Depression As A Stepping Stone (to Soul Growth)

PERLOU

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
know_yourself
Voici un lien de traduction en Français GOOGLE pour en saisir au moins le sens...
https://translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=fr&u=https://web.archive.org/web/20071018053505/http://quantumfuture.net/qfs/qfs_depression1.htm
Puisse-t-il aider...

know_yourself
Here is a translation in French GOOGLE link to enter at least meaning. . .
https: // translate. google. com / translate? depth = 1 & hl = en & rurl = translate. google. com & sl = auto & tl = en & u = https: // web. archive. org / web / 20071018053505 / http: // quantumfuture. net / qfs / qfs_depression1. htm
Could he help. . .

Corvus

Jedi Council Member
Hi Corvinus . . . your plight reminded me of the following fable I posted in another thread. In case you haven't already read it, I thought I'd post it here . . . as maybe some inspiration for you, and all of us who have previously experienced the seemingly pointlessness of it all.
Thanks for the story. Hopefully there are many songbirds that can make rain in the end. If not it does not matter in the end if the moral imperative keeps standing in the end as you said, but the problem with me is that I am more concentrated on the others but should be more on myself in that respect.

I managed to pass exam, been studying 12-14 hours a day for 12 days because I ve thought about financial stability and job "security" and how it can be of benefit for the family(especially now when father is coming from hip surgery from hospital and can not any more tie his shoe laces, mother went to pension 6 months ago being psychologically broke from work and breaking leg on 3 spots after not recovering from fracture on leg that was broken some years ago, sister having two children), network, books and getting needed things if there is shtf scenario because I am the only one making preparations in the house. And that is where most of my paycheck and time goes. But when I look back at my life like everyone else it is not something I would choose again but I can not say that it did not make me stronger, resilient and a better man, and I learned few things about life in general. And now back to the desert of reality.

Ennio

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
Corvinus said:
I managed to pass exam, been studying 12-14 hours a day for 12 days because I ve thought about financial stability and job "security" and how it can be of benefit for the family
Congratulations on passing the exam, Corvinus! It sounds like you had to make some serious super-efforts to do it, and I think it says a lot about you that the drive and intent came of wanting to help those close to you.

Corvinus said:
(especially now when father is coming from hip surgery from hospital and can not any more tie his shoe laces, mother went to pension 6 months ago being psychologically broke from work and breaking leg on 3 spots after not recovering from fracture on leg that was broken some years ago, sister having two children), network, books and getting needed things if there is shtf scenario because I am the only one making preparations in the house. And that is where most of my paycheck and time goes. But when I look back at my life like everyone else it is not something I would choose again but I can not say that it did not make me stronger, resilient and a better man, and I learned few things about life in general. And now back to the desert of reality.
I am glad that you can see how taking on such a load has benefitted you in the ways you describe. The thing is, even if it is at some times really difficult, you now know something about yourself; that you have exercised some serious muscles of will and fortitude that have made you stronger for future challenges. You might be thinking: "future challenges?! I would just like a little respite right about now - leave me alone with future challenges". But it sounds as though you are already meeting the future head-on in some important ways. I only hope that as you continue to work on things, you avail yourself (as much as possible anyway) with the tools and assistance being offered here.

Corvus

Jedi Council Member
Congratulations on passing the exam, Corvinus! It sounds like you had to make some serious super-efforts to do it,
Thank you for your support, it was not such an effort when compared to academy, high school and college and other activities (some I would not want to go through again and forget them) when I look at it, even when more responsibility comes now.

Most people think many things are given like when they say what s that for you, it is easy thing for you, but things can easily go to opposite direction and many do not understand and do not care how much of effort and suffering it takes to do some things and are first to throw a slap when some expectations are not fulfilled which is as always their perception and about which they only care about. In the darkest hours you are always alone and see the true colors of the situation and the people, and they are not bright most often.

I am glad that you can see how taking on such a load has benefited you in the ways you describe. The thing is, even if it is at some times really difficult, you now know something about yourself; that you have exercised some serious muscles of will and fortitude that have made you stronger for future challenges. You might be thinking: "future challenges?! I would just like a little respite right about now - leave me alone with future challenges". But it sounds as though you are already meeting the future head-on in some important ways. I only hope that as you continue to work on things, you avail yourself (as much as possible anyway) with the tools and assistance being offered here.
Future is open but I hope I ll be true to myself as much I can in the upcoming storms we all face because that is what matters in the end, when in that moment of expected or unexpected death I find releasement knowing that I truly lived as myself and served the Universe as it s instrument as much as I could.

There are times
I ve suffered shipwreck in my journeys:
In perils of robbers;
In perils of false brethren;
In perils of my own design.
Yet from these perils comes knowledge:
Only from within may we truly shine.

Tuatha de Danaan

Jedi Master
Thanks for posting this, Laura. I've been going through very similar experiences myself, and similar thoughts have been swimming through my mind these past couple of days, so it was a nice synchronicity that this was posted. Very illuminating to see that so many others are sharing this same experience.

I'm no stranger to depression. I've always been a somewhat melancholy and introspective type, but have my highs and lows like anyone else ... and some of those lows have been low enough that thoughts of suicide have crossed my mind. One time I self-medicated with St. John's Wort as an herbal prozac. After a while, though, I was able to see the cycle and learned not to identify myself with wherever I happened to be on it; probably the first Work-related self-observation I've undertaken. More recently I've been trying to begin the Work in earnest, turning my mind back on itself, examining my reactions, and it's just as was warned, long and difficult and painful. As of yet moments of clarity are rare sparks separated by wide gulfs of a waking dreamstate. Well, I've just begun ... the first steps of a staircase a thousand miles high....

This essay by Charles Eisenstein seems appropriate here:
This essay makes you stop in your tracks and just take stock.

Beau

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
This Jordan Peterson talk on depression is a very good distillation of how to handle dealing with those feelings IMO. I would suggest anyone who is going through depression or anything like it watch it.

Top Bottom