Collingwood's Idea of History & Speculum Mentis

Laura said:
nature said:
I've just began IoH.
This part caught my attention, from P 98
<snip>

Why a human can't do both tasks? It reminds me of the brain's splitting (corpus callosum) and leads me to 2 questions:
- Is an under-development of this corpus is one of the reasons why we don't have a mosaic view? (other reason can be the underdevelopment of our prefrontal area).

- Our corpus callosum is less developped than the successfull psychopaths', making us less succesfull in certain domains, fields, then disadvantaged compared to them. Ex: they are keen on calculating, planning, observing details, etc. Is there a means to develop our corpus callosum (increasing neurons synapses towards the other hemisphere, and neurotransmitters flow?
I'm looking forward to reading other books recommended (on brain anatomy), maybe I'll have a clue?

Yes, the other books discuss this issue of the corpus callosum - can't recall if it is Raine or Fallon - I think it may be Fallon who goes into it specifically. Apparently, you don't want a thicker CC.

Here is what Raine specifically writes about it in Anatomy of Violence:

What is in the middle is the corpus callosum— a colossal body of over 200 million nerve fibers that connect your two cerebral hemispheres. These fibers— the corona radiata— radiate out from the very center of your brain to the outer areas of your cerebral hemispheres, interconnecting many different brain regions. We measured the volume of the corpus callosum and its corona radiata and found that this volume is much bigger in psychopaths with antisocial personality disorder. It was also longer. And thinner too. A long, thin body of white matter. It’s as if there is too much connectivity in the brains of psychopaths— too much cross talk between the two hemispheres.

...In many of us, the left hemisphere is largely responsible for language processing— language is strongly lateralized to the left hemisphere. But in psychopaths it’s more of a mix of both left and right hemispheres. This might be why they seem to be so adept in their verbal skills. They have two hemispheres— not one— that they can utilize for language processing. This in turn could be due to a larger, better communicating corpus callosum.

Too little corpus callosum is also a problem.

The brain ends up externalizing or giving wrong reasoning for feelings or thoughts as they found out with the CC cut for treatment of epilepsy.

The Bicameral Mind theory centers around the CC connection.
There's the idea that when the CC wasn't as functional as it is now, the other side of the brain used "voices" or "visions" to communicate through visual or auditory centers to parts of the brain that it could not directly talk to.

In an older sott article, it's also implicated in the cases of people in stressful situations, such as being lost seeing a loved one that somehow guides them in the right direction back. If we think of it as a part of the brain that lost direct communication, but had answers on orientation/directions, that is an amazing way of the brain to communicate. But for some this is damaged like in schizophrenia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicameralism_(psychology)

Thank you Altair, for this extract from Raine's!

By the way, I just dropped on this C's session from 9 oct 1994.
It's wonderful how we can see clearer by gathering info left and right. Thank you Laura, again!

Q: (L) Could you describe to me the true meaning of the Osirian cycle. What was the symbology of the killing of Osiris and the cutting up of the body?

A: Removal of knowledge centers.

Q: (L) Knowledge centers in what?

A: Your DNA.

Q: (L) So, the breaking up of Osiris' body represents the breaking up of the DNA in our bodies?

A: Partly. Also means knowledge capacity reduction.

Q: (L) What was the symbology of the throwing of the phallus into the river and it's being eaten by three fishes?

A: Sexual violence energy introduction.

Q: (L) What did Isis searching for her lord Osiris symbolize?

A: Separation of female energy from male energy union.

Q: (L) Does this have anything to do with brain activity?

A: Yes. The separating of the hemispheres of the brain.

Q: (L) Was this achieved through DNA modification?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) What did the son of Isis, Horus, represent?

A: New reality of limitation.

Q: (L) What is the meaning of Horus avenging himself upon Set, the murderer of his father, Osiris?

A: Beginning of perpetual conflict energy to limit humanity.

Q: (L) Who did Set represent?

A: War.

Q: (L) What war?

A: All.

Q: (L) You say that part of what was done to the human race was that our capacity to retain or absorb knowledge was reduced genetically, was there anything done to Frank or I either before or after birth in this regard?

A: In process of altering to make smarter. Ongoing since conception. Capacity for processing information will increase exponentially.

Q: (L) You mean we are going to get smarter than we already are?

A: Much. [Much laughter]

It sounds like just going on those few posts, that psychopaths are simply smarter so that they can dominate us, not necessarily that their CC is what is the cause of their psychopathy.

Merci Trytofly, pour votre recherche et partage, je viens de commander "Chasseur de tueurs de Robert Reissier" chez Price Minister pour 14.59 euros frais de port inclus.

Thank you Trytofly, for your research and sharing, I just ordered "Killer Hunter of Robert Reissier" at Price Minister for 14.59 euros shipping included.

stellar said:
Altair said:
Laura said:
Samenow and Ressler don't give a hoot about the mechanics of the brain in technical terms; they are interested in its output. They don't even care about emotions; they are only concerned with thinking processes. As they point out, it is thoughts that trigger emotions and many - if not most - people operate with serious thinking errors. In many cases, these thinking errors grow and develop over time. That's the scary part.

These "thinking errors", from our perspective, are pretty much just "wishful thinking" and serious dissociating into fantasy. On this, "The Myth of the Out of Character Crime" is the clearest exposition. He uses his notes from interviews to illustrate actual case histories.

There is the same thread of "thinking errors" highlighted in Ressler's book about FBI profiling. In this book, the crimes are a LOT worse than the ones that Samenow writes about. But the same basic cause is highlighted: wishful thinking and dissociation, i.e. thinking errors; the person comes to prefer or believe their fantasies over reality.

It's indeed scary. I was thinking today that if 4D STS are so prone to wishful thinking (as C's constantly repeated) and it appears to be their weakest spot then how much influence it can exert on us humans and how important its counteraction may be if we want to align ourselves with 3D/4D STO?

Upon reading the above brought to mind the July 19 '95 session on what causes individuals to commit crimes. One answer the C's gave was the alteration of blood, body and brain chemistry through the use of ultra-high frequency sound waves. Well, today that seems to be everywhere. The world has gone nuts. And when they specifically mention the black race having a higher level of a hormone secreted by the pituitary gland, which I understood as an adaptation of living in a jungle, so to say, and the survival mode thinking, already that tells me that we are far from and even playing field.

As the 4D knowledge is way above ours in technology, it would be easy to locate and manipulate the pertinent chemicals in the different races to behave a certain way. Then there is the centuries of inter breading and the amount of knowledge they would have on that and its combinations is mind boggling. It does not surprise me that there are so many theories and conclusion, even tentative, about the reasons for 'thinking errors'.

I mean our whole diet regimen including supplements, detox etc. and constant input of knowledge of the truth (obfuscated as it sometimes can be) still leaves us with a helluva lot of work to do on just tuning our machines to basically just make it from day to day. If it weren't for networking we would be screwed if left to our own devices and even then there are constant attacks. Even among participants I constantly see some who just don't seem to be able to grok what may be considered basic need-to-know information and though some do try, it's as if they just can't seem to get past a certain barrier in the brain.

Is it chemical, entrained behaviour/beliefs, genetic (again leads me back to chemical), environmental intellect, or likely a combination that is the cause. We are talking billions of people and the odds do not look like they favour the survival of very many.

Now, as we/Earth transitions to 4D, supposedly we become enabled with the same capabilities mentally, physically, whatever, and we strive toward the greatest possible expression of STO by choice, it is apparently possible to be completely cognisant of all existence according to the C's in the 5 Aug session. Does that mean that STS is still not able to recognise 'wishful thinking' even though they are 'fully cognisant' of the power of thought at that point? So what is the cause of disconnect? What, if any chemicals are influencing their thought patterns at the 4D level?

The C's also say that orientation, STS/STO, has to do with vibrational frequency, the emotional pathway and nothing to do with one's ability to conceive complicated issues and intricate answers. Now, if thoughts create emotions then it stands to reason that specific chemicals which affect the (neurons) thoughts would have to enter the physical body in some way OR the actual energy vibration of the body affects the present chemicals to transform/transmute and feed the new cocktail of chemicals back to affect the thoughts. Then that leads me to possible mutation in the form of reactivating 'junk' DNA her in 3D and which strand ends up creating what new expression mentally and physically, but I'll stop here because....too many pages in the mind screen makes for slightly overwhelmed Stella :lol: My 2 bits FWIW

Again, super duper thread. From the Mosaic Disco Ball point of view type thinking, it may be an error to think that thinking is what determines emotions. You have pretty much laid out the electro-bio-chemical and DNA aspect above. There is also the experiential aspect and sub-conscious aspect to consider as well. Let me esplain.

I was just having a conversation with one of my kids about chakras. He is all about isolating THE ONE chakra or factor that is THE problem. Well, I told him that in any complex system, it can be a mistake to isolate one factor and say "eureka!" given that each factor has an interrelated impact. Even a seemingly minor impact produced by a secondary aspect can throw off an entire system...sort of like how a small O2 sensor can mess up an entire car.

So, certainly there is a line of thought that the mind is aware of on the surface that is associated with a feeling. But that is just the tip of the iceberg, IMO. Did the thought trigger the emotion? Did the situation have the resemblance to an earlier similar experience which then triggered that emotion that was triggered previously? Did my wifi network have an impact? My breakfast? An incomplete past life lesson? An early childhood imprint?

So, I think relegating the cause of emotions to thoughts is too easy, too simple. Now, there CAN be a thought-out analysis of the generation of the emotion but I think it is a cat's cradle of influences where thoughts are tied up with emotions which are tied up with physical factors (the 3 lower centers at play, if you will)

Perhaps all three occur simultaneously?! And it is just a matter of where a person's attention goes as to how it shows up for each individual.

BHelmet said:
So, I think relegating the cause of emotions to thoughts is too easy, too simple. Now, there CAN be a thought-out analysis of the generation of the emotion but I think it is a cat's cradle of influences where thoughts are tied up with emotions which are tied up with physical factors (the 3 lower centers at play, if you will)

Perhaps all three occur simultaneously?! And it is just a matter of where a person's attention goes as to how it shows up for each individual.

Have you read the complete set of texts?

monotonic said:
It sounds like just going on those few posts, that psychopaths are simply smarter so that they can dominate us, not necessarily that their CC is what is the cause of their psychopathy.

monotonic said:
I'm still on the first book, I'll refrain from comment...

Good idea. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Now, something very strange happened today.

Ark is working on some stuff and one of his aims is to be able to explain the "paranormal" mathematically. With that in view, some days ago he ordered a book that he found mentioned by someone else entitled "Quantum Physics and Parapsychology". It is a volume of papers that resulted from an international conference held in Geneve, Switzerland August 26-27, 1974. This book arrived a few days ago and he's been going through it. He found one paper to be of particular interest because it brought in Information Theory. The author is one C.T.K. Chari. He took a look at the author's references and found that he, Ark, was cited! (The paper of Ark's that was cited was on Quantum Logic) That made him curious so he went to the web to find out more about this guy. (you can, too. Start with Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._T._K._Chari )

So, Ark went searching for the paper online and lo and behold, he found cass.org here: http://www.cassiopaea.com/cassiopaea/adventures113.htm There you will see that I quoted Chari. Searching a bit further he found that the CIA had sent its own representative (apparently a physicist) to this conference and had written a report that was declassified in 2003. In this report we read about Chari's paper:

A paper written in the context of philosophy and formal logic without, however, a clear internal organization. It provides no theory clear enough for experimental verification or further development. The principal value of the paper is its numerous citations of recent work in the philosophy of quantum mechanics and in information theory. Indeed this paper reads like an over-abbreviated review article.

You can access this declassified report here: _https://ia801204.us.archive.org/8/items/CIA-RDP96-00787R000200180001-2/CIA-RDP96-00787R000200180001-2.pdf

Needless to say, the idea of "disco ball consciousness" comes to mind... and it seems very possible that Ark was on the CIA's radar rather early and it's no wonder we have faced so many challenges. The CIA is clearly VERY interested in this sort of thing.

ADDED: I forgot to mention that the year following the conference that the CIA attended, Ark was invited to Stony Brook (Brookhaven National Laboratory). He was there in 1975.

Laura said:
BHelmet said:

Working on it -

Laura said:
Needless to say, the idea of "disco ball consciousness" comes to mind... and it seems very possible that Ark was on the CIA's radar rather early and it's no wonder we have faced so many challenges. The CIA is clearly VERY interested in this sort of thing.

ADDED: I forgot to mention that the year following the conference that the CIA attended, Ark was invited to Stony Brook (Brookhaven National Laboratory). He was there in 1975.
I didn't even get to reading this part of the post yet and was already thinking, jeez, how far back have Laura and Ark been on their radar (and others associated); some 20 years even before the C's experiment began. The whole story of 4D's interference with Laura at an early age completely fits in with time travel and interference. I wander what challenges and interferences Ark faced in his childhood.
It makes it even more likely that at some point the convergence of some sort of information and its subsequent release is going to throw a real heavy duty wrench into their plans. When I say convergence, I'm perceiving some sort of mental, emotional and physical advancement/strengthening that is able to withstand all attack. On that point, I also wander if the Wave is actually the 'help' in quantum terms that is going to be doing this charging of strength and resistance. While ignorance is multiplying into entropy, knowledge is growing in brightness.

Laura said:
[..] I think that books, obviously, represent knowledge, and the shelves may represent the architecture of the brain/mind: how that knowledge is assimilated and organized and CONNECTED when the books are stacked "just so" OR each book could represent a different person in a network and how they are connected, or "stacked on the shelf just so.". My impression was that this "organization of knowledge" was a Cosmic Shield.
Anyway, this struck me as another of those strange coincidences when what I am working on from 20 years ago has apparently direct relevance to the present.

Completing the study of the new reading requirements and internalizing the contents - 'into the very atoms of one's psyche' - looks like the way to go! So it becomes one with one's "psychic DNA" and that essential cosmic shield will become active all the time.

Had some difficulty reading your quoted excerpts due to tears welling up in my eyes distorting the letters.

I got The Idea of History on Kindle, looking forward to reading it. I really want to do the Work, even as it evolves from Gurdjieff to Collingwood and the others.

Back
Top Bottom