Are you voting & why?

Am I voting? No. Why? It encourages them.

I'm so tired of all these "rock the vote" campaigns and things of that nature. They force it down your throat. "It's our right and privilege for living in a free country." No, it's not. It's a means of divide and conquer. It's my belief that if you identify as a republican or democrat (or whatever other nonsensical party they want to throw at ya), then you are a pawn, a puppet, and part of the problem. I got a couple other "P" words, if you're interested.

I know this thread was mainly aimed at Americans, but I think the question is very valid for Europeans and other citizens of the world.
In my country (EU member) there has recently been an election, and as usual I was having discussions with myself about what to do. I think the most noble probably would be to vote blank (go to vote to show that one cares but not leave a cross to show that one does not agree with any candidates) but I'm afraid that a blank vote will mean indirectly supporting the total psychos.
I am yet to see politicians that are addressing the most important issues we're facing in this world (Ark and Laura for presidents :dance:)
But I have noticed that things have gotten quite a lot worse as the "far rights" were gaining power in my country and many other European countries following the American example (Bush administration).

So I end up voting "far left"(while strongly disagreeing with them on many things), not because I have much (if any) faith in them, but because they might be a thorn in the side of the "far rights"

So I guess that like some others in this thread, I'm not voting for, but against.

My two cents....

Hello Everyone,

I had read through a lot of this very interesting thread a while back but I wanted to share my thoughts on this topic especially since there were some provincial elections here in Alberta Canada yesterday (and of course the upcoming US presidential election).

I don't vote.

While I see that the real issue is not about voting or not (I see it really is about acting in alignment with knowledge), I do not see any great value in voting for someone who is interested in Truth.

In Canada, there are three levels of government: Municipal (in one's city or town ... the mayoral elections), Provincial (sort of like the individual state elections in the US, I presume) and Federal (this is where we vote for members of parliament and the Prime Minister who is currently Stephen Harper). For me, the smaller the government i.e. municipal v.s. federal, the more down to earth and honest the candidates appear. In other words, the bigger the government, the more is at stake I.e. more power ... as a result, there tends to be more deception, lies and stupidity at higher levels of government.

I don't vote at any level of government because I don't believe government currently does or can support the evolution of humanity and the becoming of Truth. Like many of the other forum members here in the post have said, I see all of the hype around getting out to the polls and exercising one's "most precious civil right", the beliefs about how voting and politics makes a difference and how people put confidence in political leaders to look after the country with integrity and I don't have any part of it.

I also see that strategic voting and voting for the lesser of two evils is not a solution either. With that in mind, I wonder what people living in America will do come election time in 2012 faced with the option of Romney vs. Obama given that (in my opinion) there is no real choice.

I voted once during the Bush/Kerry race. Total waste of time. Plus, voting is a good way to wind up on jury duty.

I plan to vote in our upcoming local elections. My neighbor is running for sheriff and a good friend of mine is running for probate judge. Me and a lot of other folks will be upset if their opponents win. The ex-cop from Detroit is NOT our pick for local sheriff.

[quote author=Odyssey]
Plus, voting is a good way to wind up on jury duty.
[/quote]

Here in Michigan, they pick the jury by drivers license now, not registered voters. I was called to jury duty twice in less than a year. Not many people can afford to sit in the courthouse for several days and lose income, myself included. A letter sufficed to get out of the first summons, the second time, I got lucky and the case was settled by plea agreement.
I'm hoping my number doesn't come up again any time soon.

i only 'woke up' last year,so my views on if im going to vote are still jumbled and confused. on one hand if i DO vote,what would be the point if they can cheat and tip the balance?even if the person i voted for became president and they didnt like them,whoever runs the show could become a spoiled a brat and have them taken care of. on the other hand if i do NOT vote and my vote actually counted for something that could lead to a better future,it would be like cutting up the winning lottery ticket to confetti. i dont understand politics at all so maybe ill just vote and hope for the best. ron paul seems sincere so i can only hope he isnt lying his a** off like obama did(does).

Think the last time voting had any meaning for humanity died with the Kennedy brothers assasinations.

If not seen prior, think this, imo, rather says it quite well - from BL to voting belief systems:

The death of Bin Laden and other lies -- Connecting the Dots

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62C3lYSiHvw&feature=plcp

I used to think that voting was important. But since I wake up (not long time ago, I have to say) I think it doesn't matter if you vote or no. Here, there or anywhere. They like to make you feel "responsible" when time of voting, saying that many people died for this, for the right to vote. What a comedy and what a cynicism. They wanted to feel you guilty if you don't go to vote, telling you that many woman gave their lives for this right! At the same time they wanted indifference from the voters, fatigue and disillusionment. So voting means nothing at the end. I promise myself that I will never, ever vote again.

I know it's all crooked, but anyway there is a meaning for me in voting (may be nothing rather than anything): Participation in social life, locally at least; some kind of empathy...

In this coming presidential election in the US, I really don't see the reason for voting. It's just trying to pick the lesser of two evils. I say, when they give us the option of "none of the above ", I'll go vote.

Odyssey said:
I voted once during the Bush/Kerry race. Total waste of time. Plus, voting is a good way to wind up on jury duty.

Yes, (knock on wood), I've never been called for jury duty. ;)

Back
Top Bottom