Circadian Biology determines health, not food! DHA, Blue light and nnEMF

Keyhole said:
Some thoughts on heavy metal toxicity

I just want to add that the above information can provide us all with some valuable insight on whether or not to attempt "heavy metal" detoxes. Chelating heavy metals to release them into the system to be detoxified may only be effective/safe when the redox potential is high. Remember that glutathione is what detoxifies metals (mainly due to its high cysteine [metal binding] content). If there are inadequate levels of cysteine/glutathione due to a low redox potential, then when an external agent releases these metals into the system, they may cause more damage by seeping into surrouding, previously unaffected tissues. Low glutathione means that the metal cannot be detoxed. So unless someone has access to high levels of IV glutathione, it may not be worth attempting. Supplemental NAC etc may help slightly, but if the cell is already chronically oxidised, then the newly produced glutathione may have "too much work on its hands" to be able to deal with the metals. So in light of the above information, I believe anyone with metal toxicity may be best off to focus on increasing their redox potential before working on anything else.

Added: Important point
: Think back to the above post. What causes heavy metal accumulation? Wouldn't it make sense to deal with the causative factor. Doing heavy metal detox may be effective temporarily. But if the causes are not addressed (low redox, Ca efflux, ROS in the motochondria), the metal may simply just continue to be accumulated, eventually leading to metal toxicity once more.

It would be great if you could sum up some of these things that Kruse goes on about, such as redox potential. Like, what practical steps can a person take to increase redox potential?

Also do you have any thoughts on Chris Shade's metal detoxing ideas, particularly working on increasing Glutathione, NRF-1 and GST enzymes so that the body detoxes naturally? What about liposomal varieties of Glutathione (orally, nasally or through enema/suppository)?

Carl said:
Keyhole said:
Some thoughts on heavy metal toxicity

I just want to add that the above information can provide us all with some valuable insight on whether or not to attempt "heavy metal" detoxes. Chelating heavy metals to release them into the system to be detoxified may only be effective/safe when the redox potential is high. Remember that glutathione is what detoxifies metals (mainly due to its high cysteine [metal binding] content). If there are inadequate levels of cysteine/glutathione due to a low redox potential, then when an external agent releases these metals into the system, they may cause more damage by seeping into surrouding, previously unaffected tissues. Low glutathione means that the metal cannot be detoxed. So unless someone has access to high levels of IV glutathione, it may not be worth attempting. Supplemental NAC etc may help slightly, but if the cell is already chronically oxidised, then the newly produced glutathione may have "too much work on its hands" to be able to deal with the metals. So in light of the above information, I believe anyone with metal toxicity may be best off to focus on increasing their redox potential before working on anything else.

Added: Important point
: Think back to the above post. What causes heavy metal accumulation? Wouldn't it make sense to deal with the causative factor. Doing heavy metal detox may be effective temporarily. But if the causes are not addressed (low redox, Ca efflux, ROS in the motochondria), the metal may simply just continue to be accumulated, eventually leading to metal toxicity once more.

It would be great if you could sum up some of these things that Kruse goes on about, such as redox potential.

Hey Carl, did you read the whole post previous to that one?

It pretty much outlines what the redox potential is and how it applies to here. For clarification, redox means "oxidation-reduction". It is basically a measure of how well a chemical can accept/donate electrons and become chemically reduced/or oxidised. If the redox potential is low, cellular structures are unable to accept electrons and remain in an oxidised state. If the redox potential is high, then electron donation can occur efficiently and cells/structures in cells can become reduced (less oxidised) and work properly.

Here's a quick wikipedia explanation:
In aqueous solutions, reduction potential is a measure of the tendency of the solution to either gain or lose electrons when it is subject to change by introduction of a new species. A solution with a higher (more positive) reduction potential than the new species will have a tendency to gain electrons from the new species (i.e. to be reduced by oxidizing the new species) and a solution with a lower (more negative) reduction potential will have a tendency to lose electrons to the new species (i.e. to be oxidized by reducing the new species).

Like, what practical steps can a person take to increase redox potential?
It is fairly straight forward I think... Identify the factors in one's immediate environment/diet/lifestyle that directly act to lower the redox potential. Again, that post outlined some of the mechanisms behind how various factors directly lower the redox potential.

Examples of practical steps would be:
+Blue light induces ROS generation in the mitochondria, this lowers the redox potential when it happens on a consistent basis. Protect oneself from blue light toxicity to limit ROS.

+Intracellular dehydration lowers redox potential, so identify the factors which cause dehydration (nnEMF exposure via calcium efflux, blue light, fluoride/bromide in water, lack of water intake etc). Take steps to limit those factors and increase water quality/intake.

+ Mitochondrial swelling lowers electron flow, thereby reducing redox potential. See that calcium efflux/blue light cause mitochondrial swelling, so limit those things. Then look for what decreases mitochondrial swelling (meditation, cold stimulus, adequate magnesium coupled with hydration).

The methods aren't complicated. A lot of the words sound complicated, but really all it is is just identifying the cause and effects, then limiting exposure to the causative factor and trying to reverse the effect via some other process. Cold therapy is one of those tools that can be used to mitigate these effects.

Also do you have any thoughts on Chris Shade's metal detoxing ideas, particularly working on increasing Glutathione, NRF-1 and GST enzymes so that the body detoxes naturally? What about liposomal varieties of Glutathione (orally, nasally or through enema/suppository)?
I have only come across Chris Shade's work when reading one of his articles that was published on SOTT, so I am not really sure what he recommends. I'm clearly no expert, but from what I can gather, if someone doesn't focus on building one's redox potential (dealing with all redox-lowering environmental factors), then I don't see how they can come up with any long term solutions for metal toxicity. Using something like liposomal or IV glutathione may effectively remove metals from the body in one instance, but if blue light/nnEMF and other inflammation persists, then a low redox potential causes the cell to begin to accumulate metals once more.

So to me, it seems like focusing on metal toxicity alone is just dealing with a symptom, rather than perhaps getting to the deeper route of the problem (which is a low redox).

Mercola is now aware of Kruse's work, and explains how his previous primary focus on food has now changed. The interview below is a must listen!

Mercola's new perspective on health:
1. The most important food for mitochondrial health is DHA found in seafood.
2. Most important factors for mitochondrial health are: Avoiding all artificial blue light exposure, EMF exposure, Getting enough sunlight exposure, Grounding for negative ions, Seasonal food with abundant DHA. Spring water (structured water - refers to Pollack!) Fluoride is a dielectric blocker.

https://youtu.be/Nqs_WNJRDcY

The SOTT article is up now: https://www.sott.net/article/326331-How-to-kill-fat-cells-fix-your-mitochondria-grow-superfoods-much-more-An-interview-with-Dr-Mercola

Recent article up on SOTT which serves as a good introduction to some of the concepts covered on this thread.

How electrons affect our lives: Dr Jack Kruse

Change of perspective:

If there had been one person in the last couple of years that had influenced me the most with his opinion - it had to be Dr. Jack Kruse. He actually was one of the reasons I felt the need to create a website with accessible informations in German. A few years ago my whole understanding about health and fitness was based on food and heavy weights - as for a lot of you guys out there maybe still, too.

How would you react, if a neurosurgeon would step into your life, telling you that every foodstuff you put into your body ends up fundamentally as electrons and that other things like the correct usage of light and circadian rhythmicity have way bigger effects on health, body composition and much more? My reaction was as expected:

"This cannot be!"

After a few months of shaking my head about such heresy, I started to look for literature, that proved Jack wrong. My focus switched from meal-timing, functional movement screening, training methods and other conventional things to molecular biochemistry and physics. Every free time I had was used to understand the flow of electrons on the inner mitochondrial membrane (and of course much more - social interactions? Who cares!) and step by step I realised one thing. Jack seemed to be spot on. Not only that! A lot of confusing issues I had at work made sense with what Jack explained about our modern way of living. The feeling is always a mixture of excitement and desperation, when pieces fall into the puzzle and open up a new door to a room of which you know nothing. You start again at the beginning and have to question all the beliefs that were set in stone in your own mind. Now, that happened a couple of years ago.

"Excited" would have been an understatement of my reaction, when Jack told me that he would meet up with me for an interview. His website, www.Jackkruse.com, is filled with incredible connections, deep explanations of systems in our body - and not something, one could read with only moderate knowledge in English. That was also why I wished to talk to Jack and to translate it later into a German narrative version.

Now why this became a blogpost instead of an interview is something I'll tell you at the end. All the informations written down are from my memories (so probably not the whole thing) and won't replace the amazing one and a half hour long conversation Jack and me had. However I don't want to deny you what we were talking about. So let's get started.

"That's pretty simple":

The images on Skype would certainly have confused some people. While one person (me) was sitting in complete darkness, covered with a cap and some weird looking glasses on the nose (it was 10pm in munich), the other person (Jack) was sitting in a darkened room, while the window behind him showed clearly that it was a sunny afternoon where he was (and around 3pm).

Those of you, who already know a little about light, know how artificial light can mess up our internal clocks. Jack was kind enough to sit in a darkened room and to keep the lights low for me, while it was my job to protect as many receptors on my skin and eyes against mismatches, as I possibly could.

The interview started with a rather - for Jack - simple question. Believing that some listeners wouldn't be familiar with Dr. Kruse, or so well versed in English that they could just listen to other podcasts with Jack Kruse, I had to start on some fundamental level. Trust me, Jack ist not only about light. For those of you, that love a mental rollercoaster about human health, I dearly recommend to head over to his website.

What does food have to do with electrons?

The darkened human frame on the other side of the atlantic ocean slightly switched its position on the chair and started to talk. ,That's pretty simple..." - I heared the words running through my ears and smiled. Often listeners had to prepare for a not so simple answer (from their point of view). Complex topics can only be made simple to a certain degree, as you folks might agree. I felt comfortable though about what was about to come and looked forward to his explanation.

It should be coherent for those of you who know about the reactions going on in our most inner powerplants (mitochondria), that the broken down end product of every food flows as electrons over the inner membrane of our friends. That releases some protons through the membrane, creating a gradient, that lets them reenter the matrix (hi Neo) via complex 5. By this process, simply said, ATP is made. Important to realise is that there is no protein- carbohydrate- or fat transport chain, but only an electron transport chain. When you think about energy, it should be all about the strength of voltage on your inner membranes, oxygen as terminal electron acceptor and a related redox-potential. Of course there is more to that story. Electrons can differ in certain things like their "spin" or where they get taken up on the respiratory chain - or even in which direction they flow. Explaining all this however would make this summary incredibly huge.

One thing was certain though after what Jack had said. Electrons are the basis of all energy in us. There is more going on on our intracellular frontiers however.

What is paramagnetism and what does it have to do with oxygen?

Someone who had read a few of Jacks blogs should have stumbled upon the word "paramagnetism". Now what the heck is that? That term only means though, that a paramagnetic substance get's drawn to magnetic fields.

Magnetic fields get created, when electrons flow (over our inner membranes). So they attract oxygen. That is pretty neat, as oxygen works as the terminal electron acceptor in our body and yes that's also the reason why we have to breathe. If there would be no oxygen, the whole system would break down. If a person has an impaired electron flow, a slow spinning ATPase and related to that, a low magnetic field, oxygen doesn't get to where it should go - pseudohypoxia is the result and worsens the whole thing. To explain exactly what influences this central flow of electrons would be insane. Those who like insane, can head over to Jacks website. His blogs should keep you busy reading for about over a year (and that doesn't mean you directly understand everything).

Oxygen is not the only paramagnetic substance in the body by the way. DHA (fishoil) has similar properties. Seems like it has some important role to play in our cells. Remind you, that oily capsules and seafood have not much in common though.

Are there other sources of electrons besides food?

This question opens the doors to a lot of topics and was the first step of the interview to draw the conversation away from food as a hand full of aces. Nature apparently plays chess.

It would have been a loaded question to completely explain, but our neurosurgeon seemed to be used in answering this ever returning question.

Every food that we eat on a daily basis comes back to one central thing. Photosynthesis. Plants use the full spectrum of the sunlight to energize its reactions and to produce oxygen and glucose. Animals eat that energy and provide it for their natural enemies. It's kinda funny to think about a piece of steak and even the human body to be made out of light on a fundamental basis, isn't it? Our body works apparently on electricity and frequencies of light!

Plants however are not the only creatures on the planet, that can use the photoelectric effect.Light interacts with our eyes and skin and is the reason for some incredible effects. Vitamin D3 is not the only reason why the sun is important. To understand how light works in us, one might want to read the work of Gerald Pollack (4.phase of water) and some more books, that I have listed at the end of this blog. Jack had mentioned a lot while we were talking. To sum it up as easily as I can, you could say that the right frequencies of light interact and excite the electrons on our skin (and eyes). The released energy gets transported and stored in our own fluid battery (EZ-water) where it gets used to power a host of processes. For those of you who know that Gilbert Ling had proven mathematically that ATP and its high energy phosphate bond cannot be the way the body powers itself, this should give you a hint on what such an information implies.

Besides the sun there are also other factors that actually might fall under a rather esoteric point of view. Grounding for example. To explain it you'd have to look at the sun as a cathode ray and the earth as an anode. Without going into too much details the earth itself gets powered up with a negative charge by the sun (yes, ignoring the athmosphere, the earth has a negative charge). Too bad, most of us walk around the globe with rubber shoes nowadays. Up to now people should realise how rarely we get out in the sun or walk barefoot. That's all pretty hippie anyway, isn't it?

I still wanted to stay with our powerplants for a bit longer, as D. Wallace wasn't mentioned until now, right? And his discoveries were staggering!

What's heteroplasmy and what does it have to do with diseases?

I had mentioned D. Wallace and the definition of % heteroplasmy in my post about cancer. Fundamentally one could describe % heteroplasmy as the rate of mutation of the mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA). Every part of the mtDNA coding is part of the respiratory chain. If it goes awry, we have a problem creating enough energy, electron flow and ATP. The reason why the mtDNA is more important than the DNA in the nucleus (which has way more information), is that mitochondria are surrounded by a huge self created oxidative environment and get damaged way easier. Under normal conditions the body is able to balance it all out though reproduction, destruction and recycling. Increasing the demand however reduces the supply of (mt)stemcells that we have, which lets us age faster (we lose time). On top of that we can suppress important processes (e.g. sleep) with wrong behaviour or decisions. Wallace had proven, that the biggest part (around 80%) of all disease can be related to an insufficency of energy. If someone has connected the dots yet, they should be able to answer the following question with ease.

Are we responsible for our own % heteroplasmy? Is cancer for example a sign, that a threshold in parts of our body had been breached?

We know that the mtDNA of our mother gives us a certain basis that dictates, how we start in life (good thing I'm a male!). Our environment and our every day life however decide, how we progress. That being said, natures laws don't care if we do mistakes whilst knowing it or not. If you think that you can outsmart nature, you pay the price for it. Cancer (as an example) is a disease coupled to an insufficency in energy in cells (hello Warburg). Jack nodded when I asked him if cancer is our own fault and not some genetic russian roulette. The good thing about the story is, that heteroplasmy is reversable to a certain degree. Jack corrected me though, as I said that conventional treatments (radiation and chemo) usually have a negative effect on the cause for cancer (energy insufficency and mutation of the inner mitochondrial membrane). While there is some truth behind that, some cancer can be treated very well with regular procedures.

I would have loved to ask him for details, but the question disappeared in my head (maybe Jack would be so kind to do me the favor of telling me more about it - if he does I will put it in this post). Another question was burning in my head and I was eager to ask it!

Can we measure % heteroplasmy? Are there indicators, that we are doing something wrong?

Interesting, isn't it? I'm sure a lot of you guys would love to know about that. Jacks answer was a little restrained - for a reason. There are seminars (webinars) on his website, where he goes into the dirty details of the human body. Those webinars are not freely accessible though. % heteroplasmy and ways to measure it are part of their content. Also, the answer to that question might not be answered so easily in public in a couple of minutes. If you want to know more about heteroplasmy - head over to www.jackkruse.com.

Well - how the heck should someone give a credible explanaition about that, without wearing a white coat? My own development would be a perfect example. Who would believe a former areamanager and instructor of the health industry even one word about electricity, heteroplasmy, light, water and all that context?

Dr. Jack Kruse is a renowned neurosurgeon in America and without this background he might have had a way harder time to get the message out. He describes himself as an innovator, who's combining all the pieces of the puzzle, while experts focus on their speciality. Everyone should be able to fathom though, how much knowledge about physics, biochemistry, quantumphysics and much much more this insane amount of work needs. His opinions about my own little misery was a little more optimistic and a shout out to everyone interested in his own health.

Every person has the ability to get their hands on informations nowadays. Studies on pubmed (for example) are accessible for everyone and we certainly are able to question our trusted doctors. Someone can know more about the relationship of collagen and water in our body, then their own family doctor. On top of that we are not bound by our own education that had set our point of view while we studied the crap out of our brains in medical school. Of course we both (and certainly you too) knew, that getting informations out of the web can screw you as easily. Also this is not to blame doctors. I don't know one single doc that wants to hurt people. It is way more important actually, to work together with your doctor. Heteroplasmy, the fourth phase of water, light therpay and much more get more and more priortiy. People should adapt to that fact.

"You need to remind people that science is the process that takes us from confusion to understanding. In this sense science is the communication path man should be using to study how nature shapes us. We have to remind ourselves that the path is fallible because of the process of nature and the nature of man. Man always creates errors and often he fails to understand why his methodologies can create many scientific fallacies believed to be fact. Much of what man has learned and come to believe is not true in nature, it just happens to bring us closer to the truths that nature weaves. This occurs because Mother Nature's hand is capable of erasing while she simultaneously write's more wisdom that builds things around us. You begin to realize in every experiment and theory there's no such thing as a complete lie or complete truth. There's always some truth in there and that is what science is trying to squeeze out from the pulp. Man's duty is to distill the juice of nature with experiment, but how something is studied effects the results and this can create new knowledge or dogmatic fallacy. Realizing what was once believed to be true, but no longer is true, is what creates man's wisdom."

(Jack Kruse)

The only thing I think I understood about measuring %heteroplasmy in humans (there is already some stuff going on) and from what I've seen from Jacks biohacks is that it must have to do with light emissions of our body. And yes, we do emit certain frequencies of (invisible) light like infrared light for example (there is more to that story). That actually leads to the next question!

How does light interact with our circadian rhythm and how can mismatches destroy us over time?

Our inner clockworks are tightly coupled to the influence of light. While the early morning sun wakes us up and stimulates us via the blue, green and red spectrum, UVA in the afternoon has an amazing effect itself on our hormones (think optogenetics). The whole story is not about the interactions with our eyes though. The skin also needs sunlight. That shouldn't be surprising. We weren't dressed in jeans and shirts, when we were born. The skin and brain also developped from the same material (ectoderm). Sadly (or maybe thank god?) this is no free ticket for everyone to undress in our communities. Might feel a little weird to open up a bank account while talking to someone naked outside in the sun...

Using light correctly doesn't only mean that we have to be as the sphinx every morning, facing the sun grounded. Our modern age gives us the opportunity to use artificial light as a tool since round about 100 years (which is a minimal amount of time). This carries, as already mentioned, a cost with it. If some of us are using their electric devices like laptops, handies, television, lamps etc. at night, it gives a weird signal to their body. The artificial light, dominant in the blue light spectrum (around 4 times stronger than the normal dose from the sun with no other frequencies like IR to balance it out), creates reactive oxygen species in our brain and body (and with it a stress response), suppresses the release of melatonin at night, destroys our normal sleeping pattern with all its important processes and puts us in such a bad (also hormonal) situation, that we can get diseases like type 2 Diabetes mellitus from it, used chronically. Consequences are still present the next day and can lead to favoring ,McDonalds over a Wiener Schnitzel" (Neuropeptide Y). This is not only important for people in shiftwork. It is also an explanation, why 350 diet books a year don't have the answer. Actually that insane number tells me two things. First, we don't know what the heck we're talking about. Second, food and nutrition are a huge market...

And we haven't mentioned electromagnetic fields anywhere yet, which is a topic most people love to neglect or point out as "woo" - even "Nature" wrote about it by now. And yes I belittled it myself for years. Maybe I've gotten a little smarter...

In my post about multiple sclerosis was a section at the end that looked at the effects of UVB and autoimmunity. Not only are the reactions via TREG-cells and their immuneregulating effect (without any relation to vitamin D3) extremely exciting, there are also protective epigenetic adaptions, when used in a physiologic dose. The thought, that something like the sun, which had been present for billions of years and that we adapted to, would be bad, should clearly be reconsidered. Even the permeability of the blood-brain-barrier and the gut lining get regulated by certain effects of the light spectrum. Lightdependant mitochondria are made from bacteria (endosymbiosis) for what we know, right? This might not be a good read for producers of pre- and probiotica, If you think about how things like the leaky gut and inflammatory processes got into the spotlight these last couple of years. You could actually eat as much blue cheese or sauerkraut, as you want and it wont fix the root cause, according to Jack. It doesn't make sense to pour water over a plant with 30 holes at its bottom. You won't get optimal in the environment, you got sick in. Nutrition can be a tool in our box, but nothing more and it is definately not number one on the list.

Jack dropped a little bomb at the end, as he mentioned that people should look into dielectric mirrors. Now who would tell you that something like this tells you about how your body works? I would only know one person.

Everything happens for a reason...right?

At the end Jack and I continued to talk a little, before he had to take off to his next appointment. Gyms these days resemble hospitals. We should ask ourselves, if a 16 year old child should actually have two degenerative disc herniations (no accident). You get to see every disease around the globe, thinking that excercise will help them. Training under blue light after a stressful day in the evening is not a good way to health. Those remarks are dangerous. After all, they shake the foundation of our beliefs. Even without all the things I wrote about in this article, I know that most trainers are not ready for the requirements they should meet (I had to deal with that, you know?). And how could they? I consider myself lucky to have stumbeled upon Jack a few years ago, while still having an open mind and spending all the time I had on more knowledge.

I looked relieved. Jack was already on his way to his next meeting. I still had a ton of specific questions in my head and we only scratched a tiny surface of what's going on (even though that was for a reason). Jack is a compendium of knowledge he had aquired by studying like a madman, while he was working as a neurosurgeon. Still I was happy and the consequent tension that I had in my body that didn't let go of me for the whole interview, was finally gone (a clear sign that I respect Jack pretty damn much ). Talking to Jack again about more advanced stuff would be a blast! Still I didn't want to give my internal clocks their well needed rest. I opened my folder where the interview was saved and started to listen to the interview a second time.

I cannot tell what exactly the reason was, or what happened. Maybe it was because ot the thunderstorm, that was going on outside. About half an hour after the voices in my head started talking again (I mean the interview...) I had to painfully regret, that I didn't directly called it a night. My screen went black in an instant. First I thought the computer had shut down for any unknown reason - although the puzzeled clicking on the power button didn't show any effect. After around 5-10 minutes I gave up and went to bed with a growing bad feeling somewhere in my guts.

It wasn't easy to write Jack about what happened. My laptop went boom the same evening - and with it the freshly made interview (apparently a short circuit). Even though I was pissed about the laptop (it still had warranty) I was even more angry about the loss of the recordings.

Still I felt the need to write everything down that was in my memories. Not only because Jack brought something incredible to light (no pun intended). His point of view has to go through language barriers - fast. People should be skeptic (that also accounts for Jack and my opinions), but should also be open for change. The state of science is not set in stone and Jacks explanations are no volatile fancies.

With a bit of luck Jack will meet up a second time to continue where we stopped. One should never forget that while writing a lot on his website and forums, he's also working in the hospital surrounded by death and destructions, gives speeches and works on projects like the Quantlet. If my laptop melts down down a second time while doing an interview with him - Ill become an esoteric...

As promised you can see a list of books, that Jack recommended.

Book recommendations:

The fourth phase of water - Gerald Pollack

The Body Electric - Robert O. Becker

Cross Currents - Robert O. Becker

Going somewhere - Andrew Marino

Life on the edge - Jim Al-Khalili

The Epi-Paleo Rx - Jack Kruse

Light in shaping Life - Roeland van Wijk

The vital Question Part 1 - Nick Lane

The vital Question Part 2 - Nick Lane

Hi Keyhole,

I just want to thank you for this thread and all your efforts. I read regularly Jack Kruse website and I was able to use and confirm some of his ideas in my practice. Of course, I don't have the kind of training nor the means necessary to understand, but i can corroborate them to what is available to me and get a much enriched perspective. Light applied is indeed energy.

Thanks again for all contributors!

Reactions: SMM
Shared Joy said:
Hi Keyhole,

I just want to thank you for this thread and all your efforts. I read regularly Jack Kruse website and I was able to use and confirm some of his ideas in my practice. Of course, I don't have the kind of training nor the means necessary to understand, but i can corroborate them to what is available to me and get a much enriched perspective. Light applied is indeed energy.

Thanks again for all contributors!
You're welcome Shared Joy. I have also confirmed many of these ideas myself, and "the proof is in pudding".

The material on Kruse's website is such dense reading and packed full of details that it can take a very long time to make sense out of any of it, from my experience. Also Jack's method of communication is not well adapted for people who have little preexisting biological knowledge already. What helped me the most was going to the source material, reading all of the empirical data, and then referring back to his blog posts to put the pieces of the puzzle together. It turns out that alot of what he talks about is backed up by some pretty substantial evidence, but often it's so controversial and outside -of-the-box that many people either write it off, or simply don't have the time to dedicate to trawling through each blog post (since they are so long and often tedious).

Hi Keyhole,

Only just (partially) caught up with this thread. This question has exercised my thoughts lately as well.

For me the current state of (non-) knowledge is this:

1. Ketogenic diets work - BUT they don't seem to work for everybody. For me the biggest change in my body as related to changes in diet happened with omitting gluten. I also had prostatic problems that went away after three weeks never to return Same for high blood pressure, reflux, joint pain and abdominal discomfort. KD just further made me better and I lost weight. The thing with weight however is, that it is constantly fluctuating up and down, and I haven't been able to find any relationship so far as to why. My sister for instance didn't do well on the KD - she always felt low on energy and put on some weight. Others on the forum have reported similar stories. So while KD seems beneficial for some, others may need higher levels of carbs, whatever that means.

2. I have no doubt in my mind that circadian biology, blue light and EMF radiation is a huge issue impacting our health and wellbeing. To minimize, or optimize these factors certainly makes eminently sense. Also CT makes sense, at least in winter time, although living in the tropical regions makes that difficult and potentially for those maybe not really worthwhile.

3. Three years ago I thought I had it all figured out - live on a KD and you will be fine. Now I have realized that this is not so. The main message I see in this is that - while of course we all share a common biology and genetic ancestry - we are all different, and what works for one, doesn't necessarily work for others. So we all have to experiment with different nutrients, concepts etc. to find out what exactly works for each and every one.

4. One factor that consistently gets underrated is stress, in all its forms that modern life exposes us to - ranging from physical and psychological, to spiritually being lost in this ever crazier world. Some say that stress is really the number one killer in the world, and that all the other stuff is mostly a flow-on effect of stress, like high blood pressure, metabolic syndrome etc.

5. Not to forget our "cohabitants" in our body - viruses, bacteria and fungi, some of whom are beneficial and some of whom are detrimental, and the balance between the two is crucial for health. The gut biome is crucial in many ways to health and wellbeing, and hidden and "clinically" silent infections can influence health and wellbeing to a major degree.

6. One of the big differences between modern life and life during the paleolithic period is the abundance of poisons in our nutritional food chain, ranging from heavy metals, pesticides, industrial chemicals to radioactive substances all influencing our bodily functions and interacting with each other and with biochemical processes in our bodies, that science hasn't even begun to research in depth. The amount of "foreign" substances assaulting our bodies is simply staggering, and our body is simply being overwhelmed by the sheer scope of that.

I am constantly trying out different stuff, and most of it doesn't seem to really make a huge difference, at least in the short term. To me it mostly comes down to tweaking what I do now, realising of course also, that what works for me today might not work for me tomorrow as well as it does today.

That's where I see myself in all of that at the moment.

Hi nicklebleu,

Great points. and thanks for bringing them up. I am generally in agreement with them all. Also, if I am honest, my thoughts on the KD have actually been fluctuating back and forth while doing the research for this thread and are no longer "set in stone" as they were in a few months back. I have had to struggle with some serious black-and-white thinking on this subject, because I was previously a firm believer that the KD was suitable for everybody. This entailed some lying to myself and others of the supposed "benefits" I was feeling from being in ketosis, when in reality I felt crap a lot of the time (like many others).

The thread contains a lot of Jack Kruse's material. But I want to state that I fundamentally disagree with Kruse on a couple of points like DHA and Ketosis.

There is a fair amount of information I still need to collate here, but my focus has now actually moved right away from food.

In my opinion, food is merely a tool that is used to allow the body to harvest vast amounts of light energy from the sun which is stored in body-water. Food supplies us with some minerals and vitamins etc, but other than that, it is again simply the tool. The real energy source for all lifeforms on earth (I believe) is sunlight, and humans do not fall outside of this relationship.

The question then becomes: What are the most important factors influence the body's ability to harvest light energy from the sun?:
  • -EMF (because it dehydrates the body at the cellular level)
  • -Blue light (due to it's direct effects on the mitochondria
  • -Water quality
  • -Infrared, UVA + UVB Sunlight exposure
  • -Circadian biological integrity

Notice that types of food isn't on that list? This is not because food isn't 'important' in their own sense, but simply because its not THAT important for maintaining a state of health and wellbeing. Health speakers talk about diet as if it is the "be all and end all", when that never made sense to me. If food was the "be all and end all", then how do some of the oldest living populations eat diets high in carbohydrates, fructose, gluten, and dairy? Usually, the answer is that they live in an environment where they are connected to the ground, they spend a lot of time outside, and their home is not plagued by artificial technology and EMF.

That is where I am at ATM with all of this anyway... There will be a couple more technical post up soon.

Biological Semiconduction and introduction to Collagen

Semiconduction Basics

From Wikipedia
Semiconductors are crystalline or amorphous solids with distinct electrical characteristics.[1] They are of high resistance — higher than typical resistance materials, but still of much lower resistance than insulators. Their resistance decreases as their temperature increases, which is behavior opposite to that of a metal. Finally, their conducting properties may be altered in useful ways by the deliberate, controlled introduction of impurities ("doping") into the crystal structure, which lowers its resistance but also permits the creation of semiconductor junctions between differently-doped regions of the extrinsic semiconductor crystal. The behavior of charge carriers which include electrons, ions and electron holes at these junctions is the basis of diodes, transistors and all modern electronics.

Semiconductor devices can display a range of useful properties such as passing current more easily in one direction than the other, showing variable resistance, and sensitivity to light or heat. Because the electrical properties of a semiconductor material can be modified by doping, or by the application of electrical fields or light, devices made from semiconductors can be used for amplification, switching, and energy conversion.
The modern understanding of the properties of a semiconductor relies on quantum physics to explain the movement of charge carriers in a crystal lattice.[2]

Doping greatly increases the number of charge carriers within the crystal. When a doped semiconductor contains mostly free holes it is called "p-type", and when it contains mostly free electrons it is known as "n-type". The semiconductor materials used in electronic devices are doped under precise conditions to control the concentration and regions of p- and n-type dopants. A single semiconductor crystal can have many p- and n-type regions; the p–n junctions between these regions are responsible for the useful electronic behavior.

Here is a useful video explaining the concept and some images below:

https://youtu.be/5ZNeDxfgYAE
intrin2.gif

pnsem.gif

Biological Semiconduction

Orthopaedic surgeon Robert O Becker was one of the first scientists to demonstrate in the 1950s-60s bone’s piezoelectric qualities and is famous for his experiments performed on salamanders which identified regenerative DC electric currents responsible for limb regeneration and possible healing in other animals.

His experiments consisted of measuring the voltages along the bodies of different animals (including humans), which led to the discovery of a complex field that followed the arrangement of the nervous system. There were high positive electrical potentials on the skin covering the brain and spinal cord, with the potential becoming increasingly negative the further away it was measured from the central core. The maximum negative potentials were found at the tip of the peripheral limbs such as the hands, feet, and tail (in animals).

positive_body_potentials.jpg

He was interested in finding out whether there was any electrical basis responsible for facilitating limb regeneration in salamanders, so he further experimented with amputating the legs/arms off of both salamanders and frogs to record any electrical differences between the two animals. Becker found that the negative polarity of the stump rapidly reversed to positive at +23 millivolts immediately after the amputation injury in both frogs and salamanders. He then proceeded to measure the voltages at the site of injury over the next few days, and discovered that between the 6th and 10th day, the electrical polarity of the salamander’s stump reversed again to -30mV, while the frog’s stump remained positively charged. As the frog’s stump was beginning to heal over with scar tissue, the salamander’s limb was in the process of fully regenerating. As time went on, both groups of limbs gradually returned to an original baseline of -10 millivolts negative and equalled out after 30 days had passed. The final results showed that the major difference between the frog’s injury healing and the salamander’s regenerating limb was the electrical polarity of the site of injury. In short, positive charge allowed for the formation of scar tissue, whereas a strong negative charge induced complete regeneration and healing.

salamander_frog.jpg

With these results, Becker could see that the negative DC electrical potential was somehow responsible for the dedifferentiation of the cells in the salamander’s limb which subsequently allowed the limb to regenerate. This led him to believe that the negative DC current may be at the route of the body’s ability to heal, regenerate, and facilitate communication. The main question at this point however, was: Where did the negative injury current originate?

Utilizing the literature on solid-state electronics at that time, Becker suspected that the “injury current” may be semiconducting, since metallic or ionic conduction did not seem plausible. He acquired test equipment (based on the Hall effect) designed to indirectly measure semiconduction by detecting a Hall voltage, and began experimenting once again on the amputated limbs of salamanders. He then went on the successfully show that there was a semiconducting current, but only when the salamander was conscious. In a state of deep anaesthesia, both the Hall Voltage and the DC voltage across the limb was zero.

To look for further evidence of biological semiconduction, direct testing was required. Due to testing restrictions, the only possible biological substance available to Becker was bone tissue, so he and his colleagues began experimentation on small segments of human bone. They soon learned that bone was piezoelectric.

Piezoelectricity is the ability of a material to transform mechanical stress into electrical energy. For example, bending a piezoelectric crystal enough to slightly deform its structure generates a pulse of current which runs through it. How this works in basic terms: The mechanical stress “pops” electrons out of their original place in the crystal lattice of the piezoelectric material. The electrons then migrate toward the compression to cause a build-up of negative charge on the inside curve of the bent structure. When the mechanical pressure is released, an equal but opposite positive pulse appears as the electrons bounce back to their original position.

When Becker and colleagues experimented with bending bone, negative charges were detected on the compressed side, and positive on the stretched side, just as occurs in piezoelectricity. However, the reversed potentials measured were significantly lower than the first potentials, which indicated that there was a solid-state rectifier (PN junction diode). In electronics, a rectifier is basically a filter screening out either positive or negative parts of a signal. In semiconduction, current flows through the crystal lattice either as free electrons (negative ‘N type’) or “holes” shifting positions (positive ‘P type’). Current can flow from a P-type to an N-type semiconductor (but not the other way), so a junction between the two filters (rectifies) the current.

After further experimentation, Becker and co found that bone was in fact a biphasic semiconductor (two parts), composed of collagen (as the P-type semiconductor) and apatite crystal (the N-type semiconductor), with the connected surface forming a natural PN junction diode. Furthermore, they then showed that when bone was exposed to an external light source, it began to emit its own photons in the IR and visible light part of the spectrum. This meant that bone was also a light emitting diode (LED). In order to carry a semiconducting current and to modulate its function according, the human body “dopes” the system by adding copper ions.

bone_photon.jpg

According to Jack Kruse:

What is doping?

Tiny impurities in a semi conductor can change its characteristics enormously. It does this by altering the amount of electrons in the electron cloud in the crystalline lattice. That is what doping does. You can alter electromagnetic properties of semi conductors by altering the atomic lattice with ions. It changes the dielectric point of the semiconductor in some fashion. In general, the polarization of a dielectric material is microscopic electrostatic strain in response to a macroscopic electrostatic stress. An external field applied to a dielectric can’t make charges move macroscopically, but it can stretch and distort them microscopically.

What is piezoelectricity?

It is the electric charge that accumulates in certain solid materials (notably crystals, bone, DNA, certain ceramics, and many various proteins) in response to applied mechanical stress of compression or stress placed upon it. Virtually all tissues of the body generate these piezoelectric currents. This information is then harmonically or electrically conducted through a living matrix of nanotubes that connect every part of every cell in the tissue syncytium. The goal is to connect the system electrically to allow the body structure to completely remodel itself to loads placed upon the organism.

Becker believed that apatite would be the crystalline lattice for semiconduction in bone because it was a “hard crystal”. Most people fall prey to that line of thinking when they visualize how biology would use a semiconductor. Their experiments showed their hypothesis was dead wrong. It was collagen that was the P-type semiconductor instead, that was the crystalline lattice. It meant that the protein in all of our cells act as a semiconductors in organ systems! The protein in bone is collagen. Collagen is formed as chains (short pieces of thread) which twists into triple helices (strings). These line up and are bonded together into ropes (fibrils). The fibrils then are arranged in layers, and apatite mineral crystals (calcium hydroxy apatite) will deposit between the layers, only if “structured water” from the perineural currents and copper ions are present in a precise mortar and tenon construct to form a biologic semiconductor called a SQUID. Bone even uses a technique called doping between its positive and negative nodes using copper ions as pegs that bond the two sites to make electron conduction almost 100% efficient for energy transference.

The Tensegrity System: Collagen semiconduction and coherent information transfer

From “The Genie in your Genes” by Dawson Church, Ph.D.
“The tendons are composed of twisted collections of collagen bundles, each composed of collagen fibers. Collagen fibers are composed of collagen fibrils, assemblies of molecules secreted outside of specialized connective tissue cells called fibroblasts. Taken as a whole, the connective tissue system is the largest organ of the body.

Yet the simplicity and ubiquity of the connective tissue system masks and important characteristic: connective tissue fibers are arranged in highly regular arrays. There is a name for a highly regular parallel array of molecules, whether it’s in liquid or solid form: it’s called a crystal. The collagenous molecules in which all your organs are encased function as a system of liquid crystals. Crystals – highly ordered arrays of molecules – are found in several different kinds of tissue, including: the DNA in genes; the photosensitive rod and cone cells at the back of the eye; the myelin sheath of nerve cells; the collagen molecules that make us connective tissue; muscle tissue’s densely packed molecules of actin and myosin; the phospholipids of cell membranes.

The crystalline structure of the collagen molecules that make up your connective tissue has a remarkable property: it is a semiconductor. Semiconductors are not only able to conduct energy, in the way the wiring system in your house conducts electricity very quickly from one point to another. They are also able to conduct information; think of your high-speed internet connection. Besides many other properties, semiconductors are also able to store energy, amplify signals, filter information, and to move information in one direction but not in another.
In other words, the connective tissue system can also process information, like the semiconductor chips in your computer. Your connective tissue system is well suited for the task of conveying both energy and information, because it connects every part of your body to every other part.

Think of the communication possibilities of this structure: every organ of your body is encased within the body’s largest organ, which functions as a liquid crystal semiconductor in the form of the connective tissue system. Another property of connective tissue is that it is a piezoelectric substance [a substance that] when compressed, generates electricity. The piezoelectric constant of a dry tendon, for example, is nearly the same for a quartz crystal.
[…]
Cell biologists studying collagen reductively would miss these unique properties. Broken down into individual collagen molecules, connective tissue does not have the same characteristics; it takes its collection into a parallel array structure to produce its ability to conduct and store energy. The electrical properties of the connective tissue also explains how cells can communicate much faster than the speed of neural transmission.

From Dr Mae Wan Ho's "Collagen Water Structure revealed"

“Collagen is the main protein in connective tissues of animals and the most abundant protein in mammals. Connective tissues contain a lot of water; soft connective tissues (all apart from bones and cartilage) are typically 60 to 70 percent of water by weight. The proteins together with the water form a liquid crystalline matrix in which every single cell in the body is embedded, which makes connective tissues the ideal medium for intercommunication, as I have suggested in my book The Rainbow And The Worm.

In traditional Chinese medicine, a system of acupuncture meridians are supposed to transport qi or living energy to every part of the body, but all attempts to locate the meridians to anatomical structures have failed. A colleague and I proposed in 1998 that the acupuncture meridians may be the structured water aligned with collagen in the connective tissues, and that the qi may be positive electric currents carried by the jump-conduction of protons through the hydrogen bonds of the water molecules aligned along the collagen fibres. Evidence for the idea has been accumulating since.”

She further states in The Wholiness of Water

“Decades of bombarding water with X-rays and neutron beams have convinced most scientists that there is no long-range order in water. And although extended networks of hydrogen-bonded molecules are present, these networks are simply the result of local interactions between molecules at close range.

However, other measurement techniques are beginning to yield results suggesting that bodies of water behave as coherent wholes, in other words, their collective structure extends globally to all the molecules. One such technique, NMR (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance), measures chemical shifts of the nuclei of certain atoms by their response to radio waves when placed in a strong magnetic field.

The atomic nucleus in a molecule is influenced by other particles that are charged and in motion. NMR spectroscopy can therefore distinguish one nucleus from another and reveal the chemical surroundings of a nucleus. The NMR chemical shift is known to be very sensitive to intra- and intermolecular factors, and hence capable of give information concerning collective phases of molecules.
[…]
This global phase transition, involving the entire solution, can be explained by changes in water structure occurring as a result of changes in the hydrogen bond strength, due to changes in electrolyte concentration, and “electron delocalisation throughout the liquid”. In other words, dissolving salts in water changes the structure of water globally as a whole.

Recommended reading:
  • "The Body Electric" by Robet O. Becker & Gary Selden,
  • "Light in Shaping Life" by Roeland Van Wijk
  • "EMF" blog series by Jack Kruse
  • "Energy & Epigenetics" blog series by Jack Kruse
  • "Tensegrity" blog series by Jack Kruse

Biophotonic Communication and Photobiotic Nutrition Part 1

The last post briefly focused on the cytoskeletal tensegrity system, composed of tubulin-microtubules and triple helical collagen fibrils surrounded by water hydration-shells which connect every single cellular component to one another across the whole of the body to somehow facilitate near-instant coherent information transfer.

This post will examine exactly how this process is believed to occur. In short: via biophotonic light emission. The cellular components absorb photons from the environment and later utilise that stored light energy as: 1. emission - a method of communicating with other cells and structures at the speed of light. 2. a source of cellular energy to fuel biochemical processes. Science is now showing that the body is essentially a "light being" (in the words of a number of experts in the field - which is strikingly similar to previous statements made by the C's).

The topic was first touched upon on this forum in 2007 on a thread called The Field - Important Findings Valuable to All!, where Laura quoted a passage from a book called "The Field" by Lynne Mctaggert. If you are not familiar with biophoton theory, I would recommend going back to that thread and reading that particular passage.

So what are Biophotons?

The word “biophotons” is used to denote a permanent spontaneous photon emission from all living systems. It displays a few up to some hundred photons /(s.cm2) within the spectral range from at least 260-800 nm. It is closely linked to delayed luminescence (DL) of biological tissues which describes the long term and ultra weak reemission of photons after exposure to light illumination. During relaxation DL turns continuously into the steady state biophoton emission, where both, DL and biophoton emission exhibit mode coupling over the entire spectrum…..Biological phenomena like intracellular and intercellular communication, cell growth and differentiation, interactions among biological systems and microbial infections can be understood in terms of biophotons.

~R. P. Bajpai

...German biophysicist Fritz Albert Popp, Ph.D., a Nobel Prize winner in physics, who investigated the relationship between coherence and the biophoton energy in our cells. Popp used highly sensitive light-measuring equipment to monitor the light emitted by living cells. He was able to confirm that living cells emit small bursts of light. He determined that cells do not just radiate light, they also absorb light. In fact, the storage time is relative to the quality of the cell. Therefore, a healthy cell will store light the longest, while an unhealthy cell will give off the light in a shorter time. He also discovered that the dying process of a cell is identical to that of a star. Shortly before its death, it will change into a supernova, whereby its radiation increases a thousand-fold, He further discovered that a healthy cell radiates coherent light, while a diseased cell radiates chaotic light.

According to Prof. Popp, every cell in our body receives coherent light, stores coherent light, and emits coherent light. The most basic sub-molecular component of our body is made up of particles of light called biophotons. These biophotons, traveling at the speed of light, make up the electromagnetic frequency patterns that are found in every living organism. This matrix or field of frequency oscillations or resonance specificity provides the energetic switch-boarding behind every cellular function, including DNA/RNA messenger. Cell membranes scan and convert signals into electromagnetic events as proteins within the cell’s bi-layer that change shape to vibrations of specific resonant frequencies. Every biochemical reaction is proceeded by an electromagnetic signal. Cells communicate both electromagnetically and chemically and create biochemical pathways that interconnect with all functions of the body.

Taken from: Frequency Fields at the Cellular Level by Stephen Linsteadt, NHD

Next up here is a useful article which provides some valuable context

All matter in the universe is composed of atoms and their corresponding protons and electrons. Atoms are electrically and magnetically charged particles of matter in constant motion. This particle motion is in wave patterns or frequencies. All matter has identifiable and unique inherent frequencies.

The electric and magnetic fields of atoms have different frequencies because photons in atoms are emitted/absorbed by electrons, which are in complex motion. An electron emits a photon stream while orbiting and spinning, in a corkscrew or helix stream of photons. Photons (light quanta) are a mass transfer mechanism. The flowing particles or flux quanta (photon) exchange mass due to their motion resulting in an electric and a magnetic field.

The weak wavelength photons represented by the radio wave frequency range of the electromagnetic spectrum have the ability to effect biomatter. Radio frequency energy and light act on the outer electrons in matter. Applied energy fields causing electron excitation on individual atoms into a higher energy state produce radio waves. When electrons move back down to a lower energy level, they release photons.

The hydrogen atom, the most abundant atom in the universe, is in itself a source of radio emission. In the hydrogen atom, the hyperfine splitting of its ground state: there is a small difference in energy (5.9 x 10-6 eV) for a neutral hydrogen atom in its ground state depending whether the proton and electron spins are aligned. When the atom changes from one state to another a radio photon with a l = 0.21m is produced.

Hydrogen atoms are also very abundant in the human body especially in the fat and water of human tissue. Approximately 63% of all atoms in the human body are hydrogen atoms due to the human body’s high water content.

The action of the MRI on the hydrogen atoms in human tissue provide us with a visual example of how radio waves, close to the frequency of ordinary FM radio stations, can effect biomatter. Radio waves used in MRI imaging cause the hydrogen atom nucleus to flip in its spin and change alignment. The nuclei then relax and re-emit the radio waves at different frequencies depending on the chemical environment of the molecule. When the radio waves are turned off, the nuclei return to the state of low energy, returning to their natural position and give off photons. The photons produce energy signals that are analyzed by a receiver in the MRI machine.

Sound waves of radio frequencies are also waves of mechanical energy creating pressure that oscillates particles of matter within its path. Vibrations emitted from sound energy have the ability to synchronize oscillating matter with like frequencies or corresponding harmonics.

One example of the synchronization of oscillating matter in biological tissue is the effect on the human eardrum (tympanic membrane) of sound wave pressure moving through the atmosphere, causing the three bones of the middle ear to resonate. The terminal bone of the three-bone array, the stapes or stirrup, oscillates a flexible layer of tissue at the base of the cochlea. This pressure sends waves rippling along the basilar membrane, stimulating some of its hair cells. These hair cells send out a rapid-fire code of electrical signals about the frequency, intensity and duration of a sound through auditory nerve fibers that run from the base of these hair cells to the center of the cochlea. From there, the electrical signals travel to the brain, where they are interpreted as sound.

Entrainment is the mutual phase locking, or synchronization, of two oscillating entities of matter. Harmonic entrainment is the process whereby oscillators of different frequencies develop a harmonic relationship between the two frequencies.

Resonant entrainment of oscillating systems is a principle of physics. If a tuning fork designed to produce a frequency of 400 Hz is struck (causing it to oscillate) and then brought into the vicinity of another 400 Hz tuning fork, the second tuning fork will begin to oscillate at the same frequency. The first tuning fork is said to have entrained the second or caused it to resonate.

The physics of entrainment of biological systems is illustrated in the electromagnetic activity of brain waves. The electrochemical activity of the brain results in the production of electromagnetic wave forms that can be objectively measured with sensitive equipment. Brain waves change frequencies based on neural activity within the brain. Because neural activity is electrochemical, brain function can be modified through the introduction of specific chemicals (drugs), by altering the brain’s electromagnetic environment through induction or through resonant entrainment techniques.

Cells are highly structured, electrically charged entities that can be modeled as solid-state electronic systems. Their frequency windows can be tuned to receive incoming signals, amplify instructions through biological polymers and respond as frequency transmitters. Cells will respond to any energy stimulus. They will obey the established laws of physics that govern the effects of matter and its relationship to energy fields from any source, such as electrical signals, magnetic fields, electromagnetic fields and heat, light and acoustic resonance. Given the cell’s integrated semiconductor nature, they conduct and process incoming vibrational stimuli converting energy from one form to another.

The intracellular structure with its cytoskeleton is attached to the nuclear envelope that interfaces with the nucleosome of chromatin with DNA wrapped around the histones in the nucleolus, within the nucleus of the cell. Thus, the cell’s nucleus and its contents are a matrix within a matrix. In the cell, the filaments and fibers of the cytoskeleton extend beyond the cell surface across the cell membrane, linking systems together with molecular structures such as glycoproteins, anchor proteins, integrins, cahadrins and proteoglycans. These molecular proteins form a network of continuous tensional communication structures linking matrix to matrix to matrix throughout the biological system.

The tissue matrix system consisting of the nuclear matrix, cytoskeleton and extracellular matrix function coherently to sense and respond to stimuli. The membrane proteins of the extracellular matrix serve as transfer stations that control attachment, enzymatic activity, intercellular joining, cell-cell recognition and signal transduction. The water molecules on the surface of these membrane proteins provide the electro conductive surface that propagates energy fields.

The most abundant protein in the extracellular matrix is collagen. Collagen fibers provide the structural adhesion from cell to cell within their biological systems. These collagen fibers are composed of chains wound around each other in an array of triple helical collagen fibrils forming a super helix. Collagen fibers and their bound water molecules act as a network of communication conductors among cells by means of piezoelectric interactions and phonon / photon transduction of electromagnetic signals throughout the body. These conductors connect matrix to matrix to all other matrices everywhere else in a dynamic communication network of energy transfer. These molecular arrays of collagen fibers, with their liquid crystalline semiconductor properties, generate the piezoelectric potentials that act as a self-regulating signal system to modify the response of the lattice structure of tissues to mechanical vibrations and stress. These crystalline lattice-like structures of the living matrix include the lipids of cell membranes, actin and myosin molecules of muscle fibers, components of the cytoskeleton as well as the collagen molecules of connective tissue.

These highly structured matrices form a coherent pathway allowing oscillations to move extremely rapidly throughout the matrix system. Physicist Herbert Frohlick (1968) was among the first to point out that a coherent state in living systems acts as a superconductor at physiological temperatures. He proposed that metabolic energy is not being lost as heat but stored in the form of coherent electromechanical vibrations called coherent excitations. These vibrations now known as Frohlick Oscillations occur at the microwave and visible light frequency range of the electromagnetic spectrum.

” Evidence of the existence of these coherent excitations in biological systems came from the study of biophotons (Popp et al, 1981; Popp, 1986). Nearly every living organism emits light at a steady rate from a few photons per cell per day to several photons per organism per second. Increasing evidence shows that biophotons are emitted from a coherent photon field within living systems, providing proof that organisms are emitters and receivers of coherent electromagnetic signals, which may be essential for their functioning.

— Fritz-Albert Popp. 3rd Cameford Conference. The implications of The Gaia Thesis: Symbiosis, Cooperativity and Coherence, November 1989.

A wide range of electrical and magnetic field frequencies generated by the brain, the heart and the striated and smooth muscle systems continuously flow through the entire body. For example, the heart has a 3-5 Watt contractile power that transmits rhythmic electrical potentials that flow along the neurovascular system. These electrical potentials generate pulsed magnetic fields that can be detected from as far as 4 meters in distance from the body.

Conclusion: the body resonates with bioelectric currents, electromagnetic fields, frequencies, vibrations and energies in the endless interaction of communication within the living matrix. This state of dynamic interactions of resonant energy fields is characterized by heart rhythm coherence that displays a sine wave-like rhythmic pattern inducing entrainment and synchronization between physiological systems. The biological coherence and harmonious functioning of the cardiovascular and neurological system as well as all other systems that comprise the structure and function of the biological system respond to internal and external energy fields — in the homeodynamic endeavor of bioresonant synchronicity.

"Energy Fields in Motion: Bioresonant Synchronicity" by Elizabeth Bauer

Biophotonic Communication and Photobiotic Nutrition Part 2

There is literally heaps of research published on this subject, so it would be silly to try and list all of the papers here. All that needs to be done is a quick "biophoton" search into google scholar. Instead, I have just taken some excerpts from a couple of interesting meta-reviews and papers which outline the research that had been done in the field.

A photon is a discrete packet of energy that can be considered a particle-wave. Its energy is directly related to its wavelength and can be calculated with the following equation:

E=hc/λ(1)E=hc/λ(1)

Where “E” is energy, “h” is Planck’s constant, “c” is the speed of light, and “λ” is wavelength. Photons in the UV to IR range (~200 nm to 1500 nm) have energies ranging from ~6×10−19 J–~2×10−19 J respectively. Higher energy photons have the potential to affect surrounding tissues (Popp, 1979). The interaction of photons and surrounding tissues could occur as the photons behave as quantum particles that interact via EM forces with other quantum particles in matter (Gabrielli et al., 2006).

Several papers and experiments have shown that virtually all living systems display some level of photon emission (Popp, 1979; van Wijk and van Wijk, 2005). Spontaneous UPE from biological systems has been quantified by Popp to be anywhere from 106–107 photons·s−1m−2 of tissue. Biological systems emit photons as a component of multiple chemical processes from (very likely) many sources and mechanisms.

Typically, UPE is a product of the chemical reactions of oxygen, specifically reactive oxygen species (Popp, 1979; Rastogi and Pospísil, 2011). Through experimentation, UPE intensity was shown to be highly dependent upon oxygen levels within the system (Tilbury and Quickenden, 1988; Hideg et al., 1991). In fact, under anaerobic conditions there is virtually no UPE from traditional generators. However it should be noted that reactions of oxygen are not the only source of UPE from cells. With any metabolic reaction there will be the subsequent release of a photon. The ensuing photon release can be a marker for activity. In addition, when an electron jumps from one orbit to another there is the release of a photon. The production, role, and theoretical possibilities associated with UPE have significant implications for biomolecular mechanisms.

Biophoton emissions have been recorded from cell cultures (van Wijk et al., 1993; Dotta et al., 2011a), human subjects (Dotta et al., 2011b; van Wijk and van Wijk, 2005), brain slices (Kobayashi et al., 1999), and bacteria (Quickenden, 1974; Tilbury and Quickenden, 1988). Tilbury and Quickenden (1988) have measured photon emissions from Escherichia coli (E. Coli) during different stages of the growth cycle. In addition to describing photon emission patterns from E. Coli during growth phases, they found different frequencies of photons associated with different phases of the growth cycle. The UV (210–310 nm) spectrum contributed most significantly, along with portions of the visible spectrum (450–620 nm), during the exponential growth phase of the bacteria. During the second component of the growth phase (stationary) only the visible region contributed to UPE. The described time and spectral composition of UPE implies a serial order of biophoton emission during division or cellular process. These results also lend support to Cosic’s Resonant Recognition Model for Macromolecules (Cosic, 1994). This model states that specific macromolecules are associated with an optimal spectrum. If specific cellular processes are associated with specific frequency emission, as found by Tilbury and Quickenden (1988), it may be a product of protein turnover within the cell and demonstrate the Cosic model.

The mitochondria are well-known structures within the cell that are thought to produce UPE (Hideg et al., 1991; Kobayashi et al., 1999). The mitochondria play a major role in many cell functions including: energy production, growth, aging, and even communication. Work by Hideg et al. showed copious amounts of UPE from mitochondria of a spinach leaf. Mitochondria induced photon emission was abolished with the administration of inhibitors like antimycin-A and increased by the drug 1,4-diazabicyclo(2,2,2)-octane (DABCO). Given the effectiveness of these drugs it was deduced that singlet oxygen species play an important role in UPE production from mitochondria.

In addition to this, Work by Wu and Persinger (2011) have shown that light irradiation within IR (880 nm) band can increase cell mobility and stem cell proliferation rate in planaria. Studies by Choi et al. (2012) also found that a conformational change in mammalian cells could be induced with visible light (710 nm) irradiation. Choi’s results indicated an increase in MAP-Kinase (MAPK) activity, and subsequent neurite outgrowth in rat cortical neurons, following an ischemic insult only if there was irradiation of 710 nm light. These two studies demonstrate measurable responses of cells and organisms to induced light application. These responses illustrate that light can potentially influence a biological system.

All of the above work on UPE from cells and metabolic reactions demonstrate how common biophoton emissions are within and between living systems. Within and outside the cell there may be a consistent bath of photon radiation distributed across infrared, visible, and ultraviolet wavelengths that interact with neighboring cells. One important question involves the extent, that is, the ultimate impact, from which photons from one cell can influence the photons and hence the associated biomolecular responses in another cell.

~ Electromagnetic fields as structure-function zeitgebers in biological systems: environmental orchestrations of morphogenesis and consciousness by N. Rouleau & B. T. Dotta

Weak Biophoton emissions have been discovered in everything from plant seeds to fruit flies. Humio Inaba has noticed in study after study that distressed and diseased cells emit significantly more photons than adjacent non-injured “healthy “cells. These experiments have been replicated demonstrating that cell injury increases Biophoton production. If you tear a tree leaf, for example, while measuring Biophoton emission, a spiked rise in emission in the tens of thousands (as opposed to a normal range of 1-1000) with what amounts to a light burst occurs. These experiments and others have been conducted by Ken Muldrew, a biophysicist at the University of Calgary in Alberta, Canada. In animal tissue the same phenomena of injured cells increased photon production has also been observed. At the Institute of Physics at the University of Catania in Italy, tumor cells were studied. It was discovered that “mammalian tumor cells ejected photons at rates as high as 1400 per square centimeter per minute-healthy tissues average rates of less than 40.” xxiii[23] Other teams of researchers have found biophoton emission from tumor cells is 4 times higher than surrounding healthy tissue.

Imaging devices to detect disease, although still in development, are within the realm of scientific imagination as useful non-invasive imaging tools. Reiner Vogel, a biophysicist at the University of Freiburg in Germany, says "The emission may give a very sensitive indication of the conditions within a cell and on the functioning of the cellular defense mechanism," Philip Coleridge Smith, a surgeon at University College Medical School in London, agrees. “You could perhaps use biophotons to assess inflammation in tissues, he suggests, which might warn of leg ulcers, for example.”

That injured cells emit more biophotons is well established but some researchers have suggested that biophotons may actually represent some form of communication between cells. In the 1990’s, Guenter Albrecht-Buehler, a biophysicist at Northwestern University Medical School in Chicago conducted experiments with near infrared (850 nm=.850 µm-Near infrared=(0.75–1.4 µm=micrometer)) directing light onto cell-sized latex beads, which were situated near mouse fibroblast cells (connective tissue cells). The latex beads would project this infrared light towards the mouse fibroblast cells. The mouse cells reached toward the light emitted from the cell sized beads with their Pseudopodia ((false feet) are temporary projections of eukaryotic cells). The mouse cells even began moving towards the light source (latex beads) with some rotating 180º swiveling and moving toward the infrared light. The power and wavelength of the light source produced virtually no heat to direct the cellular movement or behavior. The light alone seems the cause of the cellular behavior. If two light sources were presented at equal intensities the cell would respond to both as if to see two distinct light emissions. In yet another experiment Albrecht-Buehler studied elongated hamster cells xxiv[24]. First he spread the cells onto one side of a glass pane and they grew parallel to one another. Then he spread the cells in two thin layers on opposite sides of a glass pane with a section in between which could accommodate a filter. Without a filter the hamster cells grew at 45º to one another. When an infrared filter (blocks infrared light emission from one side to the other) was added the cells on either side of the glass pane demonstrated random orientations.

The aforementioned and other cumulative research prompts Albrecht-Buehler to speculate on the meaning. Perhaps this infrared light is emitted represents cell-to-cell communication to help determine orientation, either parallel if next to each other or criss-cross if on opposing sides. The criss cross pattern is adaptive because it provides extra strength. Is there some kind of eye within the cell that detects light? Albrecht-Buehler speculates that the centrioles within the cell are potentially light sensitive because he says their microtubule cylindrical structure creates slanted blades, which act like blinds, allowing light in but only from certain angles. This arrangement could act as a photoreceptor to determine which direction
the photons emanate. The microtubules-hollow filaments could act as fiber optics to direct light from the periphery of the centrioles to the core. Are cells talking to each other? Albrecht-Buehler guesses that embryos might signal their position with photons and receives information for other cells to know how and where they fit into the developing body. If this signally system like a language could be learned could be redirect cancer cells to stop growing or enhance would healing, or send signals to perform unforeseen tasks.

~Ultra-weak Photon (Biophoton ) Emissions (UPE)-Background Information by Ted Nissen

The mechanism and properties of bio-photon emission and absorption in bio-tissues were studied using Pang’s theory of bio-energy transport, in which the energy spectra of protein molecules are obtained from the discrete dynamic equation. From the energy spectra, it was determined that the protein molecules could both radiate and absorb bio-photons with wavelengths of <3 μm and 5–7 μm, consistent with the energy level transitions of the excitons. These results were consistent with the experimental data; this consisted of infrared absorption data from collagen, bovine serum albumin, the protein-like molecule acetanilide, plasma, and a person’s finger, and the laser-Raman spectra of acidity I-type collagen in the lungs of a mouse, and metabolically active Escherichia coli. We further elucidated the mechanism responsible for the non-thermal biological effects produced by the infrared light absorbed by the bio-tissues, using the above results. No temperature rise was observed; instead, the absorbed infrared light promoted the vibrations of amides as well the transport of the bio-energy from one place to other in the protein molecules, which changed their conformations. These experimental results, therefore, not only confirmed the validity of the mechanism of bio-photon emission, and the newly developed theory of bio-energy transport mentioned above, but also explained the mechanism and properties of the non-thermal biological effects produced by the absorption of infrared light by the living systems.

~The mechanism and properties of bio-photon emission and absorption in protein molecules in living systems by Xiao-feng Pang

Fascinating summaries, Keyhole. Thanks for continuing to put all this together. I've been interested in this kind of research for a long time. There are definitely great potential uses for health (treatment and prevention) when the understanding of these systems of communication increases (at least potentially / in theory - considering the corruption of science, particularly medicine, in all its aspects). Even lay people like us can eventually have better tools to experiment with to see what health, cognitive, etc. benefits we can gain from this type of approach at some point.

I appreciate your commitment to bringing more light to these issues. All data being collected is valuable for future analysis purposes. One thing I'd like to propose is that the full understanding of biological systems in the largest context of information (information theory) and consciousness will continue to be distorted / obstacles thrown at innovative researchers, etc. by the mainstream, because of the extreme materialistic, mechanistic dogma entrenched for the last couple of centuries in the scientific establishment.

As important as experiments and data collection in understanding the underlying mechanisms of these things are (communication, energy transfer, etc.), the mainstream sources will keep a mechanistic and compartmentalized approach, in all probability, resulting in not opening up more branches of science to collaborate and share the latest findings to further the knowledge of all. Just some thoughts about the problems of really getting accelerated scientific understanding of biological systems (as opposed to non-biological physics, for example) because of the entrenched paradigm / philosophical framework (which has nothing to do with science and is ideologically based) of the scientific establishment which controls most of scientific activity / study.

By the way, I recently read in a Chinese Massage Handbook published in 1997 that the system of Meridians that has been well-documented in Chinese Traditional Medicine for over the past 4300 years, had been confirmed in "recent years" (at the time of publishing - '97) by scientific experiments which show that the Meridians have a different electric potential from the surrounding tissues. Using precision instruments that measure very small electrical currents, the precise routes of these energetic pathways - Meridians - and their Qi-points had been traced, and found to correspond to those on ancient Chinese Meridian charts. As the Meridians are not physical channels like veins and arteries are for blood, they can't be examined by dissection, for example. But they definitely show a system of pathways that match the Chinese system by the study subtle electric activity.

Below are two fascinating lectures which cover the topic of biophoton theory and the effect of light on human physiology. I highly recommend watching both in full. For those who do not have the time to watch the lectures, I have taken some notes from the first part of the first lecture which I will post here.

International Light Association 2016 Conference - Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt - Photopheresis, heavy metal toxicity and immune mobilisation

https://youtu.be/ePY73ozlnI8

Notes:

Overview

- Dying patients emit photonic energy: Fritz A. Popp showed that as the patient was dying, a condensed ball of light lifted up, stayed in the room for two days, then left. When an organism dies it emits large amounts of light (biophotons)

- Photons are information carriers. Popp theorized that 1 single photon able to store virtually infinite bits of information

- Photons are utilised for cell communication. Biophotons are in a coherent state, as opposed to chaotic, incoherent thermal vibrations

- Biophoton field utilizes standing waves, polarized light, constructive/destructive interferences, phase shifts and phase modulation, amplitude and frequency modulation, squeezed light

- In every cell over 100,000 biochemical reactions take place per second and are regulated by metabolic enzymes. Biology asks how is this regulated? Intelligence - can it be done by chemistry alone or electricity? Simply too slow. The sheer speed and complexity of these communications must take place near the speed of light to occur.

- "This incredibly complex, complicated and phantastic concert is orchestrated and regulated by the biophoton field (not be sequenced biochemical reactions or by electric fields)

- Information transfer, piggyback on the biophoton beam, is bi-directional: with the speed of light every cell is informed what is going on in every other cell in the body. These communications turn on/off cellular processes, regulate epigenetic expression

- Light conducting subsystems in the body : The water matrix in the body, the facia network, tubulin proteins, collagen, and many other tissues. Tubulin scaffholding present in all tissues of the body and an all connected fiber-optic light network. The fascia is also an all connective light conductive system that connects all structures in the body.

- Tubulin protein is a light receptor and a conductor, found in the skin and optic nerve. Has no beginning and no end. Light absorbed exits via the tubulin matrix network into the rest of the cell.

- Connective tissue is a fibre optic system.

- Biophoton field is in contact with the outside world (including higher invisible planes of existence) and also the inside of the body - in contact with every tissue and fluid, every cell and enzyme and protein. The field informs proteins/enzymes/ DNA and epigenetic regulatory mechanisms.

- The field is influenced by internal and external influences. Light, food and internal emotional states constitute information for the system.

- The structure of each metabolic enzyme's structure houses "loops" such as the Met20 Loop, F-G Loop, and G-H Loop, are monochromatic light receptors. The proteins are positioned ON tubulin network. These enzymes are all connected to this network, the light stimulates enzymatic reactions via stimulating light receptors.

- Central storage facility and emitter of light is chromatin of the DNA. DNA spiral contracts and each time it contracts it either absorbs a photon or emits a photon to transfer information - several billion times per second. Wifi+nnEMF disrupts this process.

- DNA controls light metabolism, works with other light active molecules, together constitute light metabolism

HOW DOES THE BODY ORIGINALLY ACQUIRE PHOTON ENERGY?

Light comes from the sun - enters the system via the skin, eyes, breath and nutrition. Light information is also stored in food (real food). Popp showed that GMOs DO NOT contain biophotons and are dead.

Light conductive structures and subsystems conduct sunlight and light from other organsism to the nucleus of each cell. Microtubulin is the most researched : Microscopic hollow cyllinders connecting the skin, nerves, and matrix with each cell. The contact and activate cell wall receptors, penetrate the cell wall and guide the photons to the DNA inside nucleus of the cell.

Definition of a dysfunctional organ/body compartment : It loses its ability to polarise light and to organise their light emissions in a way that they are able to be used for communication and orchestrating bodily functions. The coherence of the information transfer decreases. The more "chaotic emission of light" the sicker the body region is

The next lecture is by world-leading expert in photobiology, Dr Alexander Wunsch. I have not had time to take notes on this one just yet, but I will post it up anyway and make some notes tomorrow.

https://vimeo.com/147439703

Back
Top Bottom