Brazil Elections

Lucas Furtado the attorney general in Brazil requested this Friday to remove President Jair Bolsonaro from the administrative and hierarchical functions of the Ministries of Health, Economy and Civil House, to prevent him from intervening in the management of the coronavirus crisis.

correcting-1:
The current general attorney (prosecutor) is " Augusto Aras ", choosed by Bolsonaro and approved by Congress.
the usual name is PGR -- Prosecutor General of Republic, the only one who can Represent Against Bolsonaro.

Vice-Attorney is a bureaucratic hierarchical position, which only works in the absence of the Attorney General.

( .. bellow, Tribunal is equivalent to Court .. )

correcting-2:
TCU (as Tribunal Accounting of Union) has no jurisdiction over presidential government.
Only STF (as Supreme Tribunal of Federation) can judge and sentence federal politicians,
which include all congressists, the president and its ministery, so called Privileged Forum.

TCU checks accounts, not acting preventively under any circumstances.

Legal Contortionism is currently nothing new here in this country. Its Subversion !

correcting-3:
Don't exists Half-President, so it's no possible "impeach" part of the governance.
Even if STF sentence the president, it must be approved by Congress (senators).
Anyway, the final word about president impeachment is dued by Congress.
(not by TCU, neither by STF, althought they can request to open a process).

correcting-4
you said " it's not a party issue nor an ideology issue " but use party/ideololy biase source of info

I ask if you can share infos or support the mainstream media narratives you like ?

I could perfectly explain what "really" is happening in the government actions and behind the scenes, but given the insistence on favoring globalist left narratives sponsored by Foro de São Paulo I just say ... We'll See!

correcting-1:
The current general attorney (prosecutor) is " Augusto Aras ", choosed by Bolsonaro and approved by Congress.
the usual name is PGR -- Prosecutor General of Republic, the only one who can Represent Against Bolsonaro.

Vice-Attorney is a bureaucratic hierarchical position, which only works in the absence of the Attorney General.

( .. bellow, Tribunal is equivalent to Court .. )

correcting-2:
TCU (as Tribunal Accounting of Union) has no jurisdiction over presidential government.
Only STF (as Supreme Tribunal of Federation) can judge and sentence federal politicians,
which include all congressists, the president and its ministery, so called Privileged Forum.

TCU checks accounts, not acting preventively under any circumstances.

Legal Contortionism is currently nothing new here in this country. Its Subversion !

correcting-3:
Don't exists Half-President, so it's no possible "impeach" part of the governance.
Even if STF sentence the president, it must be approved by Congress (senators).
Anyway, the final word about president impeachment is dued by Congress.
(not by TCU, neither by STF, althought they can request to open a process).

correcting-4
you said " it's not a party issue nor an ideology issue " but use party/ideololy biase source of info

I ask if you can share infos or support the mainstream media narratives you like ?

I could perfectly explain what "really" is happening in the government actions and behind the scenes, but given the insistence on favoring globalist left narratives sponsored by Foro de São Paulo I just say ... We'll See!
Getting impression that Bolsinaro is a good leader, cares about the country and is actually pretty balanced, but under attack of course.

An aside, NGO's try to take over managing resources based on incorrect info. From studies I read, cattle graze start to finish because the land is suited to raising them. Row crops, GMO ?, soy, corn, much of crop, I remember, is shipped out of the country as it is not needed for the Brazilian cattle. Intentional burning is predominantly needed for row crops not cattle. So the vegetarian push against cattle is wrong-headed. From what I read, contrary to headlines, they are not burning the lungs of the earth in Brazil, though I'm open to learning that corruption may favour development and displacement of indigenous tribes. There was a way worse burning in 2014. I don't recall the reason. There is a rhythm to burning as farmers in the east do burn crops at end of season, also. The burning season is a very, very dry part of the year. Rains usually extinguish fire.

What I actually know further about Brazil fits the head of a pin. Just appreciate Border Dog perspective as Bolsinaro seems strong enough to resist the control narrative, for now anyway.

.. under attack of course.

thank you very much, for participating in the discussion with a good eye for the content "infos".

at first, we have another media maneuver orchestrated by the fronts of opposition, which are relatively desperate with the federal money cuts, to which they have become accustomed in previous governments.

at least this journalist (bellow) knows that only Congress supported by the Supreme Court can act against a presidential mandate prerogatives.

------

It is necessary to take the power of Bolsonaro

Jair Bolsonaro's sociopathy infected the National Congress and the Supreme Court.

At this moment, in the midst of a sanitary collapse, it is necessary to form a war cabinet that, in practice, removes the powers of the President of the Republic in the fight against the epidemic.

----

being eloquent does not mean being realistic.

who is the sociopath ?
who is infecting the others ?
who can form a federal war cabinet ?
who is the enemies of that supposed war ?

I'm sorry to that, but many brazilians are not so fools.
Bolsonaro is not Saint (but was the least worst option)

I am not sure what you mean by this Border Dog

I am not sure what you mean by this Border Dog

the quote you did omitted the context focus

correcting-4

BTW, I rephrase the question, to give (again) the benefit of doubt

If one support party/ideology (globalist) biase infos, why this one can say " it's not a party issue nor an ideology issue " ?

----
Notes:

TCU sub-attorney Lucas Rocha Furtado, on first year (2019) of Bolsonaro government "request" to TCU do 45 inspections in the accounts of the presidency and federal autarchies. Of Course, the job of TCU is check "accounts", but in these terms it is pure partisan legal activism, to create confusion and waste of time of Court Accounting

G1 portal, is Big Media, commited with globalism and left-wing activism, which daily publishes biase negative news about current government.
----

I started to post on this thread, because I'm brazilian and I know that Bolsonaro It's not a Hitler.

He is not Saint, but is surely friend of people. If one still have doubts, please watch this yesterday video:

Ok I think I understand what you meant, that because I shared an article where an official was calling for Bolsonaro to be removed from certain functions pertaining the virus in Brazil, that I support the globalist agenda? is that it? because of the link I chose to share here? how does that support the notion of me supporting a globalist agenda? I don't understand.

I don't think anyone here is saying that Bolsonaro is hitler, the very idea of this discussion was to address that very question, and I shared the link to show that there's an effort to oust him from power using the narrative that he's an evil man period. Which is beyond wrong, and then I stated that trying to remove him from power had nothing to do with him being a conservative (i.e. not an ideological victory of left vs. right), it has more to do with him being an inconvenient leader of a decently powerful nation, visible in his stance regarding the virus.

If he was obedient, whether left or right wing, they would leave him alone.

Stating that there's a clear effort to remove him from power, isn't the same as supporting said effort. So I think you're perhaps confusing my describing the situation with my support for it, which isn't the case.

And when I try to clarify this, you answer in evasive ways with subtle accusations that are far removed from what is actually being said. Why?

Lula seems to have won 2022 elections. It looks like "Left" is celebrating as Bolsonaro was compared to Trump and Bolsonaro's coup threat is compared to "fake" coup of last year that was blamed on Trump . Biden, Trudeau etc. congratulated him. Whether this support is for public consumption or some thing else, we will have to see.
With nearly all the ballots counted, official returns gave da Silva, who is a former two-term president, 50.8% of the vote compared to 49.2% for Bolsonaro. Da Silva will be sworn-in for a four-year term on Jan. 1.
His victory will help consolidate a leftward shift in Latin America where, from Mexico to Argentina, the biggest countries are run by leftist presidents.

World leaders were quick to congratulate da Silva on his victory.

"I send my congratulations to Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva on his election to be the next president of Brazil following free, fair, and credible elections," President Biden said in a statement. "I look forward to working together to continue the cooperation between our two countries in the months and years ahead."

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said in a tweet that he anticipated working with the leader on mutual priorities, like protecting the environment.

"The people of Brazil have spoken," Trudeau said.

Lula seems to have won 2022 elections. It looks like "Left" is celebrating as Bolsonaro was compared to Trump and Bolsonaro's coup threat is compared to "fake" coup of last year that was blamed on Trump . Biden, Trudeau etc. congratulated him. Whether this support is for public consumption or some thing else, we will have to see.
Yep,

I saw the writing on the wall years ago, when Lula was left out of jail and everyone thought it would be a return of the Dilma Rousseff days of BRICS and Brazilian sovereignty, not so much.

Lula right now aligns with the left take over, he is simply more attuned to the current global agenda than Bolsonaro was, same thing happened in Colombia where a leftist candidate had never won, ever. And this year we have Gustavo Petro winning the elections.

But we shall see, maybe they're making a mistake? and Brazil will start to regain its sovereignty, and Venezuela won't be as isolated anymore and regional integration can make the region stronger? I suppose it's too early to tell, but I do not allow myself to feel hopeful for a Lula Da Silva victory in Brazil.

This left take over in South America is not the same one that was there when Chavez, Kirchner and Evo Morales were in power, this is designed to look the same, but the goal is entirely different, me thinks.

Lula right now aligns with the left take over, he is simply more attuned to the current global agenda than Bolsonaro was, same thing happened in Colombia where a leftist candidate had never won, ever. And this year we have Gustavo Petro winning the elections.

Yes. Sadly, from what I've heard from him in the past few years, Lula seems to have steered further into the left-woke-globalist agenda. Some of it is probably meant to please his left-wing voters, but it is difficult to know what the man truly thinks.

After listening to him speak over the years, I began to think of him as a spellbinder. He reverses his opinions and twists facts according to the audience (you know, lying); he is really able to control the attention of the public; he is skilled at innocuous answers and redirecting any discussion in his favor; he seems incapable of any mea culpa related to the crimes of the party he leads (which are very much real, for example, retirees from the largest public pension funds in the country have ~30% deductions to compensate for the amounts lost due to corruption during his and Dilma's governments). These are just some examples that came to mind, the point being that I no longer find it unreasonable to think that he has psychopath-ish traits.

Among the multiple factors that contributed to people voting for Lula despite the massive rejection of his party, such as the mainstream media mostly supporting him against Bolsonaro, and all presidential candidates of any relevance supporting him for the 2nd round, it was brought to my attention that Bolsonaro himself is rejected by many, particularly among the youth, because of his stance regarding covid.

Indeed, I don't know what made Bolsonaro see through the sham of coronapocalypse, but he was the sole voice of reason among the political class in Brazil during covid. For all the talk of him being a Hitler from the tropics, fascist etc, he was the one constantly defending freedom while people were being locked up and businesses going under. Lula, on the other hand, was very much into the fear mongering and has repeatedly asserted Bolsonaro's stance as genocidal.

As you can see from the numbers in the previous post, the population is very much divided. Lula won by a narrow margin and congress and state governorship have record number of conservative politicians. Curiously, Lula won even in some states that elected pro-Bolsonaro governors, kind of fishy, I think. Which brings us to the possibility of fraud in the electronic voting system, but that will remain to be seen whether a conservative opposition will be able to bring anything to light.

In sum, I venture to guess that the years ahead are likely to be tumultuous, particularly if fraud allegations are brought forth, not unlike what happened in the US and also here after Dilma got reelected in 2014, which eventually led to her impeachment in 2016. And in the case of a new round of covid we are likely to fare much worse with the federal government fully onboard with the lunacy.

There is speculation on social media the election was rigged. I have yet to find anything solid to back up this claim, but it wouldn't be a surprise considering the nature of elections these days.

Have any Brazilian members (or anybody else) seen reports pointing to election fraud? Something similar to what happened in the last US election?

There is speculation on social media the election was rigged. I have yet to find anything solid to back up this claim, but it wouldn't be a surprise considering the nature of elections these days.

Have any Brazilian members (or anybody else) seen reports pointing to election fraud? Something similar to what happened in the last US election?

There were a few articles about it during the first round of the elections on Sott:

Brazil election result 'surprises' globalist media, but is foul play afoot against Bolsonaro?

Bolsonaro shows huge early lead, but sees it disappear as statistically impossible one-way vote dumps put Lula ahead

Back
Top Bottom