Bridgend, South Wales - High Strangeness

Here's a little more I found after researching the paranormal history of Bridgend. These excerpts are from the book Folk-lore and folk-stories of Wales by Marie Trevelyan.

This part has to do with "corpse-candles". Apparently these are lights that were known to hover over or near a place where a person was soon expected to die.

[quote author=p179]Colliers in various parts of Wales even in the present day believe in corpse-candles, and amongst the aged of that class the story about St. David and his omen was formerly prevalent. Before one of the great explosions at Llandbradach people declared corpse-candles without number were seen hovering around the mouth of the pit. At Glyncorrwg, near Bridgend, Glamorgan, "hundreds" were seen before an explosion. At the mouth of the Ogmore River two lights were seen hovering for many weeks along the sands. Later on two brothers, who attempted to cross at low tide, were drowned.

Many people attempt to account for the phenomena by saying that the corpse-candle is the product of noxious gasses, and the vapour of swampy places, where the mysterious lights are known as jack-o'-lantern, or will-o'-the-wisp. A disinct difference is made between the later and the corpse-candle, which is often seen in the house and sometimes in the room...[/quote]

This part has to do with the stories about the "devil on the Crack", as it's called:

[quote author=p162-164]Crack Hill, on the high-road leading from Bridgend to Cowbridge. Glamorgan, is credited with peculiar and uncanny associations. An aged Welshman related his personal experiences, and he was a native of the district. The second narrative was proffered by an Englishman, a stranger to the neighbourhood, and he did not know anything about the story told by the Welshman. The former told me he wen to Bridgend for some goods which could not be obtained on that day, and he had to come home without them. He assured me that he did not indulge in "pipe and pot," and he was perfectly cheerful when leaving Bridgend in the late autumn twilight. He walked briskly until he reached the foot of the Crack, and then began the ascent. As he went upward he found walking unusually heavy work. Yet the road was dry and hard, and particularly agreeable for walking. He thereform thought that either he was more tired than usual or lazy; so he tried to adopt a better place, but could not. To make matters worse, night was approaching. When half-way up the hill something, he knew not what, seemed to spring upon his back, and afterwards pressed heavily between his shoulders. In the starlight he looked over his right shoulder, and saw a shape clinging closely to him. Being a strong man, he promptly endeavoured to shake it off, but it pressed heavier than ever. He felt a great difficulty in proceeding on his journey, and the effort brought a "heavy sweat" to his forehead and face. When just at the top of the hill he groaned with agony, and so great was his distress that he cried aloud: "O Lord, I pray Thee, deliver me of this burden!" While uttering these words he crossed his arms upon his breast. Instantly he was relieved of his load. Turning round to see if anybody had been playing a practical joke on him, he saw in the starlight a huge shape, which looked like a "great bundle" or a "fat, short man" enveloped in a dark wrap. The shape rolled rapidly down, and fell into a disused quarry at the foot of the hill. Immediately afterwards the sound of a loud explosion was heard, and from the depths of the quarry sparks of the fire shot up and were scattered across the road. He hastened home, and when he related his experiences to an aged neighbour, the latter said he remembered his father telling a similar story of the "devil on the Crack."

The second version of this story was told by a civil engineer, who had never heard the above narrative. He said he had engaged a horse and trap at a Bridgend hotel to convey him to Cowbridge, when the Taff Vale Railway extension was being made into a last-named town. Unaccompanied, he started rather late in the evening, and it was quite dark when he reached the food of the Crack Hill. The sky was obscured, but occasionally the moon shone through cloud-rifts. The carriage-lamps were lighted, and he was in a very cheerful state of mind. Soon after beginning the ascent the horse became very restless, and snorted vigorously from time to time. By-and-by somebody or something appeared to be thrown into the back of the trap. Thinking it to be an intrusive traveler, he called out, but there was no response. He whipped his horse, but the animal was hardly able to struggle upward, and toiled as if under a very heavy weight. Nearing the top of the hill, the horse made a desperate effort, and then stood still. The civil engineer descended from his seat and to his amazement, he found the horse quivering, as if panic-stricken. Looking down the hill, he saw in the fitful moonlight a monstrous bundle rolling downhill where it fell into the quarry. It was followed by a loud explosion and sparks that were scattered across the road. The civil engineer had never heard the old story, and was much interested when, in 1896, I related the Welshman's account of his experiences with the "devil on the Crack."[/quote]

There might be more interesting anecdotes from the book, this is just a couple parts I could gleam from the google preview.

Nice find, RyanX.

I just finished reading "The Mothman Prophecies".

The thing which struck me early in that book was the description of how the whole region wherein the key activity took place had been historically avoided by the native peoples. (Despite the rest of the surrounding lands being heavily populated).

Also. . , according to the documentary, "Crop Circles, Quest for Truth" crop circles in England show a strong tendency to appear over specific types of geological region which featured deep ground water.

I wonder what Bridgend's geology is like; if there was something about it which made it suitable or more likely to play host to "window-fallers".

I've recently looked through the records at this site -

http://www.paranormaldatabase.com/wales/waledata.php

and found the following historical records from the Bridgend and surrounding area. As there are over 450 such records for Wales whether the Bridgend ones represent any type of cluster or concentration for anomalous activity I wouldn't like to say. I may have missed a few as I'm obviously not familiar with all the names of the hamlets and villages throughout Wales! The records that really got my attention were those of the white hyena from 2005 and that of wolves from the 1990s onwards. (dimentional window fallers?)

Blue Lady

Type: Haunting Manifestation
Date / Time: Unknown
Further Comments: This castle was formally the haunt of a blue lady and a ship wrecker. The latter ghost is said to appear on the anniversary of his death (which is not known), walking the coastline, shouting and screaming.

Gold Guard

Further Comments: Protecting hidden treasure, this shade once attacked a man who tried to take all the gold - he died soon after of a wasting disease. It is not known whether the spectral woman who has also been seen here is the same ghost.

Organ Music

Date / Time: 1980s
Further Comments: Organ music and strange disembodied voices could be heard in this building, and were recorded by investigators.

Fat Man Rolling

Further Comments: The strange sight of a short tubby man rolling down the hill only to vanish into a quarry has been reported here.

Screaming

Type: Shuck
Date / Time: August, first Monday of the month (reoccurring)
Further Comments: Cries and screams can be heard from a man who was torn into small pieces by hell hounds once a year.

White Lady

Location: Ewenny - Areas known as White Lady’s meadow and White Lady’s Lane
Further Comments: Little is known about this phantom woman, other than her presence has been known about for many years

Blue Boy

Further Comments: This ghostly young child dressed in blue clothing has been observed moving through the ruins of the priory. The area is also home to a phantom monk.

Lady in Black

Location: Glyncorrwg - Bakery, village church and surrounding area
Date / Time: 1933 (Bakery) and 1900s (general area)
Further Comments: A baker quit his job after encountering an elderly lady dressed in black. The woman drifted into the bakery, and stared at the baker before vanishing. At the time of the 1933 sighting, older members of the community recalled that the woman in black had been seen thirty years previous around the church and within the village itself.

Bomber

Date / Time: 18 August 2009
Further Comments: A father and his young son were walking along the misty runway at this disused airfield. They paused to drink tea, and noticed that there was a red flashing light on the control tower, just visible through the mist. The wind suddenly picked up, and as the mist cleared they both spotted the silhouette of a four engine Second World War bomber, moving silently, banking over the airfield.

Dark Man

Date / Time: 1980s
Further Comments: This shadowy figure with black hair has been observed by the fireplace. He is blamed whenever items mysteriously vanish.

Murdered Landlady

Date / Time: Twentieth century
Further Comments: Thought to have been murdered by her husband in Room 5, which is always said to be cold, a female form has been seen lurking downstairs. It may be the same entity responsible for the whistling that occurs after hours.

Fairy Tree

Type: Fairy
Date / Time: Nineteenth century
Further Comments: A knarred and knotted tree was thought to be home to a group of fairies from Ireland, and ill luck fell upon anyone who picked up deadwood from under it.

White Hyena

Type: ABC
Date / Time: December 2005
Further Comments: After receiving reports of a large cat, police officers called to the golf range observed a strange creature, a third bigger than an Alsatian and white in colour. One witness said the front legs were bigger than the hind legs and the creature had a long tail which reached the ground.

Robert Scott

Further Comments: Former gamekeeper Scott is thought to have been murdered by a poacher, and has seen been observed on the staircase in the hall. Disembodied laughter has also been reported, as have the fleeting glimpses of Victorian children. The nearby ruins of Margam abbey are haunted by a monk.

Monk

Further Comments: This otherworldly man of the cloth has been reported around the ruins of the Cistercian abbey.

Wolves

Type: Cryptozoology
Date / Time: 1990 onwards
Further Comments: A local has claimed that several people in the area have spotted wolves stalking the forest. There is an unsubstantiated report that a boy disappeared in the woodland and was eventually found torn apart.

Elizabeth Williams

Further Comments: Forbidden to marry the man she loved, Miss Williams slowly pinned away in the building - her shade can sometimes be seen staring out a window, gently crying. Phantom monks have also been reported onsite.

Captain of the Le Vainqueur

Further Comments: The captain's body was washed up ashore here after the ship was torn apart on the rocks nearby - his shade is reported to take the form of a corpse candle, while the boat manifests in full form.

This seemingly never ending tragic human saga continues -

Found hanged on mum’s birthday

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/bridgend/2011/03/31/found-hanged-on-mum-s-birthday-91466-28432627/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then there was this recent vicious attack on the sister of one of the teenagers who committed suicide in 2008 -

Police fail to take statement of girl beaten by bullies for three months

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/bridgend/2011/03/25/police-fail-to-take-statement-of-girl-beaten-by-bullies-for-three-months-91466-28401120/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to add to the data in this thread some weird stuff from 2009 -

Cat deaths a mystery

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/south-wales-news/bridgend-maesteg/2009/07/30/cat-deaths-a-mystery-91466-24269571/

Some more bizarre Bridgend news

Yobs kicked lamb to death

POLICE are looking for a gang of youths who killed a lamb in a senseless act of cruelty.

David Williams, who owns livestock at a farm near Ynysawdre and Archbishop McGrath comprehensive schools in Tondu, was sickened when he found a five-week old black Balwen lamb had been beaten with a bar and kicked to death.

Mr Williams and his wife Claire, of Glynogwr, were alerted to the incident by a member of the public who witnessed three youths attacking the defenceless animal during the evening of Saturday, May 21.

Mr Williams said: “My wife and I were very upset. I don’t like to see cruelty to any animal.

“I don’t know why anyone of any age would want to kick a lamb to death.

“It’s been difficult trying to explain to our five-year-old daughter what has happened.”

In addition to the dead lamb, Mr Williams also discovered a seemingly healthy adult sheep had also died the following day.

_http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/bridgend/2011/05/26/yobs-kicked-lamb-to-death-91466-28764354/

Just thought I'd also mention this tragedy that occurred in nearby Neath Port Talbot county last month -

Briton Ferry train death teenager named as Gabby Joseph

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2011/04/27/teenager-gabby-joseph-died-underneath-train-at-briton-ferry-91466-28592357/

Another strange one from Bridgend county -

Better call the fire baa-gade: Sheep stuck on roof of house is rescued by firefighters

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2003556/Sheep-stranded-roof-Wales-rescued-firemen.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just over the county boundary last month -

Teen shot himself at home

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/south-wales-news/pontypridd-llantrisant/2011/05/12/teen-shot-himself-at-home-91466-28669377

Schoolgirl 'murdered by ex-boyfriend over free breakfast bet' Read more: http:/

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A schoolboy murdered a former girlfriend after he was promised a free breakfast if he carried out the killing, a jury heard today

http://www.mirror.co.uk/2011/06/22/schoolgirl-murdered-by-ex-boyfriend-over-free-breakfast-bet-115875-23219453/

Rebecca Aylward, 15, of Maesteg, near Bridgend, south Wales, was battered to death within weeks of the chilling bet with a friend.

Her alleged killer, 16, lured her to a secluded wood near Bridgend where he smashed her head with a rock, the court heard. To divert suspicion from himself, he had previously told her to let it be known she was meeting someone else.

He added: "The question for you is who did it?

"The prosecution say that there is absolutely no doubt that he did it."

The teenager denies a single charge of murder on October 23 last year.

Mr Taylor said the teenagers had briefly been in a relationship about a year before the murder and had kept in touch.

The defendant used to meet every Saturday at a local cafe in the area with teenage friends where they had breakfast together.

At one such meeting he openly discussed killing the girl, his friends assuming he was joking.

They later told police he had a reputation for saying he was going to do things he never subsequently did.

But in a later text to one friend he asks: "What would you do if I actually did kill her?"

The friend replies: "Oh, I would buy you breakfast."

Mr Taylor said: "It is difficult to know, isn't it, if someone could be serious about something like that."

But the subject of the murder became a regular text topic between the friends.

Two days before the killing the defendant contacted his friend to confirm he would attend their breakfast date.

He adds: "Don't say anything but you may just owe me a breakfast."

The friend replies: "Best text I have ever had mate. Seriously, if it is true I am happy to pay for a breakfast."

The defendant adds: "I hope by then it will be done and dusted."

The friend replies: "I want all the details. You sadistic bastard." The text finished with a smiley face symbol.

The teenager adds: "Large breakfast with extras of everything."

His friend replies: "Sick, sick boy."

Mr Taylor outlined the events which he said led to the murder.

He said Rebecca met the defendant in Aberkenfig on the day of her death. He said the boy came directly from friends he had breakfasted with.

He led her into a densely wooded area in the town while still keeping in touch by text with his friends, Mr Taylor said.

When they asked him whether he was with her he texted back asking "define with", the court heard.

Mr Taylor said the defendant later called the friends to join him in the forest but only his best friend continued to the murder scene.

He would later tell police in an interview how shocked he was to discover the girl's dead body.

He said the defendant had asked: "Do you know how hard it is to break someone's neck? I tried and it is hard work."

Later the defendant is said to have explained to two friends: "She was facing away from me and I thought I would go for it. She would not stop screaming and I picked up a rock.

"The worst part of it was feeling her skull give way."

The teenager is then alleged to have told both his friends to delete all of their text messages and that he would delete his.

He allegedly explained that nobody would know he had been with Rebecca because he had told her to tell her mother she was meeting someone else.

Later the boys were to discuss on Facebook the fact that the schoolgirl was now missing and express sadness.

The court heard the defendant had later changed his Facebook profile to say that he was with two named friends and about to watch a film on TV.

"As if to say 'nothing special has happened today and here I am this evening watching the television with friends'," Mr Taylor said.

He said police were alerted to where the Rebecca's body was when the parents of one of the teenagers called them after he broke down at home.

Police tracker dogs located the body and quickly singled out a rock as being the murder weapon.

Forensic testing established it had hundreds of fibres from Rebecca's coat on it and also fibres from the defendant's jacket.

A post-mortem examination of the victim's body showed she had died from blunt injuries to the head which had broken the base of her skull in four places.

"In short, she had had her head smashed in," Mr Taylor told the jury.

The trial, which is scheduled to run for up to five weeks, was adjourned until tomorrow.

But she failed to follow his directions and told her mother the name of the person she was meeting, the jury heard.

Greg Taylor QC began today by handing the Swansea Crown Court jury a list of terms used in texting and on MSN and Facebook.

Evidence from all those sources will play a key role in the prosecution case of what he called a "teenage murder".

"There is no doubt that Rebecca Aylward was murdered," he said.

"She was hit a number of times to her head with a rock in a forest at Aberkenfig.

"It was raining and she was left for dead lying face down on the wet forest floor in new clothes that had been bought for her the day before.

"The prosecution say that the boy who sits before you here committed this murder.

"The defence say that he had nothing to do with it and that Rebecca was killed by his best friend."

Away With The Fairys said:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A schoolboy murdered a former girlfriend after he was promised a free breakfast if he carried out the killing, a jury heard today

[. . .]

Ugh.

:shock:

They're apparently handing out human bodies out to 'souls' which don't sound as though they have completed the required course material to have graduated up from "Fish" or perhaps "Small Mammal".

Hope this is not noise - I thought better to post it than let it slip by unnoticed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pupils as young as seven being excluded over school violence

CHILDREN as young as seven have been excluded from schools in Bridgend county borough for violence.

Shocking results obtained by the Glamorgan Gazette under the Freedom of Information Act reveal three Year Two pupils from Ysgol Cynwyd Sant, in Maesteg, Ysgol Bro Ogwr, in Brackla, and Pencoed Infants have been excluded from school over the past three years.

The reasons were for assault or violence to a fellow pupil, or for threatening or dangerous behaviour. Ogmore Vale Primary School also excluded a Year Six pupil for violence or assault of a member of staff and this was also the reason for the exclusions of two pupils in Years Nine and 11 at Porthcawl Comprehensive School. Violence includes verbal attacks.

Pencoed Comprehensive School has excluded a Year 10 student for assaulting or being violent to another pupil and two year nine pupils for sexual harassment and possession of a weapon.

The figures show Bryntirion Comprehensive School excluded two pupils, in Years Nine and 11 for threatening or dangerous behaviour and Maesteg Comprehensive School excluded a Year 10 student for the same reason.

Other exclusions at schools in the borough include Year 11 pupils at Maesteg Comprehensive and Ogmore Comprehensive schools for defiance of discipline policy, a Year 11 pupil at Archbishop McGrath Catholic School for theft and a Year Seven pupil at Cynffig Comprehensive School for bullying.

Bridgend County Borough Council’s cabinet member for Children and Young People, Coun Alana Davies is also a former chair of governors at Porthcawl primary and comprehensive schools.

Coun Davies said: “It’s really important that all our pupils at staff feel safe in our schools and any forms of violence should be dealt with strictly. Exclusions are always used as a last resort to send out the message that violence will not be tolerated.”

A BCBC spokesman said: “All schools have their own policies governing acceptable levels of pupil behaviour, and Bridgend County Borough Council provides advice and guidance based on information supplied by the Welsh Government.”

_http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/bridgend/2011/06/23/pupils-as-young-as-seven-being-excluded-over-school-violence-91466-28925589/#ixzz1QCmcsGFw

I'm sure this isn't helping the psychological stability of kids in Bridgend!

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/231060-Council-spends-100-000-on-McPath-to-help-Bridgend-pupils-get-safely-from-school-to-the-nearest-McDonald-s

Council spends £100,000 on 'McPath' to help Bridgend pupils get safely from school to the nearest McDonald's

It's unlikely to impress Jamie Oliver. Far from discouraging pupils from a junk food diet, a council is making it even easier to indulge - by spending £100,000 on a footpath from their school gate to McDonald's.

Every lunchtime 200 pupils shun school meals to walk along the grass verge of a busy road to the burger bar.

A footpath, already being nicknamed the 'McPath', is being built to make the half-mile walk safer - and the school's head and governors are supporting it.

Another peculiar story from Bridgend? Anyway a horrible thing to do to a pet irrespective of where it happened.

Ogmore illegal shock collar dog owner gets £2,000 fine

A dog owner has been fined £2,000 after becoming the first to be prosecuted in Britain for using an illegal electric shock collar.

Wales banned the devices last year. Phillip Pook, 48, from Ogmore-by-Sea, Vale of Glamorgan, admitted using the collar, to stop his border collie jumping over a wall.

But he had denied he had been warned the collar was illegal.

It was discovered on his dog, found roaming on a beach in December 2010.

Pook was also ordered to pay £1,000 in costs, when he was sentenced.

He used the collar to try to stop the collie jumping over a high wall surrounding his property, Bridgend magistrates heard.

The court was told the collar emitted its electric shock when the dog wearing it went near a specific fence.

They also heard that the dog, which kept escaping, was known at a local kennels as "the dog with the shock collar".

Prosecutor David Prosser said: "This is the first prosecution under the regulations for this type of collar.

"It operates like an electric fence, and if the dog approaches the boundaries or tries to escape it sends a shock to the dog.

"He didn't accept that it was illegal because it's legal in England. But this is the law as far as Wales is concerned."

The prosecution told magistrates that Mr Pook had been warned in April 2010 that these sorts of collars were illegal in Wales, although they are allowed in England.

Mr Pook bought the collar online six months before the ban came into effect.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-14181927

Behind the eyes of a teenage killer: Joshua Davies shows 'signs of being a psychopath'

* by Robin Turner, Wales On Sunday
* Jul 31 2011

A LEADING criminologist says teenage killer Joshua Davies may have battered 15-year-old Rebecca Aylward to death because he “did not want to lose face”.

And David Wilson, professor of criminology and director of the Centre for Applied Criminology at Birmingham City University, says 16-year-old Davies has shown at least some signs of being a psychopath.

Davies was found guilty at Swansea Crown Court on Wednesday of luring popular “Becca”, of Maesteg, to woods near his home in Aberkenfig.

The trial judge Mr Justice Lloyd Jones decided to lift Davies’ anonymity as a juvenile because of the seriousness of what he did and because of the “deterrent effect”.

For months, Davies launched a verbal and internet hate campaign against his former girlfriend Rebecca.

He told friends he was going to poison her, push her over a quarry or push her into a river.

The threats were so numerous one friend infamously “bet” him a free breakfast he would carry out the crime.

He hit her at least six times over the head with a rock and left her lying face down on the rain-sodden forest floor, wearing the new clothes she had bought for their date.

Later, he summoned a friend back to view the body and after Rebecca’s panicking family reported her missing, he used Facebook to feign concern.

In one exchange he wrote: “I feel sorry for her mother.”

When asked why, he replied: “Well if I was a parent I’d be worried if my daughter was missing.”

At his five-week trial he denied murder, coolly claiming the friend who viewed the body was the real killer, not him.

But the jury came back with a 10-2 majority verdict and the length of time he must spend behind bars will be determined in September, after the trial judge has viewed a psychiatric report.

Speaking to Wales on Sunday, former prison governor-turned-criminologist Professor Wilson said the motive for Rebecca’s brutal murder was so puzzling he said it was possible Davies might have killed her so as not to lose face.

He said: “He made so many threats on instant messaging, by text and to his peer group, in the end it may have been difficult for him to walk away from.

“It could have been simply a case of him not wanting to lose face, to show he would do what he said he was going to do.”

Professor Wilson added that despite his young age, some of Davies’ actions were those of a psychopath.

He said: “Quite clearly the callousness of what he did and the lack of empathy he showed for his young victim were some of the hallmarks of psychopathic behaviour.

“He even called a friend to look at the body.

“He also displayed what we call Shallow Affect, this is where a person pretends to show emotion where he or she thinks it would be appropriate but the emotion is not genuine.

“I understand the defendant used the internet to show some sympathy with the victim’s mother, probably because he thought that would be appropriate.

“No doubt he will now undergo tests including one to determine psychopathy and this involves around 20 questions.

“It remains to be seen what the outcome of that test will be.”

Prior to taking up an academic appointment in 1997, Professor Wilson was a prison governor and, at 29, became the youngest governor in England.

He worked at Grendon, Wormwood Scrubs and at Woodhill in Milton Keynes – where he designed and ran the two units for the 12 most violent prisoners in the country, which brought him into contact with virtually every recent serial killer.

He said: “What has happened here is terrible but I have yet to meet anyone I consider to have been ‘born evil’.

“When a child behaves like this there is usually something which has happened to make it happen.

“This boy acted beyond the moral universe which had no doubt been created by his parents.

“It is sometimes difficult to ascertain exactly what that is.”

In Aberkenfig on Friday people were still trying to come to terms with the news the teenage killer was from the 2,000-strong village.

Life went on as normal in Aberkenfig’s main street, the meandering Bridgend Road, packed with Chinese takeaways, busy little shops and traditional pubs like the Golden Lion and the Colliers Arms and cafes like Caterina’s.

But the murder of Rebecca Aylward in forestry just a few hundred yards away was a major topic of conversation.

Many people did not want to give their name citing the small population of Aberkenfig and saying “we don’t want to upset anyone”.

One woman in her 60s, who has lived in Aberkenfig all her life, said: “What we find hard to understand is why this boy would do something like that.

“It is not only this poor girl who has lost her life, the boy’s life will be ruined too.

“While your heart goes out to the family of that little girl you have to think too of the boy’s family.

“They must have been in shock when this happened as much as the girl’s family.”

A man on his way to the Golden Lion said: “I’m glad there’s been a conviction now the family can have some kind of closure and try, if they can, to put their lives back together.”

Father John Meredith, Parish priest for Our Lady and St Patricks Catholic Church, Maesteg, said: “Rebecca’s death has left our entire community profoundly shocked and saddened.

“We miss her every day.”

_http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/bridgend/2011/07/31/behind-the-eyes-of-a-teenage-killer-joshua-davies-shows-signs-of-psychopath-91466-29149639/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's amazing that some professionals dealing with issues of psychopathy still find it hard to accept that are beings who simply are 'bad seeds' and will take a stab at any old stale explanation- usually bad upbringing - to avoid the harsh reality that there are indeed people born without a conscience. It seems to be to horrorifying a step for them to take.

Another sad chapter -

Friends leave tributes to youngster found hanged

by Carys Hepworth, South Wales Echo
Aug 3 2011

TRIBUTES have been paid to a 19-year-old found dead in Bridgend.

Police said there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death of Rhodri Prosser, pictured right, from Brackla, and an inquest is expected to open over the next few days.

It is believed Rhodri, a former Brynteg Comprehensive pupil who worked at Lloyds TSB, was found hanged in his Maes Talcen home on Thursday, July 28.

A Facebook tribute page, RIP Rhodri Prosser, was set up in memory of Rhodri and by Tuesday around 1,400 people had joined, many leaving tributes.

Becky Baker wrote: “Gonna be missed by loads of people rhodri, a truly lovely boy you will be sadly missed, sleep tight.”

Sian Stephens wrote: “Hope you’re happier where you are, and my deepest sympathy is with your closest friends and family. Cysga mewn heddwch.”

Jade Bicks wrote: “Won’t ever forget your massive smile that appeared when you hit the town.

“Will miss the massive hug you always gave me every time you saw me.

“You’re a darling of a boy Rhod, made so many people smile, giving you all my love up there, stay the character you always were and party hard behind those heaven gates.

“You’ll always be in all our hearts, sleep tight lovely boy.”

_http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/bridgend/2011/08/03/friends-leave-tributes-to-youngster-found-hanged-91466-29167289/

Back
Top Bottom