AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES CAUSED BY AN INFECTION?

Continuing with the notes of "Why Can't I Get Better" by Richard Horowitz from pages 300-400:

- Neurological symptoms of Lyme disease include memory and concentration problems, difficulties with processing new information, word-finding problems, mood disorders (such as depression), anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, schizophrenia, etc.

- A list of neurological problems include: autonomic nervous system disorders, Bell's palsy or pain disorders affecting the face, changes in hearing and vision, dizziness and balancing problems, headaches and migraines, insomnia, light and sound sensitivity, memory and concentration problems, mood disorders, neurodegenerative diseases, psychiatric disorders, seizures.

- Affected peripheral nerves leads to symptoms of radiculitis (inflammation in the nerve root coming out from the spinal column) and peripheral neuropathy which causes symptoms such as tingling, numbness, burning, and hypersensitivity of the skin.

- Psychiatric case reports linked to Lyme include: paranoia, thought disorders, delusions with psychosis, schizophrenia, with or without visual, auditory, or olfactory hallucinations, panic attacks, mood lability with violent outbursts, personality changes, catatonia, dementia, etc.

- Other disorders: atypical bipolar disorder, depersonalization/derealization, conversion disorders, somatization disorders, atypical psychoses, schizoaffective disorders, intermittent explosive disorders.

- In children and teenagers, there can be developmental delays, ADHD (inattentive subtype), oppositional defiant disorder, anorexia, Tourette's syndrome, etc.

- Psychiatric manifestations are often the result of a physical health problem. Microbes as well as toxins, free radical stress, and mitochondrial dysfunction can all impair mental health.

- In the chronically sick individual, there can be multiple causes for psychiatric symptoms: autoimmune disorders (i.e. lupus cerebritis), B12 and/or folic acid deficiency, carcinoma of the brain or pancreas, chronic inflammation from infections (i.e. Borrelia and mycoplasma), defects in mitochondrial function, endocrine abnormalities, endogenous toxins (i.e. from bacteria) and environmental toxins (i.e. mercury, lead, aluminum), inadequate detox pathways, temporal lobe epilepsy, viral brain infections, Wilson's disease with copper overload.

- The following features have helped to make or support a diagnosis of an underlying infection:
* Atypical features of a psychiatric disorder (i.e. absence of typical early signs or symptoms, unusually acute onset without new traumas or life changes, uncharacteristic constellation of symptoms).
* Absence of a family history of psychiatric disorders.
* Presentation of a psychiatric disorder at an older or younger age than is typical (i.e. autistic behavior at age six, forgetfulness at age 35, first manic episode at age 45).
* Lack of expected response to psychotropic medication.
* Adverse response to previously well-tolerated medication.
* Lack of expected correlation of symptoms to psychological triggers. (mood lability without apparent cause).

- Infections can lie dormant and reemerge months or even years later, producing neuropsychiatric symptoms at any point in the life span, regardless of when the initial tick bite occurred.

- Cognitive and concentration issues can range in severity and be mistaken for Alzheimer's or other dementia, especially if other illnesses were ruled out: hypothyroidism, gluten sensitivity, B12 deficiency.

- Insomnia and profound fatigue worsens the symptoms. Women often experience Herxheimer reactions with treatment and their mental health can worsen while taking antibiotics, subsequently they will improve.

- Infections causes an ongoing pro-inflammatory cytokine production which worsens everything and any underlying disease.

- Co-infections which influence psychiatric symptoms. Elrichiosis, Babesia, viruses, Mycoplasma, Chlamydia. Worst neurological problems are seen when there is Lyme disease, Mycoplasma and Bartonella simultaneously, with or without other co-infections.

- Eye involvement seen in Bartonella: inflammatory conditions such as episcleritis, optic neuritis, conjunctivitis, uveits, iritis, pre-auricular adenopathy, neuroretinitis, etc. Bartonella also causes seizures.

-Quinolones (i.e. ciprofloxacin) are very helpful in cases of resistant neurological Lyme disease associated with bartonellosis.

- He discuses several medications and alternative methods to palliate Herx reactions and psychiatric symptoms related with infections. From Bach flower remedies, breathing exercises, meditation to mainstream meds. Care must be taken between drug and antibiotic interactions. Some people need mainstream medication to palliate sleep and other problems which might worsen the "cytoquine storm". He has seen people who will not improve no matter what until an underlying traumatic event from childhood would be processed through emotional release techniques or psychotherapy.

- Mycoplasma (i.e. m. fermetans discovered by Garth Nicolson) may increase demyelination in patients who have been exposed to Lyme disease and mercury.

- He does mention the ketogenic diet in the chapter of neurological disorders :)

- To be continued.

Gaby said:
- To be continued.

- People with Lyme disease often have problems falling asleep, severe insomnia or hypersomnolence (sleeping 12-14 hours per day). Regardless of hours slept, usually they remain extremely fatigued. Resistant insomnia (to medications) is a hallmark of MSIDS. Sleep deprivation is one of the primary reasons why people remain sick.

-Impaired sleep directly correlates with impaired immune function.

- Borrelia alone can suppress the immune system. Parasites such as Babesia may further suppress immune functioning, and the medical literature doesn't adequately reflect the simultaneous effects of multiple co-infections on an individual's chronic illness.

- Certain cytokines not only affect inflammation, but also can have deleterious effects on sleep, affecting our endocrine function. Some studies have reported persistently elevated levels of cortisol in people with chronic insomnia, particularly insomina related to aging and psychiatric disorders, with high levels of cortisol reducing REM sleep.

- High amounts of IL-6 are also associated with insomnia, narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia and obesity.

- A word on postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), a form of autonomic nervous system (ANS) dysfunction. People with this condition are unable to maintain vascular tone. This leads to low blood pressure when standing and/or changing position (postural orthostasis). The heart tries to compensate for the low blood pressure by beating faster, thereby causing palpitations. This can produce symptoms of dizziness, fatigue, exercise intolerance, concentration problems.

- POTS can be caused by several reasons. There can be an abnormal production of hormones and neurotransmitters, such as norepinephrine and epinephrine (like an overactivation of the sympathetic nervous system, with subsequent overproduction of norepi). It could be due to an inability of receptors in blood vessels to respond to these chemicals. It could be due to low intravascular volume. It can be due to autonomic neuropathy where there is damage to the vagus nerve or ganglia of the ANS. In POTS, there is usually a "hyperadrenegic state".

- He discusses several measures and treatments for POTS, including increasing salt and water intake. He also shares a case report of a woman whose fatigue didn't got significantly better despite every single treatment out there for her infections, until her POTS was addressed with specific medications.

- A word on allergies. He discusses the delayed hypersensitivity reactions (igG antibodies) and the acute ones (IgE antibodies).

- It is estimated that 80% to 85% of food allergy/sensitivity reactions are due to IgG antibodies. These cause a delayed reaction, which occurs between 24 and 48 hours after ingestion of the offending agent. Scientific studies have shown that symptoms may include:
*Arthritis
*Bed-wetting associated with childhood hyperactivity.
*Constipation and/or diarrhea.
*Eczema and urticaria (hives)
*Fatigue
*Headaches, as well as migrains.
*Indigestion and reflux
*Low blood pressure
*Mood swings, with either anxiety and depression
*Respiratory problems, with an increase in bronchospasm and asthma.
*Stomach upset with abdominal pain.

- Other concepts shared about allergies reflects what has been shared in this forum for the "elimination diet".

- He explains how some people with gluten sensitivities can also be deficient in secretory IgA (sIgA). This antibody is the first line of defense against gastrointestinal pathogens and forms immune complexes with food allergens to prevent them from being absorbed into the body. If the patient has low sIgA, there could be leaky gut and allergic foods enter much easily the bloodstream.

- Other than diet, he discuses several measures to help heal the gut that reflects the forum research. Reminder: Saccharomyces boulardii helps prevent antibiotic-associated diarrhea. High dose probiotics and occasionally prebiotics are extremely useful for gut health on people with long-term antibiotics. Also nystatin.

- Some supplements mentioned: turmeric, arabinogalactans (increases production of short chain fatty acids), DGL, gltuamine, NAC, digestive enzymes, HCL, OptiCleanse GHI, ALA, quercetin, potassium D-glucurate, etc.

- After an introduction to the gut microbiome and its importance, he talks about SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) which is associated with IBS, CFS and fibromyalgia.

- Cytokine connection: Gut flora directly impact the production of inflammatory cytokines. Microbiomes of bacteria, viruses, and fungi are constantly interacting with our body, affecting our health. Bacteria in our gut are associated with Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, asthma, as certain bacteria have been found to stimulate chronic low-grade inflammation. Gut microbiomes also help shape metabolic and immune network activity, and ultimately influence the development of diabetes and obesity. They prolong the time food moves through the intestines, increase the cellular uptake of triglycerides and their subsequent storage into fat. He then explains the research on fecal transplantation which shows how people can become lean and healthy with a fecal transplant.

- He also explains the role of bacteria in our gut and their effect on cytokine production and how that relates with sleep and inflammation.

- Gut bacteria also secrete neurotoxins, the most common one being ammonia. Others are D-lactic acid and octopamine, chemicals generated by the action of colonic bacteria on undigested protein. Those with systemic candidiasis have elevated OH levels in their blood without having consumed any due to sugar and yeast fermentation in the gut.

- A word on SIBO treatment: Xifaxan (antibiotic) and if it doesn't work, low dose antibiotic with erythromycin.

- He discuses a case of a person whose chronic parasitic infections were delaying her recovery or treatment response. She had strongyloides and another parasite that was unidentifiable on stool analysis. Dr. Horowitz says it is important to check parasites in stools when there is suspicion, and reminds people that they can be very low in sensitivity, meaning that a negative test doesn't discard parasitic infection. He mentions having used a broad spectrum antiparasitic regime for one week in cases where he could not identify all the parasites present.

Did he describe/name the broad spectrum antiparasitic regime?

Laura said:

Yes he did:

Several doses of Biltricide, one dose of ivermectin, and one dose of Pin-X, followed by three days of Alinia (nitazoxanide). Then he adds, "since we could not identify all the parasites present".

The particular patient returned one month later with a big smile in her face, her GI problems and gastroparesis (particularly severe form of delayed gastric emptying) had cleared up for the first time in years. She also tried probiotics, an elimination diet, and magnesium to address her underlying issues.

Anti-helminthics:

Biltricide = Praziquantel
Ivermectin

For pinworm and roundworm:

PinX = Pyrantel Pamoate

Anti-protozoal:

Alinia (nitazoxanide)

Gaby said:
I would bring up the possibility of chronic persistent infections such as Lyme disease or mycoplasma. That way, if they already have to run several tests including a spinal fluid test, they could have it in mind. They might not have access to the required lab tests, but still, it would be interesting to run a differential diagnosis and see what comes up.

Some tests can be very invasive and you've already gone through quite a lot of them. Let us know how it goes and how you're feeling and doing throughout this process.

I'm glad that this research exists at this moment in time. You'll find it very useful!! :flowers:
Thank you very much for your efforts, Gaby, and share this information!. :)

Does Horowitz have anything to say about vaccines? I'm reading Plague Time right now, and noticed that the author is like 50% - 50% about vaccines; some benefits by "training" the immune system, some risks, like contamination and mutated viruses. After reading this thread and related books, I'm not wholeheartedly against a vaccines anymore, as I used to be, but I still would hesitate taking them or giving them to my kids. I don't know what to think about vaccines right now...

Aragorn said:
Does Horowitz have anything to say about vaccines? I'm reading Plague Time right now, and noticed that the author is like 50% - 50% about vaccines; some benefits by "training" the immune system, some risks, like contamination and mutated viruses. After reading this thread and related books, I'm not wholeheartedly against a vaccines anymore, as I used to be, but I still would hesitate taking them or giving them to my kids. I don't know what to think about vaccines right now...

No, he doesn't touch that subject.

I'm uploading notes from the last section of Horowitz book, FWIW. It will give you an idea of what he covers. He mainly focuses on relieving patient's suffering with both holistic and mainstream remedies. His patients are/were very sick.

Gaby said:
I'm uploading notes from the last section of Horowitz book, FWIW.

- Lyme and Liver Dysfunction: Elevated liver function tests are frequently elevated in those with tick-borne disorders. In a study published in Hepatology, 66% of Lyme patients with the disseminated disease had high liver function tests (abnormal result) which improved or resolved three weeks after the onset of antibiotic therapy in most patients. Cytokines causing inflammation or direct Borrelia invasion of the liver are some of the postulated mechanisms for this abnormal finding.

- Although rarely, antibiotics will temporarily raise liver function tests, but changing the medication or lowering the dose resolves the problem.

- Other causes of liver injury: fatty liver (high carb diet!), toxic chemical exposure, viral infection, new medication, acute and chronic pulmonary diseases, alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency, autoimmune hepatitis, cancer (primary and metastasic), connective tissue disorders, parasites, ETC. He talks briefly about each cause and how it is usually addressed from a medical perspective. He also explains each liver function test and what does it screens or detects.

- Distinguishing the potential causes are important because treatment differs for each cause. For example, autoimmune hepatitis is best treated with steroids. A patient with co-infections or Lyme will worsen on steroids due to suppression of their immune system. But patients with autoimmune hepatitis may require steroids to prevent disease progression and destruction of the liver.

- For those who must absolutely need Tylenol (acetaminophen) as a painkiller: take 600mg of NAC twice a day in order to protect the liver.

- Suggested ferritin levels for those with iron overload: ideally between 50 and 100mcg per L at the most.

- Check for liver function tests about once a year.

- For those with severe Herx reactions, increasing the intake of lemons and limes in order to alkalize the system does work to reduce symptoms.

- Liver function tests usually normalize under antibiotic treatments because it addresses co-infections which affect the liver. If liver function tests continue to rise despite antibiotic treatment or re-adjustment of antibiotics to rule out an affliction induced by them, think of something else. If it was the antibiotics, the tests should normalize within 3 weeks. If the tests continue to be altered and get worse, search for another disease however atypical it might be, i.e. Wilson's disease.

- He explains that low-dose naltrexone (LDN. I noticed it is sold in fludan.com) has had promising results in those with inflammatory bowel diseases with associated Lyme disease and elevated liver functions. LDN does not suppress the immune system, thus it does not worsen associated infections. It treats pain disorders and inflammation in patients with Lyme-MSIDS. Protocol on how to use it is on the appendix.

- Liver friendly supplements, as mentioned earlier: NAC, ALA, milk thistle, but also traditional Chinese herbal remedies such as Hepa#2 by Dr. Zhang.

- To be continued.

Gaby said:
- To be continued.

- Lyme and pain. A review of previous concepts: Borrelia burgdorferi produces pain that comes and goes and migrates. This includes arthritis pain, muscle pain, nerve pain, all of which normally do not tend to migrate. In women the pain is also influenced by hormonal cycles. A tick-borne disorder can be suspected if antibiotics increases pain (Herx reactions) or decreases it.

- Babesia will increase underlying Lyme symptoms. Bartonella is a frequent cofactor in nerve pain. Mycoplasma and Chlamydia increases arthritic pains. Viruses and yeast may impact pain syndromes.

- Lyme/MSIDS can cause most pain syndromes, i.e. fibromyalgia, RA, lupus, MS, migraines, dental pain syndromes, nerve pain in the face, carpal tunnel, painful gastrointestinal and genitourinary symptoms, IBD, painful gynecological syndromes, chest pain due to costochondritis, painful eye syndromes, ETC.

- Recap: 100 different strains of borrellia in the U.S., 300 strains worldwide. They can be 50-500 fold more active in inducing inflammatory cytokines than lipoproteins found in other common bacteria such as E.Coli.

- There might be several mechanisms as to why co-infections produces pain. For example, there can be molecular mimicry: body's antibodies against borrellia cross react with our own nerves and organs because they are structurally similar.

- Simultaneously treating the three I's: infection, inflammation, and immune dysfunction may be the key to alleviate chronic pain.

- Other causes of pain: detox problems, endocrine abnormalities, food allergies, heavy metals and environmental toxins, nutritional and enzyme deficiencies, other infections (bacteria, parasites, viruses, candida), sleep disorders. All of these can enhance cytokine production.

- He shares a case report of a young guy who consulted over 100 doctors in the previous several years (!!) and he was on several heavy duty painkillers which didn't relieve the pain. He finally was able to get off all narcotics when he was treated with a quinolone in pulsed therapy (i.e. gemifloxacin). It seems a Bartonella or Mycoplasma was at the root of the pain problem.

- He goes through the several classic pain medications treatments and explains why some of them might be useful "as a last resource". For example, norepinephrine (NE) decreases pain, so some people find useful those drugs which increase NE.

- He says that steroids are generally contraindicated in Lyme disease and co-infections because of their immune suppressive effects, but a single dose is useful to manage pain, i.e. after surgery or when really really needed.

- He also goes through integrative treatments for pain management:

*Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN). Extremely useful in patients with resistant pain, and it should be considered in those with Lyme-MSIDS with overlapping pain syndromes. LDN has been studied for treating multiple sclerosis and fibromyalgia. It increases beta-endorphins, reduces inflammatory reactions in microglial brain cells in animals, reduces pain and inflammation. It has been proved helpful for those with Crohn's disease, MS, FM, CFS. Protocol: Start with 2mg at bedtime for one month, 3mg at bedtime for the second month, then 4.5mg at bedtime. From over 700 patients: 75% patients with Lyme-MSIDS improved their FM and CFS symptoms including fatigue, myalgias, and arthralgias. 10-20% patients had to decrease the dose because it caused insomnia. It can also be taken upon awakening in the morning.

*Antioxidant therapies: ALA, NAC, sulforaphane, resveratrol, curcumin.

*Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs): I'm glad he explained this, because I never quite understood why the people from the Marshall protocol used it. He explains briefly the biochemistry behind this drug's pathway: Angiotensin II regulates vascular tone, stimulates the release of pro-inflammatory cytokines, activates NFKappaB, increases oxidative stress. ARBs decrease levels of TNF alpha, so they may be useful in cases of persistent inflammation, especially when there is associated uncontrolled high blood pressure. It is also useful for those with ongoing Herxheimer reactions who cannot tolerate intracellular antibiotics such as tetracyclines and macrolides due to Herx reactions (i.e. doxy and azithromycin). Note that it reduces blood pressure significantly!! Horowitz prefers to use low dose naltrexone and anti-oxidants to reduce cytokines due to this effect on lowering blood pressure.

*Anti-inflammatory diet: A few useful reminders... Do not drink alcohol with antibiotics! Specially if taking metronidazol!! Avoid eating sushi or raw fish (think of parasites!!!). Paleo diet and keto diet to address anti-nutrients, sugar levels, etc.

* Stress reduction techniques. I vote for EE!! :) I would keep in mind that beatha should not be overdone though. In fact, I would skip it entirely for a period of time if a person is very sick.

* Treatments for Herx reactions:
Alkalize: He recommends Alka-Seltzer Gold or just plain sodium bicarbonate in order to decrease Herx reactions. Other possibilities involve buffered Vitamin C, lemon-lime water (one or two fresh ones in a glass of water several minutes at the onset of Herx reactions). He explains that during inflammatory responses, acid-by-products are produced that may deplete alkaline reserves with a corresponding increase in free radical production damaging tissues. This may explain in part the symptoms seen in Herx reactions. Among 30 patients surveyed, 70% reported improvement in Herx reactions with lime water, including improvements in fatigue, joint pain, fever, muscle spasms, paresthesias, etc. Alkalinization also augments the effect of certain antibiotics in killing intracellular bacteria.
Support the elimination of toxins: milk thistle, ALA, NAC, dandelion, phosphatidylcholine, charcoal, betonite clay, zeolite, and occasionally using enemas could also be useful.
Shut down production of cytokines (ALA, curcumin, DIM, sulforaphane).
Supplement minerals (magnesium for detox pathways, zinc, copper).
Open up the drain: FIR saunas, lymphatic drainage protocols or herbs.
* Transdermal pain medications: i.e. local voltaren. He doesn't talk about DMSO, but that is certainly an exc option.
* Herbal therapies: andrographis, polygonum, stephania root, smilax, redroot, boneset.

-To be continued.

Gaby said:
-To be continued.

- The two most important lifestyle changes that influence health are diet and exercise.

- He reviews the importance of mitochondria and how exercise can help creating new ones.

- For those who are very sick, the concept of "energy envelope theory" is very important. In short, if you overdo it early in therapy, you will feel worse. Each individual has an amount of energy perceived to be available to him/her at any point in time, and if the individual expends only as much energy as they perceive they have available, they will remain in their energy envelop. Overexertion can lead to worsening of symptoms. The physical and psychological functioning of those who remain on their energy envelop is significantly better than those who ignore their body's basic signals. For example, those with MSIDS than overdo it when they feel better, will later crash and may be in bed for days. Graded exercise offers the best results.

- Nutritional support which facilitates exercise. Acetyl-L-carnitine, fish oil, vitamins C and E, glutathione (NAC, ALA). Massage is also very helpful.

- Finally, he has a chapter on meditation and mind training.

A few notes from "Treatment Protocols for Lyme Disease-MSIDS for Health-Care Providers", Appendix A from "Why Can't I Get Better" by Richard Horowitz.

- Several forms need to be addressed: cell wall form, cystic forms, intracellular organisms, biofilms.

- We have to keep in mind the biology of the organism: long replication time. Certain antibiotics that are bactericidal (i.e. penicillins, cephalosporins) will only work when the organism is actively dividing and reproducing. Several rounds of antibiotics may be necessary to cover the cycles of the organisms. Other antibiotics, such as tetracyclines (i.e. doxycycline) are bacteriostatic, so we must have a healthy immune system to fight the infection.

- Acute Lyme disease. if there were multiple rashes, stiff neck, headache, tinging in extremities, the organism has disseminated and one month of antibiotics is not enough. Doxy does not address cystic forms and allows spirochetes to survive.

- All the protocols are on the Appendix A, just wanted to comment on some doses and anbibiotics. For instance, for the first month of Acute Lyme disease, the following is suggested:

Month one: Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine) 200mg, one PO BID, doxy 100mg, two PO BID, nystatin 500000 units two PO BID, pulsed metronidazol three days a week (less than 120 pounds: 750mg per day; between 121-150 pounds 1000mg per day; greater than 150 pounds 1500 mg per day). Metronidazol erradicates cystic forms. Serrapeptase one PO BID (or similar enzymes) may be used concurrently.

His metro dose is slightly lower than that one of the RA protocol that we are trying, but using 3 days instead of two.

For month two, he adds a cell wall antibiotic: cephalosporins or a penicillin such as amoxicillin, since cell wall forms may have persisted during the initial month of treatment with a tetracycline (i.e. doxycycline). Rotating the regimens attempts to address all different forms and prevent persistent infection.

Once a person becomes free of symptoms for two months of treatment, the antibiotics can be stopped and herbal protocols can be considered.

- Antibiotics which address intracellular forms:

Doxycycline, macrolides such as azithromycin and quinolones such as ciprofloxacin.

Garth Nicolson suggests adding cipro or another quinolone if doxycycline doesn't work. The doses differ here as well. Horowitz recommends cipro 500mg PO BID. Garth Nicolson says that that dose doesn't work, it has to be 1500mg per day in order to see a difference. If cipro doesn't work, Garth Nicolson suggests a macrolide (azithromycin or claritromycin).

Important note: Ciprofloxacin and azithromycin both potentially increase the QT interval (EKG parameter), so DON'T combine both. Use one or the other. These are rare, but never forget about Murphy's law.

For those who might eventually need cipro, avoid strenuous exercise and dehydration to decrease the chance of tendon rupture on this antibiotic. Antioxidants and other detox measures also decrease this rare side effect. I've never seen this side effect on cipro, I have seen it in an elderly person who needed levofloxacin (a higher generation quinolone) for a pneumonia.

- Horowitz reminds people that doxycycline addresses biofilms.

- High does probiotics and nystatin are needed to avoid yeast overgrowth. Probiotics with saccharomyces boulardii will decrease the chance of Cl. Difficile diarrhea related with antibiotics.

- Suggested doses for antioxidants, heavy metal chelation and other supplements mentioned previously are reviewed again on the Appendix A.

- He reminds people that anti-virals don't seem helpful, suggesting mushroom extracts, olive leaf extract and other supplements mentioned previously on the relevant section of viruses.

- So far, what we are missing from our protocol that does seem very necessary:

Hydroxychloroquine 200mg once or twice per day according to body mass and a cell wall antibiotic to be done somewhere after the first month: Amoxicillin (penicillins) or a cephalosporin. If no improvements are seen with doxy, hydroxychloroquine, pulsed metro... Ciprofloxacin or another quinolone will be in line as a next in choice. It can be rotated with pulsed Azythromycin (3-4 days a week) and/or amoxicillin (penicillins and/or cephalosporins).

For the time being, I think it is safe to skip the antivirals entirely and experiment with Beta-1,3/1,6-D-Glucan, colostrum, olive leaf extract and so forth according to research and results.

Gaby said:
Laura said:

Yes he did:

Several doses of Biltricide, one dose of ivermectin, and one dose of Pin-X, followed by three days of Alinia (nitazoxanide). Then he adds, "since we could not identify all the parasites present".

The particular patient returned one month later with a big smile in her face, her GI problems and gastroparesis (particularly severe form of delayed gastric emptying) had cleared up for the first time in years. She also tried probiotics, an elimination diet, and magnesium to address her underlying issues.

Anti-helminthics:

Biltricide = Praziquantel
Ivermectin

For pinworm and roundworm:

PinX = Pyrantel Pamoate

Anti-protozoal:

Alinia (nitazoxanide)

Won't albendazole nuke all of those???

Laura said:

I just checked every single drug and what it kills, and yes, it seems that albendazole kills them all as well. The price can be an obstacle for some people though.

Gaby said:
Laura said:

I just checked every single drug and what it kills, and yes, it seems that albendazole kills them all as well. The price can be an obstacle for some people though.

And supposedly you only take one dose of albendazole to nuke about everything, right?

Laura said:
Gaby said:
Laura said:

And supposedly you only take one dose of albendazole to nuke about everything, right?

Yes, one dose. You can repeat one dose in two weeks to finish all possible pinworms.

If strongyloidiasis is suspected, 400mg twice per day might be needed.

Some specific diseases require more days, but those are heavy duty diseases. The bulk of it is killed with one single dose.

More info on doses:

_http://www.drugs.com/dosage/albendazole.html

Back
Top Bottom