Creating a New World

I had this idea about building houses very cheaply, without a bank to profit from it, since there is never a mortgage.

These are beautiful, solid houses, they are bullet proof, hurricane proof, fire proof, insect proof etc, and could possibly be built for under (15 thousand dollars) a house, with no mortgage.. and by not even owning the land it is built on, but no one seems interested in pursuing it or even listening to it.

It`s just to out of the box, I guess.

Anyway, the idea was to go to land owners who have extra acreage and make the offer of renting an acre of land for 10 years, at a rate of a hundred dollars a month.

And this is only as an incentive, so they actually see some income while they wait..

The house would be built on this acre of land and the "builder" pays the land owner the hundred dollars a month rent on the land, but the builder collects rent on the house he has built there for 10 years.

The land owner has a choice of two houses to pick from, to have built on his land.

One is a 3 bedroom single family, and the other is a four unit rental.

He decides which he wants.

After the 10 years of collecting rent, the house has paid for itself a dozen times over and the builder now "gives" free of charge, no strings attached..the house on his land, to the land owner to either rent out himself, give to a child, or sell outright.

Whatever he chooses, since it is now his house, free and clear with no mortgage.

The builder simply builds more houses on other land owners extra acreage, cheaply..holds them for ten years collecting the rent, then transfers the house to the land owner.

Seems to me, that no one would lose doing something like this, except for the banks!

Hmm... my opinion on this would be...

Isnt creating a new world will make new problems?
It's like a computer program.
A new version will fix old bugs but will also introduce new ones.

A friend of mine once told me, "there are many things wrong in this world".
I dont think we can ever fix it perfectly because it was designed not to be perfect.

A better approach would be just for us to adapt to the current "system".

P.S. Meanwhile, somewhere in an alternate universe, a group of STO's living in an STO world are plotting to change their world to an STS realm.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Relaxation said:

Sometimes, during a long, drawn-out development process where things keep going very wrong, the codebase of a computer program becomes so messed up, so filled with bugs and bad design that there is simply no practical way anyone can fix it without starting from scratch.

To see how this applies to our world, read these threads, the article the first one links to, and the third link (another article):

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,28336.msg352474.html#msg352474
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,28413.msg353702.html#msg353702
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/249499-Chemtrails-Disinformation-and-the-Sixth-Extinction

Relaxation said:
I dont think we can ever fix it perfectly because it was designed not to be perfect.

Problem is, the current system is self-destructing. (See above.) And this may be just as well, because the way it is "evolving", adapting to it might literally end up soul-killing.

(Alternatively, if by adapting you mean to embrace the STS path, then as you know, choice of polarity is a free-will matter, and if you favor further development along the STS pathway, you'll find that there is no point interacting further here, as it would be a waste of time for everyone involved.)

Relaxation said:
P.S. Meanwhile, somewhere in an alternate universe, a group of STO's living in an STO world are plotting to change their world to an STS realm.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It seems you have little understanding of the meaning of STS and STO - reading The Wave would give a clear definition and the basis for understanding it, at least to a sufficient extent to reason about it in a basic way, which as presently STS beings we can still do.

Without this - understanding the concepts - I don't think there can be much meaningful discussion about them.

Relaxation said:

The current "system" is run by psychopaths and too many people have already "adapted". That's what's wrong with this world. And you think those who are against the current system should just go ahead and adapt to it?

Getting rid of those who are in the government and replacing them is not the answer as psychopaths usually are the ones who are drawn to positions of power. So it would be meet the new boss, same as the old boss and nothing would have changed except the faces.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to live in a world ruled by psychopaths.

Meager1 said:
These are beautiful, solid houses, they are bullet proof, hurricane proof, fire proof, insect proof etc, and could possibly be built for under (15 thousand dollars) a house,

Well you certainly have my attention. How would you build this type of house, which would meet building codes, this cheaply? Are you speaking of homes made from "containers" ?

Relaxation said:
Hmm... my opinion on this would be...

To use your software analogy, imagine software that eventually hackers found a way into. Security patches get made to deal with the hole, and whatever bugs had accumulated during the lifespan of the version. However, some problems can be solved with a software patch, but problems with the core need a complete rewrite. If some smart hacker found his way into one of the developer's computers and wrote a back door into the source code, the only solution would be to disconnect all developer's computers from the Internet, clean their operating systems, and then perform a complete rewrite of the application, fixing every security hole and optimizing the overall design while they're at it.

In our world's software, the hackers are 4th density STS beings and the back door is psychopathy.

Incidentally, modern software development is based on the iterative development (e.g. Agile development process), where code is written and test modularly, avoiding the problem of the traditional method (waterfall process), where the entire application would be written and bugs would be found only after the entire product was completed. The cost of rewriting an entire application was so costly in the waterfall process that when bugs were found after the fact, the development company sometimes decided that, unless they were critical flaws, they were considered tolerable and would get dealt with in the next revision. Nowadays we don't see any where near the level of bugs.

Besides, if a car had a critical flaw, like a faulty brakeline, would you just ignore it because you were afraid of introducing a new flaw?

Gonzo

Well you certainly have my attention. How would you build this type of house, which would meet building codes, this cheaply? Are you speaking of homes made from "containers" ?

Sorry to be so late in replying to you.
My favorite..

http://dreamgreenhomes.com/plans/torus.htm

more info..

http://www.greenhomebuilding.com/earthbag.htm

Earth or sand bag construction is quite interesting. It's like a comtemporary version of adobe construction or perhaps even the stacked mud hut, where mud, dung, and grasses (sometimes) are mixed and plopped along the wall line, slowly building upward, eventually integrating roofing elements. You see a lot of these huts in South Africa.

Something that has been increasing in Canada is the southern concept of straw bale construction, where bales of hay are stacked and fastened to make walls and various roofing styles may be applied. These homes have incredible insulative properties and surprisingly high fire retardance. After construction, the walls are parged. Info on cost for straw bale construction at: _http://www.buildingwithawareness.com/information.html
straw bale construction info: _http://www.strawbale.com/

I recently saw a restaurant create a beautiful walled garden patio using straw bale construction. The walls were approx 7' high within whichthey planted gardens and trees, resulting in a real escape from the highway, which was only twenty feet away.

Gonzo

Meager1 said:

Sorry to be so late in replying to you.
My favorite..

http://dreamgreenhomes.com/plans/torus.htm

That's so cool, I always liked round houses!

Gonzo said:
Earth or sand bag construction is quite interesting. It's like a comtemporary version of adobe construction or perhaps even the stacked mud hut, where mud, dung, and grasses (sometimes) are mixed and plopped along the wall line, slowly building upward, eventually integrating roofing elements. You see a lot of these huts in South Africa.

Similar to what you describe above, is how people used to build their houses back home. In fact my grandmother's house was like that, and it's where I spend the first few years of my life. They are very sturdy houses and earthquake-safe (Cyprus is prone to earthquakes) plus they keep cool inside in the summer and warm in the winter. In the image below (which is actually from my grandma's house) you can see what it is made of:

168073_10150089546977002_8350564_a.jpg

On the outside they usually put plaster (or something similar) and paint it, so it looks like a regular house. In the above picture the plaster is gone because the house is now a ruin, nobody lived there in ages. I would love to live in a house like that again, especially if it's round with the garden in the center :D

Gonzo said:
Something that has been increasing in Canada is the southern concept of straw bale construction, where bales of hay are stacked and fastened to make walls and various roofing styles may be applied. These homes have incredible insulative properties and surprisingly high fire retardance. After construction, the walls are parged. Info on cost for straw bale construction at: _http://www.buildingwithawareness.com/information.html
straw bale construction info: _http://www.strawbale.com/

I recently saw a restaurant create a beautiful walled garden patio using straw bale construction. The walls were approx 7' high within whichthey planted gardens and trees, resulting in a real escape from the highway, which was only twenty feet away.

The walls must have also kept the highway noise out.

This community hall near where we live was made with straw bales, and it has very good acoustics during music concerts:

smlhall.1.jpg

Talking about round houses I had this idea that we could design a triangle shaped mold that could be snapped into other triangles made from the same mold - basically with the intent of building a dome, which can be essentially broken up into a bunch of triangles. The idea is it becomes both the covering and the frame work of the dome structure. You could experiment with different materials, but basically some type of hard plastic would be best, some would be transparent and some not and these would be arranged based on how you'd like the sunlight to enter into your dome, or with consideration of your heating and cooling requirements for the climate / environment you're in.

It's potentially possible to that the snapping parts can also work as a hinge - so the triangles could be opened and let the air in etc. It would also need to be designed to let water flow down but not into the snapped elements. Of course it's a big design challenge, but in theory (in my head that is :) ) - it's possible. The other advantage of this is because it's from one mold, un-assembled its very easy to pack and transport these identical small units. Then it's basic too to assemble because of the snap mechanism (think children's plastic toy's). Being plastic too what would be really cool is if you could reuse old plastic (bags, bottles etc) and melt them into this mold, so we could do something beneficial with all the plastic waste we have.

The thing with domes is that their design makes them ultra durable as unlike conventional houses, they have their structural weak points spread evenly over the whole structure. So if there's an earthquake for instance and part of the structure is damaged, it won't bring the whole thing down, which is more likely with a cube based structure for example. Great housing for standing up to earth changes ;)

Hi alkhemst,

Do you mean using triangles to build a geodesic dome (_http://hilaroad.com/camp/projects/dome/dome.html)?

Gonzo

Gonzo said:
Hi alkhemst,

Do you mean using triangles to build a geodesic dome (_http://hilaroad.com/camp/projects/dome/dome.html)?

Gonzo

Yeah exactly that, but a snap-in feature that potentially seals from the wet and be really easy for anyone to construct... well that's the idea at least.

You could experiment with different materials, but basically some type of hard plastic would be best, some would be transparent and some not and these would be arranged based on how you'd like the sunlight to enter into your dome, or with consideration of your heating and cooling requirements for the climate / environment you're in.

A major consideration is that plastic doesn`t do well in the sun and it can burn where a sand bag house won`t.
A snap together house seems like a good idea, though I think most plastic`s that might be used for molds would release toxins into the house itself?
Besides, most dirt is free for the taking.

Yeah, I can imagine designing and building structural triangles that could attach to each other. The simplest attachment method could be a hinge pin, where side of the triangles are similar to door hinges, that get a pin put through them to fasten them. Then, as you suggested, some of the triangles could be reserved to act as windows/doors that are only fastened on one side with a pin and a lever that turns to lock or unlock, so it can swing open. Nice idea. I wouldn't be surprised if someone already designed a rudimentary version of this, since geodesic domes were quite popular during the back to the earth movement of the 60s and 70s. I think your idea could be something that could be designed as a marketable product, where people buy as many triangles as they need. Different size triangles could be available for different size buildings and the material could also be available in clear or opaque, to allow light penetration. Great idea.

I originally thought you meant making triangular bricks, which could be used to make stack walls, where the first course are laid with the point facing up, and the second course facing down, alternating with each course. If used for a dome, it might make a decent vaulted ceiling.

Gonzo

Edit: carbon fibre might be a decent material

Gonzo said:
Edit: carbon fibre might be a decent material

I wonder if plastic produced with carbon fiber methods would still have the same plastic toxic problems, as I found this (about making carbon fiber out of plastic bags)

_http://www.gizmag.com/carbon-fiber-polyethylene/21985/

I just like the idea of re-using waste stuff.

Back
Top Bottom