Amanda Knox - guilty or innocent?

Sorry, I haven't had time to read the thread fully, but this is what Jim Clemente says about the case:

I can't watch videos from where I am right now, so I am not sure if it works or what he says:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIbxoFUjc1Y

Dylan Farrow has written a letter in the New York Times alleging sexual abuse by Woody Allen in a detailed list of incidents, but is there enough evidence to confirm abuse by Allen? Child victims, probably cause, and prosecuting after years is discussed, along with the exemption that famous people get from criminal prosecution. Also, the latest on Amanda Knox and her retrial, the continued Justin Bieber legal problems, and the arrest made in the follow up to "A Call To My Childhood Rapist Teacher" are discussed with retired FBI SSA Jim Clemente in this edition of Crime Time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wNSdqys9Tc

Published on Feb 7, 2014

Amanda Knox was retried for the murder of Meredith Kercher, and we look at the tainted evidence and mishandling of the crime scene in Italy, and discuss the problem of DNA evidence in the case. We discuss nationalism, conspiracy and the media storm around the sexual habits of Ms. Knox in this Crime Time with guest retired FBI SSA Jim Clemente.

M.T.

Also, I am not really familiar with Twitter, but there is an exchange about the case online between Jim and others:

https://twitter.com/JimClemente/status/434382369336745984

EDIT: This is where all his posts come together:
https://twitter.com/JimClemente

Click on "View Conversation" then you have all responses. You don't have to have an account to do this.

He seems to be getting a hard time doubting that she's guilty. This came in an hour ago:

actually I'm reading The Forgotten Killer by Douglas Preston & John Douglas

M.T.

Minas Tirith said:
He seems to be getting a hard time doubting that she's guilty. This came in an hour ago:

Maybe any of ya'll with twitter accounts should slide on over there and give him a hand.

Here's my first attempt at editing Laura's (potential) Amanda Knox article/post.

Attachments

• Document(3).docx
    45.6 KB · Views: 19
Laura said:
Minas Tirith said:

Maybe any of ya'll with twitter accounts should slide on over there and give him a hand.

Good idea, will do. I already had a look.

Maybe also post your article on Twitter, when it is finished, Laura?

H-kqge said:
Here's my first attempt at editing Laura's (potential) Amanda Knox article/post.

Looks like a good first pass. Carry on!

Minas Tirith said:
I can't watch videos from where I am right now, so I am not sure if it works or what he says:

There are only about 5min about Amanda Knox in the vid, sorry for that. Since Jim is reading about it though, the next Crime Time with him will probably feature her case, so I'm looking forward.

EDIT: Aha! Thanks to Twitter:

Check me out on Media Mayhem tomorrow on http://TheLipTV.com Re: Amanda Knox!

6 hours ago.

M.T.

For $3.68 you can read the forensic details and more:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Forgotten-Killer-Meredith-Kercher-ebook/dp/B00I3QZ7G0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393517996&sr=8-1&keywords=the+forgotten+killer

One caution: the chapter by Judge Michael Heavey and Jim Lovering may be off-putting because he describes the Italian supreme court judge who ordered a re-trial AFTER the acquittal from the first appeal in the following way:

... The court of Cassation, Italy's Supreme Court, a body noted for its eccentric thinking and idiosyncratic rulings.

The activities of Ferdinand Imposimato, honorary president of the Supreme Court, show how far off the deep end this eccentricity can go. Imposimato is part of a political cult that believes the U.S. government was behind the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. He thinks the CIA used high explosives to bring down the World Trade Center. He has used his emeritus role with Italy's highest court to promote this belief, which he summarized in an open letter published on a conspiracy Web site:

{T}he collapses had features that indicate controlled explosions. I agree with architect Richard Gage and engineer Jon Cole, both highly experienced professionals, who have arrived at their conclusions through reliable tests, scientific proof, and the visual testimony of people above suspicion, including firefighters and victims. The authoritative theologian David Ray Griffin has described very precisely why the hypothesis of controlled demolition should be taken into consideration.

All of this is manifest nonsense, derived from the phony research of cranks who pass themselves off as experts, but it suits Imposimato's political views. ... In overturning Hellmann's acquittal, they have embraced an accusation that is much like Imposimato's conspiracy theory.

That is a definitely off-putting statement for this guy to put in a book trying to defend Amanda Knox because a whole lot of the activists who are interested in truth, who MIGHT have gotten behind the effort to defend Amanda and hold Italy to account, will automatically assume she MUST be guilty if a great guy like a judge who realizes the truth of the 9-11 inside job says so.

Also, for this judge Heavey to declare people like Richard Gage, Jon Cole, David Ray Griffin professionals all - to be "cranks who pass themselves off as experts" is insulting in the extreme to the heroes of almost HALF of the US population. (Last time I checked it was about that many that thought 9-11 was an inside job.)

So, if Judge Heavey thinks he is doing a good thing here, he's not. He's using Amanda Knox as a platform for his right wing politics.

Tidbits about the Sollecito interview at 'Linea Gialla' TV Show.

First of all, the TV Show host, journalist Salvo Sottile, announced on Twitter today that the Show has been shut down! The cause, as it has been told, being a poor TV audience. Coincidence?

Sollecito was able to defend himself well, and the guy is definitely not a fluent speaker at all, but with a lot of energy. At first he closed one recent smear-campaign against him: A Tabloid shot a 'scoop' picture of Sollecito while out driving with 'his own' Ferrari and a pretty girl... the Ferrari wasn't clearly his own, and the driver/owner of the Ferrari was there at the show as a testimonial; they were part of a media company that had to drive him to a TV studio, no one knows why, anyway. Really vicious stuff.

Together with him and the Host at the show there were two other guests: Mr. Feltri, a well known, hot head, right wing journalist playing the not-guilty party; the other one a certain criminologist, Ms. Bruzzone, playing the guilty-party with not so much success. Feltri actually played like a clown, mocking the whole Italian judiciary system! Of course he was there also to create confusion and push his own agenda, the one that wants Berlusconi to be a fair and clean man and a victim of any judiciary attack... well, I may even try to have doubts on some of them by now :)

Mignini, of course, was not even mentioned. The show went on focusing on the same old diatribe, almost Teological by now, about Trial's trivial details all over again. Sollecito tried to put the psycological aspect into the picture more than once, almost desperately, but it looks to fall always on deaf ears, it's no clue for an Italian mind it seems.

Just to say that I'm almost done with the second version of Laura's article; I would've finished hours ago but I lost a battle with some technical "gremlins". The result was a loss of my file saves & I've had to re-edit the whole thing! :shock: I should be finished soon though... :)

Ok, here's the updated version. I was trying to wield the metaphorical axe but... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Document.docx
    25.7 KB · Views: 14
H-kqge said:
Ok, here's the updated version. I was trying to wield the metaphorical axe but... :rolleyes:

Thanks! I'll take a look at it in the morning. Right now I'm kind of woozy from a day of intense concentration on Paul the Deacon and 250 years of history.

Serendipity said:
Amanda Knox Trial & Media Fiasco with Jim Clemente:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6wiW2iphA4

Hearing the maddening amount of incompetence, negligence, & barefaced criminality of the justice system in this case, especially with Magnini at the helm, read out aloud, makes it even worse. The key points began at approximately 10:00 in the video, & how many people really understand the meaning of what he says at around 37:00? I mean, the crime scene was documented & revealed how badly they botched it all up. That "Mediterranean concept of face" is NOT restricted to them, it's prevalent throughout society & although there's some differences, overall, people still try to save face A LOT. Some places more than others, Africa, Asia, the far east etc.

itellsya said:
It also may be this 'American' attitude, say towards celebrity and exposure that explains, why - to me - she appeared to enjoy that Diane Sawyer interview. Or at least feeling 'overwhelmed' to be in front of such a well known face etc.. forgetting why she's actually there.

Before this post i presumed she was guilty, but i suspect the UK press collaborated in some choreographed manner as per (my thoughts) on the Madeleine Mccann case.

And that she didn't know Kircher, combined with her new status, and freedom; could partly explain why she did seem to just enjoy herself.
Yes, really she seems innocent. In two sense. Innocent as not guilty. And innocent as naive and candid of the corruption around.

Gaby said:
This is absolutely horrifying :O I actually do hope they make a movie with that Preston as the scriptwriter, so the whole world can know how completely backwards and dangerous the Italian judicial system really is.

I really do dislike their "furbo" pride... I hate that word! Some pull it to anybody trying to make a reasonable point, anyone using common sense or trying to make their rights or privacy respected.

You see, Douglas, an Italian must always appear to be furbo. You don't have an English equivalent for that marvelous word. It means a person who is wily and cunning, who knows which way the wind is blowing, who can fool you but never be fooled himself. Everyone in Italy wants to believe the worst of others so they don't end up looking gullible. Above all, they want to be seen as furbo.

And in trying to be "furbi", they are looking like the most imbecilic and paranoid culture among many around the world...
That thing, "furbo", could relate to the "paternal metaphor" of psychoanalysis (though saying this does not mean that Freud and Lacan should be taken as scientific or seriously. They are not), that the father has dominion over the child to determine the place in society, or attach it to a net of religious, patriarchal, values that are immobiles. And the father "enjoyer" who "castrates" the son, also reigns because "know". Has a knowledge that gives him power. Chances are the father really do not have the knowledge, but forces the child to project the power of knowledge in him, and the father feeds the illusion. And this "furbo" might work a bit like that. Appear to have a secret truth. Or rather, to convince others that it is in the hands of the secret knowledge, when really it is not. They are like a set of poses of power, more than anything. Shadows of power. But in the case of those who do have power could turn into monstrous thing. Like Mignini.

dantem said:
I guess that Mr. Mignini has also edited out his name from the Italian wiki page on the Meredith Kercher case. This all so powerful GIP is really scary. It looks he's not so powerful outside Italy after all, but I'm pretty sure he'll sue anyone who's going mainstream on him in any way.
Seeing Mignini's face it's how I imagine cicero, a hog with a human brain at disposition to do evil things. I agree that a good movie that shows the probable truth about this case and the corrupt system would be great. Especially to ridicule a paranoid who sees conspiracies where he want, destroying the lives of very many innocent peoples. And he also can get to invent all the conspiracies to "save the face".

Back
Top Bottom