Comets and The Horns of Moses (Volume I) Available on Amazon!

Re: Comets and The Horns of Moses (Volume I) Available on Kindle!

Zadius Sky said:
Ailén said:
And geeze, some of those "philosophers" really were, as the Cs said, "Greek Enforcers", weren't they?

Yep. One of the reasons those were my favorite chapters. The clues are all there.

Those were some of my favorites too. I had no idea about the type of "characters" these philosophers were. I had to laugh at some of the comments about Plato, all the while it's really sad that he and others have had so much influence in society. It was a good example of how truth gets stolen and deformed, and then passed on to the next generations. Nothing new, in a sense, and yet, not knowing much about history, this was another excellent way to see how things repeat themselves, with concrete examples, and of learning true history. This should be taught at school!

I agree wholeheartedly. The reading of these philosophers was truly an eye-opening experience.

I'm in the middle of the Greek chapter now and Laura, I just wanted to thank you for all your hard work, it's truly amazing what you cover and uncover.
I can't wait for the next volume but there's sure much to read until that comes out :)

Especially Xenophanes, Heraclitus, Anaxagoras, Socrates and Pythagoras! Wow!

I finished it this morning. Can't wait for the next volume. I'll probably read it one more time in the not too distant future and take notes. Then do the same with certain parts in particular.

I have no words to describe this book! I'm still at chapter 5, as there is just SO much information packed in every chapter that for me it's impossible to keep reading without constantly chasing after the footnotes.
I permanently have a page with wikipedia open next to my cloud reader, and another 10 or so pages with links to read.. and oh there is just not enough time!!

Incredible work Laura, just INCREDIBLE!

I have finished it few days ago and it is indeed mind-blowing.

Thanks Laura for your incredible work!

I will reread it soon to take notes, as well as reading back volume 1, as the more I read, the more dots I connect :halo:
Looking forward the next volumes :cool:

Got in on my home computer first then put it on the iphone so I can take it with me.
I can`t put it down and I don`t want it to end!

Turned the machine on today and had a momentary period of suspense because the Kindle and C&tHoM downloaded the night before had simply disappeared of the dock. It took awhile and then was able to find it after some digging around, and have been reading on and off all day (not finished yet).

Have to join in with others to say that the Laura’s writing style keeps evolving and it is at the point where it is for me, like sitting in a nice chair being intensely read to, and you are hanging on and sifting every word as it flows so well in the telling. :wow:

There is much here that i’m familiar with, having read on the forum and in other books by Laura, along with many of the quoted source materials, yet there is new geometry and threads being pulled here – refining matters, and it is like reading it all again anew.

When thinking about what it is that draws me to these writings, it seems, for me anyway, the information is coming in from so many degrees of angle, from so many very good other source cross references, discipline’s and historical context’s; all written under a studious, serious and watchful eye, and yet at times it still manages to be done: as frightening in implications that history can represent, in a very human and humorous way - it is simply great.

Last thing for me is that this book thus far, and many before, have ignited a real desire to reinvigorate my understanding of history et al., and to look again at the many scientific validities, theories, assumptions, errors, and outright lies, and of course while throwing light on many past causes that have effected humankind unto this day.

:thup:

voyageur said:
Have to join in with others to say that the Laura’s writing style keeps evolving and it is at the point where it is for me, like sitting in a nice chair being intensely read to, and you are hanging on and sifting every word as it flows so well in the telling. :wow:

It really feels that way. It is one engaging storytelling!

voyageur said:
When thinking about what it is that draws me to these writings, it seems, for me anyway, the information is coming in from so many degrees of angle, from so many very good other source cross references, discipline’s and historical context’s; all written under a studious, serious and watchful eye, and yet at times it still manages to be done: as frightening in implications that history can represent, in a very human and humorous way - it is simply great.

So happy that yesterday was able to buy the kindle version! :dance: Already started reading it, and have to agree that the book is so engaging, very hard to put it down. Laura has a talent of writing about complicated topics in a simple and comprehensible way. Don't drink alcohol anymore, but her books are like a good red wine, with such a rich flavor, you want to drink it slowly to prolong the pleasure. Thank you, Laura, for all the effort and sharing it with us :flowers:

Also, I think, voyageur, what you wrote above could be a good Amazon review.

Thanks to all for very kind words. There is SO much more to come! If ya'll keep watching my back while I work, I'll get 'er done.

An interesting exercise is to take what I have written about the Thirty "Tyrants" and compare it to the "history" that is presented on Wikipedia not to mention how Plato is revered and referenced all the time and everywhere when he was actually a pretty revolting character as far as I can see. And I went back and read the fundamental materials with my eyes and mind open to clues.

Downloading the PC kindle and then the Horns of Moses was the best thing I've done. I love the print size I get on my laptop screen, no more constantly resting my eyes at the small print.

The writing style is just brilliant, the flow is so smooth, comprehensible and very entertaining. I was really bracing myself for complex historical facts, and had my dictionary at hand, then I discovered the dictionary within the kindle book, fabulous! Now I can read it even faster.

The SHOTW was heavy going for me, but this is much easier.

Laura I love your writing style, it's quite a gift to be able to impart such knowledge in a way that has the reader is enthralled and learning easily at the same time.

Loving this book!

Psyche said:
voyageur said:

This is making me feel quite envious whilst I practice patience and wait for the hard copy. :)

Prodigal Son said:
Psyche said:
voyageur said:

This is making me feel quite envious whilst I practice patience and wait for the hard copy. :)

Me too. I like to read about the book waiting the hard copy. I love to read Laura's books, her style, her telling a story with her magnificent sense of humor and all the information that she gives, always, and that give us a very clear light on everything, a new light, an opening door where we enter with her as a guide. I hope that the paper copy is coming soon!

One week, I hear, before print copy will be available on amazon.

Good news -- it's going to be a long week :)

Shijing said:
Good news -- it's going to be a long week :)

wow.One week is very little even if it is a very long week! :D

Back
Top Bottom