Detoxification: Heavy Metals, Mercury and how to get rid of them

Hi Alana, Thank you so much! :)

These links have been perfect for me to get started. I'm particularly impressed with Dr. Christopher Shades work. Understanding the detox process and the bodies use of various Glutathione elements is a very good place to start and I've been learning about that today. Also listened to half of a 2 hour presentation with Dr. Slade which was very helpful. I'll need to follow up with the video on the Dr. Mercola site.

I was hoping to find a website of Dr. Slades but he doesn't have one it seems. I did find a company in Denver that sells his products but only to licensed health care providers. The products listed look very impressive, especially formulated for heavy metal detox based on his research. http://www.mhpvitamins.com/id154.html

The youtube link you provided was perfect in that it addressed my main question, how to rid the body of mercury while still having amalgam fillings. He was encouraging and optimistic. Getting the bodies natural elimination process going is the key, so I'll be working on that with various supplements. And...I'll need to look into having these filling removed, it may take awhile since dentists charge one arm and one leg. Maybe 2 of each actually!

Having switched to the keto diet has been a good detoxifier in itself, a good start.

Thank you Carl and davey72. I'll continue reading here as well.

Looks like this is a new project for me and I like that. :D

Hi Carl,

DMSA for heavy metal detox - how long available?

This thread in particular is full of information, and contains people's experiences with the heavy metal detox protocol.

I'm on page 11 now. My goodness, here is all the information I was looking for! Thank you for that. I had looked at that thread but only the first page many months ago. Not ready for the material I guess. Also thinking I shouldn't do any heavy chelation (DMSA) with having the amalgam filling which is what I got from Dr.Slade (but my impression of that could be wrong). So good news. I'll buy "Detoxification and Healing by Sidney Baker. I also have a FAR infrared heating pad I'll start using regularly.

SummerLite said:
I'm on page 11 now. My goodness, here is all the information I was looking for! Thank you for that. I had looked at that thread but only the first page many months ago. Not ready for the material I guess. Also thinking I shouldn't do any heavy chelation (DMSA) with having the amalgam filling which is what I got from Dr.Slade (but my impression of that could be wrong). So good news. I'll buy "Detoxification and Healing by Sidney Baker. I also have a FAR infrared heating pad I'll start using regularly.

If I recall there is some worry about DMSA 'pulling out' more mercury from your fillings into one's bloodstream, although I am not sure of the mechanism for this. For this reason I played it safe and had amalgams out first. However, chelators do remove other heavy metals such as lead.

FWIW: I started the mercury protocol again on Saturday after a year off, having done 2-3 rounds last year (they were very debilitating). This time round I did it differently spent at least 30 mins in the FIR sauna every day, followed by hot/cold alternating showers, and the symptoms seemed to be much less intense. I just felt extremely tired. So yeah, I'd definitely recommend saunas even if you are not doing the hardcore heavy metal chelation yet.

Something i haven't really come across is how effective dmsa is if taken occasionally at low doses? Also how effective it may be if it is past the expiry date.

davey72 said:
Something i haven't really come across is how effective dmsa is if taken occasionally at low doses? Also how effective it may be if it is past the expiry date.

Take this with a grain of salt as I have no sources, but I've heard that it kind of builds "momentum" over those 3 days on the protocol in which the levels of DMSA are sustained high. I'm sure there would be some benefit to taking lower doses occasionally though, mainly the lack of side effects.

After listening to how effective the Far infrared sauna is, I'm wondering if anyone has purchased it, how much and where from?

I had a look on Amazon and the cheapest in £119.

The blanket from Mark Givert's Get Fitt website is popular here: http://shop.get-fitt.com/Portable-Far-Infrared-Sauna-Blanket-Cocoon-p/cocoon.htm

I can't remember what it costs, but it's more than the one you found on Amazon. I would not go cheap for a sauna blanket. He might still be offering a discount if you mention the forum and/or the podcast he did with the Chateau crew. I think it was called Toxic World, Toxic Bodies.

Heimdallr said:
The blanket from Mark Givert's Get Fitt website is popular here: http://shop.get-fitt.com/Portable-Far-Infrared-Sauna-Blanket-Cocoon-p/cocoon.htm

I can't remember what it costs, but it's more than the one you found on Amazon. I would not go cheap for a sauna blanket. He might still be offering a discount if you mention the forum and/or the podcast he did with the Chateau crew. I think it was called Toxic World, Toxic Bodies.

Yeah I was worried about the price, thanks Heimdallr - I've just sent him an email :)

FWIW, this guy seems really helpful!

The price of the original Cocoon is £580.00 GBP however we do have special prices for SOTT subscribers.

It would be most helpful if we could speak to best assist you, and explain the different products
and their different functions.

If anyone is considering an Far Infrared Sauna, Mark Givert, the guy Heimdallr suggested does offer a huge discount of nearly £100 -
even so, he's offered me a payment plan to pay it off in installments, so it's not a huge chunk of money if you haven't got it at the time.

Lilyalic said:
If anyone is considering an Far Infrared Sauna, Mark Givert, the guy Heimdallr suggested does offer a huge discount of nearly £100 -
even so, he's offered me a payment plan to pay it off in installments, so it's not a huge chunk of money if you haven't got it at the time.

I was hoping he'd offer a payment plan. Yes, he's a real nice guy so supporting his company is really worth it.

Gaby said:
[...]
Vaccination Induced Blood Poisoning

Lead increases the toxicity of mercury by a hundred fold, so does aluminum.

What happens when you inject mercury and aluminum into the blood? Nothing would be the answer of medical and health officials at the CDC and FDA. What happens when a truck runs down a five year old? Nothing would be the response of an absolute idiot. Dr. Andrew Moulden speaks of microvascular ischemic process as the key pathological process that can account for the type of neurological symptoms and signs many experience post vaccination. Importantly, this microvascular systemic vasculopathy is common to all vaccines and causes much morbidity for all people vaccinated irrespective of the varied vaccine strain pathogens and irrespective of whether the vaccine microbe has been “attenuated”, weakened, or killed.

Spanish health authorities have withdrawn tens of thousands of doses of papillomavirus vaccine (HPV) (as I write this in February of 2009) after two girls in the eastern Valencia region fell seriously ill hours after receiving them. "One of the girls got out of intensive care this weekend and the other is still there. Both are in stable condition," a Valencia health department spokeswoman told AFP. The two girls were vaccinated last week as part of a vast government vaccination program targeting adolescents. This kind of information is quickly buried by public health officials and the vaccinations go on and young girls continue to be hurt. When we inject a mixed bag of chemicals and heavy metals commonly found in vaccines we often see a quick reaction occuring in the blood and vessels.

I've a question concerning HPV vaccination illnesses and any helpful responses. There are a great many references to HPV vaccines. SoTT has featured many such articles as has this forum. In searching for optimal protocols to help one who has been damaged by this vaccine, is there a particular place someone can direct me other than what follows?

Here is the issue with a young girl as reported by her grandmother;

Under 18, very sick, she is wasting and very thin. Questions were asked as to causation and nothing was apparent. A further question was asked regarding if she had had the HPV vaccination. This produced a positive response, and not just one but two injections preceding the illness. Furthermore, she has received many tests and allopathic treatments without results. Currently, IBD is being considered. If IBD just happened to be the case, this can be addressed and helped with diet repairs.

In the case of a HPV vaccine induced illness and as a treatment protocol, it would be irresponsible to advise anything until this can be properly sussed out. In this regard, i've included a few articles found thus far. If there is a particular alternate article or a well researched author, that would be helpful.

On the surface, with mercury/aluminum and other vaccine adjuvants, not to mention whatever else hides (bacteria etc.) within a vaccine such as with Gardasil/Cervarix, elimination protocols of heavy metals seems to be one main focus point. If toxins have invaded the brains blood barrier (BB), this is a hugely added issue. If this is the case, and it seems to have been true for the brain in cases where a postmortem revealed that the HPV-16L1 antigen had bonded to the cerebral blood vessel walls. Just this article alone further points out that:

One major suspect is the aluminum adjuvant used in the vaccine, upon which HPV-16L1 and HPV-18L1 are adsorbed.

So it looks pretty grim to reverse once these added antigen/toxins are functioning after passing through the BB. One article found was on Orthomolecular treatments. The protocols, five of them mentioned, start with an emphasis on Vit-c, Mag, Vit-B etc.

Effective treatments for the adverse reactions from the HPV vaccine

Protocol 1:
Vitamin C, Glutathione Cocktail, given by I.V. (Dr. Yanagisawa) Sterile water, 250ml
Vitamin C, 12.5g - 25g (12,500 - 25,000 mg)
Glutathione, 800 - 1,200mg
0.5 M Magnesium sulfate, 10-20ml
8.5% Calcium gluconate, 2ml
Vitamin B-complex (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12)

Protocol 2:
Vitamin C, Glutathione & EDTA, given by I.V. (Dr. Claus Hancke, Denmark) 5% Glucose, 250ml
Vitamin C (500mg/ml), 50ml (25,000mg)
Na2-EDTA (150mg/ml), 10ml (1.5g)
8.4% Na Bicarbonate, 10ml
MgSO4 (2mmol/ml), 4ml
When the infusion almost done, add Glutathione 150mg/ml, 4ml (600 mg)

Protocol 3:
Phospholipid Exchange Therapy and Glutathione, given I.V. (Dr. Damien Downing, UK) This membrane stabilizing protocol is a closely-monitored version of the lipid rescue that anesthetists use in toxic emergencies. As with all IV treatments, this should only be done by someone with full training.

Phosphatidylcholine (as Intralipid or Essentiale only) 1,250mg plus
Leucovorin (folinic acid) 10mg plus
Glutathione 1,000mg plus

Protocol 4:
Oral supplements (Dr. Claus Hancke and Dr. Atsuo Yanagisawa) Multiple vitamin/mineral2, 3x per day (Increased slowly from 1/day to 6/day). EPA/DHA/GLA2 x 3 doses per day Vitamin D, (1500 IU)1 x 3 Magnesium citrate1 x 2 Vitamin C, 750mg2 x 2 B-complex1 x 2 Thiamine (B1), 300mg1 x 1 Probiotic1 x 2 Turmeric1 x 2 Lipoic acid, 300mg1 x 2 CoQ10, 100mg1 x 1 S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe)400mg/day MTHF 5- methyltetrahydrofolate (MTHF)5mg/day

Protocol 5:
Dietary principles (Dr. Claus Hancke) Alkaline foods with no fish, sugar, wheat or milk.
No chemicals or aluminum in the food (e.g. aluminum in table salt)
More greens, nuts and berries.
Use healthy fats: olive oil, coconut oil and organic butter.
Choose tea rather than coffee.
No alcohol or tobacco.

So it seems primarily on the HPV vaccine issue and its treatments, there is heavy metal detox, immune conditioning/rebuilding (vit-c, Lugol's, supplements) and diet of course. Any further modifications to the above or pointers would be appreciated.

The protocols explained in "Detoxify or Die" by Sherry Rogers will also be helpful. They're pretty much among the same lines explained in the Orthomolecular News article, but there is also FIR sauna. If the family has resources, they could go to Dr. Rea's health center where all this treatments are done:

_http://www.ehcd.com/

Or at least get a referral there to a center that is closer to where the family lives.

Dr. Rea is the pioneer of environmental medicine and toxicity. Detox protocols are pretty much based on that field.

Gaby said:
The protocols explained in "Detoxify or Die" by Sherry Rogers will also be helpful. They're pretty much among the same lines explained in the Orthomolecular News article, but there is also FIR sauna. If the family has resources, they could go to Dr. Rea's health center where all this treatments are done:

_http://www.ehcd.com/

Or at least get a referral there to a center that is closer to where the family lives.

Dr. Rea is the pioneer of environmental medicine and toxicity. Detox protocols are pretty much based on that field.

That's good advice for the family to follow. They can take it step by step in this direction. Thank you!

Just wanted to post this here for others who are interested. Detoxing HMs is best done with DMSA and/or EDTA (DMSA for mercury mainly, EDTA for lead, mainly). DMSA can be quite harsh, depending on the amount you take, so an alternative and easier process can be followed with the following list, the main detoxer being the cilantro/chlorella mix, the rest being assistant detox supplements and co-factors. These supps/co factors are not essential and not totally necessary. All, or a selection of them can be taken if possible.

EZ Heavy Metal Detox Protocol

Cilantro/Chlorella dropper mix (for example "Planetary Herbals, Cilantro Heavy Metal Detox"- 2 drops once a day then increase by 1 drop every 3-4 days as tolerated up to two full droppers per day.

Chlorella – 3- 4 grams once or twice a day (powder or pills)

Pantothenic Acid (vit B5) – 1 capsule per day

L-Methionine - 1 cap per day

Taurine - 1 cap per day

NAC - 1-2 caps per day

R-Fraction ALA – 1 cap per day

Milk Thistle – 2 caps per day

Selenium – 200mcg per day

Zinc – 1 pill per day or every other day

Modified Citrus Pectin – 6 caps per day

Molybdenum - 1 cap per day

Folic Acid - 1 cap per day

Humic Acid - 1 cap per day