Detoxification: Heavy Metals, Mercury and how to get rid of them

RedFox said:
Way to go Ageeva! :thup:
Just remember to take it at a pace you are comfortable at and don't over do things. If your emotions are too stirred up after the EE program, try cutting out the round breathing for a little while, or just do that part once a week.

Thanks RedFox:) Well timed advice too. I did the round breathing yesterday and feel really out of sorts today. So I'd better hold some of the horses back or I'll fall off the wagon like I've done many times before trying to turn my physical and mental health around. Steady as it goes and I'll get there ;)

Edit=Quote

Data said:
from the section: Mid-Data Reality Check
Mercury has a half-life of between 15-30 years. .[/b] [...]

I know this is an older post but is it possible to find out more about this statement? What is the significance of the half life - does it mean that the toxins in the mercury have all been dispensed once the half life period has been reached?
Thanks.

Hi NewYorker. Half life means it takes that number of years for half of the total to decay. So it would only be half gone in that amount of time. I'm guessing that mercury stays in your body for a long time unless it is excreted or chelated/detoxed. But I don't know for sure. I think the bottom line is that it's bad and you don't want it in your body.

Thanks for that, 3D student,

I have heaps of this stuff - entire teeth have been reconstructed and held into the remains of the original tooth with tiny little screws. Not really possible to have any of it replaced, I think.... and that's if I had a spare $20,000 sitting around to pay for it!

So what do dentists use now for filling cavities or rebuilding teeth?????

Cheers.

NewYorker said:
Thanks for that, 3D student,

I have heaps of this stuff - entire teeth have been reconstructed and held into the remains of the original tooth with tiny little screws. Not really possible to have any of it replaced, I think.... and that's if I had a spare $20,000 sitting around to pay for it!

So what do dentists use now for filling cavities or rebuilding teeth?????

Cheers.

When I recently had my amalgam fillings removed, my dentist offered me two substances for tooth repair:

Composite – an inert resin reinforced with silica and glass.

Porcelain – very tough, but very expensive!

My dentist showed me some before and after photos of rebuilding and restoration work done using composite and the results were nothing short of remarkable. Dentists are able to restore and rebuild teeth using this substance. For example, I have lost 2 – 3mm from my bottom front teeth, and this can easily be replaced using composite. Composite is really tough stuff, too. It will adhere to a small tooth surface and you can chew and bite normally. Dental work with composite is normally expected to last for approximately twelve years, although I have read of people who have not had theirs replaced for 25 years.

Endymion,

Thanks. That composite stuff sounds pretty good. What country did you get the work done in? If ever win the lotto, I'll have to find out if the local docs are using composite and get my mouth "redone"!! ;) The fillings I have now have lasted over 35 years - but there is a lot of metal in there!
In the meantime, I'll have to just keep using the metal detox products to try to keep pace with all the mercury that will continue to be fed into my system for a long time.

Cheers.

Hello NewYorker,
December last year I have had a total rebuilding with porcelain crowns, I
discussed with my dentist different options and finally I choose porcelain (I knew very expensive :/). Before I´ve made
the decision I searched on the internet an found information about
toxicity, estrogenicity and allergenicity of resin based composites.
This was mentioned before:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=10754.0

Maybe it is a good idea to check these information's (the devil you know....), so you have the feasibility to discuss the material question with
your dentist. Here in Germany you can get BPA free composite, maybe in other countries
it is also available.

Here a further interesting link:
http://www.mgoldmandds.com/BPA%20and%20Dental%20Composites%20-%20are%20they%20safe.htm

Only my thoughts: Whatever you choose, most of the dental materials are questionable, but I always try to look for
materials which are least risky.

Best wishes !

Nimue,
Thanks kindly for the links and the info. This is an issue I knew nothing about (I've been busy on other issues ...) but one which is typical of the usual way of dealing with toxins:
- hey, here's this great fast and easy way to get rid of a problem (apply to herbicides, pest., flouride, etc.)
- everybody goes out and uses it without knowing anything about it
- 20 years later, more problems have been created and are traced back to the "fast and easy way"
- moves made to stop further use and clean up the retroactive parts (which is usually not possible or will take ages to do)
Just like asbestos, just llike DDT, etc.

I must have a huge amount of mercury in my system and I had these fillings put in around 1972/73! All eight of my molars are at least 50% metal and 3 of them are about 85% metal. I think I'll have to investigate if it is still possible to get a tooth taken out and replaced with a single "fake" tooth and what those are made of.

I'll read through those links thoroughly before heading off to a dentist to get a quote and find out how much I'll need to raise to get this little hiccup (NOT!) fixed!!

Thanks again for your time. Cheers.

cubbex said:
It is interesting to see that mercury was and is very important in the alchemy.

Yes, and with "transmuting lead into gold", I wonder why they were messing with such toxic substances?

3D Student said:
cubbex said:
It is interesting to see that mercury was and is very important in the alchemy.

Yes, and with "transmuting lead into gold", I wonder why they were messing with such toxic substances?

I think it's symbolic.

Could anyone advise me on which is these is better?

http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-ToxGuard-Heavy-Metal-Detox-90-Veggie-Caps/7774?at=0

Or

http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Yaeyama-Chlorella-1-Kilogram-Powder-1000-g/147?at=0

Edited to add:- The top one says it has "naturally occuring lead" in it.

Belibaste said:
Green_Manalishi said:
Hi all. I have two questions.
The benefit we get from the far infra red radiation in the sauna (apart from the sweating) is the same as if one would stand directly in the sun's light? The radiation is the same, and I remember reading in a a book about someone who travelled to China in which the author said one advice that was given to her by a Chinese "popular medicine doctor" was that there was nothing better for the body then standing naked in the sun for one hour every day.

From what I understand an IR sauna only emits on the IR and FIR range (roughly from 4 to 1000 microns wavelength)

The sun emits on a much broader range including UV, IR and visible spectrum.

So there is a qualitative difference between sun emissions and FIR sauna emission.

There might also be a quantitative factor (that I'm unable to calculate) knowing that a FIR sauna generates roughly 300 W of IR radiations that are beamed on the whole skin.

Maybe in order to get such amount of IR radiation from the sun, one should spend a lot of time tanning and/or would receive a lot of harmful rays ?

This being said this sun and sea water cocktail reminds me of something. Where I live (French Mediterranean coast) there is this specific population of retired people who spend their time on the beach. They keep tanning and swimming and actually they seems very healthy and energetic.

I'm wondering if it's linked to their high level of IR and magnesium absorption ?

And yet, when I talked to Mark from GetFitt Ltd. about my detoxification symptoms after having sat in the sunshine he told me that more of his clients experienced some pretty heavy symptoms while vacationing.
Mark said that getting sunshine is a cheaper means of detoxification than the FIR blanket! :cool:

I am researching amalgam ATM and found an interesting Dutch website which has interesting information on amalgam (and fluoride).

http://www.nvbt.nl/pagina=22&menu=21

Apparently, homeopathy can also help while detoxifing after having your amalgam fillings removed. This page offers more solutions when you have other complaints, like bleeding in the mouth, toothache etc.

http://www.nvbt.nl/pagina=7&menu=4

Lots of Dutch, German and English links:

http://www.nvbt.nl/pagina=5&menu=0

The dentist told me that having my amalgam fillings removed could be traumatic for my teeth, especially when the filling is rather large.

Any thoughts on that?

Mariama said:
The dentist told me that having my amalgam fillings removed could be traumatic for my teeth, especially when the filling is rather large.

Any thoughts on that?

There was a discussion here about this Mariama; might help. Nonetheless, removing amalgam should be done under tight controls for effects of gassing out and ingestion. Likely many variables for each person's unique situation come to play, too.

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,17389.msg343592.html#msg343592

Back
Top Bottom