Depression As A Stepping Stone (to Soul Growth)

Minas Tirith

Jedi Council Member
I have been trying to find the original article for an hour now ...
All links seem to be outdated or broken.

Could somebody help me?
Thank you,
Emmeya
 

Opossum

Jedi Master
Here is a Facebook page with an overview of the theory. Hope this helps.


http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150465697838908
 

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
go2 said:
Are you are saying anger is not always a negative emotion, Alana? Perhaps, if it originates in the emotional part of the instinctive-motor center, it is a proper use of that center in its survival function.
You know, I wrote The Wave and Adventures With Cassiopaea driven by anger at the crap that gets propagated and that no one else was doing anything about it.

SOTT was created because I was angry at all the lies in the news.

This forum was created because I was angry that people who have a chance to wake up if they can find their "soul equals" are scattered all over the planet with no chance of encountering one another under ordinary circumstances, and the rest of the internet is a swamp.

I am angry almost all the time at the lies and hate and violence and evil I see destroying our beautiful planet and the possible good things that could manifest if people had knowledge.

And it was anger that stopped hyperdimensional critters from bothering me.

Sometimes, if I see that a person needs a shock, I will manifest anger at that mechanical part of them that is controlling them so as to get their attention.

But you see, I control my anger and UTILIZE it. It is the energy of my emotional horses that keeps me going where few other people can go and survive.
 

Minas Tirith

Jedi Council Member
opossum said:
Here is a Facebook page with an overview of the theory. Hope this helps.
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150465697838908
Thank you, Opossum.
Is the original article lost? :(

Emmeya
 

Opossum

Jedi Master
I don't know but I could not find it either and I searched on Google. The archive page that stored it was down.
 

Meg

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
EmmeYa said:
opossum said:
Here is a Facebook page with an overview of the theory. Hope this helps.
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150465697838908
Thank you, Opossum.
Is the original article lost? :(

Emmeya
Hi Emmeya,
The article is linked in the first post of the thread.
 

Minas Tirith

Jedi Council Member
Menrva said:
Hi Emmeya,
The article is linked in the first post of the thread.
All these links do not work any more.
The link you mentioned leads to another article (by H.S.),
not to the original Quantum Futurenet article. :(

Thanks...
Emmeya

Mod edit: Quotes
 

anart

The Living Force
EmmeYa said:
Menrva said:
Hi Emmeya,
The article is linked in the first post of the thread.
All these links do not work any more.
The link you mentioned leads to another article (by H.S.),
not to the original Quantum Futurenet article. :(

Thanks...
Emmeya
This link in the referenced post works... http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,2832.msg76821.html#msg76821


Edit=fixed quotes
 

Approaching Infinity

Administrator
Administrator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Laura said:
go2 said:
Are you are saying anger is not always a negative emotion, Alana? Perhaps, if it originates in the emotional part of the instinctive-motor center, it is a proper use of that center in its survival function.
<snip>

But you see, I control my anger and UTILIZE it. It is the energy of my emotional horses that keeps me going where few other people can go and survive.
Indeed. This topic brings to mind this story, from Kathryn Hulme's book on Gurdjieff. She has just returned to visit Gurdjieff after spending time working with displaced persons after WWII:

Whenever I finished with one subject, he nodded for me to continue, seeming content to listen to my news of the outside world which was all I could speak of calmly. My inner world trembled under his steady gaze, although nothing in his expression indicated displeasure (or pleasure either) with what he saw looking at and through me. Was I, in those sorrowful dark eyes, the returned prodigal who had strayed too far and lost too much? Or was it his constant world sorrow I saw reflected there? And his anger too when I told him about the concentration camps that had been uncovered in Germany after the Allies broke through. I described the lantern slides shown to us in UNRRA orientation lectures - the hillocks of emaciated bodies the Nazis had not had time to burn in crematory ovens before the breakthrough. 'Hasnamus things, Mr. Gurdjieff," I said, using his own strange word for forces of evil. He had apparently not heard of those camps and ovens. As he listened, hunched over and motionless, his face darkened and a vein in his forehead swelled and beat. I saw the wrath of God in that clouded countenance, a righteous fury that seemed about to explode, though there was no change of expression, only of coloring. Later, inside Germany, when I would see other things for which there was no name, I was to remember that look of holy wrath for man's repetitive inhumanity to man. The memory would lift my own inner fury from subjective to something resembling objective anger.
 

Menna

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
"There is something you ought to be aware of by now. I call it the cubic centimeter of chance. All of us, whether or not we are warriors, have a cubic centimeter of chance that pops out in front of our eyes from time to time. The difference between an average man and a warrior is that the warrior is aware of this, and one of his tasks is to be alert, deliberately waiting, so that when his cubic centimeter pops out he has the necessary speed, the prowess to pick it up.

"Chance, good luck, personal power, or whatever you may call it, is a peculiar state of affairs. It is like a very small stick that comes out in front of us and invites us to pluck it. Usually we are too busy, or too preoccupied, or just too stupid and lazy to realize that that is our cubic centimeter of luck. A warrior, on the other hand, is always alert and tight and has the spring, the gumption necessary to grab it."

I think I get it and see it in myself. I enjoy Don Juans stories (I guess you can call them) really appeals to my mind
 

Wisteria

Jedi
Thank you for this thread. I read it several years ago (before I was a member of the forum) and it gave me a clearer understanding of what I was going through.

Over the past few days I have been re-reading it once again. Taking my time so as to absorb the information as much as I can. My recurring depression had taken quite a severe hold of me over the past several months, but as I was reading this thread, I noticed a calmness coming over me, and the depression has dissipated once again. I clearly needed reminding of quite a few aspects of The Work. The emptiness inside of me is now filled with a renewed sense of purpose. My heartfelt thank you to everyone involved in this thread.
 

manitoban

SuperModerator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Wisteria said:
Thank you for this thread. I read it several years ago (before I was a member of the forum) and it gave me a clearer understanding of what I was going through.

Over the past few days I have been re-reading it once again. Taking my time so as to absorb the information as much as I can. My recurring depression had taken quite a severe hold of me over the past several months, but as I was reading this thread, I noticed a calmness coming over me, and the depression has dissipated once again. I clearly needed reminding of quite a few aspects of The Work. The emptiness inside of me is now filled with a renewed sense of purpose. My heartfelt thank you to everyone involved in this thread.
Hi Wisteria,

This is one of those threads that I have also returned to again and again, and I always get something new out of it, whether it be a greater understanding of the concepts or sometimes just a" kick in the butt" type reminder of what really matters. Either way, it's the thread that just keeps giving! It is great to hear that you took the step to re-read this and clearly absorbed just what you needed in order to keep moving forward.
 

Gandalf

SuperModerator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Wisteria said:
Thank you for this thread. I read it several years ago (before I was a member of the forum) and it gave me a clearer understanding of what I was going through.

Over the past few days I have been re-reading it once again. Taking my time so as to absorb the information as much as I can. My recurring depression had taken quite a severe hold of me over the past several months, but as I was reading this thread, I noticed a calmness coming over me, and the depression has dissipated once again. I clearly needed reminding of quite a few aspects of The Work. The emptiness inside of me is now filled with a renewed sense of purpose. My heartfelt thank you to everyone involved in this thread.
It may have sometimes a correlation between depression and diet. So what kind of diet are you following? A low fat diet, a low carb diet, a keto diet...?
 

Wisteria

Jedi
Gandalf said:
It may have sometimes a correlation between depression and diet. So what kind of diet are you following? A low fat diet, a low carb diet, a keto diet...?
I definitely follow a high fat/low carb diet. I did experiment with keto for a while, but found it too stressful to maintain. The diet certainly eradicated my allergies (which I previously suffered from with great regularity), and I have not been physically sick for years now. But the depression is something that always seems to cast its shadow over me to some extent. It has been part of my life ever since I can remember. However, if I'm not thinking suicidal thoughts (which thankfully I am not at present) then it is a definite improvement.
 

Wisteria

Jedi
Yesterday I found myself in a very negative mood. I really tried to just observe it but unfortunately kept finding myself identifying instead. I tried reading relevant threads on the forum, but found I couldn't concentrate.

Normally when I feel this way, I am fairly useless, but this time I was determined not to let it overcome me. I decided to try ultilise the feeling and try to write a song. Wow it was an effort! It literally took several hours for the words and melody to start flowing. But they did.

So I ended the day with a new song about psychopaths, and ended up feeling very happy and accomplished. :D

I know that this is not technically the Work, but I still thought it was a very positive experience and certainly better than wallowing in darkness.
 
Top Bottom