AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES CAUSED BY AN INFECTION?

Mikel said:
Hi,

I could not find cortisone dosage. How much and what kind are You taking for Yourselves? In Anti amoebic treatment paper this as I understood was IV type. What about oral? Is the type in Fludan OK for oral use?

I will check allopurinol in local pharmacies. I am affraid it is for prescription.

In the anti-amoebic protocol, they used a depot cortisone, intramuscular.

Cortisone is something you might need, or not. If you cannot get a prescription for it, you could get hydrocortisone from fludan.com and have it on your medical cabinet just in case . Hydrocortisone from fludan.com is typically for low dose hydrocortisone to treat severe adrenal fatigue.

Prednisone dose ranges from 0.2-2mg per kilo of body weight per day. If used less than 3 days, no descending dose is needed throughout the next days. That is, if you needed 60mg one day to buffer Herx reactions, that is that. Next day you can soldier off the Herx reactions.

Cortisone is discouraged because it increases parasitic infections due to its immunosuppressive effect. One single dose when it is REALLY needed could be used though.

If it is more cost effective, you could use a normal pain killer on a specific day from your local pharmacy. Only if the pain is too bad though and you have no contraindications to use them.

In this website, you'll know how much hydrocortisone would be the equivalent of 60mg of prednisone:

_http://clincalc.com/Corticosteroids/

_http://www.drugs.com/dosage/cortisone.html
there is some general possible window for dosage. Am I understanding it well, that it depends on situation? :) Guess so. Silly, was it?

Yes, each situation is different and should be individualized. The above is a rough guide. The dose varies a lot as you can see, usually, the clinical setting and problems dictates the rough amount of cortisone needed.

Any hints for allopurinol? I thought that when I order for pets :) I will not have to show prescription but... unfortunately looks like that it is not the case.

I am affraid creating noise but allopurinol for my pet is OK.

It seems vets used allopurinol as an anti-parasitic. In the original anti-amoeba protocol, allopurinol is included as an anti-parasitic.

My guess is that if it is good enough for animals, it is probably good enough.

My 2 cents!

riclapaz said:
For lyme disease, caused by ticks, is any type of tick? in the area I live in, it is a place with many dogs whose owners abandoned them, I have a dog, which is supplied with a pill, ticks they sting, they die, but we have found ticks in the yard, not if sometime, some have stung. :(

Lyme disease is said to be typically carried by deer ticks: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ixodes_scapularis

Mod note: Links activated. Deactivating links is recommended only in cases where you know (or suspect) that the source is disinfo.

Foxx said:
riclapaz said:
For lyme disease, caused by ticks, is any type of tick? in the area I live in, it is a place with many dogs whose owners abandoned them, I have a dog, which is supplied with a pill, ticks they sting, they die, but we have found ticks in the yard, not if sometime, some have stung. :(

Lyme disease is said to be typically carried by deer ticks: _https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ixodes_scapularis

I just read this update:

http://www.sott.net/article/301870-Chronic-Lyme-Disease-A-silent-epidemic-the-government-chooses-to-ignore

"Researchers are beginning to suspect Lyme disease isn't just a disease from ticks. Mounting evidence from leading authorities on Lyme believe the bacteria is also spread by other biting insects — such as spiders, fleas, mites and mosquitoes."

Oh boy.

The new version of the protocol is attached as a .doc. It is the simplified form. Main updates:

-NAC is included as a must have to destroy biofilms and strengthen the immune system, also to support detox pathways.
- Doses of ALA are suggested as well.
- Famciclovir is removed.
- Hydroxychloroquine is included to alkalinize the inner cell compartment and increase the anti-intracellular bacterial effect.

It lacks the anti-virals we are currently working with:

*Olive leaf extract
*Beta glucans (i.e. Beta-1,3/1,6-D-Glucan)
*Oregano oil
*Colostrum

It also lacks the cell wall antimicrobials which would be needed any time after the first month:

*Amoxicillin, ciprofloxacin, azithromycin and/or other related ones.

Will include them when I get a chance.

The extended version should include precautionary notes for each anti-microbials, dose adjusting and cell wall antimicrobials which were not included originally.

Just wanted to get it out there so people who are interested in this research and protocol will not waste time and money on famciclovir. Concentrating on hydroxychloroquine and cell wall antimicrobials, plus the anti-viral supplements would be a better investment. That, on top of the other things listed on the table.

FWIW!

Attachments

• protocol.doc
    36 KB · Views: 128
It should be mentioned that any of you who are able can contact Gaby privately via her website for a consultation and individual guidance through the protocol. You will see that her fees for forum members are very minimal as she considers this as part of her service to others. She can also guide you as to where and how to obtain the needed meds once you have decided on the protocol you wish to follow.

http://health-matrix.net/

Laura said:
It should be mentioned that any of you who are able can contact Gaby privately via her website for a consultation and individual guidance through the protocol. You will see that her fees for forum members are very minimal as she considers this as part of her service to others. She can also guide you as to where and how to obtain the needed meds once you have decided on the protocol you wish to follow.

http://health-matrix.net/

Deeply appreciate the additional information and the link to Gaby's website. Thank you.

I've been considering the protocol but given other factors, individual guidance might be the best route on how to proceed.

THANK YOU! Dziękuję.

PS. I still consider after i already did talk too much. What a program!

Gaby said:
Just wanted to get it out there so people who are interested in this research and protocol will not waste time and money on famciclovir. Concentrating on hydroxychloroquine and cell wall antimicrobials, plus the anti-viral supplements would be a better investment. That, on top of the other things listed on the table.

FWIW!

I forgot another one for the list:

Nystatin powder.

My nystatin is still on its way, so when I came down with loose stools while on metro (despite taking probiotics ), I took a pharmaceutical grade probiotic and it worked like a charm. It was more pricey than the antibiotics though! It contained: Saccharomyces boulardii, lactobacillus rhamnosus gg and bifidobacterium bifidum. My regular probiotic has several species of lactobacillus and bifidobacterium, minus the Saccharomyces boulardii.

Saccharomyces boulardii is needed to treat or prevent antibiotic related diarrhea. Some people get constipation when they take Saccharomyces boulardii when there is no diarrhea though.

Nystatin powder is really a great one to have on the medical cabinet and it is something we have done at some point or another as part of the anti-candida protocol. It should also be taken regularly while taking antibiotics.

Will include it on the table with suggested doses on the updated version.

Not sure if this is useful, but I found some research being done about liposomes and antibiotics. It looks like some refers to liposomally encapsulated antibiotics and some refers to liposomes being used to mitigate toxicity from bacteria to allow the immune system to fight the infection(s). How the latter works isn't as clear to me as the former, though I don't fully understand either of them.

Liposomes mitigating toxicity

_http://scitechdaily.com/engineered-liposomes-possible-alternative-antibiotics/
By engineering artificial nanoparticles made of lipids, scientists have developed a treatment for bacterial infections without using antibiotics.

Scientists from the University of Bern have developed a novel substance for the treatment of severe bacterial infections without antibiotics, which would prevent the development of antibiotic resistance.

Ever since the development of penicillin almost 90 years ago, antibiotics have remained the gold standard in the treatment of bacterial infections. However, the WHO has repeatedly warned of a growing emergence of bacteria that develop antibiotic resistance. Once antibiotics do no longer protect from bacterial infection, a mere pneumonia might be fatal.

Alternative therapeutic concepts which lead to the elimination of bacteria, but do not promote resistance are still lacking.

A team of international scientists has tested a novel substance, which has been developed by Eduard Babiychuk and Annette Draeger from the Institute of Anatomy, University of Bern in Switzerland. This compound constitutes a novel approach for the treatment of bacterial infections: the scientists engineered artificial nanoparticles made of lipids, “liposomes” that closely resemble the membrane of host cells. These liposomes act as decoys for bacterial toxins and so are able to sequester and neutralize them. Without toxins, the bacteria are rendered defenseless and can be eliminated by the cells of the host’s own immune system. The study is published in Nature Biotechnology.

Artificial bait for bacterial toxins

In clinical medicine, liposomes are used to deliver specific medication into the body of patients. Here, the Bernese scientists have created liposomes which attract bacterial toxins and so protect host cells from a dangerous toxin attack.

“We have made an irresistible bait for bacterial toxins. The toxins are fatally attracted to the liposomes, and once they are attached, they can be eliminated easily without danger for the host cells”, says Eduard Babiychuk who directed the study.

Since the bacteria are not targeted directly, the liposomes do not promote the development of bacterial resistance”, adds Annette Draeger. Mice which were treated with the liposomes after experimental, fatal septicemia survived without additional antibiotic therapy.

Publication: Brian D Henry, et al., “Engineered liposomes sequester bacterial exotoxins and protect from severe invasive infections in mice,” Nature Biotechnology, 2014; doi:10.1038/nbt.3037

Source: University of Bern

Link to referenced paper (behind a pay wall): _http://www.nature.com/nbt/journal/v33/n1/full/nbt.3037.html

Liposomally encapsulated antibiotics

Liposomal antibiotics for the treatment of infectious diseases. (full text behind pay wall)
_http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23886421
INTRODUCTION:
Liposomal delivery systems have been utilized in developing effective therapeutics against cancer and targeting microorganisms in and out of host cells and within biofilm community. The most attractive feature of liposome-based drugs are enhancing therapeutic index of the new or existing drugs while minimizing their adverse effects.
AREAS COVERED:
This communication provides an overview on several aspects of liposomal antibiotics including the most widely used preparation techniques for encapsulating different agents and the most important characteristic parameters applied for examining shape, size and stability of the spherical vesicles. In addition, the routes of administration, liposome-cell interactions and host parameters affecting the biodistribution of liposomes are highlighted.
EXPERT OPINION:
Liposomes are safe and suitable for delivery of variety of molecules and drugs in biomedical research and medicine. They are known to improve the therapeutic index of encapsulated agents and reduce drug toxicity. Recent studies on liposomal formulation of chemotherapeutic and bioactive agents and their targeted delivery show liposomal antibiotics potential in the treatment of microbial infections.

Formulation and efficacy of liposome-encapsulated antibiotics for therapy of intracellular Mycobacterium avium infection.
_http://aac.asm.org/content/39/9/2104
ABSTRACT
Mycobacterium avium is an intracellular pathogen that can invade and multiply within macrophages of the reticuloendothelial system. Current therapy is not highly effective. Particulate drug carriers that are targeted to the reticuloendothelial system may provide a means to deliver antibiotics more efficiently to M. avium-infected cells. We investigated the formulation of the antibiotics ciprofloxacin and azithromycin in liposomes and tested their antibacterial activities in vitro against M. avium residing within J774, a murine macrophage-like cell line. A conventional passive-entrapment method yielded an encapsulation efficiency of 9% for ciprofloxacin and because of aggregation mediated by the cationic drug, was useful only with liposomes containing < or = 50 mol% negatively charged phospholipid. In contrast, ciprofloxacin was encapsulated with > 90% efficiency, regardless of the content of negatively charged lipids, by a remote-loading technique that utilized both pH and potential gradients to drive drug into preformed liposomes. Both the cellular accumulation and the antimycobacterial activity of ciprofloxacin increased in proportion to the liposome negative charge; the maximal enhancement of potency was 43-fold in liposomes of distearoylphosphatidylglycerol-cholesterol (DSPG-Chol) (10:5). Azithromycin liposomes were prepared as a freeze-dried preparation to avoid chemical instability during storage, and drug could be incorporated at 33 mol% (with respect to phospholipid). Azithromycin also showed enhanced antimycobacterial effect in liposomes, and the potency increased in parallel to the moles percent of negatively charged lipids; azithromycin in DSPG-Chol (10:5) liposomes inhibited intracellular M. avium growth 41-fold more effectively than did free azithromycin. Thus, ciprofloxacin or azithromycin encapsulated in stable liposomes having substantial negative surface charge is superior to nonencapsulated drug in inhibition of M.avium growth within cultured macrophages and may provide more effective therapy of M.avium infections.

Treatment of experimental osteomyelitis by liposomal antibiotics
_http://jac.oxfordjournals.org/content/54/6/1103.full
Objectives: Traditional antibiotic therapy of staphylococcal osteomyelitis by a single drug or a drug combination is ineffective in producing complete sterilization of infected bones. The aim of this study was to develop a non-traditional delivery system of antibiotics for treatment of chronic experimental osteomyelitis.

Methods: In the current work, ciprofloxacin and vancomycin were encapsulated in a cationic, anionic or neutral liposomal formulation. For prolonged circulation in serum, liposomal dispersions (<100 nm in diameter) were sonicated for different times (20, 40, 60 or 80 s), and tested for antibacterial activities.

Results and conclusions: Liposomes sonicated for 40 s gave the highest antibacterial activities in vitro. Since cationic liposomes trapped the highest percentage of antibiotics, and enhanced antibacterial activity above that of the free drugs, they were used for therapeutic trials to treat chronic staphylococcal osteomyelitis induced in rabbits. Therapeutic trials with antibiotics given intravenously revealed that, free ciprofloxacin or vancomycin given alone for 14 days was ineffective in sterilizing bone. Combination therapy with free ciprofloxacin and vancomycin for 14 days was more effective. However, this group showed renal dysfunction and severe diarrhoea, which resulted in loss of 33.3% of treated animals. Treatment with liposomal forms of either drug for 7 days was ineffective. Meanwhile, combination therapy in liposomal form for 7 days was more effective. Complete sterilization of bone tissues on cultures (100% cure) was obtained only in the group treated for 14 days with the combination of both drugs in liposomal form. Moreover, liposomal formulations showed much lower nephrotoxicity and a lower incidence of severe diarrhoea than that induced by free drugs.

Activity and Interactions of Liposomal Antibiotics in Presence of Polyanions and Sputum of Patients with Cystic Fibrosis
_http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0005724
Abstract

Background

To compare the effectiveness of liposomal tobramycin or polymyxin B against Pseudomonas aeruginosa in the Cystic Fibrosis (CF) sputum and its inhibition by common polyanionic components such as DNA, F-actin, lipopolysaccharides (LPS), and lipoteichoic acid (LTA).

Methodology

Liposomal formulations were prepared from a mixture of 1,2-Dimyristoyl-sn-Glycero-3-Phosphocholine (DMPC) or 1,2-Dipalmitoyl-sn-Glycero-3-Phosphocholine (DPPC) and Cholesterol (Chol), respectively. Stability of the formulations in different biological milieus and antibacterial activities compared to conventional forms in the presence of the aforementioned inhibitory factors or CF sputum were evaluated.

Results

The formulations were stable in all conditions tested with no significant differences compared to the controls. Inhibition of antibiotic formulations by DNA/F-actin and LPS/LTA was concentration dependent. DNA/F-actin (125 to 1000 mg/L) and LPS/LTA (1 to 1000 mg/L) inhibited conventional tobramycin bioactivity, whereas, liposome-entrapped tobramycin was inhibited at higher concentrations - DNA/F-actin (500 to 1000 mg/L) and LPS/LTA (100 to 1000 mg/L). Neither polymyxin B formulation was inactivated by DNA/F-actin, but LPS/LTA (1 to 1000 mg/L) inhibited the drug in conventional form completely and higher concentrations of the inhibitors (100 to 1000 mg/L) was required to inhibit the liposome-entrapped polymyxin B. Co-incubation with inhibitory factors (1000 mg/L) increased conventional (16-fold) and liposomal (4-fold) tobramycin minimum bactericidal concentrations (MBCs), while both polymyxin B formulations were inhibited 64-fold.

Conclusions

Liposome-entrapment reduced antibiotic inhibition up to 100-fold and the CFU of endogenous P. aeruginosa in sputum by 4-fold compared to the conventional antibiotic, suggesting their potential applications in CF lung infections.

This is a pretty long article, so I've just copied some relevant portions:
Liposome-Entrapped Antibiotics: Recent Progress and Clinical Applications
_http://www.researchgate.net/publication/265905875_Liposome-Entrapped_Antibiotics_Recent_Progress_and_Clinical_Applications
12.5 Advantages and Successes of Liposomal Antibiotics
It has been more than 40 years since it was suggested that liposomes could become nanocarriers
of antibiotics to drug-resistant pathogens, and research and development has
produced effective liposomal drug delivery systems with multiple advantages over conventional
drug delivery formulations. The goal of any liposome formulation is to improve
drug biodistribution and pharmacokinetics while lowering toxicity. Other aims include
increasing drug uptake by resistant intracellular and extracellular pathogens. The limitations
of conventional antibiotics typically include adverse side effects combined with
limited biodistribution or pharmacokinetics in patients. In addition, there are drawbacks
such as elevated bacterial resistance, low drug permeability levels, and thus interaction
with pathogens
. In order to achieve these goals, it is important to characterize the
liposomes for their specific activity by the techniques described in the earlier sections.
Presently, accomplishments in liposomology have been the production of nanocarriers
with reduced toxicity, which not only increase, but also sustain drug levels in the circulation
and at the site of infection (lymph nodes, the lungs) [6,34,146]. These achievements
overwhelmingly promote the utilization of liposomes as carriers in the treatment of fungal
infections, certain cancers, and chronic or resistant lung infections.

12.5.1  Protection from Degradation or Inactivation
At the basic level, liposomes selectively “screen” particular antibiotics for their bacterial
targets
. In contrast, for example, β-lactams are broad-spectrum antibiotics that are regularly
used against Gram-positive and Gram-negative pathogens [147]. Due to their popular
clinical use, pathogens like methicillin- or vancomycin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus have
emerged [148]. Their resistance is usually due to β-lactamases, which have prompted the
production of β-lactamase-resistant β-lactams (e.g., meropenem). However, newer forms
of semiresistant mutations of penicillin-binding proteins, or proteins with resistance to
antibiotic compound diffusion across bacterial membranes have developed [149]. Since
liposomes tend to encapsulate compounds which act to mask and protect the internalized
antibiotics, many resistance factors like β-lactamase degradation and poor diffusion
are assumed to be bypassed
[147]. As liposomal β-lactam research is only in the formative
stages of in vitro experimentation, in vivo models are lacking [75,82,83]. Schiffelers
et al. explored the synergistic activity of liposome co-encapsulated gentamicin and ceftazidime
in a rat K. pneumoniae infection model [115]. The investigators reported that the
co-encapsulation allowed for a shorter treatment course and a lower dose of antibiotics
compared to the conventional form, warranting further studies.

Opportunistic pathogens that proliferate in the lungs of CF patients reside within biofilms
(an extracellular matrix made up of negatively charged alginate) that are covered with
endotoxins generated by pathogens and patient-excreted polyanionic sputum (a mixture of
DNA and glycoproteins from host neutrophils) [61,150]. Different classes of cationic antibiotics
(e.g., aminoglycosides, polymyxins) with broad-spectrum activity against these pathogens
are inactivated in the presence of polyanions.
The aggregation of these factors (owing
to their charges) with antibiotics retards further diffusion through the biofilm matrix, and
hence contact with the pathogens. Liposome entrapment of antibiotics, however, inhibits
the antibiotic–polyanion interaction.
We have previously shown this to be true for neutral
liposomes (which do not favor electrostatic interactions) that were loaded with tobramycin
or polymyxin B [60]. While the activity of conventional antibiotics against P. aeruginosa was
inhibited at low concentrations of the factors, liposomal formulations were superior by 2- to
100-fold, dependant on the inhibiting factors
. The liposomal formulations also reduced
endogenous bacterial counts in expectorated sputum at a concentration lower than that of
the conventional form, but failed to completely eradicate growth. Further investigations
have shown that the viscous sputum hampers liposomal diffusion, and that recombinant
human DNase and alginate lyase are important components toward the improvement of
conventional or liposomal antibiotic diffusion across this barrier [70,151–153].

<snip>

12.5.3  Enhanced Delivery to Intracellular Pathogens
Persistent intracellular pathogens (e.g., Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC), L. monocytogenes,
S. typhimurium) may reside in phagocytic cells (an essential component of the immune system)
after opsonization, hindering any treatment [51,156,157]. The majority of conventional antibiotics
(e.g., aminoglycosides, β-lactams) cannot readily penetrate or diffuse across the phagocyte
membrane, while others (e.g., macrolides, fluoroquinolones) are inactivated by acidic pH
of lysosomes, or do not reach critical bactericidal concentrations [51]. When antibiotics are
loaded within liposomes, these nanocarriers not only show enhanced activity in vitro, but
also improve the clearance of bacterial infections in vivo with greater survival capacities
[158].

So perhaps there's some kind of liposomal preparation method to make the anitbiotics more potent.

An interesting development:

3.5 Million Year Old Siberian Bacteria Boosts Longevity and the Immune System

3.5 million year old Bacillus F could improve longevity of humans
Experts have unlocked its DNA and are testing it on mice and human cells
Bacteria was found in 2009 embedded in ancient permafrost in Yakutia

Man has long dreamed of a mythical potion known as the ‘elixir of life’ which grants a drinker eternal youth.
Now Russian scientists claim to be making progress in adapting a 3.5 million year old ‘eternal’ bacteria named Bacillus F to improve the longevity of humans.
They revealed that they have unlocked the DNA of this cold-immune ‘scientific sensation’ and are now seeking to understand the genes which have allowed its extraordinary survival in the Siberian permafrost.

Tests on living organisms, notably human blood cells, mice, fruit flies and crops, all show a positive impact.

Professor Sergey Petrov, chief researcher at Tyumen Scientific Centre, said: 'In all these experiments, Bacillus F stimulated the growth and also strengthened the immune system.

'The experiments on human erythrocytes and leucocytes were also very optimistic.'

The bacteria was discovered in 2009 by Dr Anatoli Brouchkov, head of the Geocryology Department of Moscow State University.

It was embedded in ancient permafrost at a site known as Mammoth Mountain in the Sakha Republic, also known as Yakutia, the largest region in Siberia.

Similar bacteria were discovered by Siberian scientist Vladimir Repin in the brain of an extinct woolly mammoth preserved by permafrost.

'We did a lot of experiments on mice and fruit flies and we saw the sustainable impact of our bacteria on their longevity and fertility,' said Dr Brouchkov. 'But we do not know yet exactly how it works.'

For now 'we cannot understand the mechanism, but we see the impact'.

Epidemiologist Dr Viktor Chernyavsky said: 'The bacteria gives out biologically active substances throughout its life, which activates the immune status of experimental animals.'

Calling it a 'scientific sensation,' he said 'mice grannies not only began to dance, but also produced offspring'.

In future, the bacteria could improve the health of humans, leading to the discovery of an 'elixir of life', he said.

Another bacteria found in the permafrost allegedly has the ability to 'destroy petroleum molecules, turning them into water with the potential one day to create a new system for cleaning up oil spills,
' The Siberian Times reported.

'A third strain of ancient bacteria is capable of eliminating cellulose molecules.'

Dr Brouchkov said: 'We want to understand the mechanisms of the protection of genome, the functioning of the genes.

'The key question is what provides the vitality of this bacteria, but it is as complicated as which human genes are responsible for cancer and how to cure it. The scale and complicity of the question are nearly the same.'

He said the permafrost where the bacteria was found is estimated to be around 3.5 million years old.

'This bacteria was isolated from the outer world in ice, so we are quite sure that this bacteria was kept in the permafrost for such a long time.

'Yet we are still working to prove this.'

He claimed: 'I would say, there exist (in the world) immortal bacteria, immortal beings. They cannot die, to more precise, they can protect themselves.

'Our cells are unable to protect themselves from damage.

'These bacteria cells are able to protect themselves.

'It would be great to find the mechanisms of protection from ageing, from damage and to use them to fight with our ageing.

'It's is the main riddle of mankind and I believe we must work to solve it.

'Now we have a key, ancient bacteria, which scientists have found in an extreme and ancient environment.'

Professor Petrov said that experiments show the bacteria 'stimulates the growth of crops, increases productivity'.

Frost resistance is also significantly improved, he added.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3243056/Is-key-elixir-life-3-5-million-year-old-eternal-bacteria-boosts-longevity-immune-scientists-claim.html#ixzz3mUOhQP96

I'm really liking Russia these days - a country that is out to promote life & health rather than send us all back into the Dark Ages:
Russia Completely Bans GMOs in Food Production
http://www.globalresearch.ca/russia-completely-bans-gmos-in-food-production/5477532

In "Why Can't I Get Better", Richard Horowitz has seen bad results when increasing the Nitric Oxide system (NO) in certain conditions. Its great effects are known, but the deleterious effects should be addressed as well:

Several stressors like bacterial and viral infections increase NO and its oxidant product, peroxynitrite. This last one can act as a free radical and increase oxidative stress, which can damage DNA and proteins inside the cell.

Horowitz says that it increases the production of NF-KappaB, which can increase production of the "cytokine storm".

In short, the underlying factors are best addressed and reducing the "cytokine storm" is the key. Several of the supplements listed in this thread help with that: ALA, CoQ10, NAC, Omega 3s, zinc,magnesium, and so forth. This, on top of the anti-microbials.

Dealing with the underlying infection, immune issues and inflammation, and supporting detox, addressing imbalances (hormonal, nutritional, sleep disorders, etc.) is very important in that sense.

In any case, L-arginine is one supplement to be added to the protocol for endothelial health though. Here are the reasons:

Chlamydia pneumonia and the like are infamous for provoking atherosclerosis. The protocol addresses these bugs and it could potentially ward-off a future heart attack that way. But it could also create some trouble on the endothelium when there are "local Herx reactions", leading to angina, vasoconstriction and heart problems. Not good!!

Richard Horowitz recommends L-arginine in his book, but he also warns that it is not advisable in case of severe Herx reactions, that is, on the beginning. For example, it will dilate the vessels a little bit too much in people with migraines or others who have very low blood pressure either from Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, adrenal fatigue and other issues.

As a precautionary note, L-arginine is added to the protocol for endothelial health but somewhere after the second month when severe Herx reactions stop. That way we make sure the worst of the "cytokine storm" is dealt with and people are more protected against any possible vasoconstriciton due to endothelial troubleshooting.

As a safety precaution and to be added to the updated protocol somewhere after the second month and/or when severe symptoms or Herx reactions stop:

L-arginine, dose is from 3 to 6 grams three times per day.

Here is the relevant protocol from the paper "Long-term l-Arginine Supplementation Improves Small-Vessel Coronary Endothelial Function in Humans"

_http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/97/21/2123.full

"Oral l-arginine was given at a dose of 1 g TID for week 1, 2 g/d for week 2, and at the target dose of 3 g TID beginning in week 3".

The target dose of 3g three times per day was maintained for 6 months.

If dizzy or any other symptom related to low blood pressure, the lowest dose should be tried.

Other supplements are also very good in case of angina or associated symptoms due to vasoconstriction of heart vessels from localized Herx reactions or accumulation of debris (stuff accumulated over time due to die-off of bugs): CoQ10, Omega 3s, vitamin E (1000 UI) and magnesium, other than L-arginine.

Making sure one doesn't have iron overload is important as well, iron sets everything on fire so to speak.

I think that bugs embedded in arteries could well be the most difficult to get rid off because they are encapsulated in plaque material. So in that sense, possible angina due to vasoconstriction of the heart vessels could happen after many months in the protocol. The supplements should really help with endothelial health though. And killing bugs in arteries should ward off any cardiovascular event, either sudden or chronic, in the long-term.

Evil critters!

Hey Laura, I'm new!

From what I understand from being Paleo for a few months (starting again soon, had money issues), the gluten in grains mimic the molecular pattern of other tissues. The immune system then chases to whereever this gluten is and is mimicing and then keeps attacking that creating inflammation - arthiritis, Chron's etc. I hope that's a good addition to the information here!

Back
Top Bottom