Are you an introvert or just a covert narcissist? Test!

38/50
I think I have this score because of health issues. When I'm happy and healthy I find it way easier to focus on other people. Right now I just don't have the energy. :(

28/50
You’re kind of a covert narcissist.
You can be pretty self-centered, in other words, but the behavior isn’t out of control.

Eboard10 said:
Sometimes I get lost in my own thoughts about my problems and my relationships - something I used to do very ofter when I was younger and, while I have become more down to earth, I am still prone to dissociating on occasions.

I’m guilty on this, I’m generally dissociating in the subject about the people is talking me about. Sometimes on issues that have nothing to do. Lately I’m more aware of this and try to resume the conversation and accept my fault :D

33/50
You’re kind of a covert narcissist.
You can be pretty self-centered, in other words, but the behavior isn’t out of control.

The test is quite limited but interesting.

I agree in general with the result. I'm self-centered since child, searching the attention and approbation of others in order to satisfy the emotionnal lack programs that i maintain. Even if i feel that i fixed some issues about that, I'm still mostly a energetic vampire...

Well, i will continue to do my best !!!

I think I’m not shy, but other people have labeled me in that way before. After reading the explanation of Laura’s answering and other members I have a better understanding how to do it correctly. And I got 22/50

Beau said:
3. I feel emotionally or temperamentally different from most people.
If we're talking about most Western people, I don't see why this should be such a bad thing.
10. I try not to show it, but I’m often annoyed when people ask me to take my time and energy to sympathize over their problems.
Laura said:
I DO get a bit annoyed when you spend a lot of time helping someone and they take no action on their own and just keep whining and complaining.
I think the question 3 and 10 are tricky, like Beau said, It isn’t the same to be encircle of narcissistic people than people like there are here who really want to learn.
I answer question 3 with neutral because is ambiguous, and in the past I use to be proud because I think I was a coherent person without programs :D but I never think that I’m more especial o that I deserve more that anyone. I think that more people scored high in trying to be fair.

I was always locked in my own world, but I think it mainly was to protect myself, I would like to see more things I'm probably not watching, I did the other test that Laura shared and I got 3/20.
http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/narcissistic.htm
2 point self-sufficiency
1 point entitlement

I think the gravity to leave out any world is strong anyway

Christine said:
14/50

You’re probably not a covert narcissist.

I redid the test and I have a score of 4/50.
I think the score change because I finally understood that I should not expect others nothing. I expected too much of others, which made me suffer. It's work, but I succeed. :)

Self-Sufficiency: 2.00
Superiority: 1.00
Entitlement: 1.00

34/50

Is it possible to become a narcissist ?
Because I really didn't feel like I was one when thinking about a special point in my life, where I was in a nourishing environment for me, with nourishing acquaintances. And since a major shift happened in my situation about 2.5 years ago, I feel like I fell into the trap of becoming a covert narcissist up to this day - my few (for now) recent readings lighting this point up...

A possibility I'm also thinking about is that I was already a covert narcissist before that, and that the environment in which I was was lifting me up, burying this trait down :huh:

Edit: After thinking a bit about this question before posting, reflecting on myself, I now think that I have well been one without knowing it. I was living it as to be 'normal', regarding the environment in which I grew up and then, later, put myself in.
I recently entered the topic, thanks for the possible eye opening (yet to be explored) about my family, original surroundings and what's been currently blocking myself.

34/50

Because I really didn't feel like I was one when thinking about a special point in my life, where I was in a nourishing environment for me, with nourishing acquaintances. And since a major shift happened in my situation about 2.5 years ago, I feel like I fell into the trap of becoming a covert narcissist up to this day - my few (for now) recent readings lighting this point up...

A possibility I'm also thinking about is that I was already a covert narcissist before that, and that the environment in which I was was lifting me up, burying this trait down :huh:

Edit: After thinking a bit about this question before posting, reflecting on myself, I now think that I have well been one without knowing it. I was living it as to be 'normal', regarding the environment in which I grew up and then, later, put myself in.
I recently entered the topic, thanks for the possible eye opening (yet to be explored) about my family, original surroundings and what's been currently blocking myself.

It's important to distinguish between narcissistic traits and what is usually termed 'Narcissistic Personality Disorder'. At the risk of oversimplifying things I think the latter is unlikely to develop in an adult with an already formed personality. The former, however, are so common as to be expected to some degree or another in a large proportion of the population (especially in Western countries). In that case, yes it is possible to become more narcissistic with age for various reasons. It depends on how accurately someone is able to see themselves, and - if they still happen to love what they find - whether they are grateful for the gifts they have received, or prefer to take full credit for them.

34/50

Covert narcissist I think is something too that fits with an introverted schizotypal/autistic-like personality. That would be kind of having a magical thinking obsession over being special in some specific way. This kind of thinking could perhaps grow over time. I think this can come with a normal personality if you are kind of at some extremes of it.

I got 13.
My oppinion is that covert narcissist make few cheap tricks to impress you and then like you took a loan from them, you need to pay till the rest of your life something with an extra interest rates.
I think this yt shorts from Mikhaila Peterson's podcast shows how this looks like in relationship.

Back
Top Bottom