AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES CAUSED BY AN INFECTION?

Re: RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS CAUSED BY AN AMOEBA INFECTION?

Pashalis said:
So if the key to heal rheumatoid arthritis and possibly also to some extend ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, lupus and MS, is by "killing these amoebas with anti-amoeba drugs like Metronidazole and Allopurinol" the question arises, if there are other drugs that are not that poisonous, or even natural anti-amoeba treatments that could be used instead of "Metronidazole and Allopurinol" with the same effect?

I would think of Neem in this instance. In my experience, neem doesn't stay confined to the digestive tract since I used it in treating a nasty fungal overgrowth that was not in my digestive tract. So it appears to enter the blood stream and the anti-pathogen properties it has are delivered throughout the body (well, probably excluding the blood-brain barrier).

_http://www.energygrid.com/health/2014/02kf-neem.html
FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS humans have sought to fortify their health and cure various ills with herbal remedies. The search for the true panacea or cure-all has been undertaken by virtually every civilization. While hundreds of substances have been tried and tested, few have withstood modern science scrutiny. Perhaps no other other botanical better meets the true definition of a panacea than Neem, a tropical evergreen native of India and Burma. Every part of this fascinating tree has been used, from ancient to modern times, to treat hundreds of different maladies. While it is still revered in India for its superior healing properties, recent investigation has dramatically increased world wide interest in Neem and many products are now manufactured around the Globe using this miraculous herb.

While legendary herbs such as ginseng are far better known, comprehensive research has proven that Neem has a far wider array of uses than any other herb. The first recorded use of Neem is attributed to ancient Indian culture and they added the plant to dozens of health and beauty aids some 5000 years ago. The centuries old healing system known as Ayurvedic medicine has utilized these timeless Neem formulation in mainstays of Ayurveda pharmacy. Medicinal attributes of Neem were extolled in the oldest Sanskrit writings. The Neem has been continuously referred to as the "Village Pharmacy," "sarva roga nivarini" or healer of all ailments, "the divine tree," "the holy tree," free tree of India," "the life giving tree," "the noble tree," "nature's drug store."

Other fascinating properties further increase the phenomenal applications. It is only in the last few years that the rest of the world has started to show interest in and recognize Neem's versatility and potential. Scientific research reports from Universities ranging from Bangalore, India to Baltimore, United States of America have explored Neem's ability to help prevent and treat an astonishing number of health disorders, including many that are not successfully addressed by modern conventional pharmaceuticals. There are over 2000 clinical trials and study conducted in many countries and the Neem tree is the most researched tree of any tree world wide.

Neem the Healer

Ayurveda is the oldest medical system in the world and Ayurvedic practitioners have known for millennia that Neem is a dynamic and useful plant that can solve an almost unlimited number of health problems, externally and internally, while enhancing overall well-being. The entire Neem tree has medicinal value and all parts of the tree can be used, such as the bark, seeds, fruit, flowers, gum, leaves, twigs, cake, root, resin, timber, honey, tea, pulp and the oil from the seeds, bark and leaves contain pharmaceutical constituents that offer some impressive therapeutic qualities, including:

Anti-anxiety: capable of preventing depression

Anti-arthritic: effective in treatment of arthritis

Anti-bacterial: able to destroy or inhibit the growth of bacteria

Anti-enemic: able to prevent or stop nausea and vomiting

Anti-fungal: able to destroy fungi

Anti-gastric: able to prevent or destroy ulcers

Anti-inflammatory: able to reduce inflammation

Anti-microbial: able to inhibit or destroy the growth of disease causing organism

Anti-pyretic: able to lower body temperature or prevent and/or alleviate fever

Anti-thelmintic: capable of expelling or destroying parasites

Anti-tumor: able to reduce the risk of tumor growth

Analgesic: able to relieve pain

Alterative: able to cure or restore health

Immune system booster and stimulator

Neem stimulates the production of T-cells to mount a head-on attack against infections. Unlike synthetic antibiotics, Neem does not destroy beneficial bacteria and other micro-organism needed to maintain optimum health. Medical experts believe that the overuse of chemical antibiotics contributes to the breakdown of the function of the human immune system. Neem offers a non-toxic alternative to powerful and sometimes damaging prescription medicines.

Numerous active compounds have been isolated from the Neem plant. Some of the most studied include:

Nimbin: anti-inflammatory, anti-pyretic, anti-histamine, anti-fungal

Nimbidin: anti-bacterial, anti-ulcer, analgesic, anti-arrhythmic, anti-fugal

Ninbidol: anti-tubercular, anti-protozoal, anti-pyretic

Gedunin: vasodilator, anti-malaria, anti-fungal

Sodium nimbinate: diuretic, spermicide, anti-arthritic

Quercetin: anti-protozoal

Salannin: insect repellent

Azadirchtin: insect repellent, anti-feedant, anti-hormonal

Neem leaves contain fiber, carbohydrates, and at least ten amino acid proteins. They also contain calcium and other nourishing minerals. Analysis also reveals the presence of carotenoids, nutritive compounds being hailed for their ability to ward of many types of cancer. Neem oil is especially high in important fatty acids, and contains all of these vital nutrients in significant quantities. Researcher believe the high fatty-acid content of the oil may be why Neem is so effective for treating skin ailments, absorbs quickly into the skin, and has very powerful skin-rejuvenating qualities.

The uses of Neem to cure human ailments, boost immunity, and fortify human health are almost endless. Neem is one of the most powerful blood purifier and detoxifier. Hundreds of specific health maladies respond favorably to the proper application of Neem. This does not include countless uses of Neem as a natural insect repellent, a component of beauty aid and also prevents sunburns. Some of the more common current uses for Neem are:

Skin conditions: Neem has an almost magical effect on chronic skin conditions that often fail to respond with classical conventional medical treatments. Acne, eczema, dandruff, psoriasis, hives, herpes, ringworm, shingles, rosacea, and even stubborn warts, to name just a few, are among the conditions that clear up consistently when a high quality toxic free Neem herbal cream or lotion is utilized. Synthetic chemicals used to treat these conditions can produce negative side effects such as rashes, allergic reactions, redness and itching. Studies are currently underway to try to understand the skin rejuvenating properties of Neem.

Hair and nails: when wild-crafted high quality Neem is added either as an extract or oil or even both to health and beauty preparation, it provides many benefits. Problem scalp conditions including dandruff and psoriasis, scaling, and even hair loss respond to treatment with Neem shampoo, conditioners, capsules. Damaged and overly oily hair appears comes to life when treated regularly with Neem. Nails, which have turned yellow or brittle due to the presence of yeast and fungi, often return to their normal condition when Neem is applied.

Teeth and gums: it is estimated that over 90% of the U.S. adult population has some type of gum disease, infection, tooth decay, bleeding, and sore gums. This is the result of consuming refined poisonous sugar (North American are the number one in the world of consuming the most sugar. According to the US Department of Agriculture the average U.S. Citizen consumes 150 pounds sugar each year!) which can be successful treated with Neem toothpaste . Some people even reported a total reversal of gum degeneration after using the toothpaste only for a few weeks or month. In India it is common that the people use the twigs from the Neem tree to clean their teeth and the twigs become after use like a brush and they clean their tongue with it. My suggestion: use instead of poisonous refined sugar, cane sugar, xylitol, erythritol or stevia.

Fungi, parasites, viruses: Neem has been successful proven under laboratory to destroy harmful fungi, parasites (Neem tincture), and viruses. Even though it extract action on the body's predators is not yet known, it does an excellent job of destroying them. Unlike its chemical counterparts, Neem does not kill beneficial intestinal flora nor produce any negative side effects. Athlete's foot, thrush, candida infestations, and herpes viruses are easily cleared up and prevented when Neem is used. It has been proven effective in treatment of stomach ulcers and is anti-histamine and anti-bacterial compounds appear to reduce inflammation and destroy the bacteria now believed responsible for many common ailments.

Heart disease: Neem has been scientifically tested for its ability to reduce high blood pressure, blood clots, heart irregularities, and high cholesterol levels. The anti-histamine effect of nimbidin found in Neem leaves cause blood vessels to dilate and may be why Neem helps reduce elevated blood pressure. A recent study showed that Neem lowered high cholesterol levels when Neem leaf extract, tincture or capsules were taken for a month.

Chronic fatigue: suspected of being caused by both viral and fungal infections, Neem attacks both, and helps fight this incredible debilitating syndrome.

Insect repellent: Neem is a non-toxic insect repellent that repels all types of annoying pests without being toxic to humans or pets. Commercial repellents (especially those with poisonous DEET) are now suspect of being a potent carcinogen by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).

Sunburns: Neem cream or lotion helps to prevent sunburn from the Ultra violet rays of the sun

Skin abrasions: injuries such as sprains and bruises are easily treated with Neem cream and/or lotion or leaf extract applied locally. The anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial attributes of Neem are surprisingly soothing and effectiveness

Malaria: one of the most dreadful disease created by a mosquito in tropical countries and an estimated 1 – 3 million die for it every year and from this 70% children under the age of 5 years. Some experiments have shown that one of Neem's compounds "gedunin" (a limonoid) seemed to be effective against malaria, but more studies are needed. In the Ayurvedic medicine system Neem is used to treat also malaria fevers.

Chagas: is a major health problem in Latin America since it cripples millions of people there. Laboratory test in Germany and Brazil show that Neem may be the answer to this dreadful disease which so far remains largely uncontrollable. Caused by a parasite which is spread by an insect called kissing bug.

Birth control: Neem oil has been chemically been tested in India as an external contraceptive, used by women as a spermicide

Major health problems: professionally administered Neem solutions are being studied for their beneficial effects on AIDS, cancer, and many other medical conditions.
My own personal experience with Neem has been nothing short of a miracle. I suffered for over 40 years with severe psoriasis on my scalp and elbows and after I started using in 1994 Neem cream, shampoo, tincture, soap, oil I am free of psoriasis!

Of all the plants that have proven useful to us throughout the ages, few have offered as much value and versatility as the unique Neem tree. With growing research to support its healing and beneficial properties, Neem is finally getting the attention its deserves. This miraculous healing herb is truly an ancient cure for a modern world and is able to solve global problems.

Update: Klaus will be shortly publishing a book about the Neem tree from India: Neem: Nature's Healing Gift to Humanity.

Copyright © 1995 Klaus Ferlow / Updated © 2014

References:

The Neem Foundation, Bombay, India, www.neemfoundation.org

Video "What's in a Neem" CBC, The Nature of Things", Dr. David Suzuki, 1994

Neem: A Tree Solving Global Problems, National Academy Press, 1992

Neem: India's Miraculous Healing Plant, Ellen Norten, Healing Arts Press, 1996

Neem in Ayurveda, Vaidya Suresh Chatuvedi, Bha van's Book University, 1998

The Neem Tree, Professor Dr. Heinrich Schmutterer, Neem Foundation, 2002

Neem – The Village Pharmacy, Neeraj Pratap Singh, International Book Distribution Co, 2009

Pashalis said:
So if the key to heal rheumatoid arthritis and possibly also to some extend ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, lupus and MS, is by "killing these amoebas with anti-amoeba drugs like Metronidazole and Allopurinol" the question arises, if there are other drugs that are not that poisonous, or even natural anti-amoeba treatments that could be used instead of "Metronidazole and Allopurinol" with the same effect?

These were my thoughts exactly so I checked and apparently, Allpurinol is a xanthine oxidase inhibitor.

Wiki said:
A xanthine oxidase inhibitor is any substance that inhibits the activity of xanthine oxidase, an enzyme involved in purine metabolism. In humans, inhibition of xanthine oxidase reduces the production of uric acid, and several medications that inhibit xanthine oxidase are indicated for treatment of hyperuricemia and related medical conditions including gout.[1] Xanthine oxidase inhibitors are being investigated for management of reperfusion injury.

Xanthine oxidase inhibitors are of two kinds: purine analogues and others. Purine analogues include allopurinol, oxypurinol,[2] and tisopurine. Others include febuxostat,[3] topiroxostat, and inositols (phytic acid and myo-inositol[citation needed]).

In experiments, numerous natural products have been found to inhibit xanthine oxidase in vitro or in model animals (mice, rats). These include three flavonoids that occur in many different fruits and vegetables: kaempferol, myricetin, and quercetin.[4] More generally, planar flavones and flavonols with a 7-hydroxyl group inhibit xanthine oxidase.[5] An essential oil extracted from Cinnamomum osmophloeum[/i] inhibits xanthine oxidase in mice.[6] The natural product propolis from selected sources inhibits xanthine oxidase in rats; the specific substance responsible for this inhibition has not been identified, and the generality of these findings is unknown.[7] An extract of leaves of Pistacia integerrima also inhibits xanthine oxidase at a level that appears to merit further research.[8]

In folk medicine the tree fern Cyathea spinulosa (formerly Alsophila spinulosa) has been used for gout, but its most active component, caffeic acid, is only a weak inhibitor of xanthine oxidase.[9]

Avala said:
Is it said somewhere how people contract that amoeba (I believe it’s actually protozoa?), and can it go from human to human?

I'm so sorry that I have read this so late, my father in law who had psoriasis in the last 35 years died last October. And no one in his surroundings didn’t had and still don’t have psoriasis.

Was glad to see this posting too. I spent a chunk of time reading through Dr Prousch talk. Hoping I can find day 2 of it as well. He stated that everyone has this critter it's just triggered in some people and not others. He wasn't too specific about the why but sighted stress and toxicity. He did promoted nutritional advise (basically paleo/keto and this was back in 1985) and recommended supplements. If you have copper pipes, they supposedly keep reinfection from happening.

Dr. Hans Nieper of West Germany has done much research on the use of various calcium preparations, and he has shown that there are two forms of calcium that occur naturally in our vegetables and the body uses these forms of calcium much better than regular calcium supplements. These two forms are Calcium Orotate and Calcium Aspartate, and ideally the patients should get about 400-500 mg of calcium daily from one or both of these forms of calcium. Some health stores carry calcium daily from one or both of these forms of calcium. Some health food stores carry calcium orotate since many people have learned that the orotate form is the very best type that helps osteoporosis. The FDA is trying to make it a prescription item, so I usually furnish this to the patients since they may not be able to find it in health food stores.
In order for our bodies to use the calcium properly, we must have available adequate vitamin D3 or natural vitamin D. Most supplements contain the D2 form as well as the D2 form that is added to milk and other foods, and this form is synthetic. This synthetic D2 causes the body to absorb the calcium all right but does not regulate how the calcium is used. The natural D3 causes the calcium to be absorbed from the small intestine and regulates and promotes the excretion of any excess calcium which helps protect the body from the development of kidney stones. I also advise patients to try to get about 30 minutes of exposure to the sun each week which activates the vitamin D. The natural vitamin D3 is found in fish liver oils, so arthritic patients must take cod liver oil. I recom- mend that they go to health food stores and purchase the Norwegian cod liver oil that contains 10,000 units of vitamin A and 1,000 units of vitamin D3 per teaspoon and recommend 2 teaspoons morning and night.

The Healist article said that doctors familiar with this treatment in the U.S. and abroad were listed but I didn't see where. I plan to further that search. I still have lingering problems with my legs,hips and walking after surgery, diet and supplement and breath and exercise practices. Could this be the missing piece? I sure hope so.

Mrs. Tigersoap said:
Pashalis said:

These were my thoughts exactly so I checked and apparently, Allpurinol is a xanthine oxidase inhibitor.

Yeah, there should be several herbal remedies. I'm not sure about the possibility of reaching "the necessary dose" though. As much as 2250 of metronidazol is needed for just one day. Allopurinol 900mg per day is also quite a high dose.

The practitioner always used cortisone in mainstream doses to counteract all the "killer therapy effect". It seems that detox reactions is something you can count on during this protocol.

Very interesting thread, thank you Laura and everyone for posts. A brief personal experience; when I was about 19 I contracted some kind of mysterious 'virus' (my parents were shall we say the ‘hands off’ kind and let things run so I never saw a doctor to my knowledge) which put in me into a powerful fever of the like I can hardly describe - it lasted for about a week when I was rarely conscious. Soon after I developed both an acute form of Atrial Fibrillation (heart flutters and change in heart rhythm that would last for up to 12 hours at a go) which persisted well into my 30s. Simultaneously I developed severe arthritis (yes at 19) which began in my left ankle then spread to both my knees and finally the right ankle before 'settling' on my left knee (the medical persons I saw at the time called it 'reactive arthritis' and could give no further thought other than as a result of the virus/infection). It would flare up without warning every month or so to the extent my knee would swell up to the size of a small football! It was extremely painful and debilitating. On one severe attack I had to go to hospital where they removed with a huge needle (in a procedure that was I have since learnt, extremely dangerous) over a pint of golden yellow liquid. I remember the doctors being both excited and baffled by this having never seen the like before. By the by, I used to experience regular vivid dreams of flying and being eaten by wild bests - they haunted my youth. I never had them again after this illness. I always found this curious. I now wonder if this attack - although not Rheumatoid Arthritis - was in anyway connected to what this thread suggests. fwiw

Well, about MS, my stools was analysed when I was in the hospital for examination and they was searching why I was losing weight and I my health was deteriorating. So I hope they would have find it. Anyway it would interesting to search again. In Wikipedia I read:

Asymptomatic human infections are usually diagnosed by finding cysts shed in the stool. Various flotation or sedimentation procedures have been developed to recover the cysts from fecal matter and stains help to visualize the isolated cysts for microscopic examination. Since cysts are not shed constantly, a minimum of three stools should be examined.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amoebiasis#Diagnosis

But it's not impossible that in certain case amoeba is involved. I think we do not have to loss in sight that MS is certainly multi-factorials, both physical and emotional. For Cayce it could be even forces from the first cell of the embryo that can be implied in some cases and lack of proper assimilation.

Pashalis said:

Rife device? (but it's not a drug)

Foxx said:
I would think of Neem in this instance. In my experience, neem doesn't stay confined to the digestive tract since I used it in treating a nasty fungal overgrowth that was not in my digestive tract. So it appears to enter the blood stream and the anti-pathogen properties it has are delivered throughout the body (well, probably excluding the blood-brain barrier).
e's drug store."

Neem the Healer

Ayurveda is the oldest medical system in the world and Ayurvedic practitioners have known for millennia that Neem is a dynamic and useful plant that can solve an almost unlimited number of health problems, externally and internally, while enhancing overall well-being. The entire Neem tree has medicinal value and all parts of the tree can be used, such as the bark, seeds, fruit, flowers, gum, leaves, twigs, cake, root, resin, timber, honey, tea, pulp and the oil from the seeds, bark and leaves contain pharmaceutical constituents that offer some impressive therapeutic qualities, including:

Anti-anxiety: capable of preventing depression

Anti-arthritic: effective in treatment of arthritis

Anti-bacterial: able to destroy or inhibit the growth of bacteria

Anti-enemic: able to prevent or stop nausea and vomiting

Anti-fungal: able to destroy fungi

Anti-gastric: able to prevent or destroy ulcers

Anti-inflammatory: able to reduce inflammation

Anti-microbial: able to inhibit or destroy the growth of disease causing organism

Anti-pyretic: able to lower body temperature or prevent and/or alleviate fever

Anti-thelmintic: capable of expelling or destroying parasites

Anti-tumor: able to reduce the risk of tumor growth

Analgesic: able to relieve pain

Alterative: able to cure or restore health

Immune system booster and stimulator

Neem stimulates the production of T-cells to mount a head-on attack against infections. Unlike synthetic antibiotics, Neem does not destroy beneficial bacteria and other micro-organism needed to maintain optimum health. Medical experts believe that the overuse of chemical antibiotics contributes to the breakdown of the function of the human immune system. Neem offers a non-toxic alternative to powerful and sometimes damaging prescription medicines.

Numerous active compounds have been isolated from the Neem plant. Some of the most studied include:

Nimbin: anti-inflammatory, anti-pyretic, anti-histamine, anti-fungal

Nimbidin: anti-bacterial, anti-ulcer, analgesic, anti-arrhythmic, anti-fugal

Ninbidol: anti-tubercular, anti-protozoal, anti-pyretic

Gedunin: vasodilator, anti-malaria, anti-fungal

Sodium nimbinate: diuretic, spermicide, anti-arthritic

Quercetin: anti-protozoal

Salannin: insect repellent

Azadirchtin: insect repellent, anti-feedant, anti-hormonal

Neem leaves contain fiber, carbohydrates, and at least ten amino acid proteins. They also contain calcium and other nourishing minerals. Analysis also reveals the presence of carotenoids, nutritive compounds being hailed for their ability to ward of many types of cancer. Neem oil is especially high in important fatty acids, and contains all of these vital nutrients in significant quantities. Researcher believe the high fatty-acid content of the oil may be why Neem is so effective for treating skin ailments, absorbs quickly into the skin, and has very powerful skin-rejuvenating qualities.

The uses of Neem to cure human ailments, boost immunity, and fortify human health are almost endless. Neem is one of the most powerful blood purifier and detoxifier. Hundreds of specific health maladies respond favorably to the proper application of Neem. This does not include countless uses of Neem as a natural insect repellent, a component of beauty aid and also prevents sunburns. Some of the more common current uses for Neem are:

Skin conditions: Neem has an almost magical effect on chronic skin conditions that often fail to respond with classical conventional medical treatments. Acne, eczema, dandruff, psoriasis, hives, herpes, ringworm, shingles, rosacea, and even stubborn warts, to name just a few, are among the conditions that clear up consistently when a high quality toxic free Neem herbal cream or lotion is utilized. Synthetic chemicals used to treat these conditions can produce negative side effects such as rashes, allergic reactions, redness and itching. Studies are currently underway to try to understand the skin rejuvenating properties of Neem.

Hair and nails: when wild-crafted high quality Neem is added either as an extract or oil or even both to health and beauty preparation, it provides many benefits. Problem scalp conditions including dandruff and psoriasis, scaling, and even hair loss respond to treatment with Neem shampoo, conditioners, capsules. Damaged and overly oily hair appears comes to life when treated regularly with Neem. Nails, which have turned yellow or brittle due to the presence of yeast and fungi, often return to their normal condition when Neem is applied.

Teeth and gums: it is estimated that over 90% of the U.S. adult population has some type of gum disease, infection, tooth decay, bleeding, and sore gums. This is the result of consuming refined poisonous sugar (North American are the number one in the world of consuming the most sugar. According to the US Department of Agriculture the average U.S. Citizen consumes 150 pounds sugar each year!) which can be successful treated with Neem toothpaste . Some people even reported a total reversal of gum degeneration after using the toothpaste only for a few weeks or month. In India it is common that the people use the twigs from the Neem tree to clean their teeth and the twigs become after use like a brush and they clean their tongue with it. My suggestion: use instead of poisonous refined sugar, cane sugar, xylitol, erythritol or stevia.

Fungi, parasites, viruses: Neem has been successful proven under laboratory to destroy harmful fungi, parasites (Neem tincture), and viruses. Even though it extract action on the body's predators is not yet known, it does an excellent job of destroying them. Unlike its chemical counterparts, Neem does not kill beneficial intestinal flora nor produce any negative side effects. Athlete's foot, thrush, candida infestations, and herpes viruses are easily cleared up and prevented when Neem is used. It has been proven effective in treatment of stomach ulcers and is anti-histamine and anti-bacterial compounds appear to reduce inflammation and destroy the bacteria now believed responsible for many common ailments.

Heart disease: Neem has been scientifically tested for its ability to reduce high blood pressure, blood clots, heart irregularities, and high cholesterol levels. The anti-histamine effect of nimbidin found in Neem leaves cause blood vessels to dilate and may be why Neem helps reduce elevated blood pressure. A recent study showed that Neem lowered high cholesterol levels when Neem leaf extract, tincture or capsules were taken for a month.

Chronic fatigue: suspected of being caused by both viral and fungal infections, Neem attacks both, and helps fight this incredible debilitating syndrome.

Insect repellent: Neem is a non-toxic insect repellent that repels all types of annoying pests without being toxic to humans or pets. Commercial repellents (especially those with poisonous DEET) are now suspect of being a potent carcinogen by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).

Sunburns: Neem cream or lotion helps to prevent sunburn from the Ultra violet rays of the sun

Skin abrasions: injuries such as sprains and bruises are easily treated with Neem cream and/or lotion or leaf extract applied locally. The anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial attributes of Neem are surprisingly soothing and effectiveness

Malaria: one of the most dreadful disease created by a mosquito in tropical countries and an estimated 1 – 3 million die for it every year and from this 70% children under the age of 5 years. Some experiments have shown that one of Neem's compounds "gedunin" (a limonoid) seemed to be effective against malaria, but more studies are needed. In the Ayurvedic medicine system Neem is used to treat also malaria fevers.

Chagas: is a major health problem in Latin America since it cripples millions of people there. Laboratory test in Germany and Brazil show that Neem may be the answer to this dreadful disease which so far remains largely uncontrollable. Caused by a parasite which is spread by an insect called kissing bug.

Birth control: Neem oil has been chemically been tested in India as an external contraceptive, used by women as a spermicide

Major health problems: professionally administered Neem solutions are being studied for their beneficial effects on AIDS, cancer, and many other medical conditions.
My own personal experience with Neem has been nothing short of a miracle. I suffered for over 40 years with severe psoriasis on my scalp and elbows and after I started using in 1994 Neem cream, shampoo, tincture, soap, oil I am free of psoriasis!

Of all the plants that have proven useful to us throughout the ages, few have offered as much value and versatility as the unique Neem tree. With growing research to support its healing and beneficial properties, Neem is finally getting the attention its deserves. This miraculous healing herb is truly an ancient cure for a modern world and is able to solve global problems.

Update: Klaus will be shortly publishing a book about the Neem tree from India: Neem: Nature's Healing Gift to Humanity.

Copyright © 1995 Klaus Ferlow / Updated © 2014

References:

The Neem Foundation, Bombay, India, www.neemfoundation.org

Video "What's in a Neem" CBC, The Nature of Things", Dr. David Suzuki, 1994

Neem: A Tree Solving Global Problems, National Academy Press, 1992

Neem: India's Miraculous Healing Plant, Ellen Norten, Healing Arts Press, 1996

Neem in Ayurveda, Vaidya Suresh Chatuvedi, Bha van's Book University, 1998

The Neem Tree, Professor Dr. Heinrich Schmutterer, Neem Foundation, 2002

Neem – The Village Pharmacy, Neeraj Pratap Singh, International Book Distribution Co, 2009
[/quote]

Foxx,
What is the form of Neem you take and where can it be obtained?

Charade said:
Foxx,

It's been a little while since I've taken it, but I was taking some caplets from the "Himalaya Pure Herbs" brand and it did the trick for me.

_http://smile.amazon.com/Himalaya-Herbs-Systemic-Purifier-Caplets/dp/B001GCTTPS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430061412&sr=8-1

It's very reasonably priced, is a standardized extract (with some of the original herb as well), and the pills are pretty easy to take, so it's got those things going for it. I've generally had positive results with this brand.

Foxx said:
Charade said:
Foxx,

It's been a little while since I've taken it, but I was taking some caplets from the "Himalaya Pure Herbs" brand and it did the trick for me.

_http://smile.amazon.com/Himalaya-Herbs-Systemic-Purifier-Caplets/dp/B001GCTTPS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430061412&sr=8-1

It's very reasonably priced, is a standardized extract (with some of the original herb as well), and the pills are pretty easy to take, so it's got those things going for it. I've generally had positive results with this brand.

Thank you, Foxx, for your reply. I thought the information you posted was very interesting and was new to me. I will look into it and hope it works for me as well. :)

What about things that can actually cause infection or make it worse? Is there a list of things to avoid?

Foxx said:
Charade said:
Foxx,

Did it cure your allergy to mammal meat?

Laura said:
Foxx said:
Charade said:
Foxx,

No, just the fungal overgrowth.

Added: Over the past year while working with the Applied Kinesiologist, I asked him to test me for viruses, bacteria, parasites, and fungus and treated all 4 at various times, so as far as I could tell there wasn't a pathogen involved in continuing the allergy (though perhaps there was in initiating it).

Foxx said:
Laura said:
Foxx said:
Charade said:
Foxx,

No, just the fungal overgrowth.

Added: Over the past year while working with the Applied Kinesiologist, I asked him to test me for viruses, bacteria, parasites, and fungus and treated all 4 at various times, so as far as I could tell there wasn't a pathogen involved in continuing the allergy (though perhaps there was in initiating it).

Then it is unlikely that it would be helpful with the amoeba problem.

Is there some defined justification for taking the antibiotic on two days a week, separated by five days? Is that for recovery time, or based on some cycle of the amoeba, based on experimenting with different schedules, or what?

I ask because I've always understood that when you start an antibiotic you have to take the full course so that none of the critters survives in an adaptive manner to come back badder and meaner later. So, I'm concerned about this interval business.

Laura said:
Is there some defined justification for taking the antibiotic on two days a week, separated by five days? Is that for recovery time, or based on some cycle of the amoeba, based on experimenting with different schedules, or what?

I ask because I've always understood that when you start an antibiotic you have to take the full course so that none of the critters survives in an adaptive manner to come back badder and meaner later. So, I'm concerned about this interval business.

I couldn't found a justification, except a detailed article written in 1988 which clarifies how this protocol was carefully made by a committee of physicians who had clinical experience with amoebic infection in autoimmune diseases (specially Rheumatoid Arthritis). The same article criticized those physicians who decided to prescribe the metronidazole for 10 days instead of the suggested protocol:

http://arthritistrust.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/The-Roger-Wyburn-Mason-M.D.-Ph.D.-Treatment-for-Rheumatoid-Disease.pdf

I do not mean to insinuate that any physician must use this protocol exactly because I realize that some cases are different, but I get calls every week from patients who tell me that other physicians on our referral list gave them the drugs in a different manner. For example, some physicians prescribe the Metronidazole, 1-250 mg. tablet, 3 times daily for 10 days, which is the treatment for Trichomonas vaginitis but will not kill the amoebae. Or the Allopurinol is given only 1 tablet daily. These physicians simply have not studied the protocol, and when they do not get results, they have only themselves to blame — at the expense of the suffering patient. This can only give our treatment and protocol a bad result which will discredit every physician on our list plus our foundation. Let me make an urgent plea to any physician listening to me now or whomever listens to the tape recording of this talk to study the protocol and treat your arthritic patients in the proper manner. You owe it to yourselves and to your patients.

They also report that 8 individuals out of 10 will get cured with this protocol (!?).

I think it is based on the cycle of the amoeba in conjunction with the clinical experience available of what worked best.

My guess is that these protocol is akin to other anti-parasitics given for parasitic infections such as oxyuriasis (pinworm), where one single dose is enough to kill the worms. Nevertheless, another dose is repeated after 2 weeks. Other pinworm protocols calls for 3 days of treatment which is then repeated after 5 days of rest for another 3 days. The theory being that parasites hide and/or some are in immature cyst/encapsulated stage. When they mature after 5 days-2 weeks depending on the parasite's cycle, they can be killed with the anti-parasitic again.

Other than anti-parasitic, metronidazol also kills anaerobic bacteria in the gut, so it is highly advisable for anyone on this protocol to take probiotics throughout this protocol. The article above specifies as much. I would take it in between metronidazol doses and ideally, throughout the 6 weeks at the very least.

While doing some research, I found that at least one of the pioneers of this protocol used boron as an anti-amoebic as well:

http://www.onlineholistichealth.com/supplements-2/trace-minerals/boron.html

Research regarding the trace mineral boron is relatively unknown. However, one study that stands out in the silence relates to a discovery by Prof. Roger Wyburn-Mason. He identified amoebae that parasitized the joints in those with rheumatoid arthritis. This research was continued by Dr. Rex E. Newnham, a naturopath and author of Beating Arthritis and Beating Osteoporosis, and what he found was amazing! Boron killed the amoebae that Prof. Roger Wyburn-Mason had identified![...]

Boron, being a trace mineral, is considered a micronutrient. Although the amount required by our body is very small, it is vital for health. As with all trace minerals, it is best taken in combination with the other minerals. Dosages range from trace to 1 – 2 milligrams per day. Therapeutic dosages range from 10 – 30 milligrams per day.

My 2 cents!

Back
Top Bottom