"Coronavirus deaths take a long-expected turn for the worse"
Propaganda case study: I'm posting this AP-sourced article only to point out that it's about 1200 words, but has no charts, graphs, etc. In my local media, I don't recall ever seeing one graph of deaths. So what's the take-away? I suspect it's to hit readers with a headline and a wall of text, but no big picture. The big picture actually runs counter to the wall of text. Presumably readers will remember the title, not read or remember most of the rest (much less challenge it), and the sky will continue to fall.

The CDC shows that this week's deaths (as of yesterday, missing only one day of data) at 302. Last week was 1024. The week before was 2532. See the trend?
[Provisional Death Counts for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)]

Note that I'm not addressing the fundamental validity of the death count here. This is about observing the propaganda, which is contradicted by the establishment's own data.

Thanks, Nucifera, for bringing this up. Reminds me of the prime time news of the second german TV Station (ZDF) of yesterday, someone send it to me via telegram, because I don't watch the news or any television. The presenter tells his audience without a blink that 130 million americans already died because of CoviD-19! LOL! Watch yourself: (it is of course in german).

Thanks, Nucifera, for bringing this up. Reminds me of the prime time news of the second german TV Station (ZDF) of yesterday, someone send it to me via telegram, because I don't watch the news or any television. The presenter tells his audience without a blink that 130 million americans already died because of CoviD-19! LOL! Watch yourself: (it is of course in german).
Close, that death count is only off by one zero. 😉 Here are the present CDC stats: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Disclaimer: CDC stats are used for entertainment purposes only.

Others can correct me if I’m wrong, but I think that with “strategic enclosure to the max” the C’s didn’t mean that we should completely ‘turn the other cheek’, but to be strategic in our ‘resistance’. So, maximum strategy, yes, but not maximum surrender. It of course depends on the situation and where you live, but I think that some civil disobedience, like not wearing a mask, sends an important signal to others (if it doesn’t get you in too much trouble).
I used to think this. I changed for shopping after the C's warning to reduce agitation combined with strategic enclosure to the max. Some argue that I am still not complying by wearing a face shield instead of a face mask, and they might be technically correct, but most people seeing me in a face shield do not think that I'm not attempting to be considerate. At work I am still able to not wear anything because no one has said anything to me.

It's a beautiful day here, so I went out for some errands. There were lots of people out and about. Many didn't wear muzzles, which are not required outdoors. However, some did — including some bicyclists. :huh: The strangest thing I saw was when I drove past the local Tobacco Town. Three people were outside smoking — with anti-respiratory face coverings on. I went by too quickly to see how they accomplished that. Perhaps the physical gyrations simply follow the mental ones. And people certainly seem to be going mental.

Others can correct me if I’m wrong, but I think that with “strategic enclosure to the max” the C’s didn’t mean that we should completely ‘turn the other cheek’, but to be strategic in our ‘resistance’. So, maximum strategy, yes, but not maximum surrender. It of course depends on the situation and where you live, but I think that some civil disobedience, like not wearing a mask, sends an important signal to others (if it doesn’t get you in too much trouble).

Maybe this is not what you meant at all, but it’s something that came to my mind while reading your post

The problem is if I resist the temperature check, I won't be allowed to work - and before I return, I will have to submit myself to the "contact tracing" BS and "test negative". So this really is a situation where I if I submit to the temperature check and I'm high for some reason, my freedom is basically gone from that time on.

I'm thinking of consulting a lawyer to see what my options are, but in this corrupt state even if I have a case, I am sure I would lose in court. It might be just a waste of time.

I may just go ahead and have them test me, and if I do have a high temp for some reason, I will tell them right then and there that I'm giving my two week's notice and filing for early retirement. That way I could maybe avoid the tracing and testing, as I'd never have to set foot in that building again since I'd have to be gone for more than two weeks anyway (plus I'd get paid sick leave!).

I couldn't survive for long on what I'd get, but it would buy me enough time to get my stuff together and find out where I could go to from there. The way things are going, it might be enough to keep me going until the real changes start to occur, when working may be the least of my problems.

I hope no one else is going through this...

It really does depend on where you live. In eastern Europe, we have a kind of encoded distrust of the police - a memory from the time of communism. We don't call the police for every little thing, and we don't generally call them for 'help'. Police means trouble.

I guess in the US where they call the cops for everything and sue everybody over everything and the cops shoot first and the judges are corrupt, some strategies just don't work that well. And clearly not only there. What Wandering Star describes is just messed up.

On the other hand, I keep hearing from people in the US (including for example Mikovits) that there are legal ways to protect yourself from much of this bullshit, from vaccination, illegal actions by the government, and so on. So you have to know your environment and adjust your strategy to your situation and place.

I used to think I live in a stupid country, but listening to people in this thread, I can't really think of where else I could go these days and view it as an improvement. I can really get away with a lot here, and while my ideas may sometimes sound like jokes, I'm not exaggerating.

During this whole circus, really the only inconvenience that happened to me was that cashier telling me to put my mask on, and had I been in the mood to argue, I'd have probably gotten away with refusing. Other than that, I've pretty much been doing whatever I wanted and nobody said anything. I think while most people here went along with everything, they mostly just wanted to be left alone. So they don't defy the government, but they don't defy me either when I do something else. There aren't that many who get actively involved in policing others.

But yeah, certainly like in many places you have to be a lot more careful. Let's hope something happens that changes this madness soon, because some parts of the world are getting really insane.

Texas hospital says man, 30, died after attending 'COVID party'

A Texas hospital says a patient who was a healthy young man died from coronavirus after attending a “COVID” party.

The unidentified 30-year-old man died at Methodist Hospital in San Antonio, according to the hospital’s top doctor, Jane Appleby.

“This is a party held by somebody diagnosed with the COVID virus, and the thought is people get together to see if the virus is real and if anyone gets infected,” Appleby said, NBC 4 San Antonio reported Friday.

“Just before the person died they looked at the nurse and they said, ‘I think I made a mistake. I thought it was a hoax but it's not,” she said, according to the station.

I don't even know how to respond to this. One of my co-workers said the other day, sarcastically as far as I took it, "Texas is the new Wuhan." 🙄

Then there is also these I saw:

Texas cities want to send COVID patients to Austin – but is space available?

Is a 35-day shutdown coming to Austin?

No shutdown recommended after Austin hospitals see COVID-19 admissions decline

With record 10,000 in hospital, Abbott warns: ‘Things will get worse’

Austin Convention Center being prepped as field hospital for coronavirus patients

Oy vey.

Oh yeah, forgot these gems.

Texas overpaid $32M in unemployment benefits. Now it wants the money back

Texas reverses course, says it won't collect overpaid unemployment benefits in instances when it was the state's mistake

A Texas Workforce Commission spokesperson said he was previously unaware that a judicial order bars the state from recovering funds when the overpayment is the agency's fault.

Workers who lost their jobs and received overpayments from the Texas Workforce Commission won’t have to pay back those unemployment benefits if it was the state’s mistake, commission officials now say.

So then now they come up with this

Austin crafting rules expected to fine those who don’t wear masks up to $2K

AUSTIN (KXAN) — On Thursday, Austin City Council unanimously approved two ordinances that create penalties for not following existing government orders related to COVID-19. One of these ordinances is expected to impose a fine of up to $2,000 for violations of a Health Authority order to wear face coverings.

The specifics of enforcement and the exact wording of the ordinance remain unclear.

They really DO want their money back. $2K are you serious???

The problem is if I resist the temperature check, I won't be allowed to work - and before I return, I will have to submit myself to the "contact tracing" BS and "test negative". So this really is a situation where I if I submit to the temperature check and I'm high for some reason, my freedom is basically gone from that time on.

I'm thinking of consulting a lawyer to see what my options are, but in this corrupt state even if I have a case, I am sure I would lose in court. It might be just a waste of time.

I may just go ahead and have them test me, and if I do have a high temp for some reason, I will tell them right then and there that I'm giving my two week's notice and filing for early retirement. That way I could maybe avoid the tracing and testing, as I'd never have to set foot in that building again since I'd have to be gone for more than two weeks anyway (plus I'd get paid sick leave!).

I couldn't survive for long on what I'd get, but it would buy me enough time to get my stuff together and find out where I could go to from there. The way things are going, it might be enough to keep me going until the real changes start to occur, when working may be the least of my problems.

I hope no one else is going through this...

@Ketone Cop are they going to use the temperature gun to take your temperature?

If yes, that only measures your skin temperature. I know this as I had to submit myself to this gun when I went to the dentist.

The lady told me a few people had failed the temperature check the week prior but that was because we had a heat wave and so there skin temperature was up - especially given that prior to going in for an appt, one has to wait outside rather than in reception.

So if you fail the temperature check that doesn't mean your freedom is automatically gone as you can just claim it's hot outside and so your skin temperature is elevated as a result.

What they'd have to do to verify you have a fever is take your core temperature - at least that's what the lady told me.

Texas hospital says man, 30, died after attending 'COVID party'

Has this been verified? I read the article but can't play the Fox video. Did they name the victim, interview anyone that knew him, etc.? Color me skeptical without more info.

A 34-year-old man is said to have died in Vancouver, WA on Tuesday. Is this a new trend? If so, I'm curious about exactly what is trending.

🇬🇧 Leicester’s Unnecessary Second Lockdown

I’m a doctor at University Hospitals Leicester NHS Trust. We have about 2000 inpatient beds across three main sites and serve roughly 1 million people in Leicester city, Leicestershire county and Rutland. Leicester is a multi-cultural city and 36% of our 16,000 health care workers are from BAME backgrounds.

Many of my colleagues are angry and confused about what is happening nationally and particularly in Leicester and Leicestershire. We are reminded daily that we are not allowed to speak to journalists or on social media, which is why I am stringently anonymous and more vague than I’d like to be here. I love being a doctor, and I risk suspension for speaking out...

Local Lockdown in Leicester is purely a tool of control. It’s a threat to make us behave. We weren’t actually misbehaving for the record – our protests have had lower numbers and less violence than the national average, we haven’t been going to any beaches – there aren’t any – and the vast majority of the population have taken the random rules of lockdown very seriously. Be warned. Given our cases have already started falling, they will be able to call this a success in two weeks. By then it might be your turn.

LOCKDOWN SCEPTICS
Stay sceptical. End the lockdown. Save lives.

30642096-8512471-image-a-13_1594456527651.jpg

Confused Man Wears Mask In Spite of Having Had Virus Months Ago

@Ketone Cop are they going to use the temperature gun to take your temperature?

If yes, that only measures your skin temperature. I know this as I had to submit myself to this gun when I went to the dentist.

The lady told me a few people had failed the temperature check the week prior but that was because we had a heat wave and so there skin temperature was up - especially given that prior to going in for an appt, one has to wait outside rather than in reception.

So if you fail the temperature check that doesn't mean your freedom is automatically gone as you can just claim it's hot outside and so your skin temperature is elevated as a result.

What they'd have to do to verify you have a fever is take your core temperature - at least that's what the lady told me.

In 2005 the very same person in Canada heading up the covid-scam now, Theresa Tam, wrote a paper on Temperature Scanning at airports related to SARS - the whole process is flawed and was a flop in sum. Of course it is being reanimated by the very same Tam (she may still not agree) for her PM boss in Ottawa.

Yes, the variables of thermo-scanning comes with the question, what is off-normal baseline at the time anyway (normal 98.6°F/37°C), as temperatures of the epidermis fluctuate up and down with activity et cetera. One might be surprised at their answers - oh, you are reading 99.5°F/38.5°C, sorry, rejected.

Someone said to me once in the early days of this 'scanning' business, that is it not amazing that people are being conditioned into having a gun pointed at their head. Rather looks like it.

Has this been verified? I read the article but can't play the Fox video. Did they name the victim, interview anyone that knew him, etc.? Color me skeptical without more info.

A 34-year-old man is said to have died in Vancouver, WA on Tuesday. Is this a new trend? If so, I'm curious about exactly what is trending.

Not sure about the verification but it also struck me as suspicious.

“Just before the person died they looked at the nurse and they said, ‘I think I made a mistake. I thought it was a hoax but it's not,” she said, according to the station.

yeaaahhh...dramatic much?? Someone's been watching too much Grey's Anatomy 🤣

A whiny neighbor of mine on nextdoor dot com is complaining that the local medical center doesn't have more precautions in place for the elevators, no signs or guards limiting the people getting on. LOL. The medical center isn't caring about people in the elevators. Hmmm....

Are you sure that the mask is the source?

Having never worn a mask for Covid-19 and also lately having headaches, a person begins to question your mask theory.
At work we all have to wear masks so we're all getting oxygen depleted. I only feel like crap if I wear one for long periods of time. Mostly I just pull it down if I'm not within 1.5 meters of a person. I said to a colleague, how are we supposed to know if we're sick if we wear these things? Oh we wear them under our face shields as well. Try talking to anyone like that! :scared:

Back
Top Bottom