Best Jokes

Hi Aeneas,

Spam, with the lower case “s”, by definition, according to several software sites, is unwanted and annoying email, scams, phishing, and in general unrequested dirt squirrel communication sent to everyone that bother and annoy users.

Then there’s Spam with the capital “S” - a canned meat product sold in grocery stores; I presume you’re referring to the lower case “s” spam here.

The Forum is more about interacting and discussing things we see and hear.

ok, understood - i’ve taken your advice and will discuss the things you have mentioned:

PoB says:
“Obviously, there are exceptions. Sometimes it's fine to just throw out a link. Some threads are not for discussion, but for collecting data (such as the Earth Changes thread) or humor. Use your good sense: as always, context matters! “

Have I sent links ? not that i’m aware off - i have attached jpg memes though.

Have i sent these to everyone (i.e. spam) ? - i followed the rules, as indicated in PoB’s recommendations, and made, under the forum heading Tickle Me, a sub thread called Life’s Humour, which, judging by the positive feedback, is doing what i hoped it would: make readers smile through good clean humour.

10 picture posts in one day - noise, you say ? Noise by definition is an unwanted or irritating sound; so the members that have sent “like” replies are doing so because they are irritated ? ...or just you ? ok, seriously, i see what you're saying, kinda, maybe i'm ... tying up bandwidth, cloudspace or whatever for those poor people in developing countries like Canada with dialup modems. I will try and limit to 2 meme posts per day from now on.

Have you, Aeneas, read through the sub forum “How are you feeling” ? I have. I’m saddened by what I read there never mind my own daily feelings - so i chose to do something, presuming some light humour would bring smiles to readers.

I’m not an aficionado of X, nor FB, nor of social media in general; if you’ve been following my comments you will see I contribute to other discussions on this Forum.

I’m sorry to hear that my posts annoy you, yet I hope you enjoy your day.

Here’s something to make you smile …or maybe not, i dunno…

1723993591569.jpeg

cheers :-)
life

ps... this meme doesn't count, i still have two more to post today : )

I’m sorry to hear that my posts annoy you, yet I hope you enjoy your day.
It's not about personal annoyance, the posts here are public for everyone, not to be liked by a single individual and Aeneas's post wasn't to tell you that you were annoying him, Aeneas was making the point that they can become noise.

Noise, beyond the technical definitions, in this context is defined as a post/thread that holds not a lot of content, nor generate discussion, and they eventually become simply ignored.

No one is saying that there's no room for humor, but it should't feel like or become a "meme dump" because that is not the purpose of this forum, there are other places online where that is precisely what is being sought after.

I started a jokes thread on Covid because everything discussed on covid was too serious for the benefit of discussion. I was afraid of being told of the noise factor at the time. But I thought a little rebellion against the serious would be empowering.

What's wrong with this thread, if any? The thread is tangled through a noun, which noun, @life , it has a certain degree of elevation here. So untanglement could be advised to remove 'ownership over' the noun's meaning, and eliminate possible offense created. How bout you change your nick into lifelife? It would not be taken literal as your's only humor and you will not be perceived as self declared authority into...stuff.

Memes and noise. When a thread is meme for meme sake unless the thread discusses an important aspect of the 'meme syndrome', that would be considered noise. Before the meme there were gifts and before the gifs there were emojis, and before the emojis there were acronyms. In the space of a mature conversation all of the above are noise as writing in all caps is shouting and rude. However, as noise appears everyone keeps it to minimum.

Last but not least, your thread is interesting and has potential, all that is needed is a bit of untanglement and your patience in discovering the Forum's sense of humor, in other words let other people post as well, maybe other than just memes.

Please do not get upset.

I agree with most of what's been said and I've argued before to just honor the title of this thread, "Best Jokes". Let's post the best jokes you come about, the ones that make you heartily laugh again upon remembering them after years of not being in your thoughts. The ones that keep you smiling for weeks when learning them. Those jokes.

Perhaps we could do a picture ban on this topic. Now hear me out. If the topic is "Best Jokes", then why, if one has such a joke to tell, not just type it out for everyone to read? If it's really one of the best jokes you know, don't you know them by heart already? And personally, the best jokes I know have most often been told to me by someone in person. Although I'm not always that good at remembering them...

Back
Top Bottom