Corona craziness

Motels are offering "day rates", but it's not for illicit trysts! It's for folks now having to work at home, but don't have the private space needed.

This from Red Roof Inn:

Red Roof
In response to the current interruption of working environments, Red Roof offers Work Under Our Roof Day Rate to provide a comfortable and quiet space for remote workers.
Red Roof is providing day rates to help remote workers find quiet and comfortable spaces to allow them to focus.
With closures of non-essential businesses across the nation, including coffee shops, coworking spaces and libraries, many households are trying to find dedicated space at home to work as a result of tighter living quarters due to home schooling mandates and recommendations to practice social distancing. Red Roof is giving workers across the country an alternative option through its Work Under Our Roof program that provides safe, convenient and comfortable “workspaces.”
Work Under Our Roof Day Rate
Rates starting at:
$29.00
plus tax
Monday - Friday from 8am - 6pm
with same day check-in and check-out.

This is too funny, of course I do not need beer to live, others do :rotfl:
The fear of contagion took a back seat to the fear of not having beer for 30 days.

Rumor of alcohol drinks prohibition in Nuevo Leon State (Mexico) has sparked panic buying for beer. Later the governor clarified that, there would be no such prohibition, only the production of beer in the entity would be stopped, since it is not an essential activity of the coronavirus state of emergency in the country.

Federal Government: #StayHome
State Government: #DryLaw (alcohol sell prohibition)
Heineken: We're not making any more beer for 30 days.
People: ...

Here in my town they imposed the dry law, it's not a Rappi convention, everybody's clinging to the alcohol #beer #Resist

This doesn't fall into the "craziness" category, but didn't want to post it in the more serious world/politics Corona thread.
I have been seeing a LOT of empathy, caring and consideration in our little area.
The town is rather small, only 11,000 people, and the families living here are generational, 2nd and 3rd generations that own the different shops, and the kids and grandkids take over the businesses when they grow up.

A young lady from this town, whom I have known for about 25 years ,posted the following statement in quotes on her FB page this morning.

I have known her since she was a surly, scrappy, crazy motorcycle riding teenager, and she would shock her mother and I
with her mean and petty "Slutty Girl" stories.
Our counsel and advice always seemed to fall on deaf ears.
I truly thought she was screwed up beyond redemption, from her behaviour at times.

She is now a wife, a committed business partner with her husband,(they own and operate a local pub/dining establishment) and the Mother of 5 really awesome kids.

She wrote:
"As the weeks go on, the lockdowns continue, and people lose their income, there may be people out there who simply cannot afford the day to day necessities.
If you are concerned about you or your child not being able to eat breakfast, lunch or dinner feel free to PM (private msg) me with no fear, guilt or shame. I will do what I can to help. A cooked meal, a box of cereal, milk, bread, eggs, cheese, jam, whatever it may be, I will do my best to help.
Do not feel embarrassed as we all need help at times and we’re all in this together.
If you can help one person feed their family during this time, even just one meal then copy and paste to your page to let others know they can come to you for support xx "
💖

This doesn't fall into the "craziness" category, but didn't want to post it in the more serious world/politics Corona thread.
I have been seeing a LOT of empathy, caring and consideration in our little area.
The town is rather small, only 11,000 people, and the families living here are generational, 2nd and 3rd generations that own the different shops, and the kids and grandkids take over the businesses when they grow up.

A young lady from this town, whom I have known for about 25 years ,posted the following statement in quotes on her FB page this morning.

I have known her since she was a surly, scrappy, crazy motorcycle riding teenager, and she would shock her mother and I
with her mean and petty "Slutty Girl" stories.
Our counsel and advice always seemed to fall on deaf ears.
I truly thought she was screwed up beyond redemption, from her behaviour at times.

She is now a wife, a committed business partner with her husband,(they own and operate a local pub/dining establishment) and the Mother of 5 really awesome kids.

She wrote:
"As the weeks go on, the lockdowns continue, and people lose their income, there may be people out there who simply cannot afford the day to day necessities.
If you are concerned about you or your child not being able to eat breakfast, lunch or dinner feel free to PM (private msg) me with no fear, guilt or shame. I will do what I can to help. A cooked meal, a box of cereal, milk, bread, eggs, cheese, jam, whatever it may be, I will do my best to help.
Do not feel embarrassed as we all need help at times and we’re all in this together.
If you can help one person feed their family during this time, even just one meal then copy and paste to your page to let others know they can come to you for support xx "
💖
Probably a lot of us were awful teenagers. I know I was. Takes a long time and a lot of experience to grow into responsible adulthood. Gives me hope for the future.

Attachments

• 1585944076278.png
    1585944076278.png
    1 MB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom