Any GOOD horror movies?

Some horror movies are now for me out of my life. Because some horror movies are very manipulative. One of the worst, a true nightmare, is "Them". (Ils in French).
I suffered a lot seeing the movie and I think after seeing it I said "Enough is enough". This one scared me because that make me feel impotent. Took out of me energy and fun. Cinema is a good art, I love to see movies. But this one nooooo.

Them (French: Ils) is a 2006 French-Romanian horror film directed by David Moreau and Xavier Palud.[3] According to a title card at the beginning of the film it is "based on real events".

I will not tell you the real events nor about this movie. Just look it without knowing the story, you will suffer the best!

Please! don't see the movie when you are alone at home.

Jacob’s Ladder, one of the most disturbing I’ve ever watched. Actually kind of based on real life events. As for reading can’t go wrong with Steven King.

To stare infinity in the face without flinching, one must know evil and not fear it. The depths of human imagination can be incredibly dark.

That being said these days I mostly focus on the evil happening around us, the dark heart dawning. Paying attention to reality left and right. OSIT.
Jacob’s Ladder, one of the most disturbing I’ve ever watched. Actually kind of based on real life events. As for reading can’t go wrong with Steven King.

To stare infinity in the face without flinching, one must know evil and not fear it. The depths of human imagination can be incredibly dark.

That being said these days I mostly focus on the evil happening around us, the dark heart dawning. Paying attention to reality left and right. OSIT.

It took me three times to be able to sit through this movie, so scary and disturbing was it. Ultimately, a very good story that really stayed with me. Very moving ending. Wonderful supporting characters.

I am scare just seeing the trailer!

I remember seeing the trailer for this one a few years ago but didn't see it. Typically my movie buddy and I rarely see horror flicks although we did go see 'It Chapter 2' tonight. I thought it was very entertaining but longer than necessary. I looked up The Witch and it looks like I can see it on Vudu or Amazon Prime for just a few bucks.

"The Mist" is scary without too much gore, but also thought provoking. People in a small town grocery store are trapped inside when when a government experiment gone wrong opens another dimension. Great example of how people react differently when confronted with an unknown threat.

Glad to see that Jacob's Ladder was mentioned. I love this movie and consider it something of a 'Gnostic Film' because of how its structured to make you think on the nature of reality, and how the main character comes to attain some level of soul-knowledge. Its also, I think, deeply compassionate of the human condition. Don't want to give away too much here though!

For anyone who's seen Jacob's Ladder, I highly recommend seeing the short film An Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge which is based on a short story by the same name, by Ambrose Pierce. Rod Serling was so impressed with it that he got permission to present it as a Twilight Zone episode even though it wasn't made by his production team. The only time he ever did that I think. But the reason I mention it (aside from the fact that it packs a wallop!) is that Jacob's Ladder is based on or inspired by An Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge.

Its available on YouTube for a small charge:

Not really a cinema movie, but rather a TV program, aired in the UK. It's a fake live ghost called "GhostWatch".
Here is a summary of the program (+ spoilers) and the controversy it generated:

So I went to see a movie on my movie pass last night and based on the previews I didn't really expect it to be all that scary, but damn if it didn't scare the bejesus out of me! I probably wouldn't have gone to see it if I had known how scary it was going to be. I spent a good portion watching it through the fingers of my hand over my face!

It's called Count Down. There's a phone app called count down that tells the user how long they have to live right down to the second. There's of course a user agreement that nobody reads that's required before downloading. In the agreement it states that the user cannot use the information to alter their destiny. Pretty much everybody uses the info to change whatever plan they had when the app indicates they are going to die. At that point they have broken the user agreement and instead of just dying according to their fate, now a demon gets involved to insure they die anyway at the appointed time. But the demon isn't just going to kill you, he's going to terrorize you first!

If you're looking for this kind of flick for Halloween, it's a good one!

So I went to see a movie on my movie pass last night and based on the previews I didn't really expect it to be all that scary, but damn if it didn't scare the bejesus out of me! I probably wouldn't have gone to see it if I had known how scary it was going to be. I spent a good portion watching it through the fingers of my hand over my face!

It's called Count Down. There's a phone app called count down that tells the user how long they have to live right down to the second. There's of course a user agreement that nobody reads that's required before downloading. In the agreement it states that the user cannot use the information to alter their destiny. Pretty much everybody uses the info to change whatever plan they had when the app indicates they are going to die. At that point they have broken the user agreement and instead of just dying according to their fate, now a demon gets involved to insure they die anyway at the appointed time. But the demon isn't just going to kill you, he's going to terrorize you first!

If you're looking for this kind of flick for Halloween, it's a good one!
uy uy uy, I saw the trailer and I think I am scared and I am think I will not be able to sleep tonight!

This is a really creepy film starring Peter Cushing as an old priest hiding a dark secret. I first saw this film as a 9 year old kid, my parents were pretty liberal. They'd go out to a club on a Saturday night and I'd chill at home with my brothers and my nan. I still remember my older brother hiding behind the sofa and me telling him what was happening during spooky films, hilarious. This film really creeped me out though, and it's permeated with an unbelievable sense of dread and melancholy. Featuring a great performance from Cushing, a fave actor of mine. John Hurt is very sleazy in this too, he was a great character actor.

If you like British films with a dark twist, give this one a go, but it will get under your skin!

Back
Top Bottom