Dental Health

Re: Wisdom teeth. To pull or not to pull. That is a question...

Thanks Nienna Eluch and Foxx I will take tomorrow the antibiotic and buy the probiotics too so I can be sure that Im doing well,

;) Thanks for your advice !!!! ;)

Hang in there Zim ! Speedy recovery to you !

zim said:
Today was my surgery, It was very difficult since the wisdom teeth was not straight (added a picture as example), the doctor was trying hard to take out the roots and I can say that in a moment I really wanted Dissociate :scared:

When I took out my wisdom teeth some years ago, my doctor also struggled to pull out my curved teeth under anesthesia. ( actually my doctor drilled my teeth out and there was so much blood which was a quite unpleasant experience! ) I remember the doctor perscribed me antibiotics after the treatment, but when I got home my throat was in severe pain, I could not swallow anything for couple of days -even swallowing saliva brought me a sharp pain in my throat. So I can relate to your experience and I wish your pain goes away before long. Hope your DMSO arrive soon because I think it will really help to soothe your pain faster. :flowers:

Wishing you a speedy recovery, zim. :)

SeekinTruth said:

Same here Zim.

Just experienced similar things and antibiotics were prescribed as a precautionary measure. Was really reluctant about this but knew, as Nienna Eluch describes above, infection is not something to mess with. By the end of my AB course my gut felt pretty bad but is in recovery mode.

My wisdom tooth looked liked that as well. I remember being said "you are going to hear and feel a crack as I break something". Oh boy, well, it's over with.

agni said:
Hang in there Zim ! Speedy recovery to you !

Thanks Agni !!! I really feel better today but stil can open my mouth it si so diffcult!!!

SeekinTruth said:

Thanks Seekin Truth!!!

voyageur said:
SeekinTruth said:

Same here Zim.

Just experienced similar things and antibiotics were prescribed as a precautionary measure. Was really reluctant about this but knew, as Nienna Eluch describes above, infection is not something to mess with. By the end of my AB course my gut felt pretty bad but is in recovery mode.

Yes that what I thought but I´ll take the antobiotic today and see what happen!!!

Aya said:
zim said:
Today was my surgery, It was very difficult since the wisdom teeth was not straight (added a picture as example), the doctor was trying hard to take out the roots and I can say that in a moment I really wanted Dissociate :scared:

When I took out my wisdom teeth some years ago, my doctor also struggled to pull out my curved teeth under anesthesia. ( actually my doctor drilled my teeth out and there was so much blood which was a quite unpleasant experience! ) I remember the doctor perscribed me antibiotics after the treatment, but when I got home my throat was in severe pain, I could not swallow anything for couple of days -even swallowing saliva brought me a sharp pain in my throat. So I can relate to your experience and I wish your pain goes away before long. Hope your DMSO arrive soon because I think it will really help to soothe your pain faster. :flowers:

My teeth was so curved too, I think It was near of the jawbone, it was what least more and in that moment I felt a lot of pain but after the inyections I could swallow water and cold drinks...

Psyche said:
My wisdom tooth looked liked that as well. I remember being said "you are going to hear and feel a crack as I break something". Oh boy, well, it's over with.

He told me the same and in fact it sounds like two pieces broked from my jaw :cry: :O

Thanks to the universe, Im finish with my wisdom teeth!!!! :cool2:

Hope you recover quickly Zim. Take care. :hug2:

zim said:
Thanks Nienna Eluch and Foxx I will take tomorrow the antibiotic and buy the probiotics too so I can be sure that Im doing well,

;) Thanks for your advice !!!! ;)
Hi zim,

I'm not sure if you bought the probiotics yet or not, but from my experience the liquid ones are much more effective than the capsules. Also, I'm not sure if you know this, but don't take the probiotics at the same time you are taking antibiotics, because it will lower or stop the effectiveness of the antibiotics. It's a good idea to wait a couple hours after taking antibiotics to take probiotics. Also, from what I've read, taking probiotics just after a meal is the best time, because the acidity in your stomach is lowest then.

I'm not sure if you bought the probiotics yet or not, but from my experience the liquid ones are much more effective than the capsules. Also, I'm not sure if you know this, but don't take the probiotics at the same time you are taking antibiotics, because it will lower or stop the effectiveness of the antibiotics. It's a good idea to wait a couple hours after taking antibiotics to take probiotics. Also, from what I've read, taking probiotics just after a meal is the best time, because the acidity in your stomach is lowest then.

No I didnt know thanks for your advice, I have a doubt, the probiotics must be buy in a Drugstore? It is because in the super merket sell little bottle as yogur with probiotics but those are not what I needed right?

For the Antibiotics the Drugstore gave me Azitromicina ( in spanish) because they said that they didnt have from the another antibiotic, so I have to take it only 3 days!!! As soon as I take it my stomach was affected :/

Thanks for your advice!!!

3D Student said:
Hope you recover quickly Zim. Take care. :hug2:

Thanks 3D Student !!! :)

zim said:
No I didnt know thanks for your advice, I have a doubt, the probiotics must be buy in a Drugstore? It is because in the super merket sell little bottle as yogur with probiotics but those are not what I needed right?
I don't know if you are dairy-free, but a lot of the liquid types have dairy and some have soy or added sugar. I've found this one to be effective: _http://www.vitacost.com/dynamic-health-lactobacillus-acidophilus It is "Free Of Preservatives, yeast, lactose, soy, starch, sugar, wheat, artificial colors and flavorings." It is also zero carbs and every time I order from Vitacost my shipment comes in just a couple days. Once it is opened you will need to put it in the fridge to preserve it.

zim said:
For the Antibiotics the Drugstore gave me Azitromicina ( in spanish) because they said that they didnt have from the another antibiotic, so I have to take it only 3 days!!! As soon as I take it my stomach was affected :/
That's too bad you are feeling sick from your medicine. Maybe your stomach was affected from the antibiotic because it is strong (three days seems quick to me) and is killing all the good bacteria too (not sure though and I am not a doctor). The probiotic will restore the good bacteria that the antibiotics kill. Hope you feel better!

I don't know if you are dairy-free,

In fact I'm lactose intolerant so I can not eat any of those products, that's why I asked because I cant eat them as my stomach get worse!!!

I've found this one to be effective: _http://www.vitacost.com/dynamic-health-lactobacillus-acidophilus It is "Free Of Preservatives, yeast, lactose, soy, starch, sugar, wheat, artificial colors and flavorings." It is also zero carbs and every time I order from Vitacost my shipment comes in just a couple days. Once it is opened you will need to put it in the fridge to preserve it.

My problem is that I need to send them to Miami and then bring from Miami to my place, so it takes more time and money!!! :(

There is some pro biotics I can get from a common Drugstore?

I think someone have gave me the name but I cant recall when it was!!!?

Yesterday morning I had so much pain in my jaw, my cheek wasn’t swollen but I noticed some foul-smelling!!!! It came from that part of my jaw , I began with mouthwash with sodium bicarbonate.

I´ve already finished the three days antibiotic, so I didnt think it could be infection, saw the medical wires with holes inside but not much purulence in fact I see it with good color!!!! But still had the foul-smelling when I to swallow :( :cry: :huh:

What I can do? :huh: :huh:

My guess is that some food has gotten stuck in the cavities where your wisdom teeth used to be. After my surgery I was given a simple syringe so I could plunge water into those cavities to clean them out. I would go to your dentist and ask him to clean them out for you and give you something to deal with it in the future. Hopefully that reduces the pain you are feeling.

I also was given a syringe to clean the sockets, but after several days during follow up/socket cleaning. How about substituting sodium bicarbonate mouthwash with saline rinse ? Not sure if it is correct or not, but my dentist advised against sodium while sockets are healing, and said that salt provides more healthier environment for healing. It must be lukewarm water and not too concentrated, also do not woosh your mouth too hard, so you do not dislodge sockets. I did saline rinse after every single food intake.

I hope it heals soon!

Back
Top Bottom