AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES CAUSED BY AN INFECTION?

Gaby said:
Yas said:
I made a chart for the protocol. It's a bit long but I thought it could be better to put the weeks so that one can follow it better. At least it's easier for me to see it like that.

Excellent job! I like it.

It could be modified to include the time of the day each thing needs to be taken according to a daily dietary plan, but that will variate on metronidazole days according to its doses. As a general guide, I would go for both the small table and its weekly/monthly plan. :)

I added a time schedule, but I don't know if the times for metronidazole/Allopurinol are correct. It's after the genearl weekly/ monthly plan.

Attachments

• Protocol for chronic illnesses and autoimmune diseases.pdf
    334.8 KB · Views: 49
Laura said:
Those of you who cannot easily get the meds might want to consult with Gaby privately via her medical website for guidance. At the very least, you can download the papers and the protocol sheet that has been provided here to give to your doctor.

I would like to try it, but showing this protocol to my doctor would just raise her eyebrows up. Since going keto I've experienced few episodes of high energy bursts, but usually I'm somewhere in between. The reason I think that I may benefit from this protocol is that since introducing keto diet I'm having pronounced pain in my right hip. Of course, it reacts to food I'm taking, xylitol for example. But this condition bothers me from long time ago. However this hip problem is worsening. I still have problems with postnasal drainage, even when on 0 carbs. It gets worse when I throw in some dark chocolate. On top of all I still haven't resolved probable histamine issue, since I can check most of the listed symptoms. So it seems that I still have a lot of work ahead, but getting antibiotics in such amounts will be quite challenge. Sure, I would consult Gaby first.

I simplified the time schedule. It just needs to be checked because I'm not sure about the metronidazole/Allopurinol times. Hope it helps!

Attachments

278.7 KB · Views: 55
Yas said:
I simplified the time schedule. It just needs to be checked because I'm not sure about the metronidazole/Allopurinol times. Hope it helps!

It looks pretty good, Yas! I like the colors :)

The Ganciclovir is three times per day though. Otherwise, it looks good.

:flowers:

Gaby said:
Yas said:

It looks pretty good, Yas! I like the colors :)

The Ganciclovir is three times per day though. Otherwise, it looks good.

:flowers:

Ok. Changes done.

Attachments

278.7 KB · Views: 50
Yas said:
Ok. Changes done.

The Metronidazole and Ganciclovir and Allopurinol, instead "1 hour later", it should be after lunch time or a meal.

If it doesn't fit, don't worry. I think that with the basic instructions and the monthly plan, it is clear enough :)

Gaby said:
Yas said:
Ok. Changes done.

The Metronidazole and Ganciclovir and Allopurinol, instead "1 hour later", it should be after lunch time or a meal.

If it doesn't fit, don't worry. I think that with the basic instructions and the monthly plan, it is clear enough :)

There's no problem, that addition can be done in less than a minute. ;D
And I think that it's better to have it as clear as possible so that it's easier to follow.

Here it is:

Attachments

278.9 KB · Views: 79
Yas said:
And I think that it's better to have it as clear as possible so that it's easier to follow.

Here it is:

Perfect! :perfect:

Can we have the word doc as well? Just in case edits are needed to fit other supplements. :D

Gaby said:
Yas said:

Here it is:

Perfect! :perfect:

Can we have the word doc as well? Just in case edits are needed to fit other supplements. :D

Sure!

It might just look different if you have another Office version.

Attachments

• Protocol for chronic illnesses and autoimmune diseases.docx
    29.8 KB · Views: 38
Shijing said:
Hi Nienna,

Nienna said:
Also, I seem to have histamine intolerance and a common theme in this is a deficiency in diamine oxidase (DAO) and mine (if this is the case) must be quite low as I react to pretty much everything. So because of this, I am assuming that my gut hasn't healed yet.

This was mentioned briefly by one of the Depression Session guests, and I have this in my notes:

JILL CARNAHAN said:
Histamine intolerance: people with MTHFR or DAO mutations can have trouble breaking down histamine; yeast and bacteria can lead to same; mast-cell destabilization: mold is a mast-cell destabilizer.

So there's two potential causes (methylation polymorphisms and infection) that aren't mutually exclusive. I did a search on 'DAO polymorphism', and this site comes up first:

http://www.deficitdao.org/

On their DAO Deficiency tab, they have a nice summary that includes 'adverse effects derived from DAO deficiency' which you might want to compare your symptoms to. If you're looking at a DAO polymorphism, the best way to treat it would be identifying the correct methylation supplementation protocol which would allow you to bypass this particular block in your cycle and get it running smoothly again.

Yasmina Ykelenstam also has a page on this, although you can tell she ran it through a translation program after lifting the text directly from the parent site (http://www.histaminintoleranz.ch/diagnose.html).

I've also attached a paper which may have some helpful information -- this is probably also relevant to the Urticaria thread, since I keep seeing that come up in connection with DAO.

Hope some of this is helpful!

Thanks for this, Shijing, I'll take a look at these when I can. I've already read quite a bit about this and from what I've read, in order to get over the DAO deficiency, you have to heal your gut. And I do have almost all of the symptoms of DAO deficiency.

This is why I am wondering just how damaging taking the antibiotics are to the gut?

Nienna said:
Thanks for this, Shijing, I'll take a look at these when I can. I've already read quite a bit about this and from what I've read, in order to get over the DAO deficiency, you have to heal your gut. And I do have almost all of the symptoms of DAO deficiency.

This is why I am wondering just how damaging taking the antibiotics are to the gut?

All things being equal, on a good diet, the gut should heal in a year or so. For those whose guts do not heal, obviously, something else is in play.

It's like a catch 22: you can't heal your gut until you kill the critters hiding in the body. And, killing the critters hiding in the body kills critters in your gut that you have to constantly replace throughout the protocol.

I'm just gonna kill everything, replace goodies as I go along, and then, when all the baddies are dead, I'll be able to concentrate on the gut normalization.

Laura said:
Gaby said:
Yas said:
Sure!

It might just look different if you have another Office version.

Excellent! The format looks alright :flowers:

One change. Gancyclovir for 3 weeks only. Week 3 through week 6.

Oops! I missed that one!

When I looked at it now, I thought that I could make it shorter, so that it would be cheaper to print if someone wants to print it. Let me know if it's ok, or if you preffer the longer one.

Attachments

259.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Protocol for chronic illnesses and autoimmune diseases.docx
    26.9 KB · Views: 43
Laura said:
Nienna said:

All things being equal, on a good diet, the gut should heal in a year or so. For those whose guts do not heal, obviously, something else is in play.

It's like a catch 22: you can't heal your gut until you kill the critters hiding in the body. And, killing the critters hiding in the body kills critters in your gut that you have to constantly replace throughout the protocol.

I'm just gonna kill everything, replace goodies as I go along, and then, when all the baddies are dead, I'll be able to concentrate on the gut normalization.

Thank, Laura. This is something along the lines I was hoping for. I'm following what is being done here closely.

Back
Top Bottom