Comets and The Horns of Moses (Volume I) Available on Amazon!

Re: Comets and The Horns of Moses (Volume I) Available on Kindle!

[quote author=Prodigal Son]
This is making me feel quite envious whilst I practice patience and wait for the hard copy. :)
[/quote]

Understand, I tried too. Yet from the reviews (and knowing some of what it would contain) it was just too enticing, and besides, this way i can support the efforts electronically and then later by printed words when it is made available; i'll have to read it twice at minimum anyway was my thinking. :)

My new kindle paperwhite has just arrrived :dance: and I have just downloaded "Comets and The Horns of Moses" into it.

I am going to begin it tonight while drinking a good cup of oolong tea (probably more than a cup !!!) :D

I just finished it. Wow! It reads like a great detective novel. Clues obvious and obscure woven into a fabric of an ever clear picture. A picture frightening yet filled with hope simply because to know and understand lifts the spirits.

Thanks, Laura for looking in every corner, following the intriguing threads wherever they lead even if what is found contradicts all previous conclusions. Can't wait for the next volume!

Mac

I'm halfway through the Cynics and Stoics section now. Wow! This is one of the best books I have ever read. I must admit that the first volume was a struggle for me and required reading twice to really get it, but your writing style here has made the dot connecting much easier to follow. Nothing beats the joy of seeing pieces of the puzzle fit together. I know it's been said a million times and words don't mean much, but thank you.

I want to add that in all the excitement of many who are discovering Kindle as a means to access Comets and the Horns of Moses sooner and as a great means of 'screen' reading in general, it will be imperative for me to also have the print version. I have realized that rereading Laura's books is a must for me. Some of the books I have on Kindle and some are print. The print books are more comfortable to settle in with than sitting at a screen even though I do both. After I finished Comets... I went back and reread Debugging the Universe. Now I just picked up Almost Human. I have discovered that one can actually read them in reverse order. They all stand alone and yet form the pillars of a new reality. What a monumental collection of knowledge. Do you think that Laura is trying to help us protect ourselves? Seems like, huh?

What is humbling now more than ever having read Comets... is that I feel like a baby just starting out on my journey/quest. This after more than thirty years into my search for truth. Of course, as many of you know a major part of our lessons involve unlearning false knowledge as much as learning true knowledge. We are fortunate that Laura is on the job. Now it is up to us to do our jobs- whatever they may be.

What an amazing book Laura. Last time I enjoyed such a book from start to finisg was when I was reading Wave series. And I enjoyed the topics in this book because of your focus on Islam and Greek mythology both of which did not made sense to me in terms of beliefs and myths before reading giant comet theory.

Reading about Plato was a shocker, I assumed he was one of the good guys because of his allegory of the cave and legends of Atlantis. Though it makes sense that he stole it from other people when you look at his views on women and boys. :barf:

Diogenes is my favourite so far. :D

I know you mentioned in the end about tracking comets in history in future volumes, and maybe you already know this, but have you ever heard about Year of the Elephant that happened in Mecca before Mohammad was born?

As far as the story goes, an army comes to invade Mecca with Elephants under the command of Abraha and Allah sends birds that carry stones which kills the attackers. There is a verse in Quran describing the incident that says:

Have you not seen how your Lord dealt with the People of the Elephant? Has He not turned their plan into nullity? And He sent upon them flying birds in flocks, throwing upon them stones of baked clay, and thus He turned them into an eaten-up chaff.

Baked clay? Meteor shower?

It is said the year of the incident is 570 CE but some say it is earlier, which seems close enough to tree ring records of Baillie, 540 CE.

My two cents, fwiw.

I'm about 8% into HoM (first-time kindle reader). Laura, your writing style is really excellent - I was concerned that the kindle would be difficult since I often like to glance back a quick page or two when the info content is so high. But your style/delivery makes it unnecessary to do so.

Thanks much!! :)

Biomiast said:
I know you mentioned in the end about tracking comets in history in future volumes, and maybe you already know this, but have you ever heard about Year of the Elephant that happened in Mecca before Mohammad was born?
Hello Biomast,
Although Islamic historiography is very suspicious, it is possible that it absorbed some local tradition or traditions borrowed from somewhere else.
The mention of stones from heaven as mentioned in the elephant story is clearly a reference to a cometary bombardment. I remember however reading about a similar story elsewhere (maybe the Bible?). Since the Islamic cult (as is Judaism) is a comet worship (the black stone from the sky), many traces can be found in the Koranic text itself (transformed into a worship of an abstract supernatural deity afterwards). The thing is that the rewrote history and it is difficult to trace what really happened with precision. Have you seen this article in SOTT? http://www.sott.net/article/255348-Buried-Christian-empire-casts-new-light-on-early-Islam

Yes, I'm aware of the year of the elephant. But we are a long way from there right now. That part has already been written but it is two or three volumes in the future.

mkrnhr said:
The thing is that the rewrote history and it is difficult to trace what really happened with precision. Have you seen this article in SOTT?

Hi mkrnhr,

Yes, I am sure they changed it somehow, because the legend contains some stupid claims such as stones only harming men and not the animals. I have not seen that Sott article, it is very interesting. About these times, I only know legends in Quran, not the actual history, so I can't wait to read Laura's take on it.

Laura said:
Yes, I'm aware of the year of the elephant. But we are a long way from there right now. That part has already been written but it is two or three volumes in the future.

Great! Your books make me realize how ignorant I am about the things I think I know, so I am looking forward to read the future volumes.

Just wanted to chime in to say that after reading C&tHoM, following up in this further compendium part from SHotW, am truly humbled. Reading in-depth, often reading sections over again, this dark well of our history starts to show a little water at the bottom that this careful “diving” by Laura has brought to the surface.

Having fully programmed/ingrained ignorance of the past, taking the classic environs and referenced gods and envisioning so many possibilities - focusing on our mechanical spheres as if it were they that ran amuck etc., has defined much past thinking. What has been put forth in prior books, and continuing to this book; and it is not over, has been a study of immense connection of matters prior that were just un-connectable in my thinking (now being given new keys). Delving into the philosophers/stoics/cynics and control religions, as well as the scribes (some well known) who helped make them, helped give them historical roots and false meaning, along with the now subtle reminders of who these former mentioned really were and what they stood for, amongst so much more in these pages, has made an indelible mark. It all makes one kind of realize that humankind, through its very control systems, has invested us in so much false stock, teaching us endless rivers of part truths and pure deceptions, that it can possibly eat up our lives, as we can become so invested looking in all the wrong places. Here now, in the 21st century, it seems we have indeed been wandering blindly in the dessert, and yet if looking carefully through these mists, a lantern can be seen to help one find their way.

Big thank you! :clap:

While reading and enjoying I found a typo in footnote 100 of Chapter 8 (page 356) regarding the Schröder-Hipparchus numbers.

The note states the following series: 1, 1, 3, 11, 45, 197, 903, 4279, 4279, 103049, …

According to Wikipedia this should read: 1, 1, 3, 11, 45, 197, 903, 4279, 20793, 103049, ...

Just a minor glitch but worth reporting I presume. :)

I'm currently reading it for the second time. I've noticed a couple of typos here and there, as well. Should there be a dedicated thread for us to post errors (like the one dedicated to the Wave Online)?

I'm currently at 61% of the book, and enjoying every page! The "script" is masterfully designed, with the intensity building up for every page. I guess 'the fat lady will sing' (sorry, a little opera humor) in the last chapters of the last volume ;)

I found that you can get the book 'The Lives and Opinions by Eminent Philosophers' by Laertius for free as a Kindle version:

_http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A4JVM5E/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1360214909&sr=1-1

I hope that, as ya'll read the book, you'll feel inspired to write a review on amazon.

Back
Top Bottom