Are Dogs Smarter Than Cats?

SAMAN je vous demande pardon si je vous ai blessé, j'étais très perturbée, je vais mieux et je vous remercie de vous en soucier, ce n'était pas la peine de vous excuser car je me doute que vous ne l'avez pas fait exprès... LOVE
Un grand merci pour vos deux dernières vidéos toutes en douceur...

SAMAN I apologize if I hurt you, I was very disturbed, I'm better and I thank you for your concern, there was no need to apologize because I suspect that you did not do it on purpose... LOVE
A big thank you for your last two videos all smoothly ...

There is this recent research that indicates that apparently dogs also have a "mid-life crisis".

The researchers were able to identify a number of interesting quirks in canine personality, but one of the most important findings is that dogs tend to be less interested in new things after the age of three. This change was predictable, even in the dogs that hadn’t yet reached that age, and follow-up testing confirmed the change at roughly the same time in each dog’s life.

What they also discovered is that by the time a dog reaches the age of six, their personality is much less likely to dramatically change going forward. It’s not set in stone, of course, and there were individual personality quirks that were observed with certain dogs and not with others, but overall, dogs that reach the age of six are likely to maintain a steady personality for the rest of their lives.

My cat seems to have given me a name. She has a specific vocalisation she uses consistently when she is looking for me, for example if I am in a room and the door is closed. The sound she makes is rrrrr-reow. With an higher pitch at the end of the sound.
I am not sure if she is just looking for anyone but at this point in time I think she uses it to find me specifically. It’s really quite charming.

The other thing she is doing is bringing her favourite toys to me so that I will play with her. The latest is a plastic coated piece of wire formed into a spiral. Grief yesterday it was throughout the entire day!

Attachments

• 2F6D3544-CD73-4AF6-80C7-2FEA42DDB90B.jpeg
    2F6D3544-CD73-4AF6-80C7-2FEA42DDB90B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
  • 9229CE05-6280-4C5A-A450-33EBF1D7DACE.jpeg
    9229CE05-6280-4C5A-A450-33EBF1D7DACE.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
Well, I've changed my views since starting this thread and acquiring a Maine Coon cat in 2017. I will agree that cats are just different, but no less smart. They are just smart in different ways.

Well, I've changed my views since starting this thread and acquiring a Maine Coon cat in 2017. I will agree that cats are just different, but no less smart. They are just smart in different ways.
That's what I always thought. Their body is wired in completely different way to dog's and it reflects in the way they express their intelligence OSIT

Fun trivia for dogs it is very beneficial to regularly fast, this is how they evolved - wild dog hunts are often not successful and they can go without food for days, cat's body however cannot tolerate prolong periods without food and they can develop condition known as hepatic lipidosis or fatty liver syndrome if they dont have regular meals. Not sure if it speaks anything about intelligence but cats definitely have more successful hunting strategies.

Mes 4 chatonnes sont très intelligentes et si différentes entre elles...
Mes deux petits Yorks sont aussi très intelligents mais d'une manière différente, tous les deux et de celle des chatonnes...
Mais ce qui les rassemble tous les 6 c'est leur amour, leur attention, leurs regards dans lesquels je me noie avec délice chaque jour que Dieu fait...

My 4 kittens are very intelligent and so different between them...
My two little Yorks are also very intelligent but in a different way, both of them and from the one of the kittens...
But what gathers them all 6 is their love, their attention, their looks in which I drown with delight every day that God makes...

It happened to me too after a couple of years with a pet cat. I always considered myself a dog person even though I did find cats cute and funny, but I had never really had a cat as my pet before Spirit, they cat I have now.

In the beginning I wanted it to be similar to dogs and I wanted to play with it as if it were a dog, but then I learned a lot about cats and how they are so different, and things changed.

So, yes, they are smart, and they also have a connection to their owners and seek human company, it's just that the way in which they manifest that connection is different, and also how they communicate with humans is different, yet they do communicate what they want, what they don't want, etc.

Since i read this thread months ago, i sometimes thought about this subject of ... let's name this "cats vs dogs".

What came back to my mind is not a question of intelligence, or ... "smartitude", but of behaviour, or acting, attitude.
I came to rather a personal conclusion that the dogs could be seen as 2D STO candidates when the cats are more 2D STS candidates. Note that it's a general rule, and there are always (of course) cases which do no follow it, and as they are pet, their default attitude can change or can be consolidated depending on the nature of their 3D human master/friend/entourage ... but the natural behaviors that mother nature (or 4D or 6D geneticians who created cats & dogs) implemented in cat & dogs seem to me a kind of "pre-programmed to follow STS or STO" ...

Maybe that, on earth, the cat & dog options for reincarnation could be (generally) seen as :
- preparatory class/lesson for 2D before jumping to 3D
- a way for 3D beings (whether STS or STO) to review some lessons of 2D, by choosing cat or dog but also by choosing a precise orientation ot the future "master" (or human friend / friends ) - many possibilities of mixed experiences/situations.
- holydays period for the soul when he chooses to incarnate in a cat with an SDA candidate human master (joke :lol: )

FWIW

Très cher Dredger, je ne suis pas d'accord avec Vous, comme tout le monde le sait j'ai 4 chatonnes et 2 petits Yorks.
C'est tout à fait vrai qu'ils sont complètement différents mais de là à les classer en STO et STS, NON, je ne vous suis pas...
Par exemple, quand l'Ostéopathe vient que ce soit pour les chiens ou les chats, au moindre petits gémissements dus aux manipulations, d'où qu'ils se trouvent, je vois arriver les chats pour savoir ce qui se passe, pourquoi des plaintes et la SOLIDARITE fonctionne pleinement...
Pour moi les animaux sont bien plus STO que beaucoup d'humains... LOVE

Dearest Dredger, I don't agree with you, as everybody knows I have 4 female cats and 2 little Yorks.
It is true that they are completely different, but from there to classify them as STO and STS, NO, I don't follow you...
For example, when the Osteopath comes for dogs or cats, at the slightest little moan due to the manipulations, wherever they are, I see the cats coming to know what is going on, why they are complaining and the SOLIDARITY works fully...
For me animals are much more STO than many humans... LOVE

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Hello @PERLOU
I understand what you mean, I have a cat and she is my little love, before, i would never have considered possible to draw such a strong relation with an animal. But i was speaking generally. Even if it exists some cats ready to defend a human, for a dog, this is common to see dogs sacrifying their live for their master (or ready to), and other kind of examples which demonstrate (still generally of course) that dogs tend to give more in the way good (STO) people act. Don't also forget that your 6 cats are living with you who are STO candidate, you are influencing their life experience toward more compassion & love, and you spend a lot of time with them too i suppose.
That's why i joked while writing about to incarnate into a cat with an SDA candidate as master/friend, and who knows, maybe it's known in 5D that anyone who want to live a short but restful and full of love 2D live, the trick is to incarnate in a cat near where you live and come meowing at your door :lol:

Anyway, whatever type of animal you meet or live with, respecting it for who it is and acting accordingly is what matters

BTW, this remains me the movie Vanilly Sky, for instance this passage, or this one at the end of the movie - I watched this movie a lot of times and ... i wonder ....why not watching it one more time ? :whistle:

Hello @PERLOU
I understand what you mean, I have a cat and she is my little love, before, i would never have considered possible to draw such a strong relation with an animal. But i was speaking generally. Even if it exists some cats ready to defend a human, for a dog, this is common to see dogs sacrifying their live for their master (or ready to), and other kind of examples which demonstrate (still generally of course) that dogs tend to give more in the way good (STO) people act. Don't also forget that your 6 cats are living with you who are STO candidate, you are influencing their life experience toward more compassion & love, and you spend a lot of time with them too i suppose.
That's why i joked while writing about to incarnate into a cat with an SDA candidate as master/friend, and who knows, maybe it's known in 5D that anyone who want to live a short but restful and full of love 2D live, the trick is to incarnate in a cat near where you live and come meowing at your door :lol:

Anyway, whatever type of animal you meet or live with, respecting it for who it is and acting accordingly is what matters

BTW, this remains me the movie Vanilly Sky, for instance this passage, or this one at the end of the movie - I watched this movie a lot of times and ... i wonder ....why not watching it one more time ? :whistle:
Oh dredger, I think I understand what you are talking about. But this reasoning is from the realm of fantasies and assumptions, which we cannot verify.

If we return to our reality, then cats and dogs are SIMPLY DIFFERENT. They cannot be measured with one ruler. Yes, dogs were domesticated before cats (33,000 years versus 10,000), they are human-oriented and highly dependent on him. The physiology of their digestion has even changed in dogs, in their diet should be carbohydrates, and cats have remained strict meat eaters and predators.

The question of the time of domestication was finally cleared up after the publication in 2013 of a work, the first author of which is the geneticist Anna Druzhkova from the Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Analysis of 413 nucleotides of the Paleolithic Altai dog showed that it is much closer to the dogs and prehistoric canines of the New World than to modern wolves. Accordingly, the 33 thousand-year-old animal from the Rogue Cave is the oldest known dog today, which means that the domestication of our smaller brothers took place long before the emergence of agriculture. The same Yaroslav Kuzmin believes that it is not even clear who the owners of the first Altai dog were: “both Cro-Magnons and Neanderthals are suitable in age”. In other words, the first domestication, in principle, may still be prehuman.

I am 100% cat lover. In my childhood there were many animals (dogs, chickens, rabbits, ducks, cows, etc.), I love all of them, but cats are just perfect for my character. There is an opinion that dogs are for extroverts, cats are for introverts. I am glad that there are people who are able to understand and love both cats and dogs at the same time, like Perlou, Laura, Yas...
I've noticed that many people keep cats, but treat them like inanimate or useless things, calling them stupid. A study has emerged recently. British scientists have found that almost every domestic cat has signs of psychopathy 🙀Scientists create test to find out if your cat is a psychopath:

A team of experts from the University of Liverpool John Moores has developed a special survey called Cat Triarchic Plus (CAT-Tri +). It was attended by 549 cat owners.
The questionnaire includes 46 statements that helped the owners describe the behavior of their pets. Below are some examples:
· "My cat vocalizes loudly (meows or howls) for no apparent reason";
· "My cat runs around the house for no reason";
· "My cat doesn't seem to feel guilty about bad behavior," etc.
The test results showed that the presence in cats of such characteristics as courage and disinhibition, as well as their lack of empathy and remorse, combined with an unfriendly attitude towards people and other pets, indicate the presence of signs of psychopathy in pets.

Over the years of communication with cats, @AndrewMn and I have almost become feline psychologists. :grad:We tamed a few semi-wild cats that didn't know how to communicate with humans at all. Sometimes it takes years and tons of patience for a cat to reveal its character, become calm, affectionate and confident in the family.

At the same time, I know people who, having fed a kitten without a cat, then destroy this relationship and love with their own hands. Because they impose some human or canine rules of behavior on cats, without taking into account their biology and nature, inherent in the genes. The person did not realize that his cat, when resting with him, releases its claws and massages him (this is a normal and often persisting instinct, as cats massage the mother's tummy so that milk flows better or make a bed), he specially pressed her paws to wean it habits. The man wanted the cat to greet him from work like a dog.😠 The cat began to fear its breadwinner and eventually ran away from home. They don't live where they feel bad.

Cats are hunters and are more independent, they can survive alone, but this does not mean that they only need food, warmth and comfort from a person. You have to be a deep person to get to know and understand the cat.
I know some volunteers are looking for a new home only for stray dogs, not cats. They say that in our cold winters, dogs will not survive without human help, but cats are more tenacious, capable and independent.

2 cents based on personal experience. i live with 4 sts oriented people, the cat is semi wild. she comes to eat every day at 5 pm (at the same time as me), in winter she comes home at 5 am and sleeps in the house until 1 pm then she leaves. she is totally allergic to caresses, affection, warmth. she doesn't want to be touched. but when there is someone sick in the house, I think of my mom who was sick with alzheimer's and is now dead, or my niece's girlfriend, who is now in crisis because her 24 year old sister is sick with endometrial cancer, the cat entered the house and consciously goes in their arms. not to receive caresses (which she hates), but to give warmth curling up on knees, while she normally shows his ass by running away.

2 cents based on personal experience. i live with 4 sts oriented people, the cat is semi wild. she comes to eat every day at 5 pm (at the same time as me), in winter she comes home at 5 am and sleeps in the house until 1 pm then she leaves. she is totally allergic to caresses, affection, warmth. she doesn't want to be touched. but when there is someone sick in the house, I think of my mom who was sick with alzheimer's and is now dead, or my niece's girlfriend, who is now in crisis because her 24 year old sister is sick with endometrial cancer, the cat entered the house and consciously goes in their arms. not to receive caresses (which she hates), but to give warmth curling up on knees, while she normally shows his ass by running away.
Interesting cat. 😼It is believed that cats take on bad energy on themselves. Sometimes they can even die after that.

But this did not happen with us. We do not have medicated cats.
There was only a case when I scolded a child with emotions for some kind of offense, as it turned out later it was not fair and I was wrong. So at the time of the quarrel, our cat came and lay down on his son's feet, looked at me reproachfully, as if protecting him. Although usually, when there was too much movement or noise in the house, he hid ... just in case. He knows that if people walk and speak loudly, they are going somewhere, then at any moment they can shove them into a carrier and take them to the veterinarian.💉🌡️

Interesting cat. 😼It is believed that cats take on bad energy on themselves. Sometimes they can even die after that.

But this did not happen with us. We do not have medicated cats.
There was only a case when I scolded a child with emotions for some kind of offense, as it turned out later it was not fair and I was wrong. So at the time of the quarrel, our cat came and lay down on his son's feet, looked at me reproachfully, as if protecting him. Although usually, when there was too much movement or noise in the house, he hid ... just in case. He knows that if people walk and speak loudly, they are going somewhere, then at any moment they can shove them into a carrier and take them to the veterinarian.💉🌡️
I am not an expert. when we first saw this behavior it was with my mom. she was sitting on the sofa and I had given her some rags to fold (little neurological help), the cat came into the house and instead of going straight to the kitchen towards the bowl as usual, she went straight to my mom's knees. in this case, although absolutely extraordinary compared to his usual behavior, we thought that she had a master previously who folded the rags on the sofa. but later these "oddities" were repeated, and always with whom was somehow "suffering".
the cat's name is schist, a metamorphic rock. my other niece is a geologist.

Back
Top Bottom