Cayce on Armageddon

Redrock12 said:
Freelancer, perhaps I'm not comprehending, but how do you determine that Cayce was not a wanderer from your Cs quotation? Imho, if Cayce was a very good channel for higher sources that would be a strong indicator of a wanderer.

The C's mentioned a set of unusual chemical circumstances within Cayce's body.
My guess is, if he was a wanderer, they would just say - He was a higher level soul, and not mention his chemical setup.
And by the way, that was just my opinion... I never said I knew that for sure.
You are, as always, free to make your own opinion from what they said.
Reread that post carefully.

Freelancer said:
Redrock12 said:
Freelancer, perhaps I'm not comprehending, but how do you determine that Cayce was not a wanderer from your Cs quotation? Imho, if Cayce was a very good channel for higher sources that would be a strong indicator of a wanderer.

The C's mentioned a set of unusual chemical circumstances within Cayce's body.
My guess is, if he was a wanderer, they would just say - He was a higher level soul, and not mention his chemical setup.
And by the way, that was just my opinion... I never said I knew that for sure.
You are, as always, free to make your own opinion from what they said.
Reread that post carefully.

"Opinions" are not a very good thing to have. Rather than elaborate on this myself I will include below a post on the subject which Laura made here on the forum:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=3925.0

The other day, a discussion was underway within QFG and the following exchange occurred:

QFG member #1

What jumps out at me about *****, and what I find interesting is that she
never really says she's sorry for anything. She does say "I might be
wrong" quite often, but she doesn't really seem to believe that herself
though.

QFG member #2

Yes, I've noticed this behaviour when trying to deal with our
psychopathic sales guy at work. Whenever I point out something that he
has done wrong, he ALWAYS respond with "well, we just have different
opinions about that" or "one can look at it in many ways". He will
NEVER apologize or say that he is sorry, because he will instantly
find "another way to look at it".

So "I might be wrong" is the mask of sanity essentially saying "from
your opinion that is what you think, and you're wrong". In a plastic
subjective moldable reality, opinions are all there is.
This is an interesting observation that catches my eye. How often do very
narcissistic people assert "well, that's YOUR opinion, and this is MY
opinion, and everybody is entitled to their own opinion."

What the heck IS an opinion, anyway?

Online dictionary sez:

1 a : a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular
matter b : APPROVAL, ESTEEM

2 a : belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive
knowledge b : a generally held view

3 a : a formal expression of judgment or advice by an expert b : the formal
expression (as by a judge, court, or referee) of the legal reasons and
principles upon which a legal decision is based
In 1a, we see that an opinion is always subjective even if, by accident, it
MIGHT be objective. It is formed entirely within the mind of the person,
shaped and colored by that person's programming and reading instrument
distortions.

So here, "opinion" is a dangerous thing to have; and I mean dangerous for
the individual because it is an instrument of blindness.

In 1b we see that opinion as related to "approval" of some thing or idea, or
esteem of same, is closely connected to WISHFUL THINKING.

Again, an "opinion" and the "right to have one" is again, dangerous to the
individual.

In 2 a and b we see the same problems as in 1a and b with the additional
explanation that an opinion is based on belief rather than positive
knowledge of something. Thus it becomes a deeper trap of subjectivity and
wishful thinking.

Item 3 is not applicable here because it is a technical term, though
certainly it can be imbued with all of the above.

So, where did the idea come from that "everyone is entitled to their own
opinion" ? It begins to sound paramoralistic; a cheap shot at "democracy."

Looking at the root "opine," we get a truncated etymology:

Main Entry: opine
Pronunciation: O-'pIn
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): opined; opining
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French & Latin; Middle French opiner,
from Latin opinari to have an opinion.
I wonder what the IE root might reveal?

Observations?

Richard S said:
"Opinions" are not a very good thing to have. Rather than elaborate on this myself I will include below a post on the subject which Laura made here on the forum:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=3925.0

Thanks, Richard S.
That's good to know.

You got me there, Freelancer and Richard S. It really was just an opinion, and you're correct in that opinions are not good things to have. I should have been a lot less subjective, more objective and read more carefully what the Cs actually said. Thanks for your astute observations. :-[

You're both welcome, and that's what we do here - share what we have learned with others.

Richard

I Found this,

_http://meta-religion.com/Paranormale/Prophecies/edgar_cayce_prophecies.htm

Mod Note: deactivated hyperlink

Given the fact that I live on the Carolina coast, I'd rather hope Cayce was wrong on this. Well, I'd rather hope he's wrong about the whole thing.

DontBSkerred said:
Given the fact that I live on the Carolina coast, I'd rather hope Cayce was wrong on this. Well, I'd rather hope he's wrong about the whole thing.

Doesn`t sound as if we Northern Europeans are in for much of a treat either. Gulp.

Cayce was given to believe that Virginia Beach was a safe place for the future, he moved his family and his work there, which consisted of a huge body of transcripts of his many readings over the years.

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Cayce

Lindenlea said:
Cayce was given to believe that Virginia Beach was a safe place for the future, he moved his family and his work there, which consisted of a huge body of transcripts of his many readings over the years.

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Cayce

For what I know, some confusion here. I don't know where you got the idea that Cayce was told to move to Virginia Beach because it will be a safe place for the future.
Virgina Beach was told to be good for his body. And, for what we understand, here's the reasons : the climate, the sand of Virgina Beach which contain interesting minerals, gold among others, and even some low radio-activity if I remember well (no sure of this point). So, laying down or walking on the sand will be good for bodys.

There's perhaps another explanation: due to the underground stratums, Virgina Beach was acting as a capacitor thus easing the process of the readings.

OK so what does that mean?

Well first, what he is saying in 1925 is that this area (VAB) is a natural, earth capacitor. A capacitor is an electronic device which uses alternating layers of conductive and non conductive materials to build up an electrical charge, which is stored in it's layers until needed, hence the term "capacitors" because they hold and store energy like a battery.

But before I go any further I have to tell you how I came about this startling conclusion.

I went to Old Dominion University as a Mechanical Engineering student, because I had a dream of designing and building a revolutionary new type of Electrically powered car and starting my own company to do so.

During my initial stages of R&D I ran into a problem.... the core of my engine had to be cooled by nitrogen to near 0 Kelvin for the superconductors to work. All the available materials needed were too heavy, so I searched for a lightweight material that could be used to insulate the conductors.

My search ended when I came across an amazing material called "Aerogels."

This material, made essentially from nothing more than Silicon Dioxide (silicon chips and sand!) was the worlds lightest solid material, the best insulator, and the best di-electric material the world has ever seen. The average insulation in your walls in temperate climates is R-13 max at 3-1/2 inches thick for Fiberglass insulation. Carbon Doped Aerogels have a R-rating of R-32 at 1 inch thickness, which is the fiberglass equivalent of about 2 feet. If aerogels were used in your home, in other words using the three and half inch cavity in your wall filled with aerogels you would have nearly a R-100 rating, which means that you could live at the north pole and heat a 10,000 sq ft house with a candle to 80 degrees!

Now, apparently Lawrence Livermore National Labs developed this material after it was "accidentally" discovered at SRI (Stanford Research Institute) in 1931....but I now know that although the original Aerogel was discovered by chance at SRI in 1931....along with Teflon in 1931, they are in fact back engineered from ...you know what....but that's another story for another day...

OK, so I found this stuff, Aerogels, and I figured, hey what else do the National Labs have to offer....and I figured that I would try to start a research triangle like the ones in NC and MIT where ODU and my company and NASA Langley would work together to develop my ideas...

So after contacting some research scientists and explaining what I was trying to do, they had mentioned something about a new material that they thought I could use the piston casings and other areas. This Material was then called Larc-si, short for Langley Advanced Research Soluble Polyamide...which is a mouthful for basically an amazing new plastic.... this plastic is 100 times more durable than Teflon, totally rust resistant, has the highest dielectric properties of any material other than Aerogel, and can withstand temperature's in excess of 350 F. As if that wasn't enough, it is also totally impervious to sunlight, UV, Salt, even hydrogen peroxide and sulfuric acid...it is the plastic that will replace all plastics in the nest 20 years...

OK now the point in telling you all this is because a company in Seattle started manufacturing the most powerful, lightest weight, longest lasting capacitors ever invented out of Aerogels. Now, in case you don't know how powerful these babies are...remember that these are used in stun guns to take a AA battery and concentrate it enough to 100,000 volts. The Aerogel capacitors are 1/10 the weight, and put out 100 times the energy from the same Battery!

Ok so now I'm sitting there reading Cayce's description of this area...

"In the reasoning from the physical plane, the action of the environmental conditions we find creating a condition through which certain forces may manifest in an easy or a hard manner, see? For instance, easier for electricity to pass over iron than over glass, see? "

That's when I remember Larc-si...because it is the worlds best Di-electric...meaning that it repels and insulates electricity...so much so that it was used on the mother boards of the Mars Rover Lander back in July 1997.

NASA used Larc-si because it was the only material that could withstand the impact, temperature changes and environmental conditions called for in the mission...developed right here at NASA Langley, across the bay from Craney Island and Norfolk NAB (AKA Philly exp)!

So what I remembered when researching uses for Larc-si, which I soon turned my business focus to, instead of aerogels, was a conversation that I had with the CEO of a company in Seattle about having them manufacture Larc-si mother boards for computers, she told me that the closest thing they have to the dielectric properties of Larc-si was glass mother boards, since both repelled or insulated electrical energy....

Cayce: "For instance, easier for electricity to pass over iron than over glass, see? "

Holy shit! I said to myself...he's saying that this area...Virginia Beach is a natural, geomagnetic capacitor! Of course in 1925 he couldn't find the right words to describe this...for glass is a di-electric (non-conductive) and iron is an excellent conductor!

OK but how on earth is this place a natural capacitor? What is it about the natural "earth" in this are that might make it a natural, geological capacitor?

Once again the answer is right there in front of us...Edgar gave it to us with his reference to glass...because what is glass made of, but silicone dioxide and what is that but melted sand! Of course I said to myself...sand! I mean this whole area, is a nothing more than a big sand dune!

Although I spend most of my free time writing and researching, my real job, how I make a living, since I certainly haven't made a dime from all of this...yet... is in the construction fields...I have a BLD certification which means that as a general contractor in Virginia Beach, I can build houses from the foundation on up. Having built quite a few houses in this area I can tell you one thing for sure....I quickly noticed down here in VAB that the soil conditions suck....on a scale of 1 to 5 with one being like granite rock....and 5 being near mudlike, this area is barely a 5. The soil here, I know from experience, meaning it is almost all sand.

"And from same a radiation would reach to a much broader field than has been possible heretofore."

Mr. Cayce answered quite soon, with his "White Hill Mystery"....The mystery of White Hill goes something like this...He had a reading that said that a small sand dune hill behind his library held a treasure, for those seeking it of the "right mind"

Now most people including Cayce's son and Grandson, thought he meant literally a pirates treasure of some sort...and while I was pondering that mystery I came across a book about a gifted researcher called T. Townsend Brown. who was working with high energy capacitors to create anti gravity ships. and that's when it hit me....
source: http://www.alien-ufos.com/paranormal-consciousness-dreams-hypnosis/4845-edgar-cayce-ufo-connection.html

READING 254-24
This psychic reading given by Edgar Cayce at his office, 322 Grafton Avenue, Dayton, Ohio, this 15th day of August, 1925, in accordance with request made by Edgar Cayce himself.

Present: Edgar Cayce; Mrs. Cayce, Conductor; Gladys Davis, Steno. Mr. W. L. Jones and Hugh Lynn Cayce.

Time and Place: 3:20 P. M. Dayton Savings Time. 322 Grafton Avenue, Dayton, Ohio.

GC: You will have before you Edgar Cayce, present in this room, and his family, and conditions surrounding same. Also [900] of ... Road, ..., New Jersey, and conditions surrounding him, also the associations between Edgar Cayce and [900], also conditions in and around Virginia Beach, as related to the association of these two, [900] and Edgar Cayce and their association with psychic phenomena. You will please give any information to any or all of these that will assist in making the success as has been given as regarding the move to Virginia Beach. You will please answer any questions I may ask you regarding any of these conditions.

EC: Yes, many, many, suggestions may be given for the good of all associated with the work; [it] needs the instruction and purpose necessary to make same succeed in the way and manner as has been given, for we find this has been approached from many angles. Then, to give that that would be beneficial, we would first begin from that of the locations and why.
In the reasoning from the physical plane, the action of the environ-mental conditions create a condition through which certain forces may manifest in an easy or an hard manner, see? For instance, easier for electricity to pass over iron than over glass, see?
Then, in the environ-mental forces in and about Virginia Beach and vicinity, there is that necessary for the reaching of many peoples of many climes, see? for the close proximity of the various spheres of active study in the various channels of education are through centers as will be found in touch with these channels, see? and from same a radiation would reach to a much broader field than has been possible heretofore.
Now with same there may be expected that condition that would bring some consternation through the channels of opposition. Yet this, as we find, the place, the time and the action then necessary. For those vibrations of the Universal Forces, as is manifest through the physical human body that relates to transmission of those elements of Universal Forces, bring the greater action on the body through which the phenomena is to be manifested in or near this place - Virginia Beach, see?
The field, then, of activity being the broader, for the close proximity to the capital of the world, with sufficient distance to bring the work in a more beneficial, beneficent, manner.
The close proximity to the ports of the world and of those reasonings as come with peoples of the sea, these all go to make up that necessary.
Then, the individuals that are interested as given here: First the work of [900] is near to this place, and sufficient distance that the physical forces lend rather than retard in the development of same. Then the time of the development in the forces of [900] is in that place of being able to sufficient to lend assistance in the way in which this would be most beneficial.
The manner and way would then be, for the work, from [900]'s viewpoint, to connect in such a manner the work with all phases of the developing as is manifested through the developing of the body.
As to those of the family, Edgar Cayce, these we find, all, will in many ways be improved, provided they take advantage of same, in the associations in this place, see?

(Q) Which is more advisable, for Edgar Cayce to go direct to Virginia Beach or meet [900] in New York and then go to Virginia Beach?

(A) Meet [900] in New York, then go to Virginia Beach.

(Q) In regarding trip to Virginia Beach, in preparation for move there, should Edgar Cayce's son, Hugh Lynn Cayce, go to Virginia Beach to lend assistance in any way?

(A) Very good - for as given, be well that all would go and lend assistance, for if the place does good to all, then all need to receive more good, see?

(Q) Please give Edgar Cayce information necessary for him to know as to why Virginia Beach is the proper place for him to work from. Also outlining to him the line of procedure when he is located at or near Virginia Beach to make the work the success that readings have given can be made.

(A) As to why has been given. As to the conduct of the body, physical, this has been given in many ways, for the one is the same as the other. First and foremost, as has been given, let this be the criterion for the endeavors: The work in all its phases is judged by the physical attendance to those things spiritual, and the aid in spiritual manners and social manners, as are given to those, for the reflection of each and every work is shown in the individual's relations to others.
Then give of self to others, calling on Him, the Giver of all good and perfect gifts, to direct the way, and He is faithful to give to those who would seek Him in no uncertain way, see?

(Q) Give advice to Hugh Lynn Cayce that will assist him in helping Edgar Cayce and [900] in making necessary arrangements for the move to Virginia Beach?

(A) Know the country1 - or use, as has been given in this, just plain common sense.
We are through.

1 [4/07/83 GD's note: He certainly did this! I think he came to know Virginia Beach better than anyone else. He worked summers in and out of Van Patten's Real Estate office. Throughout the years he held a Real Estate license and supplemented his low income as Mgr. of A.R.E. He helped many, many A.R.E. people find homes in Va. Beach. I think he was pleased a few yrs. ago when his 2nd son Gregory became a Real Estate Agent, and a good one! HLC LOVED finding homes for people. He told me once that if he had not made psychic research his life's work his next choice would have been real estate.]

BACKGROUND

Subject of 254-24 - "Work of Edgar Cayce:Virginia Beach, Why?"

DontBSkerred said:

As with all such material that predicts future events, the C's have said repeatedly that the future is 'open', which basically means that predicting future events is very difficult because what happens on the planet is very often dependent on life on the planet and the level of consciousness attained. Or to put it another way, disasters etc are linked to the human experiencial cycle. So what humans experience, what they see, what they know, can influence the cycle of planetary and cosmic catastrophes.

I don't know where you got the idea that Cayce was told to move to Virginia Beach because it will be a safe place for the future.

Hi Ellipse,

My initial post in this thread was from memory of all the Cayce books I have read in the past, however on digging out my copy of Edgar Cayce On Prophecy, by Mary Helen Carter under the editorship of Hugh Lynn Cayce, I found the information regarding the 'Earth Changes', which was divided into paragraphs of area i.e. Atlantic, Pacific, Europe etc., one of the paragraphs written within the earth changes for America was:

"Safety lands will be the area around Norfolk, Virginia Beach, parts of Ohio, Indiana and Illinois and much of the southern portion of Canada and the eastern portion of Canada."

Also I specifically said "was given to believe" rather than "was told to move".

I think I've messed up with my quoting :/

Mod's note: Edited to fix the quotation boxes. By the way, you just forgot to put the / before the last quote.

Perceval said:
DontBSkerred said:

As with all such material that predicts future events, the C's have said repeatedly that the future is 'open', which basically means that predicting future events is very difficult because what happens on the planet is very often dependent on life on the planet and the level of consciousness attained. Or to put it another way, disasters etc are linked to the human experiencial cycle. So what humans experience, what they see, what they know, can influence the cycle of planetary and cosmic catastrophes.

That's what I was really wanting to get a grasp of. I don't believe anything is set in stone. And if we're being given knowledge of impending destruction on any level, shouldn't we be trying to do something about it?

DontBSkerred said:
That's what I was really wanting to get a grasp of. I don't believe anything is set in stone. And if we're being given knowledge of impending destruction on any level, shouldn't we be trying to do something about it?

Aren't we? I ask this question to you DontBSkerred. Dont you think that just by being in this forum and everything else that we are doing our minds are attempting to do just that in the best way that we know how?

Mod's note: Edited to fix the quotation boxes

chaps23 said:
DontBSkerred said:

Aren't we? I ask this question to you DontBSkerred. Dont you think that just by being in this forum and everything else that we are doing our minds are attempting to do just that in the best way that we know how?

Mod's note: Edited to fix the quotation boxes

Oh yes, I'd have to say that our being on this site would be some of the first steps in the right direction. But it just seems that most of this is how to cope with is and what could be. And not just this site, but almost all sites I've come across in the past 10-13 years. I don't know what could be done, and I suppose endorsing the methods expressed here are about as good a start as anything. It's just frustrating to think that someone somewhere IS planning another 9/11 or Hiroshima while I post on a forum in between games of Free Cell (I am on one helluva tear though, one loss out of 428, and that was because someone closed out my game...lol).

Back
Top Bottom