Caricature of Love

Approaching Infinity said:
Laura said:
I did some research and discovered that Caricature of Love is in the public domain. It was published before 1963 and the copyright was not renewed. So there shouldn't be any problem with posting links to the pdf in the main forum.

And no reason we can't print them either...

Yup!

Since we now know that the book is in the public domain, I have split off the posts discussing it from the original, personal and private discussion board and moved it to the public forum.

Just so everyone knows, RPP's edition of Caricature of Love is now available here. In the coming weeks it will be available from the UK, Australia, and US sites/stores as well.

Just so everyone knows, RPP's edition of Caricature of Love is now available here. In the coming weeks it will be available from the UK, Australia, and US sites/stores as well.

Great!

The image is too large somehow, when clicking on the cover on the rpp site!

Thank you AI!

I finished reading Caricature of Love last night and wanted first of all give a great thanks for recommending and sharing it. Indeed a very important piece of the puzzle that highlights with practical examples what was put forward in Ponerology.

Reading the book reconfirmed (en enforced further) how much I am ponerized. Looking at my behavior towards women and my wife in particular I know more and more how pathological and how influenced I am.

The effect that others described of it being a hard read with sometimes physical symptoms, I do not share. I rather felt gratitude for the fact that an important piece of the puzzle was revealed. Or is there something else at work? Maybe I remain too ponerized (indifferent) to really care or to really do something about it. This I have with many of the recommended books. I am glad to know, but the knowledge is slow to materialize in deeds. Writing this makes my stomach ache, I shake in the fingers and battle with the voice to delete and move on: to the next book, which will remain not so threatening as long as it remains only read. and not applied.

Dostojevski has been for many decades my favorite writer. I even called my first son after him. I liked the darkness in his works. ´I am a sick man´ is how he opens `Notes of the underground´ and I shared the sense of proud resounding in that statement. For many years I did write quiet a few novels and stories myself, and they all were drenched in darkness, the vile and violent, the anti sexuality and the contempt for women. The characters show all the signs Chekley describes. Women were always evil vampiristic creatures. Sex was always violent and destructive. I stopped writing two years ago, not so much because I did not want to write anymore, but because I could not get published. If I had been published I would not be here on this forum, I would have been lost. Reading Chekley I realize I should not write, until I can experience what love and human relationships really are.

The last chapters made me realize that I should not drop hope. Thinking back at what I wrote in my stories (and what the publisher felt disturbing and confusing) was some small light that did not want to go out. I felt this almost extinguished fire last night while doing POTS after finishing the book. There is something in me that does not want to give up the last remains of my humanity. It fights back and refuses to be drowned. Only honesty can keep it alive. Only confronting and revealing the dark forces threatening it can help it. This is how I understand what Chekley describes as the undefined. He quotes a poem of Edna St Vincent Millay on page 310 which ends with the lines: ´I know now how such things can be – I breathed my soul back into me´.

I am a sick man, this world ruled by psychopaths has made me sick. The diet, the detox, the supplements, the knowledge, the EE, thank you thank you so much for giving the tools and fuel to keep the flame inside alive.

Thank you, JFK, for such eloquent sharing. I think that many will relate to what you have written and hopefully, it will encourage more people to read this truly insightful book.

Jeremy F Kreuz said:
I am a sick man, this world ruled by psychopaths has made me sick. The diet, the detox, the supplements, the knowledge, the EE, thank you thank you so much for giving the tools and fuel to keep the flame inside alive.

Yes, I can relate to that word for word. Thank you for sharing your experiences, Jeremy.

Thank you Jeremy F. Kretuz for your words. Having attempted to read this online i failed to be complete with its message. The book arrived for me to pick up tomorrow and will give its due. What you said to end, "...thank you for giving the tools and fuel to keep the flame inside alive.", is a wonderful way of pointing out the tools and fuel of this network - thank you again! :)

[quote author=Jeremy F Kreuz ]

[...]The last chapters made me realize that I should not drop hope. Thinking back at what I wrote in my stories (and what the publisher felt disturbing and confusing) was some small light that did not want to go out. I felt this almost extinguished fire last night while doing POTS after finishing the book. There is something in me that does not want to give up the last remains of my humanity. It fights back and refuses to be drowned. Only honesty can keep it alive. Only confronting and revealing the dark forces threatening it can help it. This is how I understand what Chekley describes as the undefined. He quotes a poem of Edna St Vincent Millay on page 310 which ends with the lines: ´I know now how such things can be – I breathed my soul back into me´.

[/quote]

Reactions: ryu
Have needed some time to reflect on this e-pdf-book and at first fumbled with post noise of what little I’d read and somewhere within there was resistance undoubtedly. Once the physical book was in hand however, read this very slowly, often rereading paragraphs not twice but three times even; this book seemed to be aimed at other trained physicians. As such, it is rather suspected that this book of Cleckley’s was not in its day rising the charts of readership, even amongst his colleagues there must have been great resistance having themselves been indoctrinated by others in the past who seemed such authoritarians, who presented things as matter of fact. How many of his colleagues even had this book, who knows, some obviously would have appreciated it for its honesty, others perhaps stuffed it between dusty books never to really read the words offered. Cleckley however, seems to have deeply studied the words or persons of history and letters very well and looked to the fruits of their existences and hidden nuances that many others just held as wonderment's, sages for all to know and faun over. Yet, their very actions in life and words leaked out for a few to notice. Nonetheless, it also seems that in life, as a defining aspect, it is the covert sexual side, or hate of that side, or hate of the other sex that often, for some it seems, is at such odds with their family life, religion, academic or business station, including sides of creativity and intellect that it is not a recognizable trait or dismissed if noticed as nothing at all, swept under the rug - it is just normal.

In reading this, there were times when what was been discussed was so dark that it seemed just so unbelievable, wanted to shout out emotional metaphors of every description at those who do unto others as described. Other times, could see the rippling causes from deep childhood wounds and just plain ignorance of who they were and what constituted normal. And that is the scary thing after all; I don’t think many in society understand that normal is slowly slipping away and are increasingly accepting of things never once imagined, osis. In reading this, even my own recognition of ignorance came to bear and that was even sadder to understand that thinking can be so easily stained.

In the end, one may become aware of the deep ponerizing nature of a few who seem to steer the ships of many. Cleckley on the other hand sees this, imo, not by that name, but for that very nature. His reasoning, his objective studies, his just darn common sense offers the reader very important lessons in societal measures. What of those measures though, Cleckley seems to realizes that there is no theoretical measure really, what one person says another will counter, calling them repressed themselves for having a stance. There seems two things of import to recognize, not a magic pill or label, one is illness and the second is common sense, the latter, all around being in very short supply these days.

This book was indeed insightful and necessary – thanks.

I am reading chapter 22 and I am really saddened... the things said, so true. I see more and more clearly how deep of a swamp of filth humankind is in. How lonely each person on this planet is due to the ponerologic programing, and will keep on being lonely because this theme is not of easy discussion.
The pathologicals succeded in keeping the sexes hating and afraid of each other.

I will keep on reading, and will post my thoughts as I finish. But one I can right now... the corruption of thinking done by the insane intelectual writings of a handfull of pathologicals is DEEPLY pervasive, and right now I dont see much hope to undo the damage in a large scale ( humankind ).

Reactions: ryu
Hi,

I am reading the book (still, on and off), have not finished yet although I started it a few months ago, it's kind of hard because English is not my mother language and its a very elaborated book, not an easy book to read but then again the processes of the *decadency* of love (ponerologic processes as some of you mention) have been very insidious and almost *invisible*, so obviously from what I have read the author took all his kind effort and knowledge to explain what was (is) going on. Thank you very much Laura for sharing this book with us.

This ever-reinforced & pronounced realisation, of how psychopathy & ponerologic programming has affected, infected & injected pathology onto society in all areas, has well & truly increased my desire to read this book to its entirety. I feel terribly sorry for men & women alike caught up in this sordid cycle, notwithstanding myself.
It seems it'd be a good parallel to Political Ponerology.

Short of money right now to purchase from RPP.com, are they shipped from Canada?
I can't seem to find it on the UK RPP. Thanks for publishing it & for all the reviews - my hope is to get it within the next week.

SMM said:
Short of money right now to purchase from RPP.com, are they shipped from Canada?
I can't seem to find it on the UK RPP. Thanks for publishing it & for all the reviews - my hope is to get it within the next week.

Yep, it's shipped from Canada.

SMM said:

Yep, it's shipped from Canada.

Thanks AI. I'm going to have to be patient with this then.

Back
Top Bottom