Comets and The Horns of Moses (Volume I) Available on Amazon!

Re: Comets and The Horns of Moses (Volume I) Available on Kindle!

Approaching Infinity said:
Yep, as interesting as it all is, you can tell you're just getting started. Those teasers of future revelations are really well done. It's like watching an academic soap opera, if such a thing is possible...

LOL! Quite true... And a deprogramming soap opera. I like the fact that there are teasers all the time. Sometimes I was left wanting to read more about one topic, and then Laura says she'll uncover more in the next volumes. Yeah!!!

And geeze, some of those "philosophers" really were, as the Cs said, "Greek Enforcers", weren't they?

Yep. One of the reasons those were my favorite chapters. The clues are all there.

Those were some of my favorites too. I had no idea about the type of "characters" these philosophers were. I had to laugh at some of the comments about Plato, all the while it's really sad that he and others have had so much influence in society. It was a good example of how truth gets stolen and deformed, and then passed on to the next generations. Nothing new, in a sense, and yet, not knowing much about history, this was another excellent way to see how things repeat themselves, with concrete examples, and of learning true history. This should be taught at school!

domi said:
The Kindle version is quite practical with the Kindle Cloud Reader because you can pull it up from any browser.
Today I read 10 or so pages at the dentist on an iPad while in the waiting room. It's great because regardless where you were reading before it remembers which page one was on.

Indeed. I first got started on using Kindle Cloud Reader when reading CatHoM and also found it to be quite useful. I usually used "Kindle for PC" and the tablet thing. When I stopped on a certain page using the Cloud, that same page will show up on "Kindle for PC" or the tablet the next time I opened it. I never had to look for the page. As for the screen, I used the black background with white fonts for a smooth reading. I always loved when I clicked on certain words that I wasn't familiar with, a dictionary immediately will brings up the word definition.

Finished the book yesterday morning and realized that I needed to read it again. So much to process; so much to learn. Laura has become a great synthesizer of history. I discovered that my ignorance of the Greek philosophers knows no bounds. By the end of the book I felt like I was in danger of drowning in information. and... a shameless anticipation of more to come. My brain hurts so good.

buz/p said:
Finished the book yesterday morning and realized that I needed to read it again. So much to process; so much to learn. Laura has become a great synthesizer of history. I discovered that my ignorance of the Greek philosophers knows no bounds. By the end of the book I felt like I was in danger of drowning in information. and... a shameless anticipation of more to come. My brain hurts so good.

By the way, I wanted to add that I have been using Kindle for some time now, mostly because it is some cheaper and I have no patience. I have over 100 books stored on Kindle. What a convenient library at your fingertips.

buz/p said:

Thanks!

As you may have figured out by the end, these are things that everyone needs to know because they are foundational to how our world got to be the way it is today. By the time I'm finished, everyone who reads these books will be able to perfectly understand pretty much how the world works and why and their place within it.

In the end, isn't that what all "truth-seeking" is about? But we come up against so many lies and so many games and so much obfuscation that just getting the facts and knowing the score becomes an impossible task. "It's a mystery", the church will tell you... Or "it's mindless evolution" the scientists will tell you. Neither of those answers are either useful or accurate. And that leaves people open to the frauds, the hucksters of this or that "mystery school" or "method of ascension" or "path to salvation".

Indeed, there IS something AWESOME about the Cosmos, but it is rational and can be approached if one really studies reality. And history is the study of reality as it changes and the study of man in that reality, changing through time.

Laura said:
buz/p said:

Thanks!

As you may have figured out by the end, these are things that everyone needs to know because they are foundational to how our world got to be the way it is today. By the time I'm finished, everyone who reads these books will be able to perfectly understand pretty much how the world works and why and their place within it.

In the end, isn't that what all "truth-seeking" is about? But we come up against so many lies and so many games and so much obfuscation that just getting the facts and knowing the score becomes an impossible task. "It's a mystery", the church will tell you... Or "it's mindless evolution" the scientists will tell you. Neither of those answers are either useful or accurate. And that leaves people open to the frauds, the hucksters of this or that "mystery school" or "method of ascension" or "path to salvation".

Indeed, there IS something AWESOME about the Cosmos, but it is rational and can be approached if one really studies reality. And history is the study of reality as it changes and the study of man in that reality, changing through time.

Every time I read "Secret History", more dots connect in my head. That alone is fantastic!

I'm still working my way through this one, because it's nice to take the time to grok as I go. (Well, as much as is possible) Your work puts together things my gut hunches have moved me towards my whole life, and there are not enough words to express appreciation for that.

Your work is a real labor of love, and I love you right back for that.

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

:hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Laura said:
By the time I'm finished, everyone who reads these books will be able to perfectly understand pretty much how the world works and why and their place within it.

WHOA! :dance: ...infinity.

Reading your works is like going on a fantastic journey. Thanks for being a most excellent tour guide. :D

I'm only 30% of the way through and I'm mind-blown by how much information she condensed and how all the dots are connected. It makes so much sense, and then all those references to other materials...

Laura has to be the most intelligent person I've ever had the pleasure to meet.

I bought the kindle cloud version and have been reading on my PC. Been reading most of the day, 30%. A real page turner!

Thank, Laura. Great new insights on world history, you definitely go where no one has gone before.

Mac

Laura said:
... There ARE secrets, they just aren't what people have long supposed them to be.

And geeze, some of those "philosophers" really were, as the Cs said, "Greek Enforcers", weren't they?

Greek Enforcers!? :lol: This is one of my favorite topics! Thanks for digging, I can't wait to get to that chapter!

I was just reading last week "Who Wrote The Bible" where Mack talks about Paul's life and letters to the early Greek Christian communities, and I was wondering about those so called Enforcers... the way Mack tells it all about Paul looks like depicting Paul as a sort of 'Greek Enforcer' himself, or so it seemed to me. Then on 2 Cor. 11:5 he reports about those "super apostles" that
'[...] Were clever with words, charismatics who performed signs and wonders, and visionaries whose esoteric knowledge was such that the Corinthians paid them to learn about it [...] Paul was horrified and reacted as if the entire project of the gentile mission had been threatened. These apostles prided themselves in being "Hebrews", "Israelites", "children of Abraham", as well as "ministers of Christ" [...]'

Don't know if it has any correlation to it, just know that I'm going to speed-read the Horns of Moses and learn about those "philosophers", Kindle says I'm at 25% know!!

Ailén said:

Yep. One of the reasons those were my favorite chapters. The clues are all there.

Those were some of my favorites too. I had no idea about the type of "characters" these philosophers were. I had to laugh at some of the comments about Plato, all the while it's really sad that he and others have had so much influence in society. It was a good example of how truth gets stolen and deformed, and then passed on to the next generations. Nothing new, in a sense, and yet, not knowing much about history, this was another excellent way to see how things repeat themselves, with concrete examples, and of learning true history. This should be taught at school!

I agree wholeheartedly. The reading of these philosophers was truly an eye-opening experience.

For anyone who uses Goodreads, I've created a record for the book there:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17284289-comets-and-the-horns-of-moses

To create a series (The Secret History of the World) and link this and its predecessor to the series, you need to be a Goodreads Librarian.

You can add the book to your "want to read" or "reading" list and post your reviews there too.

Nathan said:
For anyone who uses Goodreads, I've created a record for the book there:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17284289-comets-and-the-horns-of-moses

To create a series (The Secret History of the World) and link this and its predecessor to the series, you need to be a Goodreads Librarian.

You can add the book to your "want to read" or "reading" list and post your reviews there too.

Thanks Nathan. I have just created an account and added a review.

Comets and The Horns of Moses - is now my first book ever downloaded.

Thanks LKJ and all who made this possible. :)

voyageur said:
Comets and The Horns of Moses - is now my first book ever downloaded.

Thanks LKJ and all who made this possible. :)

Its going to be my first one too as soon as the kindle arrives. :cool2:

Back
Top Bottom