Comet Elenin

from the new Session 11 June 2011 with the C's:

Q: (Psyche) There are some religions that say that you have to be vegetarians. (Burma Jones) They're basically just farms for 4D STS looking for a good lunch. (Belibaste) Good food. And it's organic vegetarians usually! (PoB) Does it mean that the meat from meat-eating predators is not good for us? (L) That's what they said, yes. (Burma Jones) So then India is just one big cattle ranch. (L) And with so many people that they have there, nobody would even notice when people go missing. People go missing there all the time. (Burma Jones) And they have the worst poverty in the world. (Belibaste) Remember in the sessions they were talking about the missing children, and there was a lot from India - vegetarian children. (L) The loss of children of India is just stupendous. Unbelievable. Let me get this next question in. In a previous session, we were trying to get the size or the dimensions of Comet Elenin, and I had the feeling that somehow I screwed up and...

A: Yes.

Q: (L) I did. [laughter] Because I was thinking thoughts at the time and whatever. So, I'm just going to take myself completely out of this and ask again: What size is Comet Elenin?

A: 5km on the short axis and close to 10 on the long axis.

Q: (L) What I did is I messed it up when they were trying to do 5 by 10, I made it 500. They went 5... Yeah, I don't know what they did. Okay, does anybody have anything else they want to talk about? (Perceval) There's a question about crop circles. (L) Yeah, I saw that but I thought it was kind of a dorky question. "Why have this year's crop circles been so lame?" (Perceval) Andromeda dictated it, and I just typed it. [laughter]

See what you think of this.

_http://arxiv.org/abs/1104.2036

Astronomical alignments as the cause of ~M6+ seismicity

Mensur Omerbashich

(Submitted on 11 Apr 2011 (v1), last revised 30 May 2011 (this version, v2))

I here demonstrate empirically my georesonator concept in which tidally induced magnification of Earth masses' resonance causes seismicity. To that end, I show that all strong (~M6+) earthquakes of 2010 occurred during the Earth's long (t>3 day) astronomical alignments within our solar system. I then show that the same holds true for all very strong (~M8+) earthquakes of the decade of 2000s. Finally, the strongest (M8.6+) earthquakes of the past century are shown to have occurred during the Earth's multiple long alignments, whereas half of the high-strongest (M9+) ones occurred during the Full Moon. I used the comet C/2010 X1 (Elenin), as it has been adding to robustness in terms of very strong seismicity since 2007 (in terms of strongest seismicity: since 1965). The Elenin will continue intensifying the Earth's very strong seismicity until August-October, 2011. Approximate forecast of earthquakes based on my discoveries is feasible. This demonstration proves my hyperresonator concept, arrived at earlier as a mathematical-physical solution to the most general extension of the georesonator concept possible.

Comments: A reference with minor clarifications added. Results unchanged. Continuation of arXiv:physics/0612177v4 [physics.geo-ph], and arXiv:0801.0876v2 [physics.gen-ph]
Subjects: General Physics (physics.gen-ph)
Cite as: arXiv:1104.2036v2 [physics.gen-ph]

Submission history

[v1] Mon, 11 Apr 2011 20:17:52 GMT (496kb)
[v2] Mon, 30 May 2011 17:35:51 GMT (500kb)

The paper can be downloaded from that site. It's quite short; mostly tables with examples of alignments and earthquakes of magnitude 6 or more.

This other website seems to belong to Omerbaschich:

_http://sites.google.com/site/omerbashich/

The thing is that I'm having trouble finding any information on this guy ('Dr. Omerbashich') apart from the Cornell Library website where his paper is, and a lot of conspiracy blogs and forums. It's not clear to me if that Cornell website accepts any and all papers uploaded. In fact, that seems to be the case, as it is a 'pre-print server', although I'm not sure what that is exactly and how it works, to be honest. If anything is accepted, he could be anyone.

So I'm not sure what to think. The idea of planetary alignments causing earthquakes has been covered by sott and sounds like a reasonable enough hypothesis. But who is this guy? This blog puts some doubt on Omerbashich:

_http://www.irna.lautre.net/His-Royal-Highness-Prince-Mensur.html

Apparently Omerbashich is a pretender to the throne of Bosnia, among other things! :huh:

Windmill knight said:
See what you think of this.

There was actually a short discussion of this paper here:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,1339.msg257869.html#msg257869

My take at the moment is that this guy is -kind of- onto something. I think there is a correlation between earthquakes and planetary alignments (that's evident from his list), but the mechanism that he theorizes isn't the whole picture. I personally think that he's disinfo and trying to muddy the waters, creating more hysteria around Comet Elenin, but in a slightly more respectable way than what the fundies are doing. That's my current view and it could change with new info.

I think the more fruitful approach to explaining the correlations he's found would be to look at the Lithosphere-Ionosphere Coupling Theory instead of explaining them via this home-brewed "georesonance" concept, which uses gravity to explain the underlying mechanism behind earthquakes. I don't think the minor gravitational changes from planetary alignments have the energy to result in large earthquakes. The LI Coupling models have a good deal of science behind them, although they are not without flaws.

The thing is, the scientists working on the LI Coupling models aren't considering events outside of the Ionosphere as causes of major earthquakes. They believe that the changes in the Lithosphere before an earthquake are what cause changes in the Ionosphere and not the other way around. It's a relatively established fact that there are usually ionosphere changes right before major earthquakes. One recent example: http://www.sott.net/articles/show/228732-Atmosphere-Above-Japan-Heated-Rapidly-Before-M9-Earthquake

I suppose it could work both ways, but I suspect (based on the correlation between planetary alignments, solar activity and seismic activity) that most major earthquakes come from changes that start first in the Ionosphere. Ionosphere changes can have a lot of causes: solar activity, eclipses or alignments with nearby (or larger) celestial bodies, maybe beaming activity from satellites, or other causes we're unaware of.

As more food for thought, I came across this paper which I thought had a lot of interesting info:

http://fedgeno.com/documents/on-the-relation-between-solar-activity-and-seismicity.pdf

So the website here is 'Sign Of The Times', I should start one that is 'Behind The Times'. I feel I've been out of touch with whats going on. I say that because I just received an email of a (Youtube) video re: ELEnin. I then went on to view a couple more video's and, it appears they are pointing at this fall as a possible or probable impact time. As a matter of fact it was 9-9-11, but I guess everyone here already knew that. Geez, more great news for those of us that are here in the states, eh?

I'll post just one vid, and I think this one has the most credibility:

_http://www.activistpost.com/2011/05/bad-news-from-nasa-proof-that-comet.html
Best,

Chang

Chang said:
So the website here is 'Sign Of The Times', I should start one that is 'Behind The Times'. I feel I've been out of touch with whats going on.

Hi Chang,
You could get a greater sense of what is going on by reading this entire thread and checking some of the links contained therein.

*update*

just listened to James McCanney webcast, from last nite;(6/23/11) --_http://www.jmccanneyScienceHour_June23_2011.mp3

very interesting show, he starts the webcast with a few points he wants to make and then makes, them.

the japan EQ, being man made, etc, global food shortages (of course), and most interestingly Planet X-

Planet x point begins about 30mins into the show, but if you download the clip, u can fast foward to the minute.

he starts with his education, then begins to describe the hale-bopp fiasco, along with a disinformation campaign.

then describes the kolbrin bible, and then goes on to talk of Art Bell, and his guests that have since died of 'rapid onset cancer'

mentions tom vanflandern, gene shcumackuer (geologist). how he even turns up dead,

interesting thing he did say is that may and june are prime southern hemisphere viewing months.

talks about heavens gate people, art bell, father malichi martin and chuck schrumack, etc.

then ends the show with , stay tuned for part two, planet x special --- next week.

~anywho,
i am sort of inclined to think, that he maybe trying to gather a greater audience, he did not drone on and on about the food and water filters as in his last 10 yrs worth of podcasts.
and i can be wronga
but i think he is warning others to not flip out over this comet elenin.

Windmill knight said:
So I'm not sure what to think. The idea of planetary alignments causing earthquakes has been covered by sott and sounds like a reasonable enough hypothesis. But who is this guy? This blog puts some doubt on Omerbashich:

_http://www.irna.lautre.net/His-Royal-Highness-Prince-Mensur.html

Hoping it might help you.

mkrnhr said:
Hello Gandalf,

Omerbashich's claims about planetary alignments (all) are used to validate his theoretical mechanism. However, if some alignment/earthquake happen, it doesn't mean that a given mechanism is true, in that point he's not honnest. It just mean that there is some connection. I think he is just jumping into a wagon to make himself known, otherwise his data would be done more carefully, even the plots (you don't write a scientific paper with copy-and-past figures from the internet).

The connection between some planetary alignments and some sismic events can be done in a more scientific and more serious way IMHO, his is not.

Another article about Elenin:

_http://www.examiner.com/exopolitics-in-honolulu/the-event-and-comet-elenin#ixzz1RGeigPJg

Hithere said:

_http://www.examiner.com/exopolitics-in-honolulu/the-event-and-comet-elenin#ixzz1RGeigPJg

Hi Hithere,

For the members of this forum who are quite busy, could you give us a little summary of the article. ;)

Gandalf said:
Hithere said:

Hi Hithere,

For the members of this forum who are quite busy, could you give us a little summary of the article. ;)

The author is speculating about the fictional TV show series "The Event" with the final episode. He suggests the show maybe foretelling an event that may happen to coincide with Comet Elenin's approach to Earth.

Michael Salla said:
The Event is a fictional NBC television show featuring a black U.S. President grappling with the national security problem of whether or not to tell the U.S. public about the existence of extraterrestrial life. Comet Elenin is a long-period body from the Oort cloud that is approaching the inner solar system and has been associated with major earthquake activity on Earth. What is the relationship between Comet Elenin and the Event? Perhaps nothing; or, maybe, a very lot indeed. For there is an important paradox surrounding Comet Elenin. The solution to the paradox may well have been revealed in the season finale of the Event. Were elements of the U.S. government using a fictional television show to break to the world public something with tremendous global significance that might soon unfold?

[...]

The Event was preceeded by a series of world wide earthquakes, and then it was suddenly revealed. An exoplanet appeared out of some kind of cosmic anomaly in near Earth orbit, dwarfing the moon in size. More significantly, the exoplanet was the homeworld of extraterrestrials. As it appeared, earthquakes continued to intensify on Earth.

Was the Event foreshadowing something significant about to unfold in our planetary history? Is Comet Elenin merely the vanguard of something much larger following it that is responsible for the seismic activity discovered by Dr Omerbashich? Will a large exoplanet, the homeworld of ancient extraterrestrial visitors, suddenly appear during its passage through the inner solar system, close to the Earth, in the not too distant future? These questions all arise from the paradox that is Comet Elenin. The Event may have revealed the answer to the Elenin paradox. Thankfully we may not have that long to wait. Elenin will on October 16 be only 0.24 AU from the Earth (only a quarter of the distance to the sun). If something is trailing behind Elenin, we will find out soon enough.

James McCanney resent podcast dated June 30Th was very informative.

http://www.jmccanneyscience.com/WeeklyRadioShowArchivesSubPage.HTM

He talked about Comet Elenin not being a threat to earth, but states he does not know if aliens are coming in with the comet or not, says anything is possible. He said that within a year, he feels pretty sure that the government will stage an event to try and convince the people of alien invasion and the need for one world government to protect the people from this invasion.

Also mentioned was he has a suspicion that something is coming in from the south because many scientist are going to the Antarctica and setting up telescopes to view something. Worth the time to listen, and keep in mind the possibilities.

Gandalf said:
Hi Hithere,
You're right Gandalf, lazy posting on my part, I apologize. Thank you Nicholas for citing from the article! :)

FWIW here is what James McCanney stated recently (I did make some paragraphs for readability):

Comet Elenin IS NOT A THREAT to earth ... my name and work regarding the electrical nature of comets and the solar system are being hijacked by a government backed misinformation crew making all kinds of wild claims about Comet Elenin ... these postings are on web pages and blogs and many professionally made youtube videos disguised as coming from "average people" like you and me ...

many times claiming to have resources to un-named "professional astronomers" who "verify" their baloney stories ... some claim that they talk to aliens who "confirm McCanney's work" along with completely distorted ramblings ... some claim Comet Elenin will cause all sorts of disaster with time lines and dates with some claiming you should move to certain "safe sites" on a given timeline ... these sites and people we have found are all coming from the same place ... let me make it perfectly clear that Comet Elenin is a small comet that will likely not be even seen by most people since it is so small and far away ... someone (group) is spending a lot of time and money to make a major issue out of a complete non-issue ... the curious issue is why all the misinformation and other "date" correlations being propagated on the internet and now on the major media ... it is clear that an extensive group of people are behind this and they are getting major press and air time ...

then in clear disinformation style the NASA owned press has the "white hats" (the NASA "good-guys") riding in to save the day telling you not to listen to all those quacks on the internet (pointing directly to these many sites which distort my name and work which as i said is being completely mis-represented by the same disinformation crew in what we have come to learn over the years is a well orchestrated dog and pony show ... with the same disinformation crew controlling both sides of the "debate") ... others are associating this false reporting with possible NASA and leadership (NWO and other) groups to create false alien invasion scenarios (emphasis on FALSE) to create fear with the public ... i have NOTHING to do with any of these reports and let me repeat and make it perfectly clear ...

my work regarding cometary alignments and the electrical nature of the solar system shows that Comet Elenin IS NOT ANY KIND OF THREAT TO EARTH ... emphasis on NOT ... the false reporting regarding Comet Elenin and many related topics will most likely continue into the fall of 2011 as a movie 2012 is due to come out November 13th this coming fall making all kinds of wild and unscientific (but scientific sounding) claims of doom and ultimate earth destruction ... this oddly enough coincides with the take over of public communications that will soon be finalized with Obama making national emergency announcements on the newly centralized Homeland Security FEMA emergency broadcast network that will basically take over ALL media ...

1984 is alive and well in the USA ... so i will leave this posting up stating once again that i have nothing to do with the false FEAR reporting that is propagating on all fronts ... this also opens the opportunity for every nut case and imposter on the internet to jump in and further cloud the real issues from the public ... many of whom are just beginning to wake up from a deep mental slumber (the clueless ones) ... every week i host a commercial free radio show that deals with REAL issues of science and also educates the public on how to recognize and understand the politics of science so you can then begin to understand the real nature of science and why there is such an effort to keep the public confused with phony BAD SCIENCE AND ASTRONOMY that comes from what i call "tier 2" NASA science as well as the barrage of internet imposters (many of whom receive support from government sources to distort the real efforts of the few sane voices that exist in the world today) ... an extreme effort has been made by the "controllers" to dumb down the public everywhere from public school education to the mass media ...

you will begin to understand and read between the lines as you listen to my shows which air live every thursday evening with ALL PAST SHOWs available on the "weekly radio show archive sub-page" (scroll down for details) ... i also provide information on how to prepare to live on what i call "many levels" ... continue with your regular daily lives but also be prepared on a basic level to take care of you and your family ... my secure web ordering page gives you everything you need (without all the bells and whistles) to prepare for what i call a "basic living scenario" ... i do not call it "survival" as this implies many bad connotations ... i call it "common sense and being prepared" ... preparedness is the same whether it is for natural disasters such as floods or fires or tornados or earth quakes or for man made events or whatever the disaster may be ... you will need clean water and basic food and good information ... it may be for a day or a week or a month or longer ... all of the items on the sales page are also items that you should be using EVERY DAY to live a healthy life style ... so be sure to beware of the barrage of "good guy vs. bad guy" misinformation that will come at you from now and into the future ... be sure to listen to my weekly radio show and past archives and be prepared by visiting the secure web ordering page ... jim mccanney

He sounds completely nuts. It seems to me that he's describing himself here: "this also opens the opportunity for every nut case and imposter on the internet to jump in and further cloud the real issues from the public".

Yes, the disinfo crowd is off and running with lies about Elenin - but McCanney's paranoia sounds clinical.

Back
Top Bottom