Comets and The Horns of Moses, Special Edition!

Merlin said:
Pg 334 of Comets and The Horns of Moses

And it is really interesting that Burton Mack has identified the earliest layer of the alleged Jesus sayings in the gospels as being distinctively Cynic

Couldn't locate the reference in the Bibliography though but according to Wikipedia Burton Mack is . . . primarily a scholar of Christian origins, approaching it from the angle of social group formation. Mack's approach is skeptical, and he sees traditional Christian documents like the Gospels as myth as opposed to history. He sees the gospels more as charter documents of the early Christian movements, not as reliable accounts of the life of Jesus.
Link - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burton_L._Mack

Laura wrote a couple of articles either reviewing or drawing upon Burton Mack's The Lost Gospel: The Book of Q and Christian Origins:

The Lost Gospel: The Book of Q and Christian Origins by Burton L. Mack

Burton Mack and 9-11

Thanx so much Beau. Both Links are absolutely fascinating.

I quote Laura (from the 2nd Link):-

As many of my readers know, I spend a LOT of time reading and writing about religion. I have some favored authors: Philip Davies, Giovanni Garbini, Niels Peter Lemche, Thomas Thompson, John Van Seters, Keith Whitelam (the Copenhagen school), certainly Mircea Eliade, Joseph Campbell, Georges Dumezil, and – the subject of today’s post – Burton Mack

So, today, I want to try to jump-start your thinking by presenting some excerpts from Burton Mack’s recent book: “Myth and the Christian Nation” in hopes that it will stimulate you to pick up a copy and read it. I also hope that you will read all of the works of the authors I have listed above; your life may depend on it in the coming months and years.

I never take Laura's advice lightly so I'm on my way to reading all of them.

I’d also like to add three women authors who wrote on Religion to bust the patriarchy dominated Judeo-Catholic-Mafioso combine. Like Laura, they were also hounded, criticised and vilified but came out with both guns blazing. A jpg of their writing and pic is attached.

Barbara G Walker - Encyclopaedia of Myths and Secrets (November 30, 1983)

Karen Armstrong - A History of God: The 4,000-Year Quest of Judaism, Christianity and Islam (August 9, 1994)

Acharya S aka DM Murdock - The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold (September, 1999)

Significantly, they're still publishing and widely read . . .

Attachments

• Barbara G Walker.jpg
    Barbara G Walker.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Womens Encyclopedia.jpg
    Womens Encyclopedia.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 55
  • A History of God.jpg
    A History of God.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Karen Armstrong.jpg
    Karen Armstrong.jpg