparison to the reason the search for the heart of the matter was started in the first place. IOW, does it really matter who did what to whom and in what order, or, does it matter more what we are learning about awareness; how to live and what sort of people to strive to be? At what point do I factor in that I am never going to be perfect while I walk this earth; or that I need to factor into my knowledge base the fact that my knowledge is never going to be absolutely complete in this life? (BUT, I can still learn how to conduct myself in a right manner and continually improve upon the error of all my previous ways).

And... the mind and knowledge are limitless.

Like the song says, the road goes on forever. Run? Walk? Take the A train? Is it a Shinkansen?

But please don't get me wrong: Search On! Keep digging! Bravo!

(that last one above looks a bit like Boris Karloff)
I often go back to the transcripts when researching an article and in doing so, I sometimes stumble across excerpts that may be relevant to earlier comments made on the thread. Hence, I thought I would share this discovery here, as it touches upon this question of searching for answers, particularly at this present, very dark time.
Session dated 22 June 2002:

A: Notice carefully how the STS domination has been created and maintained. It is not done with the objective of promoting knowledge. As you know, it is done with the intent of hiding truth. What is wrong with pointing the door to greater potential knowledge out for those in Darkness? You can shine the light on the door. The choice of opening it and passing within is up to the seeker.

If in this thread we have helped together, if only in a small way, to shine a light on hidden truths, then the experience may be a worthwhile one if it should prove helpful to others caught up in Darkness.​

Cathars and the Albigensian Crusade (Inquisition)

To the Templars, the true church, one that taught mysticism, reincarnation and good works, was being suppressed by a dark power that called itself the one true faith. Through the centuries of its power, the church then an irresistible attraction to corrupt officials, scalawags, and conmen as well as the pious often instigated bloody massacres against its enemies, which eventually came to mean anyone who failed to acquiesce to its authority. For example, between the years 1208 and 1244 tens of thousands of people were killed by a papal army sent by the Vatican to the province of Langue-doc in southwestern France, the long-standing home of the Knights Templar as well as home to some very unorthodox ideas. The object of this papal attack was a people known as the Cathars. They were followers of the earlier Gnostics, who were more committed to matters of the spirit than material wealth.

The Cathars were known widely as good men who led simple, religion-centered lives. They preferred to meet in nature rather than in elaborate churches. Cathar priests, known as perfecti or the perfect ones, dressed in long dark robes and were very ascetic, having pledged to forgo worldly possessions. There is a very considerable similarity between Catharism and Buddhism, both believe in reincarnation, in abstention from flesh foods though fish was allowed in Catharism in non-resistance, that it was sinful to take the life of any living creature, even an animal. All baptized members were spiritually equal and regarded as priests. Perhaps more surprising for those days was their emphasis on equality of the sexes. They were also itinerant preachers, traveling in pairs, living in the utmost poverty and simplicity, stopping to help and to heal wherever they could. In many ways the Cathars would have appeared to pose no threat to anyone except the Church. In their dualist theology, the Cathars believed that good and evil are opposites of the same cosmic energy force and that a good god created and rules the heavens while an evil god created man and the material world. The overriding reason why the Cathars fell afoul of the Church was that they refused to acknowledge the Pope’s authority. The Cathars were not heretics; they were simply non-conformists, preaching without license, and having no requirement for appointed priests, nor the richly adorned churches of their Catholic neighbors.

Something about the peaceful, if unorthodox, Cathars was certainly upsetting to the Vatican. Interestingly enough, in 1145, Pope Eugenius III sent none other than that Templar patron Saint Bernard to preach against Catharism in Languedoc. Bernard instead reported, "No sermons are more Christian than theirs, and their morals are pure." Did this mean Saint Bernard was oblivious to their theology? Or did his defensive words add substance to the allegation that he and the Templars secretly held Cathar beliefs? The answer is immaterial since, justified or not, the Vatican began laying plans to eradicate the Cathars. And it is quite clear that some of the Cathar beliefs were directly opposite those of the church. The beginning of the Cathar heresy is hard to pin down. Some of the Languedoc clergy traced their predecessors back to the earliest days of Christianity, which may have resulted in their belief of a more pure interpretation of church origins. Others believed the Knights Templar had passed along knowledge they gained while excavating in Jerusalem. Then there is the fact that even today in that area of France one may still find traces of a remarkable belief that Mary Magdalene, viewed as either the wife or consort of Jesus, migrated to the area following the crucifixion. They believed that the physical world was the work of the Devil and intrinsically evil. They developed for themselves a rich mythology of the Creation and Fall which acted as a substitute for much of the Bible which they rejected. These dualists accepted that matter was the creation of the Good God, but believed that Satan had fashioned the world and the material bodies of men from it, either trapping the spirit of an angel within the material body to form Adam or having the clay animated by the Good God.

Whatever the truth of their origins, these Cathar beliefs had evolved over a long period of time, as did the decision to move against them. Despite whatever agreements might have been made, papal authorities must have finally decided that something had to be done about whatever relics, treasure, or writings might be concealed in the Languedoc. Proclaimed heretics by King Philip II of France at the insistence of Pope Innocent III, beginning in 1209, the Cathars were hunted down and exterminated during what became known as the Albigensian Crusade. This was an operation in which the much vaunted Knights Templar were conspicuously absent. It was a long, bitter, and bloody affair, which ended in 1229 but was not fully concluded until after the fall of the fortress of Monsegur in 1244. Even then, the church did not entirely extinguish the Cathar heresy.

For some time after becoming pope, Innocent III had tried to bring ecclesiastical pressure to bear on the Cathars with notable lack of success. A man whose fondest dream was spearheading a great Crusade to capture the Holy Land, this pope had to settle for a Crusade in Languedoc, where the nobles as well as the general population saw little to be concerned about in the simple and gentle Cathars. In an effort to subdue the power of the Crusader knights, the church had long instituted a policy known as the "Peace of God." Based on an alliance between the church and the military powers, this "Peace" was intended to place church authorities in firm control of any military activities. Proving unsuccessful in the use of anti-Cathar preaching and Templar suppression, Pope- Innocent III by 1204 decided it was time to act. I le began writing to King Philippe Auguste of France urging a move against the southern heretics. He also reinstated Raymond VI, Count of Toulouse, who had been excommunicated by a predecessor, after Raymond rather reluctantly agreed to support his Crusade. Despite Raymond’s agreement, little action was taken. Raymond was again excommunicated for failing to act against the Cathars, and when a representative of the pope met with him over Christmas 1207 in an attempt to revive the issue, he was murdered by one of Raymond’s men. Thoroughly fed up with the situation, Pope Innocent III set his Crusade into motion. Although seen today as a war by Christians against Christians, at the time, many people, particularly outside the Languedoc, supported the war as one against a deadly enemy in their own midst. To Pope Innocent, the Crusade was necessary not only to subdue heresy but to demonstrate the power of the church over recalcitrant secular leaders like Raymond. Innocent promised the status of a Crusade to anyone joining his army. This meant both absolution of any sins committed in the process as well as a share in any loot. Many saw an opportunity for plunder and profit and were not to be entirely disappointed. On the whole, though, the Crusaders were primarily motivated by religious zeal. Soon the pope’s army gathered at Lyon under the leadership of Arnald-Amalric along with a number of noblemen and bishops. As this massive force about thirty thousand strong moved down the Rhone valley, Raymond had second thoughts and decided to join. After pledging to join the Crusade, Raymond was reconciled with the church and promised immunity from attack.

The first major attack came at the city of Beziers. Here, despite their bishop’s call to surrender, the townspeople decided to resist. The army’s loot-hungry camp followers stormed the city’s gates and were soon joined by the soldiers acting without orders. Both church and town were looted and the inhabitants massacred, with clerics, women and children being killed inside the churches. When the leaders of the army confiscated booty from the camp followers the town was fired and burnt down. According to the official report, twenty thousand inhabitants were slain. In view of the massacre at Beziers, town after town throughout the Languedoc fell to the papal army without a fight. Internal strife was rampant as inhabitants outdid each other in handing over known and suspected heretics. At the town of Castres, Cathars handed over to the army were burnt at the stake, a practice which was to continue throughout the Crusade. By 1229 the campaign was effectively ended by a Treaty of Paris. Though the treaty ended the independence of southern French royalty, it did not stop the heresy. Cathar perfecti retreated to the mountainous redoubt at Montsegur, in the foothills of the Pyrenees. Beginning in the spring of 1243, the papal army besieged the fortress for more than ten months. Finally, in March 1244, the siege of Montsegur was ended by the Cathars’ surrender. The Cathars, many of whom were wealthy, did indeed have a considerable cache of gold and silver. A number of them managed to carry off in the night before the rest were massacred. These intrepid heretics somehow managed to get away by being lowered down on ropes over the particularly precipitous side of the mountain in the middle of the night.

Following the Albigensian Crusade, those Cathars that survived either fled to neighboring countries or went into hiding with the aid of sympathetic neighbors. By the early 14th century the Cathars of the Languedoc were becoming isolated and poor, their destruction was caused by the methodical pursuit of the Church with its new weapon, the Inquisition. The Languedoc saw the first act of European genocide, when over 100,000 members of the Cathar heresy were massacred on the orders of the Pope during the Albigensian Crusade. As the result of the Crusade the Church retained its monopoly of religious activity, its control of belief and strengthened its control over the private lives of individuals. The new French State gained the Church as an ally in strengthening control over towns and nobility. The extermination of the peaceful Cathars was also a foretaste of what church leaders had in mind for their rivals in power, the Knights Templar.

Cathars and the Albigensian Crusade (Inquisition)

To the Templars, the true church, one that taught mysticism, reincarnation and good works, was being suppressed by a dark power that called itself the one true faith. Through the centuries of its power, the church then an irresistible attraction to corrupt officials, scalawags, and conmen as well as the pious often instigated bloody massacres against its enemies, which eventually came to mean anyone who failed to acquiesce to its authority. For example, between the years 1208 and 1244 tens of thousands of people were killed by a papal army sent by the Vatican to the province of Langue-doc in southwestern France, the long-standing home of the Knights Templar as well as home to some very unorthodox ideas. The object of this papal attack was a people known as the Cathars. They were followers of the earlier Gnostics, who were more committed to matters of the spirit than material wealth.

The Cathars were known widely as good men who led simple, religion-centered lives. They preferred to meet in nature rather than in elaborate churches. Cathar priests, known as perfecti or the perfect ones, dressed in long dark robes and were very ascetic, having pledged to forgo worldly possessions. There is a very considerable similarity between Catharism and Buddhism, both believe in reincarnation, in abstention from flesh foods though fish was allowed in Catharism in non-resistance, that it was sinful to take the life of any living creature, even an animal. All baptized members were spiritually equal and regarded as priests. Perhaps more surprising for those days was their emphasis on equality of the sexes. They were also itinerant preachers, traveling in pairs, living in the utmost poverty and simplicity, stopping to help and to heal wherever they could. In many ways the Cathars would have appeared to pose no threat to anyone except the Church. In their dualist theology, the Cathars believed that good and evil are opposites of the same cosmic energy force and that a good god created and rules the heavens while an evil god created man and the material world. The overriding reason why the Cathars fell afoul of the Church was that they refused to acknowledge the Pope’s authority. The Cathars were not heretics; they were simply non-conformists, preaching without license, and having no requirement for appointed priests, nor the richly adorned churches of their Catholic neighbors.

Something about the peaceful, if unorthodox, Cathars was certainly upsetting to the Vatican. Interestingly enough, in 1145, Pope Eugenius III sent none other than that Templar patron Saint Bernard to preach against Catharism in Languedoc. Bernard instead reported, "No sermons are more Christian than theirs, and their morals are pure." Did this mean Saint Bernard was oblivious to their theology? Or did his defensive words add substance to the allegation that he and the Templars secretly held Cathar beliefs? The answer is immaterial since, justified or not, the Vatican began laying plans to eradicate the Cathars. And it is quite clear that some of the Cathar beliefs were directly opposite those of the church. The beginning of the Cathar heresy is hard to pin down. Some of the Languedoc clergy traced their predecessors back to the earliest days of Christianity, which may have resulted in their belief of a more pure interpretation of church origins. Others believed the Knights Templar had passed along knowledge they gained while excavating in Jerusalem. Then there is the fact that even today in that area of France one may still find traces of a remarkable belief that Mary Magdalene, viewed as either the wife or consort of Jesus, migrated to the area following the crucifixion. They believed that the physical world was the work of the Devil and intrinsically evil. They developed for themselves a rich mythology of the Creation and Fall which acted as a substitute for much of the Bible which they rejected. These dualists accepted that matter was the creation of the Good God, but believed that Satan had fashioned the world and the material bodies of men from it, either trapping the spirit of an angel within the material body to form Adam or having the clay animated by the Good God.

Whatever the truth of their origins, these Cathar beliefs had evolved over a long period of time, as did the decision to move against them. Despite whatever agreements might have been made, papal authorities must have finally decided that something had to be done about whatever relics, treasure, or writings might be concealed in the Languedoc. Proclaimed heretics by King Philip II of France at the insistence of Pope Innocent III, beginning in 1209, the Cathars were hunted down and exterminated during what became known as the Albigensian Crusade. This was an operation in which the much vaunted Knights Templar were conspicuously absent. It was a long, bitter, and bloody affair, which ended in 1229 but was not fully concluded until after the fall of the fortress of Monsegur in 1244. Even then, the church did not entirely extinguish the Cathar heresy.

For some time after becoming pope, Innocent III had tried to bring ecclesiastical pressure to bear on the Cathars with notable lack of success. A man whose fondest dream was spearheading a great Crusade to capture the Holy Land, this pope had to settle for a Crusade in Languedoc, where the nobles as well as the general population saw little to be concerned about in the simple and gentle Cathars. In an effort to subdue the power of the Crusader knights, the church had long instituted a policy known as the "Peace of God." Based on an alliance between the church and the military powers, this "Peace" was intended to place church authorities in firm control of any military activities. Proving unsuccessful in the use of anti-Cathar preaching and Templar suppression, Pope- Innocent III by 1204 decided it was time to act. I le began writing to King Philippe Auguste of France urging a move against the southern heretics. He also reinstated Raymond VI, Count of Toulouse, who had been excommunicated by a predecessor, after Raymond rather reluctantly agreed to support his Crusade. Despite Raymond’s agreement, little action was taken. Raymond was again excommunicated for failing to act against the Cathars, and when a representative of the pope met with him over Christmas 1207 in an attempt to revive the issue, he was murdered by one of Raymond’s men. Thoroughly fed up with the situation, Pope Innocent III set his Crusade into motion. Although seen today as a war by Christians against Christians, at the time, many people, particularly outside the Languedoc, supported the war as one against a deadly enemy in their own midst. To Pope Innocent, the Crusade was necessary not only to subdue heresy but to demonstrate the power of the church over recalcitrant secular leaders like Raymond. Innocent promised the status of a Crusade to anyone joining his army. This meant both absolution of any sins committed in the process as well as a share in any loot. Many saw an opportunity for plunder and profit and were not to be entirely disappointed. On the whole, though, the Crusaders were primarily motivated by religious zeal. Soon the pope’s army gathered at Lyon under the leadership of Arnald-Amalric along with a number of noblemen and bishops. As this massive force about thirty thousand strong moved down the Rhone valley, Raymond had second thoughts and decided to join. After pledging to join the Crusade, Raymond was reconciled with the church and promised immunity from attack.

The first major attack came at the city of Beziers. Here, despite their bishop’s call to surrender, the townspeople decided to resist. The army’s loot-hungry camp followers stormed the city’s gates and were soon joined by the soldiers acting without orders. Both church and town were looted and the inhabitants massacred, with clerics, women and children being killed inside the churches. When the leaders of the army confiscated booty from the camp followers the town was fired and burnt down. According to the official report, twenty thousand inhabitants were slain. In view of the massacre at Beziers, town after town throughout the Languedoc fell to the papal army without a fight. Internal strife was rampant as inhabitants outdid each other in handing over known and suspected heretics. At the town of Castres, Cathars handed over to the army were burnt at the stake, a practice which was to continue throughout the Crusade. By 1229 the campaign was effectively ended by a Treaty of Paris. Though the treaty ended the independence of southern French royalty, it did not stop the heresy. Cathar perfecti retreated to the mountainous redoubt at Montsegur, in the foothills of the Pyrenees. Beginning in the spring of 1243, the papal army besieged the fortress for more than ten months. Finally, in March 1244, the siege of Montsegur was ended by the Cathars’ surrender. The Cathars, many of whom were wealthy, did indeed have a considerable cache of gold and silver. A number of them managed to carry off in the night before the rest were massacred. These intrepid heretics somehow managed to get away by being lowered down on ropes over the particularly precipitous side of the mountain in the middle of the night.

Following the Albigensian Crusade, those Cathars that survived either fled to neighboring countries or went into hiding with the aid of sympathetic neighbors. By the early 14th century the Cathars of the Languedoc were becoming isolated and poor, their destruction was caused by the methodical pursuit of the Church with its new weapon, the Inquisition. The Languedoc saw the first act of European genocide, when over 100,000 members of the Cathar heresy were massacred on the orders of the Pope during the Albigensian Crusade. As the result of the Crusade the Church retained its monopoly of religious activity, its control of belief and strengthened its control over the private lives of individuals. The new French State gained the Church as an ally in strengthening control over towns and nobility. The extermination of the peaceful Cathars was also a foretaste of what church leaders had in mind for their rivals in power, the Knights Templar.
This is all good historic stuff but you are only regurgitating what this thread has already covered a long time ago (which was why I asked you to read the whole thread first). You must understand that you are way behind the curve here. I don't mind you posting this historical analyses as you are free to do so but please tell me what you are trying to achieve by doing this. Laura has also covered the Albigensians/Cathars at length in her works. You are no doubt reciting this material from a book that you have not cited but how does this help our understanding of the subject matter of this thread. Where are you going with this material, as you seem to provide no comments of your own? Are you just attention seeking perhaps? Do you have a game plan for all of this? If so, it would be good to know.​

Saint Anthony and the Mystery of Rennes-le-Chateȃu

Before delving further into the Mystery of Rennes-le-Chateau and the part that Saint Anthony plays in it, I thought I would set out a few relevant extracts from the Transcripts to set the scene with my own comments inserted in red within parentheses.​

Session dated 12 July 1997

Q: What was the Eleusian mystery? Is this what we are supposed to be tracking back to? I mean, this is sort of where I have ended up?

A: One leg of the table.

Q:
Okay, what is this P-S related to that appears on the stone slab from the Rennes le Chateau churchyard? Everybody is talking about the "Priory of Sion." But, what does this P-S mean? Is that it? [See the article by Tracey Twyman below for more on this.]

A: Look into ancient tongues...

Q: Ancient tongues? Get me a little closer to it!

A: Swords, daggers pierce...

Q: Is this P-S something about "Percy?" Swords, daggers, pierce... Damascus? Damascus steel?

A: Search for learning.

Q: Okay. Now, I have got this "Et in Arcadia ego" rearranged to "Tiena arca Ida geo." Am I onto something here, or am I nowhere near it?

[MJF: “I Tego Arcana Dei” – meaning “Begone! I conceal the Secrets of God” might get us closer.]

Q: And we have the Rho-Chi for Rosy Cross, and we have the Ida, which is Tejeda on Tenerife, and we have the REDDIS, which I am interpreting as Rhedae, or Rhea, which is another name for Ceres or Demeter, and REGIS as Dionysus, one being the earth and the other being the spirit, and the CELLIS being the feminine principle, and the Arcis being the masculine principle... and then we have this Prae-cum which is above the spider image. Why is the arrow pointing from the P-S down to the spider? What is the spider? [MJF: or is it an octopus?]

A: You know of the spider!

Q: Well, yes, but I know what I know, but I don't know if I am getting anywhere!

A: You will when you connect "the dots."

Q: Connect the dots... My God! Swords, daggers.... I GET IT!

A: It is the "destiny!"

Q: Yeah! I just got the image of the "Piercing of the spider," rather like pinning it to a piece of paper as a specimen where it can no longer spin its web and entrap!!!

Session 4 October 1997:

Q: In the same vein, I have noticed that there are two classes of arachnids. There are scorpions and there are spiders. The zodiac was changed by taking the pincers away from the Scorpion and creating out of them the sign of Libra. This image was one of a woman holding a balance scales, usually blindfolded. This was done within recorded history, but was probably formalized through the occult traditions of Kaballa. Now, in trying to figure out who has on what colour hat, if there is such a thing, I have come to a tentative conclusion that the spider, or spinner of webs, is the Rosicrucian encampment, and that the Scorpion represents the seeker of wisdom... because, in fact, the word for Scorpio comes from the same root as that which means to pierce or unveil. Therefore, the Scorpion is also Perseus, per Ziu, or 'for God.' And the Rosicrucians are the 'other,' so to speak. Can you elaborate on this for me? Or comment?

A: What a tangled web we spin, when we must not let you in.

Q: So, the Rose is the Spider?

A: Different objective.

Q: So, the Rose, with its thorns... can you help me with this Rose image... is the Rose the Scorpion?

A: No. Different objective... Rose is a stand-alone symbol.

Q: So, the Rose can be used by either side, is that it?

A: Maybe.

Q: Another derivation of the word root of Scorpio is 'skopos,' or 'to see.' You said that the human race was seeded on a planet in the constellation Scorpio, and, therefore, when the zodiac was set up and the clues were laid out, it seems to me that the insertion of the sign of Libra was designed to take power away from human beings, to take their hands away, to prevent them from seeing, to make them defenseless. Is this imagery close?

A: On track.

Session 7 November 1998:

Q: (L) In my little quest with my maps, I have come across the suggestion that the cities, Laon, Lyon, and Luxemburg are three cities named from the root of light. Also, there is Leiden. These four cities form an interesting geometric shape when related to one another, particularly the first three. My question would be: once one has constructed this arrow type triangle, what does one then do with it? [MJF: See Brandon’s post of 27th June on this thread.]

A: Place upon the valley of the Clover Dale.

[…]

Q: (L) Well, as you know, I have already found the funny connections to the Plain of San Augustin where the purported Roswell crash occurred, closely linked to Magdalena, Socorro, and the similarities of these names to places in Egypt and the Canaries... such as RosTau and Saqqare, and the image of St. Augustine being replaced by St. Anthony in the Grail stories, and the celebratory day being January 17th, which is also the day of Janus, guardian of the door, and Augustus was the named ruler at the time of the purported birth of Jesus, as well the name being of the one who supposedly “created” the church dogma and who attacked the gnostics so vigorously. So, all these names are THERE, but no method of sorting seems to ring a bell in my head... [MJF: I have previously linked the double-headed Roman god Janus with the Baphomet Crystal Skull of the Templars and therefore with the Holy Grail. January 17th is also the day on which Abbé Berenger Sauniere died.]

A: No, not yet, my dear, not yet!!! [MJF: suggesting the resolution of this matter was a long way off at that time.]

To understand the Mystery of Rennes-le-Chateau, we must look not only at Abbe Saunière and his strange activities and unusual wealth but also at the documentary evidence surrounding the mystery. This means looking at the Blanchefort tombstone(s), certain paintings by Nicolas Poussin and David Tenier, and the infamous Saunière Parchments, all the time keeping in mind that the so-called hidden treasure and the Priory of Sion are a smokescreen for something else.

The Saunière Parchments

The Dossiers secrets supplied by Gérard de Sède to the three authors of The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail, Baigent, Leigh and Lincoln, claimed that Abbé Saunière had found a collection of parchments hidden in his church. These were “supposedly” placed there by his predecessor, Abbé Antoine Bigou, who had recovered them from an earlier hiding place on the deathbed instructions of Marie de Nègre d'Ables, Dame de Hautpoul-Blanchefort (see more below on this).

In researching this matter, I came across two interesting articles on decoding the Saunière Parchments and the tombstone of Marie de Nègre d'Ables, Dame de Hautpoul-Blanchefort that were written respectively by Tracy R. Wyman (whose work was featured in a recent article of mine) and Mark Naples. Please note that I have joined the two articles together in order to create one narrative and have added my own comments, as appropriate, in red alongside their comments.​

Hidden Secrets of the Blanchefort Tombstone
And
The Sauniere Parchments
by Tracy R. Twyman
from HiddenMysteries Website

One of the foremost clues in the Rennes-le-Chateau mystery is the Blanchefort tombstone.

On the sides of the stone, as we know, the message "Et in Arcadia Ego" is inscribed, using a mixture of Greek and Latin letters. Potential interpretations of this phrase are analyzed at length in the article "The Real Meaning of 'Et in Arcadia Ego". It is also interesting that the word "Arka" is used in certain apocryphal accounts of the life of Cain to denote the region to which Cain and his descendants were banished by God, and its location was said to be in the centre of the Earth. [
MJF: “Et in Arcadia Egois, of course, inscribed on the tomb in Nicolas Poussin’s painting as well.]

And the word "Arcadia" applies to the Greek notion of Paradise and the Golden Age, while the word "Etin" (the first four letters in the phrase) was once an alternate spelling of "Eden", the Judeo-Christian notion of Paradise and the Golden Age.

But on the Blanchefort tombstone, the message actually reads:

"Et in Arx Adia Ego"

The words "Arx" and "Adia" are separated so as to emphasize "Arx."

This word, in Latin, means "a fortress, citadel, or stronghold." Thus, this message may be specifically referring to a man-made structure, perhaps a temple, buried beneath Rennes-le-Chateau. This leads us directly to the message "Reddis Regis Cellis Arcis" in the center of the stone.

The word "Reddis" is supposed by most researchers to be derived from the old name of Rennes, which was once called "Rhedis", "Redis", or "Rhedae." Meanwhile, "Rennes" means "reins", and may perhaps be a name derived from the belief that Cain was imprisoned or shackled within the Arka.

MJF: “Rennes” is also French for “Queen” so that the village’s name can be translated as ‘House of the Queen’ – perhaps a reference to Isis or to Rhea, who was the wife of Cronus, the king of the Titans and the mother of Zeus. Some ancient writers linked Rhea’s name to the Greek “rheo”, or “flow,” an etymology that made her a goddess of menstruation, birth waters, and breastmilk. Hence, to the Greeks she was vaguely associated with the concept of flow and liquids, which might encompass Prae-cum (see more below on this). Modern historians, however, believe it originated with the pre-Greek era, or “earth.” Rhea was closely linked to the earth as the daughter of Gaia. But it is also possible that she was, at one time, another aspect of the earth mother archetype herself. I would ask though whether it was Cain shackled within the Arka (Ark) or the Grail?

But "reddis" is also a Latin word meaning "you return" or "you restore", from which the French "rendre" and the English "render" are derived. "Regis" means "royal, "Cellis" means "a basement or cave", and "Arcis" means the same thing as "Arx": a fortress, or an "ark", in the sense of a box [chest] or enclosure.

Thus the statement being made here is "Return to (or Restore) the Cave of the Royal Ark." The words at the bottom of the stone, "Prae-Cum", imply the notion of "before time", or "the time before", indicating the Golden Age. The octopus symbol below it, as we have learned from the Priory of Sion itself, represents "the primitive solar religion of Atlantis" - that it, the primeval religious tradition that defined the Golden Age.

MJF: However, “Prae-cum” or precum can also be slang for “ejaculate” in English and may have the exact same meaning in French – “liquide pré-éjaculatoire precum”. This would fit in well with an occultic view of the term.

Even the person whose grave the stone was supposedly made for, Marie de Negre de Blanchefort, whose name means "Black Marie of the White Fort", appears to be used in this context as a symbol of the goddess archetype of Isis, queen of the Golden Age.

MJF: “Black Marie” meaning “Black Mary” could instead relate to the cult of the Black Madonna, which in turn could be concealing a veneration of the mother goddess, of which Isis is an archetype as Twyman proposes.

The term Black Madonna or Black Virgin tends to refer to statues or paintings in Western Christendom of the Blessed Virgin Mary and Infant Jesus, where both figures are depicted as black. The Black Madonna can be found both in Catholic and Orthodox countries. There are at least 180 Vierges Noires in Southern France alone.

1656775021434.png

Black Madonna of Outremeuse, Liege, France being carried in a procession
Some are displayed in museums, but most are in churches or shrines and are venerated by believers. Jungian scholar Ean Begg has conducted a study into the potential pagan origins of the cult of the black Madonna and child. Another speculated cause for the dark-skinned depiction is due to pre-Christian deities being re-envisioned as the Madonna and child. Begg has linked the recurring refrain from the Song of Solomon, ‘I am black, and I am beautiful’ to the Queen of Sheba. Thus, we cannot rule out a pagan influence here, which could track back to mother goddesses like Isis and Rhea and by extension to the Grail as well.

Twyman translates “Blanchefort” to mean “Whitefort”. However, “fort” in French means “strong” and not a military fort, the French word for this being “forteresse” from which we get the English word “fortress”, which is abbreviated to “fort”. Whether the French ever make the same abbreviation, I am not sure. You may recall that I mentioned in Part 2 of my article on Abbé Saunière and the Rosicrucians that Margaret Starbird has proposed that ‘the word “magdala” (as in Magdalene) in Hebrew means ‘tower’ (with connotations also of “stronghold” or “fortress”). Can the French Blanchefort therefore be compared to the Hebrew name magdala, particularly as we known that “fort” in French means “strong”? Moreover, if we convert Blanchefort to “Blanche et fort” we get “white and strong”. But if we take further liberties, we could convert the name to “Blanche Maison” or “White House”, “Casa Blanca” in Spanish. If this is a possible root of the surname, then it links us to something the C’s spoke about in the Session dated 2 May 1998:

Q: Okay. Did somebody travel to France carrying some sort of object, or a person who was this 'object,' so to speak, as the 'holy bloodline,' or whatever?

A: Maybe it was carried by those most capable.

Q: And who would be those most capable?

A: Check the geographic link.

Q: I am getting completely confused. I don't have a single clue about what is going on here or even what we are talking about now!

A: Where are the Pyrenees?

Q: On the border between France and Spain.

A: Who lives there?

Q: The Basques, among others. Is that who we are getting at? Or the Alchemists? These beings....

Q: The Rosicrucians? So, what does that have to do with this bloodline and Holy Grail business, and Joseph of Arimathea and Mary Magdalene... I mean, did Mary Magdalene exist as a person?

Q: Was she the wife of Jesus?

A: No.
[MJF: which seems to put paid to Dan Brown and his ideas as expressed in The Da Vinci Code!]

Q: So, all these stories being made up about all these people and dramatic scenarios...

A: It is not the people but the message, the artifacts hold the key.

Q: What artifacts? Where are these artifacts?

A: France, Spain, Canary Islands and Morocco.

Q: What kind of artifacts are they? Things that still exist?

[…..]

Q: Any more clues you want to give on that? Are we supposed to actually physically go to these places?

A: What does "Casablanca" mean in Spanish?

Q: White House.

However, in the Session dated 20 August 2001, the C’s subsequently explained the relevance of the term “White House”:

Q: What is important about "White House?"
A: Future Hit 4th density.
Q: Future what 4th density?
A: Hit.
Q: (A) What was the question? (L) What is important about white house.
A: Go to 4th density through there.
Q: What does white house actually mean? Is it a building, or does it have an esoteric meaning?
A: Genetic structure.
Q: So it's a "house" more in the sense of the Green Language in the Babel book?

Thus, the reference to “White House” now takes on a far more metaphysical meaning, which makes me wonder about the true origins of the Blanchefort family name and their possible links to the Rosicrucians (the real ‘Priory of Sion’) and the enclave of Alchemists in the Pyrenees.

1656775201915.png
The Blanchefort Tombstone
The letters "P" and "S" are at the top of the stone, surrounded by a Fibonacci spiral.

The same "P", "S", and spiral can be found at the bottom of Sauniere's first parchment. These letters, presumably, stand for "Priory of Sion." [
MJF: Do they though?] At the bottom of Parchment Two, the word "SION" is spelled backwards, and the "O" has a dot in the middle, causing it to resemble the astrological sign for the Sun.(1) As I looked at these clues again, I began to see the secret which these clues pointed to.

A pertinent line from Le Serpent Rouge reads:

"
I pivot, looking from the rose from P to that of the S, then from the S to P"

The letters "P" and "S" are at the top of the stone, surrounded by a Fibonacci spiral.

It certainly seems so.

As I have mentioned before, the meaning of the inscriptions on this gravestone have become part of the Rennes-le-Chȃteau mythology and have been debated endlessly. However, diligent research by the French researcher Pierre Jarnac has discovered that the ‘second’ gravestone of Marie de Negri d’Ables, shown above, is a forgery of the mid-1960’s – perhaps instigated by Pierre Plantard or a fellow member of the modern Priory of Sion. If so, what message were the perpetrators trying to send?

Before returning to Twyman’s article, I need to refer to the article by Mark Naples called Reading Between the Lines: The Parchments:
“This is perhaps the aspect of the Rennes-le-Château mystery that has attracted the most interest - and the most controversy.

The Dossiers secrets claims that Abbé Saunière had found a collection of parchments hidden in his church. These were supposedly placed there by his predecessor, Abbé Antoine Bigou, who had recovered them from an earlier hiding place on the deathbed instructions of Marie de Nègre d'Ables, Dame de Hautpoul-Blanchefort.

The parchments were said to contain genealogical information relating to the survival of the Merovingian bloodline, and extracts from the Gospels in Latin that contained coded messages.

The genealogical documents have never been made public, although they are supposed to be one of the sources for 'Henri Lobineau's' work on the Merovingian survival that forms the core of the Dossiers secrets.

It is claimed that they were acquired by a group of British businessmen - with connections to the intelligence services
* - and were locked away in a London bank vault until the late 1970s. This aspect of the mystery is currently the subject of a Mystery TV documentary project.

MJF: *see my discussion on the League of Antiquarian Booksellers and their links to British Intelligence in my article The Chateau of Arginy in France - see Alton Towers, Sir Francis Bacon and the Rosicrucians | Page 34 | Cassiopaea Forum

The coded parchments have been published, the first time being in Gérard de Sède's 1967 book L'Or de Rennes (the Gold of Rennes).

How de Sède came by them is not known for certain - he would only say that he was given them by someone closely connected with Rennes-le-Château. It has been speculated that this was either Noël Corbu or Pierre Plantard.

THE 'DAGOBERT' PARCHMENT

The text on this parchment, the shorter of the two, is a composite of different Gospel accounts of Jesus and his disciples eating corn on the Sabbath.

1656780753061.png

The hidden message was discovered by Henry Lincoln in 1969. Some of the letters are raised above the rest on the line, and simply reading them in order gives the words:

A DAGOBERT II ROI ET A SION EST CE TRESOR ET IL EST LA MORT

In translation:

To Dagobert II, King, and to Sion is this treasure and he is there dead.”

Some have read 'il est la mort' as 'it is death'. This reading is possible, but 'he is there dead' is the more obvious meaning to a French reader.

The message links four familiar themes from the Dossiers secrets: the Merovingian king Dagobert II, Sion (presumably a reference to the Priory of Sion), treasure and the presence of an important dead body or tomb.

1656780834179.png
The tombstone of the Dame d'Hautpoul
Notice that she died on 17th January
THE 'SHEPHERDESS' PARCHMENT

This had attracted by far the more interest and attempts at interpretation.

The Latin text is the account from John's Gospel (chapter 12) in which Mary of Bethany (believed by many to be one and the same as Mary Magdalene) anoints Jesus. As with the first parchment, certain letters are picked out - this time by being smaller than the rest -

1656782262125.png
The “Shepherdess” Parchment

which spell the words REX MUNDI, Latin for 'King of the World', a term used by Gnostic heretics such as the Cathars.

Letters lowered below the line spell PANIS and SAL - bread and salt.

Letters, inserted apparently randomly into the text and raised above the line spell AD GENESARETH - 'to Genesareth' - Genesareth being another name for the Sea of Galilee.

But there are also 140 completely extraneous letters that have been inserted here and there throughout the text. When written out they make a hopeless jumble, apart from the AD GENESARETH phrase in the middle.

However, by a complicated decoding process meaningful words can be found. In this process, the inscription on Marie de Nègre d'Ables's tombstone is vital, as it provides the necessary keys.
The steps are:

1. Remove the words AD GENESARETH. This leaves 128 letters.

2. The remaining letters are then put through a classic ciphering system known as a Vigenère Square (after its creator, the 16th-century diplomat and esotericist Blaise de Vigenère). This uses a key word or phrase to encode a message, which the decoder needs to know (or work out). In this case, the key is MORT EPEE ('death sword'), which is an anagram of the anomalous letters on Dame Marie's headstone.

3. The resulting letters are then moved one place up the alphabet - A becomes B, etc.

4. The result is then put through another Vigenère Square. This time the key is the entire text from Dame Marie's headstone with the addition of the words PS PRAECUM, which were supposed to have been inscribed on the second of the two stones on her grave - the whole of this being written backwards.

5. The letters that emerge from this process are then shifted one place down the alphabet.

6. The final process is the most intriguing. The letters are written onto two grids of 64 squares (8 by 8) which are laid out like chessboards. The letters are then read out in a sequence determined by what is known as a 'knight's tour'. In this, a knight is moved around the board in such a way as to touch every square on the board once, and no square twice. There are several versions of the knight's tour, the one used here being a variation of that devised by de Moivre.

The final result of this tortuous process is the message:

BERGERE PAS DE TENTATION QUE POUSSIN TENIERS GARDENT LE CLEF PAX DCLXXXI PAR LE CROIX ET CE CHEVAL DE DIEU J'ACHEVE CE DAEMON DE GARDIEN A MIDI POMMES BLEUES

This is at least readable, even if we are no wiser as to what it means.

Remarkably, this message is a perfect anagram of the inscription on Dame Marie's headstone, with the addition of the words PS PRAECUM, which appear on the second stone said to have been on her grave
[MJF: which we suspect is a fake headstone but the message on it may still be relevant.].

THE CODING PROCESS

While ingenious, the method of encoding the message (which is, of course, the reverse of the decoding method shown above) is, in cryptographical terms, ridiculous.

It requires an unnecessary number of steps, each of which is purely arbitrary, the whim of whoever devised it.

The result is a code that is unbreakable. Anyone attempting to break a code has to work out - or guess - the encoding process. The process used here is so convoluted, unorthodox and arbitrary that it is simply impossible for a codebreaker to work them out.

For example, one of the keys to the Vigenère Square is the entire text of Dame Marie's headstone plus nine letters taken from another inscription - all of which is written backwards! Not even the most brilliant codebreaker would think to try this, let alone the use of the knight's tour and the other steps in the decoding process.

This calls into question the claim in the Dossiers secrets that Abbé Emile Hoffet broke the code within a few days of Saunière bringing him the parchments. Gérard de Sède's source claimed that the code had been broken using a computer, which also cannot be true - no computer could work out the arbitrary and illogical steps needed to decode the message.

Whoever gave the solution to Gérard de Sède must have known the decoding system - and they could only have got it, directly or indirectly, from the person who encoded it in the first place.

Significantly, the solution to the code - the final message - was first published in one of the Dossiers secrets, Madeleine Blancasall's The Merovingian Descendants, in 1965. The parchment - giving the coded form of the message - was not published for another two years, when it appeared in Sède's book. And while de Sède published the solution, he did not give the decoding method.

What was the purpose of concealing the message in code in the first place?

The usual assumption is that the message was encoded and hidden in the parchment in order to pass it on to someone in the future - someone who would find the parchment and be clever enough to work out how to decode it.

However, this runs completely counter to the normal principles of cryptography. Normally, a code or cipher is used to pass messages between two or more people while keeping them secret from anyone else. This obviously requires that the sender and receiver of a message know the coding system and key words used. Codes are not used simply to leave messages lying around for posterity.

In the case of the parchment message, whoever encoded it must have expected it to be found by someone who knew how to decipher it - i.e., someone who had been told what the steps in the decoding process were, and what key words and phrases are needed. This means that the coder must have communicated the decoding process to them. In which case, why didn't they send the message as well, rather than hiding it inside the altar of Rennes-le-Château church [MJF: If they did]?

Finally, if the parchment was intended to pass on some highly secret information, why is the message that is finally revealed so unclear? The strange and obscure references - to the painters Poussin and Teniers, 'the daemon guardian' and, most surreal of all, 'blue apples' - may make sense to some people who have been initiated into certain secrets.

However, if so then they must already know what those secrets are - which makes the parchment superfluous! [
MJF: On that basis, why did Nicolas Poussin bother to encode secrets in his paintings of The Shepherds of Arcadia unless they were meant to be read and interpreted only by the cognoscenti?]

To compound the confusion, Philip de Chérisey, an associate of Pierre Plantard's, who many believe was involved in the creation of the Dossiers secrets, later claimed that he had devised this message and the parchments in the early 1960s. [MJF: This could be true.]

1656781246273.png
Philippe de Chérisey

WHAT DOES THE MESSAGE MEAN?

Although there is no punctuation, the text naturally falls into individual sentences and phrases. The original publication, in the Dossiers secrets, gave the following rendering:

Bergère pas de tentation. Que Poussin Teniers gardent la clef. Pax DCLXXXI (681). Par la croix et ce cheval de dieu. J'achève ce daemon de gardien à midi. Pommes bleues.

In English this reads as:

Shepherdess no temptation. That Poussin [and] Teniers keep the key. Peace 681. By the cross and this horse of God. I finish off this guardian daemon at midday. Blue apples.

“Gardent la clef” is often translated as 'hold the key', but this introduces a double meaning that doesn't work in French and which could lead English-speaking researchers astray [MJF: I think this is just semantics since the meaning is not really lost in my view – “hold” in this sense does not mean physically hold but instead something more like “possess”, which is similar in meaning to “keep”].

For example, it has been suggested that it is a reference to a painting of someone holding a key. Garder means 'to guard' or 'to keep', but not literally 'to hold'.

J'achève means 'I complete' or, euphemistically, 'I kill'. Most commentators take the latter meaning, but here it is translated 'I finish off', as this covers both interpretations.

Although midi means both 'midday' and 'south', the most likely reading of à midi is 'at
midday'.

Working out the meaning of entire message has exercised many minds for decades. The usual interpretations of the individual references are:
  • Shepherdess: A reference to Nicolas Poussin's painting The Shepherds of Arcadia.
  • No temptation: A reference to David Teniers's painting The Temptation of St Anthony.
  • Poussin and Teniers: Reinforces the above references.
  • Peace 681: Sigebert IV, the Merovingian survivor, was said to have been brought to Rennes-le-Château in the year AD 681.
MJF: The first problem we face here is that there were three paintings of Saint Anthony’s Temptation by two different David Teniers. The two artists were in fact father and son. You will see the third version in Part 2 of the article but these are the versions Naples incorporated in his article.

1656781435063.png
David Teniers's The Temptation of St Anthony (after 1640)

1656781481975.png
David Teniers's The Temptation of St Anthony (ca. 1650s)

The other references, to 'the cross', 'the horse of God', the 'guardian demon' - and especially 'blue apples' - are open to many interpretations.

MJF: Well, they certainly are, and I hope to look at some of these interpretations in a subsequent post. However, for now, I would point out that a cross, a guardian demon (Asmodeus or Rex Mundi) and blue apples do all feature in Abbé Saunière’s church at Rennes-le-Chȃteau, as discussed in previous articles and in this article too.

1656781552244.png

Photo taken at 12:45pm in the church at Rennes le Chateau on 17 January 2005
Copyright (c) 2005 - Marcus Williamson
The most surreal and enigmatic phrase, 'blue apples', may be a reference to a phenomenon that occurs in Rennes-le-Château church in mid-January (i.e., around 17 January). As the low winter sun shines through one of the stained-glass windows, blue shapes, resembling apples, are projected onto the wall of the church.

MJF: I have to say that this is a truly bizarre image, yet I doubt very much if it was created by pure accident. Incidentally, I have never seen this image in any other work on the Mystery of Rennes-le-Château.

For some reason the image reminds me of certain things Laura said whilst under hypnosis by Vincent Bridges in the session dated 5 July 2001:

Laura: Ooh! Look at that!
VB: What did you see? Describe it.
Laura:
Living light. Iridescent light. Iridescent shapes. Like shimmering eggs.
VB: Can you see them now?
Laura: No. They emerged and receded.
VB: Feel that waving darkness.
Laura: Yes. It's purple.
VB: [Voice very sharp.] What's the purpose of doing the mirror work?
Laura: To bond with another reality.
VB: What reality?
Laura:
Fourth density.
VB: And what in 4th density do you need to bond with?
Laura: Awareness. When you see, you become more aware. And the more aware you are, the more you are able to operate in that reality, to become more free of restriction and deception.

VB: Can you see the eggs again?
Laura: Now I see a shaft of light coming down from the upper left to the lower right, like a light beam.
VB: I want you to imagine that you're moving into that light. See yourself in the mirror moving into that light beam. Does anything change?
Laura: Everything's brighter.
VB: How do you feel in the light beam?
Laura: Fine. It pulsates.
VB: Will you allow Laura to see - or can Laura see...
Laura: If the appropriate question is asked.
VB: Can Laura see what's happening through the mirror?
Laura: If the appropriate question is asked.
VB: Can you show Laura where the artifact is?
Laura: What artifact
? [The Holy Grail]
VB: The artifact that was discussed on the board, in the past.
Laura:
At the appropriate time.
VB: So that means you could show it but you're not going to show it now?
Laura:
There are several steps that must precede such.
VB: Can you tell us about those steps?
Laura: You have to ask a simple question. It has to be phrased simply and specifically.
VB: [Sharp and impatient.] Anybody ELSE want to give it a try with a question?
Ark:
Can you see kabbalah tree? Its real structure? Through all the densities?
Laura: Umm!
As close a representation as there is, it seems is...
VB: [Interrupting] Can you allow yourself to see it by looking through the mirror...
Laura: [Apparently ignoring VB] Now this is very strange.
VB: Describe it.
Laura: Aaaah! This is a very fluid place! Whooo!
VB: Describe it. How do you mean "fluid?"
Laura: Ahh! Well, light doesn't go in straight beams here. It... it ... it's like ropes or strings.
You ask about kaballah tree and suddenly I see ropes and strings, structures... the object that we draw as the kaballah tree is very structured and static and has nothing to do with the real thing! Here it is - and it's almost indescribable.
VB: Keep looking. What happens as you just watch? Can you still see the tree?
Laura: Yes, it's living light that moves and connects like a vast network with infinite...

Could Abbe Saunière have therefor intended this effect to be a representation of the Kaballah Tree, in the same way perhaps that the feathered serpent deity Kukulkan is remembered at the Mayan city of Chichen Itza during the famous descent of the snake down the step pyramid at the time of the Spring and Autumn Equinoxes? The C’s discussed this phenomenon with Laura in the Session dated 29 August 1998:

Q: It also says here that on this pyramid, at the time of the Spring and Autumn equinoxes, combined patterns of light and dark combine to create the illusion of a giant serpent undulating on the northern staircase. On each occasion the illusion lasts for 3 hours and 22 minutes exactly. What was this optical illusion created to convey?

A: Worship of serpentine deity.

Q: Was it created to convey or produce any other effect other than worship?

A: The key is in the reading of the geometric cycle.

You may reasonably argue that it is simply a trick of light, but Saunière was very precise in the layout and decoration of his church, the Tour Magdala and his churchyard. So why not here? Recall also that the C’s said in the Session dated 12 July 1997:

Q: Okay, in this relief painting done by Berenger Sauniere in the church at Rennes-le- Chateau, Mary Magdalene is depicted as gazing hopefully or reverently at a tree branch formed into a cross, stuck in the ground. What kind of tree is it?

A: The "tree of life."

And in the Session dated 5 December 1998:

A: Just look. Now folks, remember: Rennes-le-Chateau is a means, not an end. Sort of like unlocking the trunk, expecting to find the gold, and merely finding a map.

Is this dazzling image of the light orbs part of that map perhaps?

THE MYSTERY

What was the purpose of the parchment? The possible answers to this question are:

1. The parchment really is one of the collection that Saunière found, and conveys some genuine, if enigmatic, information that presumably makes sense to certain initiates.

2. Saunière did find parchments, but the published versions are misinformation, created later in order to lead researchers away from the real ones.

3. The parchments, and the story that Saunière found them, are a fabrication, but intended to make public genuine esoteric information.

4. The parchments are part of an elaborate hoax, the motive for which is unknown, and contain nothing of value.

MJF: Well, if the parchments are simply a hoax, why did British Intelligence go to such efforts to secure copies of them. So, take your pick.

Continued in Part 2

It's largely taken from Part IV of "Rule by Secrecy" by Jim Marrs.

-> Rule By Secrecy
Thank you for spotting this. Jim Marrs was indeed a good researcher and writer and is sorely missed. I haven't read this particular work of his but I did read his book on the Illuminati, which was very informative. I would recommend it.

I don't own this thread so people are entitled, within Forum guidelines, to post what they like here but I think it would help if they kept to the narrative being developed over time. If people were not already aware of the background to the Templars and the Cathars, who are two groups highly relevant to the thread, and these history driven posts help, then all well and good. However, I don't think it is ever a good practice to just dump stuff in a post and pass it off as your own material without giving proper attribution to the authors you are quoting.​

Back
Top Bottom