Amanda Knox - guilty or innocent?

My suspect is that those guys at a certain point can morph into "Integral Furbos", a condition of mind-mask so deep they cannot escape. They'll believe their own lies in idle mode, and maybe only a few could be awakened by a deep shock, like finding another furbo to ruin their own lives... if they still have a soul that deserves that grace!

Now I have doubts also on Guede's guilt. He did everything possible to appear guilty, much more than the naive Knox&Sollecito. His conversation with his close friend was tapped, but released only partially it seems, which is suspicious.

Fact is, as far as I've read it, Bruno Pellero's massive expertize report on the nutty wanderings of the two Meredith's cell phones, went almost unnoticed, and tells us that the phones where out of the house at 10 pm. Unfortunately I can't read the "Forgotten Killer" book by now, to see if more has been revealed.

_http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/28/world/europe/amanda-knox-trial.html?emc=edit_na_20150327&nlid=68377642&_r=0
Breaking.
Amanda Knox and Ex-Boyfriend Are Acquitted of Murder by Italian Court

Italy’s highest court acquitted Amanda Knox and her Italian former boyfriend of murder on Friday, throwing out all charges and ending a long-running courtroom drama over the killing of a British student in 2007.

The ruling was a shock in Italy, where the convictions had been expected to be upheld in the death of the student, Meredith Kercher. It the second time that the court, known as the Supreme Court of Cassation, has vacated an appellate court ruling in the case.

dantem said:
My suspect is that those guys at a certain point can morph into "Integral Furbos", a condition of mind-mask so deep they cannot escape. They'll believe their own lies in idle mode, and maybe only a few could be awakened by a deep shock, like finding another furbo to ruin their own lives... if they still have a soul that deserves that grace!

Now I have doubts also on Guede's guilt. He did everything possible to appear guilty, much more than the naive Knox&Sollecito. His conversation with his close friend was tapped, but released only partially it seems, which is suspicious.

Fact is, as far as I've read it, Bruno Pellero's massive expertize report on the nutty wanderings of the two Meredith's cell phones, went almost unnoticed, and tells us that the phones where out of the house at 10 pm. Unfortunately I can't read the "Forgotten Killer" book by now, to see if more has been revealed.

Like the blind narcissist leading the blind! So glad the case is now terminated and people are free to get on with their lives. So who is the killer and is he still at large? Awful that innocent people have wasted so much of their lives for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. All is lessons but implication to being there in the first place. That is why I am so careful of the few I allow to come into my space. You don't know what negativity or bad intentions they are bringing in with them. Nowadays even genuine, innocent help to people can come back to haunt you. We can blame the useless Italian jurisdiction service but I think they are all very similar nowadays. I don't know one justice system I could trust.

Edit - Sorting out the quoting system!

Keit said:
_http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/28/world/europe/amanda-knox-trial.html?emc=edit_na_20150327&nlid=68377642&_r=0
Breaking.

This is good news for these two young people. It seems the prosecutors in Italy embellished this "sex game gone wrong" scenario and just ran with it, despite the lack of evidence.

Lilou said:
Keit said:
Breaking.

This is good news for these two young people. It seems the prosecutors in Italy embellished this "sex game gone wrong" scenario and just ran with it, despite the lack of evidence.

Agreed Lilou. This was a blatant miscarriage of justice. I'm really happy for both of them, now that their ordeal is over.

Italy's highest court has finally released their decision in acquitting Amanda Knox of murder. They came to the same conclusion that Douglas Preston, Jim Clemente, and many others have, that the murder investigation was sloppy and the prosecutors railroaded Knox and Sollecito due to pressure from the incredible publicity the case garnered. At least one court in Italy is functioning as it should. Now if only the high court would turn their attention to the investigators, prosecutors, and lower courts which were all complicit in this sham and oust them, maybe Italy would take a step forward.

http://www.sott.net/article/301290-Italys-highest-court-slams-Amanda-Knox-investigation-for-glaring-errors-and-investigative-bouts-of-amnesia

Italy's top criminal court said Monday that it threw out the murder convictions of American student Amanda Knox and her former Italian boyfriend earlier this year because of "glaring errors" and a hit-and-miss hunt for a scapegoat to satisfy public opinion.

The stunning ruling in March — which wasn't explained until Monday's filing was published — marked one more twist in a years-long saga that boomeranged through the Italian criminal justice system, captivated two countries and left Knox and her ex-boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito, to serve four years in jail.

At the center of the case was the brutal 2007 killing of Knox's 21-year-old roommate, Meredith Kercher.

Knox and Sollecito were arrested after Kercher was found dead in a pool of blood in the apartment the two women shared in the university town of Perugia, with as many as 40 knife wounds over her half-naked body.

Prosecutors argued that Kercher was killed as part of a sex game. Knox and Sollecito said they were alone together on the night in question, watching a movie, smoking pot and having sex, but they were convicted of the killing two years later.

In 2011, the convictions were overturned. Knox fled Italy for her hometown, Seattle, where she remained during a second trial and where she promised she would stay — even if she was convicted again.

"I will not willingly submit myself to injustice," she told TODAY in an interview last year.

In March, a conviction was once again overturned.

The latest decision, from the Court of Cassation, Italy's equivalent of the Supreme Court, slammed police and prosecutors for "stunning weakness" and "investigative bouts of amnesia."

Because no biological evidence from Knox or Sollecito was found at the house in Perugia where Kercher was murdered, the 52-page opinion said, their "participation" in the killing should have been "excluded."

"There was no shortage of glaring errors in the underlying fabric of the sentence in question," the court wrote.

The alleged murder weapon, a kitchen knife found at Sollecito's house, was kept in a cardboard box — "the kind that gadgets are wrapped up in for Christmas" — and a bra clasp said to have carried DNA evidence was left on the floor for 46 days.

The third person accused in the murder, Ivory Coast-born Rudy Guede, who is serving a 16-year sentence after opting for a fast-track trial, left "copious" biological traces at the scene, the court said.

Avid media attention and the nationalities of the people involved led to "a spasmodic search for one or more guilty parties to offer up to international public opinion," the court concluded, which "certainly did not aid the search for the truth."

Further prosecution is barred under Italian law.

In a statement posted on her website Monday afternoon, Knox said that she was "grateful" that the court "forcefully declared my innocence."

"This has been a long struggle for me, my family, my friends, and my supporters. While I am glad it is now over, I will remain forever grateful to the many individuals who gave their time and talents to help me," she wrote.

"Today would not have been possible without your unwavering support. I will now begin the rest of my life with one of my goals being to help others who have been wrongfully accused."

Sollecito told the Italian news agency ANSA: "It is clear, it is definite, that I was the victim of a gross miscarriage of justice that will remain in history."

Sollecito's attorneys have said they are working on a claim for wrongful imprisonment.

Luca Maori, one of his attorneys, called Monday's explanation "no-nonsense" and "clear."

"All of our arguments have been accepted," Maori told ANSA. "In a few no-nonsense pages, the Supreme Court has clarified the whole affair: For Sollecito and Knox, there are no clues or evidence."

I am really glad to hear this. I read the account by the US journalist who worked closely with the Italian journalist and blew this whole case open for the shoddy/corrupt police work being done. Those two kids were clearly railroaded by a psychopathic prosecutor. And the parents of the poor murdered girl were taken in by that nonsense which just makes their situation worse because not only did they lose their daughter, they were lied to by the Italian authorities and placed blame on the wrong people.

I never thought Knox and Sollecito were guilty beyond initially, when the media was portraying bits and pieces out of context, but once I looked at the overall "evidence" made available to the public I wondered why they were still being detained. Apparently it was because of Amanda Knox's "confession" which shouldn't have been taken seriously under the circumstances, and especially after her boss, whom she named as a co-conspirator, was released.

A couple of years ago I read an interview of the Kercher family (the slain girl's family members). I was somewhat shocked that they avidly believed in the guilt of Knox and Sollecito. Obviously authorities must have had them convinced, but it made me wonder what Merideth Kercher's thoughts had been of Amanda Knox prior to the murder. I always doubted that there was that much tension between them as the media portrayed, but she would have written letters to her family and surely would have mentioned if she had such bad feelings for one of her roommates. Not that it has anything to do with anything but it just made me curious.

ARC

I'm glad to hear this too. What a terrible ordeal she had to go through, and also a terrible ordeal for her family and the victim's family, all for something that she didn't do. I hope the officials responsible for this mess are held accountable, though I'm not holding my breath for that to happen.

I am reviving this thread because of the circumstances and place of this recent murder :

A murder investigation has been launched by Italian police after an American artist was found dead in her flat in Florence.

Ashley Ann Olsen, 35, was found in her apartment with bruises and scratches on her neck, according to Italian police.

Local media also reported her boyfriend, described as an Italian artist living in Florence, was the one who discovered the body and alerted the police.

Reports by Italian media say she was strangled to death, although police have declined to confirm this. Florence prosecutors have opened a murder probe into her death.

Her boyfriend was said to have become worried after not hearing from her for several days following an argument, and went to see Ms Olsen at the flat.

When no one answered the door bell, he asked the apartment’s owner to open the door on Saturday.

He reportedly phoned the police, but she had been dead for hours.

Her body was formally identified by her father, who teaches at a school in Florence, according to local TV and newspaper reports.

According to La Repubblica, investigators have seized Ms Olsen’s computer, as well as taken her boyfriend and a group of mostly American friends in for questioning.

Ms Olsen was active on social media, regularly sharing photos of her life in Florence on Instagram and Facebook.

The newspaper said her body was found in a flat she had been living in for the past two years, and was located in Santa Monaca, close to the city centre.

_http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/ashley-ann-olsen-murder-probe-italy-florence-apartment-american-artist-found-naked-dead-a6804761.html

and the detective assigned to the case is Giacinto Profazio, previously involved in the Amanda knox story, which really begs the question, if they will botch it up yet again ?

...The investigator in charge of the Florence Flying Squad is no stranger to high profile murder cases involving foreigners, having led the investigation into British exchange student Meredith Kercher’s murder in Perugia in 2007. As head of the Perugia Flying Squad at the time, Giacinto Profazio was present at Amanda Knox’s interrogation and had testified that the American from Seattle did cartwheels and the splits in the police station while waiting to be questioned about Miss Kercher's murder.
Miss Knox, who Italy’s Supreme Court last year acquitted of murder, maintained she was just doing yoga to relieve stress. Mr. Profazio was later transfered to Rome, then appointed in early 2015 to lead Florence Flying Squad, where he now is among the lead investigators probing Olsen’s murder.

_http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/12091643/Italian-police-search-for-killer-after-American-socialite-found-strangled-in-her-Florence-apartment.html

Giancinto Profazio, the Italian detective in charge of the murder investigation, is the same officer who led the investigation into British exchange student Meredith Kercher's death in 2007 that eventually ensnarled Amanda Knox and her boyfriend, said the Daily Mail.

Last September, Italy's highest court threw out the Knox's conviction, citing "glaring errors," "investigative amnesia," and "guilty omissions" against her and Raffaele Sollecito, said CNN.

_http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/ashley-olsen-florence-strangling-amanda-knox/2016/01/12/id/709099/

Amanda Knox, back in Italy for the first time since her 2015 murder acquittal, broke down in tears on Saturday as she relived her eight-year ordeal of trials and imprisonment, and the media frenzy surrounding it.

Amanda Knox breaks down in Italy as she relives murder trial
Amanda Knox, who has returned to Italy for the first time since being cleared of the murder of British student Meredith Kercher, cries as she speaks at the Criminal Justice Festival in Modena, Italy June 15, 2019. REUTERS/Guglielmo Mangiapane

Speaking at a conference on criminal justice in the northern Italian city of Modena, Knox said she had considered suicide while in jail, and she blamed the media for its treatment of her and her trial, which was closely followed around the world.

“To the world, I wasn’t a suspect innocent until proven guilty, I was a cunning, psychopathic, dirty, drugged-up -jezebel- who was guilty until proven otherwise,” she told the audience.

“The prosecutors and the media created a story and a version of me that suited that story, on which people could attach all their fantasies, fears and moral judgments... the dirty, psychopathic man-eater Foxy Knoxy.”

Knox, now 31, returned to the United States after Italy’s top court annulled her conviction for the 2007 murder of her British flatmate in the town of Perugia, capping nearly a decade of courtroom drama during which she was twice found guilty.

The brutal stabbing of 21-year-old Meredith Kercher, alleged sex games and multiple trials provided fodder for tabloids on both sides of the Atlantic and inspired books and films.

Rudy Guede, originally from the Ivory Coast, is serving a 16-year sentence for the crime, but judges in the previous trials ruled he did not act alone.

“Lots of people think I am crazy to come here,” Knox said. “I’m afraid today, I am afraid of being harassed, of being trapped, and I am afraid that new accusations will be made just because I have come here to give my version of the facts.”

The Kercher family’s lawyer said her return to Italy was “inappropriate” self-promotion. But Knox insisted Kercher was her friend and her only intention was to draw attention to miscarriages of justice and the risks of an irresponsible media.

While definitively clearing Knox of the murder in 2015 due to insufficient evidence, the Rome court confirmed a previous three-year sentence given to her for falsely accusing Congolese barman Patrick Lumumba of the crime.

Knox said she had given the false statement because police had worn her down during “50 hours of interrogation, with no lawyer, in a language I spoke like a baby.”

January, the European Court of Human Rights ruled Knox had not had a fair trial for the malicious accusation charge and ordered Italy to pay her 18,400 euros ($21,000) in damages and costs, well below the 2.7 million euros she had sought.

During her 40-minute speech on “Trial by Media”, Knox’s voice broke frequently and she paused to sip from a glass of water.

She lost control and wept openly when she recalled her father visiting her in jail and telling her there was no near-term prospect of her release.

She said she would like to meet again with the prosecuting magistrate, who she saw then as “a nightmare figure, a monster whose only goal was to destroy me for no reason,” but who she now realized was only trying to secure justice for Kercher.

Slideshow (6 Images)
Amanda Knox breaks down in Italy as she relives murder trial

I was surprised when I saw she was going back to Italy because I felt like it would be quite the difficult time for her to relive the experience. I think it shows a lot that despite that, she went to give a talk and spread awareness of the problems with the Italian justice system. I'd really like to see her giving that talk.

Edit: I found the video in the Reuters article angelburst linked to

Many years have passed with flip flopping judgements in society, as the story broke and the trial (flawed judicial and public) ran its course. Had watched the full documentary of Amanda's case with the evidence presented, perhaps near a year ago. How they ever let this case proceed with such blatant omission of evidence, was astounding - talk about being railroaded.

Anyway, ended up coming back to the case today for another reason, and know nothing of the film except that it was acted by Matt Damon, and it is called Stillwater. The film has an undercurrent directed at Amanda Knox, for which she let it be known that she is not happy:

From the above, one learns she married, has a child and speaks out on podcasts - she has a mission described here:

And lastly, Amanda has a website (jointly with here husband) that lists some of here articles, interviews and other categories.

Labyrinths » Amanda Knox

One category is Speaking, and will leave this with the following snip:

Speaking​

1662502101677.png

Why amanda knox is captivating audiences​

On any given week, the international criminal justice system sees wrongful convictions, prosecutorial misconduct, aggressive interrogation techniques, and cases that test the limits of our empathy and morality. Perhaps no case in the 21st century better encapsulates these systemic issues than that of Amanda Knox. In late 2007, Knox was thrust into international headlines when she stood accused of the murder of her roommate and fellow study abroad student Meredith Kercher in Perugia, Italy. After nearly 4 years in prison and 8 years on trial, she was definitively acquitted of the crime, but the scars left by the ordeal ran deep.
Rather than retreat into obscurity, Knox has tirelessly devoted the time since to shedding light on the pervasive issues of wrongful conviction, public shaming, and our frequently imperfect methods of seeking truth. Through her writing, journalism, and public advocacy, Knox delves deep into these universal topics while also speaking to the specific social crises highlighted by her harrowing experience—the epidemic of misogyny, controversy-hungry tabloid culture, “fake news” and misinformation, and our increasingly elusive sense of empathy. Thoughtful, passionate, and revelatory, Amanda Knox is no longer waiting to be heard.

speaking topics​

• Overcoming Adversity
  • Navigating Controversy
  • Forgiveness and Empathy
  • Coming of Age in the Midst of a Crisis
  • Truth vs. “Fake News”
  • Feminism and Misogyny
  • Family and Sacrifice
  • Wrongful Convictions: Causes and Solutions
  • The Differences Between the U.S. and Italian Criminal Justice Systems

The Ivorian who murdered Meredith Kirchner has been charged with beating up his ex only six months after his prison release. :evil: She was also raped according to her statement in the Daily Mail. In the end he only served 16 years and was allowed to get his degree. This is one of the captions of the DM:
Guede is working as a researcher and librarian at the Centre for Crime, Judicial and Sociological studies in the centre of Viterbo
I shouldn't be surprised that psychopaths are rewarded for their crimes, but I think it is sickening.

Meredith's parents both died in 2020 4 months apart, but the family only revealed their deaths in November 2022.

Both seem to have died surrounded by turmoil:
Arline, 74, is thought to have died at a hospital in Carshalton, Surrey, during the early phase of the Covid pandemic in May 2020, and is buried next to her daughter in Croydon, south London.
According to the Guardian the father died after a suspected hit-and-run, as he had a "series of injuries", including a few broken limbs.

But this article reports that he died from a fall:
...he was found yards from his front door collapsed on the pavement.

Scotland Yard initially said John died in a suspected hit-and-run, but later said he had died of a fall.

An inquest into John’s death heard the freelance journalist was found by passers-by near his home in Croydon, south London, on a “dark, wet and windy” night in mid-January last year.

He was “conscious but confused” and did not know why he was on the ground, the court heard.
Apparently, the coroner couldn't say whether he was killed in a hit-and-run or not.

It leaves me wondering what Meredith's siblings have to say now that the murderer of their sister has been charged with assault, but I hope they will be able to get some peace after all these tragedies in their family and hopefully they will find out the truth one day. :-(

Back
Top Bottom