Boardlurker? Read this!!

Vulcan59

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
Are you a "cass boardlurker"? Yes? Then this definitely applies to you. And no, we are not interested in bored lurkers. :)

A couple of quotes to get you going.

Session 15 Aug 09 said:
A: Those individuals who still think that you can get something for nothing will find themselves blocked.

Session 020731 said:
A: He who sits on fence gets splinters.
Q: (M) That is so true.
A: And they can be particularly nasty when one jumps off in haste upon realizing that fence sitters are prime targets for snipers.

Galahad said:
I can't stress enough the importance of participating. All of you lurkers on the forum, all of you who read and then don't post, finding all sorts of excellent excuses, do you understand that you are hurting yourselves? Maybe you are here only to get the latest news from the Cs, or the latest bits from Laura. Part of you may think that you are special because of that, or that you'll be able to save yourselves because you have information that others don't have.

And maybe there is some information here that can help you in 3D, help you to better face a future that isn't looking too bright.

Maybe you think that because you are trying to apply the information there, alone in your corner of the universe, that you are doing the Work.

But at some point, you need to make a choice and get off the fence.

If we are going to pull our buns out of the fire, it takes a group. And if you aren't participating, then you aren't part of that group. And if you aren't participating, then maybe those who are won't be enough. The group might not be strong enough. Will you really want to look at yourself some day and ask "What if?"
Now check out the Forum Guidelines and if that is agreeable, come on in and get off that fence!! :cool2:

Network! Just like the Cs tell us. Everybody needs to communicate with one and another so we can help each other out. I'm still working on my communication skills, so my apologizes for that. :/

Thank you for the good reminder Vulcan59 !

May be it does not fit context directly, but here what PepperFritz has said that got me moving:

PepperFritz said:
I think you really need to explore that incident more, the feelings and emotions involved, and the ways in which it may prevent you from applying yourself now, in the present. Your statement that you think forum members are "way too nice" to you strongly points to expectations of harsh treatment should you either (1) expose yourself as lazy, or (2) have the audacity to show us what you are really capable of. It's a classic "Catch-22" situation -- damned if you do, damned if you don't. That kind of emotional bind can really paralyze you.

The work ahead is to work through the emotions and beliefs about yourself that arose from that incident (which may be quite buried), see how much you have internalized it (and your past laziness) and let it define you, and how it causes you to act mechanically in response to it. Seeing yourself objectively in that regard will allow you to stop acting mechanically in this area, and choose to consciously act in the way you really want to.

:)

thanks Vulcan! I always have to push myself to post. Whenever I feel like posting, I alwas say..oh..I have nothing to ad.
SO, I'll try my best !

I was listening to this today:
The Rose / Aoi Teshima

Amanda McBroom's The Rose covered by a young Japanese singer who sang Therru No Uta (テルーの唄) in Gedo Senki (ゲド戦記).

The Rose

Some say love, it is a river
That drowns the tender reed
Some say love, it is a razor
That leaves your soul to bleed
Some say love, it is a hunger
An endless aching need
I say love, it is a flower
And you, its only seed

It's the heart, afraid of breaking
That never learns to dance
It's the dream, afraid of waking
That never takes the chance
It's the one who won't be taken
Who cannot seem to give
And the soul, afraid of dying
That never learns to live

When the night has been too lonely
And the road has been too long
And you think that love is only for the lucky and the strong
Just remember in the winter
Far beneath the bitter snow
Lies the seed
That with the sun's love, in the spring
Becomes the rose
(from _http://www.amcbroom.com/rose.html)

I somehow felt this song fits in this thread. :flowers:

Thank you Vulcan for this thread.
I have a been a lurker for years, afraid to post, scared of my writing ability, and to to be plainly honest i was not in the right frame of mind or had control of my body, i was an alcoholic, i drank every day, every night, i would buy a bottle of wine and some nights i would buy two, sit down in the evening and read Sott and the forum whilst slowly getting drunk. I was in no position to post, and to top off the drinking i would not be able to remember details of what i was reading.

For the past year i have been having an almighty internal battle that i kept loosing, waking up the next day and looking in the mirror scalding myself, telling myself i won't drink today, only to loose that battle by the time the evening came along. It's not that i didn't want to drink socially when the time is right, birthdays or a drink with Friends on occasions, but i knew in my heart the daily drinking it had to stop period. I am posting today because i have won that battle, and i feel so relieved.
I have gone 6 weeks without once being drunk, and when social occasion's came around had the strength to stop after one drink. I drank daily and at time's heavily for 23 years :scared:

I keep thinking to myself how and when i stopped and trying to rationalise, and was there external factors or help. I stopped drinking the week of pepperfritz sad departure, i had downloaded the first introduction audio of the Eiriu Eolas program, but this particular afternoon instead of listening while working, i lay on my bed to hear Laura talking about the importance of the EE program, i didn't make it through to the end, the only thing i can remember was falling into a trance with swirling blue Oliy cloud type images in the front of my forhead, like some sort of projector, projecting images onto the inside on my skull. This is the week i just stopped, the battle seemed to be gone, it was so easy to say No, i only had to say no a couple of times and No won every time.

Since that time i have started to clean my body eating well, gone through the pantry and thrown away any items of food, jars, tins which i found to contain the food that is harmful, checking on the web and the forum to make sure of the products contents. I have been pretty darn brutal.

It's only in the last couple of days the fear of posting has subsided. I may not be in a position to post any truly informative information, but with effort on my part that will come i know.

I can only thank all the people on this forum, because in a roundabout way you have helped me over a major hurdle in my life. :-[ and this thread just might be the stepping stone.

Hi.
I've been lurking for a while, since this forum came to life to be exact. It haven't been that I've been afraid of other members opinions about what I write that has been the problem, it's more that I don't feel like I have anything to add or my knowledge base havent been wide enough. However, this has slowly been changing (mostly since I started doing the EE) and I can feel I'm more 'intune' with the whole networking idea now and will contribute wherever I can, being as external considerate as I can. Thanks for the reminder, I think alot of us can use a push :)

Thanks GotoGo, after rereading your post, i had the impression that i had read these lyrics before. I remember now that they are in the start of chapter 12 of the wave book 2, Roses grow best in manure fwiw.

rolyateel said:
Thank you Vulcan for this thread.

Since that time i have started to clean my body eating well, gone through the pantry and thrown away any items of food, jars, tins which i found to contain the food that is harmful, checking on the web and the forum to make sure of the products contents. I have been pretty darn brutal.

It's only in the last couple of days the fear of posting has subsided. I may not be in a position to post any truly informative information, but with effort on my part that will come i know.

I can only thank all the people on this forum, because in a roundabout way you have helped me over a major hurdle in my life. :-[ and this thread just might be the stepping stone.

All I can say is that I know what a rough battle you have been going through. And I deeply congratulate you and your success. :clap: :flowers:

You are now on a better path and you have sent the Universe an important message, or so I think.

I look forward to reading more of your ideas and thoughts as you continue to contribute on the forum. :rockon:

I like this thread. Everyone really does have something to contribute. For me, reading various threads provokes my own internal dialog and sometimes pushes me to reply/post/comment.

Thank you, Vulcan59, for this thread. Makes me reconsider my own lurk behaviour. I still feel I am not adding enough to the group. Most of the time I hesitate to post, because, as somebody already has mentioned, I sometimes feel I cannot add something more to the thread / conversation and am afraid to add only noise. Sometimes when reading an interesting thread, my mind races to find a proper response, only failing utterly because I cannot put my thoughts in words and I give up. Time to put my lurker in his box...

Axis Mundi said:
Hi.
I've been lurking for a while, since this forum came to life to be exact. It haven't been that I've been afraid of other members opinions about what I write that has been the problem, it's more that I don't feel like I have anything to add or my knowledge base havent been wide enough. However, this has slowly been changing (mostly since I started doing the EE) and I can feel I'm more 'intune' with the whole networking idea now and will contribute wherever I can, being as external considerate as I can. Thanks for the reminder, I think alot of us can use a push :)

Hi
I am in the same category as Axis Mundi. I don't feel that I have anything to add and frankly I have been in awe of some of the insights and contributions of the other posters. I also don't want to post for the sake of posting and contribute noise. It does feel as if the pace is picking up now, things are starting to move faster, we have the EE program which seems to be making such a difference. I have determined to push myself and contribute more going forward.

rolyateel wrote:
I have gone 6 weeks without once being drunk, and when social occasion's came around had the strength to stop after one drink. I drank daily and at time's heavily for 23 years Scared

Congratulations!!! :flowers: Unless one has lived emotionally close to addiction it is difficult to understand the horror or the struggle it takes to maintain sobriety. Stay in touch here on the forum and know we support you in "cleaning your machine" in all ways.
shellycheval

Back
Top Bottom