I can understand this.
But oblige baskets, beats me :-O

That's all they had :rolleyes:

As far as I understand it, it's to keep track of how many people are in the stores. In some supermarkets they do this with carts. They have a set amount of baskets or carts in use, that they supposedly clean after customers return it. They probably needed you to take a basket as well because that store counts by the basket?

As far as I understand it, it's to keep track of how many people are in the stores. In some supermarkets they do this with carts. They have a set amount of baskets or carts in use, that they supposedly clean after customers return it. They probably needed you to take a basket as well because that store counts by the basket?

Possible, or maybe just to get you to have one hand busy so you cannot behave like the label collector in @etezete 's post ;-)

I keep reporting from Bavariy, Germany. Yesterday they released a schedule of fines here in Bavaria (in german) and today we witnessed the first very loud argument between two people at the tram stop which began because one of them found that the other didn't keep the distance of at least 1,5 metres. Of course the complainer shouted something about reporting the other man to the police. So all the busybodies will happily turn into Blockwarts, my guess. That said, how broad are the sidewalks in your town or city? Here they are mostly just that one to one and a half metres wide.

People are going out into the beautiful nature which surrounds us because it is wonderful weather, sky is blue, sun shining - and they do it in such never seen before masses that authorities already said that they are going to close parks and everything if people don't stay home. To add a little more to the craziness a wildfire has broken out in our local urban forest here, they say 20000 squaremetres are burning. It wasn't very dry lately, so I wonder where that comes from or even if it is true.

Today in our shop there was a guy who I already know as a label collector (yes that exists, people who collect beer labels), he came 5 minutes before we close, I told him so, he shrugged and went on touching literally every bottle. There were other customers still at the cassier desk, so I wanted to wait till they are gone before I wanted to tell him that he shouldn't touch every bottle. At that moment he sneezed loudly, took out his good old cloth handkerchief and honked his nose, rubbed his fingers on the handkerchief put it away and went on touching... all other customers in our shop were like frozen. then I shouted stop! I asked him to please touch only those bottles he wants to buy. Another customer commented also and said like 'dude, peeps should stay away from each other at least 1,5 metres and you are spreading your bacilli, what do you think?' He angrily left the shop.

All in all I see so many people still fast asleep. I talked to some peeps yesterday about my concerns about the erosion of basic rights, and heard the same 'oh this is only for a short time, it is crazy to mention dictatorship' which I did, referring to two dictaturships we already had here. One of them is married to a woman from eastern Germany. I said to him: "Sure. Nobody wants to build a wall." He looked at me and I could tell he thought I am crazy. Well. I don't care that much. And we will see what happens.

Uh Oh! Censorship. It must have struck a nerve!
Got this message :
This video has been removed for violating YouTube's Terms of Service

Wow that was fast! Can't have people knowing the truth.
And I was just talking about censorship:
Just tried to watch video,luc. Come's up This video has been removed for violating You Tubes Terms of Service.
Looks like they don't like that one.

Someone re-uploaded it - guess it won't last long either (grabbed a copy just in case):

I have not posted on this forum for a very long time, but now feel the urgent need to participate and share with other members my information and observations at this time.

My history is in healthcare, I am a retired nurse, I live in the southern interior of BC. For the last 20 years or so before I retired, my area of practice had been in residential care (care of the elderly). I loved working in this area, I found there was greater autonomy between the nursing staff and physicians, they relied on our experience and clinical knowledge working with cognitively impaired adults to interpret changes and convey that information enabling them to diagnose and treat.

I have worked in three countries and many different practice areas during my career. I am finding it slow going at the moment typing this post, I am having chills, I have no temp and feel well, but the shaking is bothersome and slowing me down.

I had a phone conversation with a former colleague, she works at the same care facility I retired from. She was a little cagey. Employees are bound by a confidentially agreement as term of employment, that includes a warning regarding the organizational practices, with threat of loss of employment.

She did inform me that yes there was an outbreak of respiratory illness at the facility confined to a unit that is secure and for the severely cognitively impaired. They performed swabs and the results came back Respiratory Syncytial Virus, this from the Mayo Clinic..

Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) causes infections of the lungs and respiratory tract. It's so common that most children have been infected with the virus by age 2. Respiratory syncytial (sin-SISH-ul) virus can also infect adults.
In adults and older, healthy children, RSV symptoms are mild and typically mimic the common cold. Self-care measures are usually all that's needed to relieve any discomfort.
RSV can cause severe infection in some people, especially premature babies, older adults, infants and adults with heart and lung disease, or anyone with a very weak immune system (immunocompromised).

This is an article from 2000 The American Society for Microbiology

Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection in Adults

Abstract
Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is now recognized as a significant problem in certain adult populations. These include the elderly, persons with cardiopulmonary diseases, and immunocompromised hosts. Epidemiological evidence indicates that the impact of RSV in older adults may be similar to that of nonpandemic influenza. In addition, RSV has been found to cause 2 to 5% of adult community-acquired pneumonias. Attack rates in nursing homes are approximately 5 to 10% per year, with significant rates of pneumonia (10 to 20%) and death (2 to 5%). Clinical features may be difficult to distinguish from those of influenza but include nasal congestion, cough, wheezing, and low-grade fever. Bone marrow transplant patients prior to marrow engraftment are at highest risk for pneumonia and death. Diagnosis of RSV infection in adults is difficult because viral culture and antigen detection are insensitive, presumably due to low viral titers in nasal secretions, but early bronchoscopy is valuable in immunosuppressed patients. Treatment of RSV in the elderly is largely supportive, whereas early therapy with ribavirin and intravenous gamma globulin is associated with improved survival in immunocompromised persons. An effective RSV vaccine has not yet been developed, and thus prevention of RSV infection is limited to standard infection control practices such as hand washing and the use of gowns and gloves.

The southern Interior, is a huge healthcare region of BC, here is an infographic to give some context, the population is over 750,000people.

The latest figures posted yesterday from BC CDC are as follows

British Columbia

• 792 confirmed cases as of March 27.
    • 275 recovered in BC
    • 16 deaths in BC
    • Cases by region:
      • 262 in Fraser Health
      • 70 in Interior Health
      • 57 in Island Health
      • 12 in Northern Health
      • 391 in Vancouver Coastal Health.
  • 36,643 tests complete.
This is a gross misrepresentation of a healthcare situation, as the forum is aware and voicing, I have more to add and will continue, but I have to leave off, warm up, and have a smoke.

I keep reporting from Bavariy, Germany. Yesterday they released a schedule of fines here in Bavaria (in german) and today we witnessed the first very loud argument between two people at the tram stop which began because one of them found that the other didn't keep the distance of at least 1,5 metres. Of course the complainer shouted something about reporting the other man to the police. So all the busybodies will happily turn into Blockwarts, my guess. That said, how broad are the sidewalks in your town or city? Here they are mostly just that one to one and a half metres wide.

Oh my. I had a strange experience as well - went to a garden center/tree vendor with my wife to collect gifts someone made to us. We used to like this place a lot. At the beginning, everything seemed fine - until I dared approach one of the employees (who was chatting with a colleague) to ask him a question. To be honest, I had totally forgotten about this corona madness for a second - slip in awareness. So I came a little close to him - still at least 1 meter. Suddenly the guy turns around when he noticed me and literally JUMPED away from me! Then he made a comment like "oh, forgot something, no? Keep the distance"? I was so surprised and shocked by this reaction that I replied "oh yeah, 100 meter at least!" He didn't like that. Later, he looked at me with so much hostility that I just wanted to get out of there. My wife also overheard 2 other employees chatting and being angry about the owner of the place for daring to still open the shop! One of them then said "but he is also the kind of person who still lets the kids see their grandparents!" Jesus... Another employee I approached kept moving away from me, keeping more than 2m distance! She also made a nasty comment along the lines that "we must all adapt now". We later saw a sign somewhere that said "2m minimum", even though the official rule is 1,5m. I was really furious and disturbed, but also didn't handle it too well. All I could manage was keep my anger to myself and try to remain polite.

I have empathy for people who are just afraid because they don't have enough information. But this is something else - these people are NUTS. Gone over to the dark side. Be careful out there everyone! Expect the worst. Better be positively surprised than letting your awareness slip. Who knows what these a****les are capable of.

Bill Gates is speaking on the virus with quite the smirk on his face

Short interview on CNN (where's the vom emoji?)

Here's a longer interview... Haven't watched, will watch and highlight any pertinent points the master of vaccines brings up

I've now watched both... And my conclusion is Bill Gates looks VERY happy... His body language is that of someone who knows his time has arrived.

Anyways, here is the summary

• Bill looks to be dedicating most of his time to the matter of disease and vaccination. His foundation works both with private and public entities. He described his organisation as a 'bridge'
  • Bill is FIRMLY in the lockdown camp. I got the impression he is clued up on what's going on here i.e. from a consortium angle.
  • Bill mentioned a new type of vaccine... RNA VACCINES... Does anyone know much about this type of vaccine?
  • Bill thinks the west will get over the virus in 2 or so months but reckons poorer countries in the southern hemisphere will get hit hard later this year.
  • Bill's foundation is at the forefront working on the therapeutics for this virus, partnering with MasterCard. What they are doing is getting in all the therapies suggested, triaging them and channeling funding to the most promising.
  • Bill reckons that at the end of all this, everyone will have a certificate stating whether they were infected and now have the antibodies, got vaccinated or neither. Freedom of movement will be restricted for those in the 'neither' category.
  • Bill reckons there will be another pandemic after this one and this one will make us better prepared for the next one.
  • Lastly, Bill came across as one evil super villain whose master plan is about to come to fruition. His body language couldn't have been any more confident and positive... He is super energised, fingers in multiple pies, clued up, knows the movers and shakers, not restricted by borders and most of all, gave away no signs of worry.
To me, Bill looked like Lex Luthor... A man with infinite wealth, highly connected and can exert soft power from the shadows... He has fingers in multiple pies, has dreams and ambitions of tackling the biggest issues facing man... Is probably led by an ideology where he thinks he is doing the world a great service and is probably a saviour but in reality he is nothing short of a villain.

What Bill needs is a Superman, a man to thwart him and his plans at every turn.

God help us all.

One last thing: Bill justified the need for tough lockdowns by stating it's easy to do money and economy as compared to bringing dead people back to life. So he is all about sacrificing the economy, taking the pain to keep this virus under control.

I have empathy for people who are just afraid because they don't have enough information. But this is something else - these people are NUTS. Gone over to the dark side. Be careful out there everyone! Expect the worst. Better be positively surprised than letting your awareness slip. Who knows what these a****les are capable of. luc

This is our personal experience also in Montreal yesterday. And even in the small village where we live. I made reference to this previously but the intensity seems to be increasing. This is a good time to be self-observant, as there are very severe bouts of energy flowing through us... From outside to inside! Good luck to all! As I previously wrote, the Stephen King novel is coming to fruition - not that I have read more than 2.... Hahaha... There may be a GOOD reason to self-insulate?! At least here we can see it!!!

This is our personal experience also in Montreal yesterday. And even in the small village where we live. I made reference to this previously but the intensity seems to be increasing. This is a good time to be self-observant, as there are very severe bouts of energy flowing through us... From outside to inside! Good luck to all! As I previously wrote, the Stephen King novel is coming to fruition - not that I have read more than 2.... Hahaha... There may be a GOOD reason to self-insulate?! At least here we can see it!!!
King know that when things go bad people are totally taken by the dark side.

Today I bough flowers finally. Yesterday I was going to a store and had suddenly the insight, seeing a man just passing on the street near me, that it can be dangerous to walk alone on small streets. I did not like how the man look at me. So yes, we have to be very very careful: if before nuts were free now nuts are aggressive because of this quarantaine. So my pepper spray will be with me always.

To continue on from my previous post, btw I do not have symptoms of COVID, I think I had it back in December last year.

My colleague related to me that there are a handful cases at the hospital where I live, does not know if they are in ICU, the remain cases are in self isolation. Apparently a whole floor has been set aside to receive patients, I have lost contact with colleagues that are working in Acute Care, so have no reliable information.

I was also informed that the reason for the RSV outbreak was from resident/s coming into the facility from other areas within the southern interior or the community.

I am aware this is all anecdotal.

Care facilities and the Regional hospital are closed to all visitors with the exception of those that have loved ones that are palliative. Leads me to believe...nothing new here that they don't want the general public aware of this hoax.

Also the mandated shopping hours for seniors 0700-0800. Just my thought, they don't want the community to see a viable, active and healthy aging population walking around, it would show the threat to and aging population as another hoax. I don't recall governments ever having concern for an aging population.

OH MY GOD! :scared:

Is anyone reading about mRNA Vaccines? This type of vaccine is in all likelihood what we're going to have to be injected with!

I don't know much about vaccines, is anyone well versed in them? I'm reading that this mRNA Vaccines main advantage is it can be made quicker and allows them to do much more with them than with traditional vaccines?

file-20200309-118960-14vp331.jpg
This scanning electron microscope image shows SARS-CoV-2 (round blue objects) emerging from the surface of cells cultured in the lab. NIAID-RMLCoronavirus: A new type of vaccine using RNA could help defeat COVID-19
Sanjay Mishra, Robert Carnahan, Vanderbilt University
March 26, 2020 2.59pm EDT

A century ago, on July 26, 1916, a viral disease swept through New York. Within 24 hours, new cases of polio increased by more than 68%. The outbreak killed more than 2,000 people in New York City alone. Across the United States, polio took the lives of about 6,000 people in 1916, leaving thousands more paralyzed.
Although scientists had already identified the polio virus, it took 50 more years to develop a vaccine. That vaccine eradicated polio in the U.S. in less than a decade. Vaccines are one of the most effective modern disease-fighting tools.
As of this writing, the fast-spreading COVID-19 has already infected almost half a million worldwide, and has killed over 22,000 patients. There is an urgent need for a vaccine to prevent it from infecting and killing millions more. But traditional vaccine development takes, on average, 16 years.
So how can scientists quickly develop a vaccine for SARS-CoV-2?
As immunologists, we are trying to expedite development of vaccines and antibody therapeutics. We’re currently developing novel vaccine candidates for Zika, and have successfully developed a potential protective antibody-based treatment – in 90 days – to stop that viral disease. Fast-track “sprints” like these are part of the Pandemic Protection Platform Program run by the Defense Advanced Research Agency of the U.S. Department of Defense to help us identify and deploy protective antibody treatments against viral outbreaks, such as SARS-CoV-2. Now other colleagues of ours are working on expediting a new type of vaccine for COVID-19.
A primer on vaccines
A vaccine trains the body’s immune system to recognize some signature viral protein called an antigen. SARS-CoV-2, like other coronaviruses, is named for the crown-like spikes on its surface. There are three proteins on the surface of these viruses: the envelope, membrane and spike, which encapsulate a strand of RNA. This RNA molecule holds the genetic instructions that make up the virus.

file-20200309-167285-1p9yqjv.png
The virus SARS-CoV-2 uses the spike proteins (red) adorning its outer surface to invade the human cells. SARS-CoV-2 causes the disease COVID-19. CDC/Alissa Eckert, MS; Dan Higgins, MAM

But viruses do not make their own components. Instead, a coronovirus enters into the lung and possibly other respiratory track cells by attaching through to them via its spike protein. Once inside, the viral RNA becomes part of the host cell’s protein production machinery, and produces new copies of viral proteins and RNA which then assemble into thousands of new viruses to spread the disease.
So one way to stop a disease is to block the virus from entering the cells. Vaccines do that by training the body to identify and attack the virus before it can infect healthy human cells.
A vaccine is essentially a pure preparation of one or more key components of the virus – such as the envelope, spike or a membrane protein – that is injected in the body to give the immune system a preview of the virus without causing disease. This preview tells the immune system to seek out and attack the virus containing those specific proteins if the real virus ever shows up.
However, developing vaccines based on viral proteins takes anywhere from years, such as for the human papilloma virus, to several decades, such as for rotavirus. Protein-based vaccines require mass production of viral proteins in facilities which can guarantee their purity. Growing the viruses and purifying the proteins at medically acceptable pharmaceutical scales can take years. In fact, for some of recent epidemics, such as AIDS, Zika and Ebola, to date there are no effective vaccines.
How to make a new type of vaccine quickly
To make an effective vaccine more quickly against never-before-seen, fast-spreading viruses such as SARS-CoV-2, researchers at Vanderbilt and elsewhere are using alternate approaches. In one approach, instead of proteins, a new generation of vaccines, called mRNA vaccines, will carry the molecular instructions to make the protein.
file-20200323-112694-13uihk7.jpg
Rather than produce a protein vaccine, scientists at Moderna are instead giving patients the mRNA (the vaccine) that allow the individual’s body to manufacture the vaccine proteins itself. udaix/Shutterstock.com
Instead of the standard vaccines where viral proteins are used to immunize, an mRNA vaccine provides a synthetic mRNA of the virus, which the host body then uses to produce the viral proteins itself.
The biggest advantage of the mRNA vaccines is that they can bypass the hassle of producing pure viral proteins, sometimes saving months or years to standardize and ramp up the mass production.
The mRNA vaccines basically mimic the natural infection of the virus, but they contain only a short synthetic version of the viral mRNA which encodes only the antigen protein. Since the mRNA used in vaccination cannot become part of the person’s chromosomes, they are safe to use. Such mRNA vaccines would also be safer than the weakened viral or protein-based vaccines because they do not carry the risk of the injected virus becoming active, or a protein contamination.
An mRNA vaccine for COVID-19 to undergo trial
Using this strategy, biotechnology firm Moderna Inc. announced on Feb. 24 that it had rapidly developed an experimental COVID-19 mRNA vaccine called mRNA-1273, ready for clinical trials in humans. This vaccine candidate is funded by the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations, in collaboration with the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. The mRNA-1273 encodes for a stable form of the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein.
The idea of using mRNA to ask the human body to read the instructions and manufacture the viral proteins is not new. Researchers almost two decades ago demonstrated that externally supplied mRNA is translated into the encoded protein. However, mRNA is not a very stable molecule, which prevented those mRNA vaccines from becoming a reality. The mRNA-1273 vaccine being developed today uses chemical modifications to stabilize the mRNA and packages it into an injectable form using liquid nano particles.
file-20200323-112694-10dmr6h.jpg
The new mRNA vaccine provides the body with the instructions to manufacture the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein. This protein gives the immune system a preview of the virus. NIHRNA-based antibodies
Besides using mRNA as a vaccine, scientists are also using mRNA as a drug that can be given intravenously. In this case the mRNA encodes an antibody protein that is known to attack the virus. So instead of giving the patient a delivery of protein antibodies, physicians could instead give them the mRNA infusion for instructions to make their own copies of disease-fighting antibody proteins.
Effective antibodies can be quickly identified by screening the survivors of a disease. But producing such antibodies for therapy often faces hurdles of poor yields, inefficient purification and incorrect protein modifications.
The effectiveness of such strategy has already been demonstrated by James Crowe’s team here at Vanderbilt. In animal studies, an antibody previously isolated from a survivor of Chikungunya, an emergent, mosquito-borne tropical viral infection that causes chronic and debilitating joint pain and arthritis was encoded as an mRNA and given to mice. The mRNA encoded antibody protected mice against infection and virus-associated arthritis, and also created protective antibodies in macaques. The mRNA based antibody is now undergoing clinical trials.
Similarly, specific antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 are being isolated from COVID-19 survivors. The genetic instructions for the most effective anti-coronavirus antibodies can be encoded as mRNA. These mRNA encoded antibodies can be used to treat patients needing urgent care.
While there are several promising new approaches, all of these are still experimental. Our best protection against COVID-19 currently remains prevention and containment of the disease. Until we have a good vaccine against SARS-CoV-2, social distancing and vigilance is our best weapon.
[Get facts about coronavirus and the latest research. Sign up for our newsletter.]
Comment on this article
Sanjay Mishra
Postdoctoral Scholar of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology, Vanderbilt University

Robert Carnahan
Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University

Robert Carnahan receives funding from DARPA and NIH.
Sanjay Mishra does not work for, consult, own shares in or receive funding from any company or organisation that would benefit from this article, and has disclosed no relevant affiliations beyond their academic appointment.
Vanderbilt University provides funding as a founding partner of The Conversation US.
You might also like
Vaccines without needles – new shelf-stable film could revolutionize how medicines are distributed worldwide
R0: How scientists quantify the intensity of an outbreak like coronavirus and predict the pandemic's spread
A newly designed vaccine may help stamp out remaining polio cases worldwide
How vaccination is helping to prevent another flu pandemic

Copyright © 2010–2020

Where I live, it's a ghost town, I was out shopping yesterday, in my designated time slot. The look of strain on people faces is amazing. The social compliance and grooming going on is unbelievable, one man broke away from his designated position and engaged me in conversation, mostly about the changing weather patterns, he lived in the prairies and voiced concern of the tornados that have been occurring in the prairies, he said he had never seen it so bad before. His wife gave him a filthy look and he promptly stepped back on the area marked out as a safe distance.

This is psychopathological, elite, PTB, 4D using our emotions, mostly fear to police one another, who needs handlers, when the population that are ignorant and unaware can police themselves.

If this does not highlight the C's saying knowledge protects ignorance endangers, then I don't know what does.

My concern is how many of those restrictions will be left in place if/when this bogus pandemic ends, and also what is going on behind the scenes with so many people on lockdown, I think it yesterday on the RT early broadcast, the presenter said that 3 billion of the worlds population are now in self isolation.

It is pretty much obvious, we are now in a cashless society, all purchases monitored and logged, makes it easier for the PTB to control supply lines, reminiscent of 1984 movie, chocolate rations increased double plus good, double speak. The unemployment figures are staggering at present, I wonder how many will have a job to return to, will this bring the mentioned Universal Income, another way of maintaining compliance and quashing dissent, will this be used as a soft kill for those don't comply.

This is very bleak. I will finish for now, I have to go the pharmacy to pick up a prescription later, and am curious to find out if there will be any disruption in the drug supply, I don't use the generic form of medication, it's rubbish. another con job on the population, drive down the cost of an ever burgeoning healthcare budget.

Will report back and share the information I receive.

Back
Top Bottom