Comets and The Horns of Moses (Volume I) Available on Amazon!

Re: Comets and The Horns of Moses (Volume I) Available on Kindle!

mkrnhr said:
Domagoj said:
Aiming, there are two ways to use kindle on ubuntu:

http://shuffleos.com/1761/kindle-cloud-reader-read-kindle-ebooks/

or

you can install the "WINE" app from the ubuntu software center which is an emulator for running win apps under ubuntu and then download kindle for pc.exe file which you then launch.

You can also read your kindle files directly on the web browser in https://read.amazon.com/about
I tried it once and it works well.

Thank you both, Domagoj and mkrnhr! :)

I down loaded the book last night and stayed up until 3:00 in the morning reading. I am useless for anything else today so why not read some more?

Thanks a lot for this Kindle edition! The notes are so incredibly handy to follow, and then it's cheap and fit for the economic crisis :thup:

I just got the ebook today. I imagine it will be an interesting, and very serious read. I will read it carefully. Thanks so much, Laura, for writing this. "Comets and The Horns of Moses" will, I imagine, prove to be quite prescient, to say the least, and it is difficult for me to imagine a more important subject matter for these times.

this looks really interesting. I did not read volume 1 but I kind of want to jump in and start with volume 2. Really nice cover page also.

Alright, after reading the 1st chapter last night on Amazon, I caved in and bought it 5 minutes ago (after downloading Kindle Reader for PC). Even if I don't have that much time to read for about another week or so, I couldn't wait. I'll read as much as I can, whenever I can (between anything and everything) until I get some more free time soon to sit and read it all at longer stretches until I finish it. I'll probably end up reading it a few times more down the road, but I just can't wait to get further into.

I was going to wait for the paperback but after reading the first chapter I decided to buy the kindle edition too.
Yet, I don't seem to be able to buy it from amazon.co.uk
I know I can always create an amazon.com account instead and that's exactly what I'm about to do now, but I thought it odd.
I mean, I could read the first chapter and "like" it, there's a set price in euros but still the "buy now" button doesn't seem to function.
I'm just mentioning it in case it's a glitch or something.

Just got my copy on my kindle! Want the actual book, which I will get, buy couldn't wait! I will get it though, working on getting them all, plus lots of recommended reading also.

Currently at 8%.

I can't see a few quotes - or the full quotes, rather - even when I adjust the letter size on pages of Bible parallels - four columns - and the end is missing and the next page is already a whole different page, not a continuation of the previous one.

Maybe it's just my kindle or there was an error when I downloaded it.
Is anyone experiencing similar issues?

Well, I'm def gonna go back to those in the printed version ;)

Nuke said:
Currently at 8%.

I can't see a few quotes - or the full quotes, rather - even when I adjust the letter size on pages of Bible parallels - four columns - and the end is missing and the next page is already a whole different page, not a continuation of the previous one.

On the kindle itself I did experience it, but adjusting the letter size to the smallest did solve it. The display solution should be at least with every version about 800*600.

NewOrleans said:
Laura, I work as a graphic designer every day. An artistic temperament is not contrary to clients wishes but parallel. As for "light watercolor" I was following the 18th Century style of the engraving's period. I certainly don't mean to offend your sensibilities - I wasn't finished, as you know, and sent emails saying that I planned to bump up the color. I just didn't go far enough at that stage. It's fine, J. S. did a good job. Bright colors work fine.

Where did you see Laura's sensibilities being offended? (You need a lot more than a different taste in book covers to offend her sensibilities ;)). It reads to me like the one with offended sensibilities is you. :huh: Probably not a big issue, since you already pointed out that some ego readjustment was needed and all. I'm just pointing it out because it seems a bit like you were expecting big kudos, but didn't get them, and therefore are a bit offended. But you know? We all do things for the network that aren't always what the group had in mind, get edited, corrected, etc. It happens all the time. The difference is whether you take it personally ("My baby!!"), which means you weren't giving freely, or whether you accept the criticism as being constructive, learn from it, do what is needed when asked (to the best of you abilities), and move on.

Added: Oh, apologies. I see this is being discussed in another thread. No need to reply here.

Gawan said:
Nuke said:
Currently at 8%.

On the kindle itself I did experience it, but adjusting the letter size to the smallest did solve it. The display solution should be at least with every version about 800*600.

I tried that too. And it helped a little - as in I was able to see more of the text - maybe it's because my display is not the biggest one (I have the Kindle with keyboards, so they take up some space)

Anyway, I'll just go back to these when we have the hardcopy version :)

Thanks for the input, Gawan.

Nuke said:
Gawan said:
Nuke said:
Currently at 8%.

I tried that too. And it helped a little - as in I was able to see more of the text - maybe it's because my display is not the biggest one (I have the Kindle with keyboards, so they take up some space)

Anyway, I'll just go back to these when we have the hardcopy version :)

Thanks for the input, Gawan.

I had the same problem using the Kindle for PC computer software defaults. On a computer you just change the font size and words per line, so you could also read it on your computer if you want.

Since I'm here and have finished the book, just want to say "Wow!" and it kind of reminds me of this via Dr. Who:

_http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Legend_of_Pandora%27s_Box

The Legend of Pandora's Box was Amy Pond's favourite book as a child. River Song found it in Amy's room and realised the link with the Pandorica under Stonehenge.

The Doctor suggested that the book was created by aliens using psychic residue as there were landing patterns in Amy's garden. (TV: The Pandorica Opens)

Martha Jones also suggested that the monster DNA hidden in the human genome, which Richard Lazarus accidentally unlocked, was "like Pandora's box." (TV: The Lazarus Experiment)

Romana II, K9 and Irving Braxiatel thought that the legend could be a reference to the first female Lord President and Imperiatrix of Gallifrey, Pandora and her partition of the Matrix, and how she wanted to cause havoc to the continuum. (AUDIO:Lies)

It's probably just a compatability issue with the Kindle reader and my tablet but the columns are "off" for me too. With a little patience and jabbing at the screen, I'm able to make out the text. Also, my reader seems to skip a few pages here and there. No biggie, though. I plan to buy the print version also.

Excellent material so far, though. Thanks Laura. It's like everything I wanted to know about mythology but was too confused to figure out before. Before, I just could never get what all the interest was but seen in this particular light (representations of cometary bodies) it's quite interesting.

Odyssey said:
It's probably just a compatability issue with the Kindle reader and my tablet but the columns are "off" for me too. With a little patience and jabbing at the screen, I'm able to make out the text. Also, my reader seems to skip a few pages here and there. No biggie, though. I plan to buy the print version also.

Excellent material so far, though. Thanks Laura. It's like everything I wanted to know about mythology but was too confused to figure out before. Before, I just could never get what all the interest was but seen in this particular light (representations of cometary bodies) it's quite interesting.

I also noticed a point where it appears a page is missing. After the last columnar table the text appears to stop abruptly and then a picture appears at the top of the next page. Am going to pull it up on the kindle pc version and see if I can find it to make sure.

I am really enjoying reading the book. I also realized there is much catchup reading necessary for me to fully understand the discussion of the electrical nature of the cosmos and plasma physics, and am looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom